Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Stainless Steel 7.0 Lost Files release this year

Default Re: Stainless Steel 7.0 Lost Files release this year

Hi,

thanks for your work on updating Stainless Steel but sadly I cannot download the mod the download hangs at the last 40s and never finishes.

Do I have to logged in into Mega to download the mod? Or are there other workarounds, I disabled add-blocker for the download site but this didnīt seem to work.

Thanks in advance

Germanicu5's Avatar Will buy spare time...

Hey,
    Megaupload is free, you don't need to register, just choose standard download. I just downloaded the files without logging in, everything was OK. I use ad blocker.
    Megaupload first downloads the file, then decrypts it and lets you save it, so... it might be the general "not enough resources" issue - so not enough free space on HDD/SSD or wherever your temp files are stored, less probable is too small paging file or not enough memory. I'm not 100% up to date, but some browsers (Firefox?) try to decrypt the file in memory. And if you don't have loads of free RAM, it might cause an error. Your antivirus could also be interfering.
    It doesn't look like connection issues, since it always freezes at the same moment.
    My first instinct would be trying different browser. Then cleaning temporary files in your browser (just don't delete history, cookies as last resort).

Regards
    I have no memory of this place.

Dismounted Feudal Knight's Avatar my horse for a unicode
    Content Director Citizen

Blog Entries

I've had this issue on firefox and concur that trying another browser is a good first step. It's later worked for me just fine but I have no idea what I did to make it so.
    With great power, comes great chonky dragons to feed enemies of the state. --Targaryens?
    Spoiler for wait what dragons?

Thank you both,

Restarting PC, switching to google chrome as main browser and try a new download solved the issue.

I wrote some campaign scripts in the last Year for the SS. 6.4 continuation mod Roar of Conquest Submod Version like optional Byzantine Decay Campaign where you loose the most of your City Recruitment abilities and cannot build citadels and Huge walls any longer and some random disasters happen or an very Extensive 5 stage Crown Quest for Hungary and some other stuff. The newer ones like Mongol Skull collect quest and Volcanic and flood disasters is still up to testing and Iīm not the balancing guy to be honest so some things can surely be refined.

Sadly the ROC Team is more Unit focused especially since I broke the Unit limit with the help of the M2TWEOP tool and Team. I donīt think these campaign mechanics will make it ever into an main version of the mod.

So if you think some of these scripts would fit for SS 7.0 this would make me very happy, there are some other Scripts I got from Tsardoms or a Medieval Mod or somewhere else but I donīt think anyone doesnīt want to contribute to Stainless Steel.

The scripts are all under Major Events in the campaign script. New map, with sailable Rivers, is made by Sunop Repus and still need some refining. I would need have to ask for permission to share but Iīm pretty sure he would say yes to share with SS 7.0. Here is the link: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1-5E9NnOqUkE051vNvykwLW4wuvDj6TY3/view?usp=drive_link

I cannot predict how long this particular version will be up but I guess a month or so as Iīm currently try to get some version compatible lua. scripts going. I also will be here from time to time of course to track the progress of the SS 7.0 so just ask me when the link is down.
    Last edited by mekkermann; January 27, 2024 at 04:31 AM.

Germanicu5's Avatar Will buy spare time...

Hey,
    I'm glad it works now.
    We're currently bugfixing, then there's a lot of other work to be done. I'll gladly look at some other code when the current one is finalized. I downloaded the file. M2TWEOP is really interesting, although (again) we're doing more basic stuff now.

And somehow our team is the opposite of RoC - we could really use some help with modeldb/unit integration.

Regards
    I have no memory of this place.

Quote Originally Posted by Macaras View Post
    I had the same problem, I have a steam version that has a long path to the mod launcher. In the end I managed to run the mod, what I did was:

1. Following this info, I moved the steam folder to another drive. Right now is this:
    D:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\Medieval II Total War\mods\Stainless_Steel_7.0
    2. I run the ss_setup and configured as wanted,
    3. Started the mod, the starting campaign screen appear, I chose the faction and started campaign
    4. CTD, but after clean_files and running again the campaign it started.
    I'm having the same problem. I've done everything you have but i still get the same error message. my path is the exact same as yours. I've changed the path in the CFG but as soon as i launch, it reverts back to "mod=../../../../steamlibrary/steamapps/common/medieval ii total war/mods/ss7"

The old 6.4 works as well as SSHIP.
    Last edited by Post Hoc; December 23, 2023 at 02:59 PM.
    "To say of what is that it is not, or of what is not that it is, is false, while to say of what is that it is, and of what is not that it is not, is true" ~ Aristotle

Thanks,

that you consider it is honour enough, currently found out how to trigger click events and all my lua progress run into an halt as the new 3.01 version is of course not compatible with the old 2.2.3 version lua scripts.

But also got 6 lightweight campaign mechanics accepted to transfer into the main mod, which feels very good.

I have one question I saw you wrote an new Economy Script for the AI, could we maybe use this in the Roar of Conquest mod? We will give you credits of course in game and on the download site.

Greetings.

Gigantus's Avatar I am not special - I am a limited edition.
    Patrician took an arrow to the knee spy of the council

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Post Hoc View Post
    I'm having the same problem. I've done everything you have but i still get the same error message. my path is the exact same as yours. I've changed the path in the CFG but as soon as i launch, it reverts back to "mod=../../../../steamlibrary/steamapps/common/medieval ii total war/mods/ss7"

The old 6.4 works as well as SSHIP.
    Don't do that - the SS set up will determine your current path and set it automatically. And as it has reverted it raises the following question: have you followed those library move instructions or have you manually copied stuff?

Quote Originally Posted by Gigantus View Post
    Don't do that - the SS set up will determine your current path and set it automatically. And as it has reverted it raises the following question: have you followed those library move instructions or have you manually copied stuff?
    I didn't change the CFG at first, i thought it might fix it. I have followed the instructions of that link. The only thing i didn't do was the virtual store section because i don't have a M2TW folder there.

Folder location 'E:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\Medieval II Total War\mods\Stainless_Steel_7.0'

I didn't move all games to the new drive, just M2TW. All other M2TW mods work. I have no idea what I'm doing wrong with this one.

Okay, seems i fixed it.

Verified files on steam and it loaded up, but got a CTD due to something with graphics when picking a country (had 2160p battle/Campaign). Then it would do the same thing with the remove spaces error when i tried to launch the mod. I verified steam files again, it loaded to the main menu and i changed my graphics to 1440p instead of 2160p, and it loaded the campaign. Exited to main menu and changed it back to 2160p and now it seems to work in 4k.

Last edited by Post Hoc; December 27, 2023 at 01:39 PM.
    "To say of what is that it is not, or of what is not that it is, is false, while to say of what is that it is, and of what is not that it is not, is true" ~ Aristotle

I don't know why this would happen, but every time i close the game or get a CTD, i must verify steam files to make it work again.

Hey guys, I have the exact problem with ../../../../ when launching the game from ss_setup. I only have one C drive (ssd) so I can't put steam library on a other drive.
    I also tried doing this from this thread https://www.twcenter.net/forums/show...m-install-path
    It opens M2TW with SS 7.0 but when starting the grand campaign it just goes back to start menu, there's a CTD when you click on custom battles...

Can we please also get Battle for the Baltic compatible to SS 7.0,I really with to play as Sweden in Grand Campain !

beermugcarl's Avatar Decanus

Strange thing but it's asking for a password to unzip.
    does anyone know anything about that?

Laetus

The password is given in the very first post... "ss_forever"

Hi all,

Firstly - Germanicu5, thank you for coming back to this, we'd nearly lost hope.

Unfortunately I'm also having the "relative path" issue but the only spaces in the path are in the name of the game folder, Medieval II Total War, and I can't remove them.
    I only have one drive so the current path is C:\Steam\steamapps\common\Medieval II Total War\mods\Stainless_Steel_7.0', already shorter than the usual.

I followed all instructions, installing a clean MTW, copiying the 7.0 folder, and patching it.

Can someone please help?

Thank you!

PS: I tried verifying game files but this didn't help.
    Last edited by a1aska; January 21, 2024 at 03:09 PM.

It doesn't work for me.

Quote Originally Posted by xentoo View Post
    It doesn't work for me.
    by that, I mean the password is wrong for me.

beermugcarl's Avatar Decanus

Quote Originally Posted by leftkeh View Post
    The password is given in the very first post... "ss_forever"
    Thanks.

Sometimes I forget how to read.

Hello, thank you for this mod after so many years I have logged in just for this.

I'm having a problem about the CFG file, which says "The relative path to the mod directory and the config filename cannot contain any blank spaces".
    Then it asks me to eliminate the blank spaces. I tried to do so editing the file, but no luck.

Can someone help me with it?

Thank you!

Quote Originally Posted by a1aska View Post
    Hi all,

Firstly - Germanicu5, thank you for coming back to this, we'd nearly lost hope.

Unfortunately I'm also having the "relative path" issue but the only spaces in the path are in the name of the game folder, Medieval II Total War, and I can't remove them.
    I only have one drive so the current path is C:\Steam\steamapps\common\Medieval II Total War\mods\Stainless_Steel_7.0', already shorter than the usual.

I followed all instructions, installing a clean MTW, copiying the 7.0 folder, and patching it.

Can someone please help?

Thank you!

PS: I tried verifying game files but this didn't help.
    For completionism's sake I moved the game to a virtual drive. Same thing is happening.
    Can someone please help?

Laetus

TBH, I had the same issue with the shortcut on the desktop. I bypassed the issue by running Stainless Steel directly from Steam. There I opened the properties and added:

--features.mod=mods/Stainless_Steel_7.0

Hope this works for you also!

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast