Thread: This is a rant about mods and people

Default This is a rant about mods and people

I have tried so many times getting players to play my mod, but people are simply not willing to play anything but vanilla.
    RTW 1.5 is completely bugged and unbalanced. To me to the point that Im umable to enjoy the game.

I am desperately trying to find mates to play Rome Retrofit mod 1.0
    asking for hours in the lobby. BUt people simply dont respond.

Therefor I see no point in spending time finding a good mod or even developing one.
    It is sad but, poeple simple wont change.

All the time I have put into my mod tryng to balance the game out was in vain.
    For that's it. I wont play total war anymore.
    I have asked multiple times here in the forum and in the lobby. Nobody wants to try. U guys upload all kinds of mods, but nobody plays them.
    Yet nobody addresses that issue and u just keep working on ur mods without any outcome....
    Last edited by PlautusLeo; August 29, 2018 at 02:31 PM.

Gigantus's Avatar I am not special - I am a limited edition.
    Patrician took an arrow to the knee spy of the council

Blog Entries

Default Re: This is a rant about mods and people

Multiplayer of the older game versions, default or mods, is hardly done anymore. The mods themselves are still being played in single player mode.

Commissar Caligula_'s Avatar The Ecstasy of Potatoes

You can't force people to play your mods. You should be modding for your own enjoyment, and if anyone else likes the mod then that is just a bonus.

King Athelstan's Avatar The Wheel Weaves
    Blog Entries

For finding people to play with, you might want to join a discord server or participate in Steam Discussions or something, where there are active players. I'm part of a largeish Total War- focused server, if you'd like to try in there.
    Proudly under the patronage of General Brewster of the Imperial House of Hader
    Proud patron of 4zumi, Akar, CommodusIV ,Swaeft
    and Peaman

where is this server?

King Athelstan's Avatar The Wheel Weaves
    Blog Entries

I can DM you the link if you'd like
    Proudly under the patronage of General Brewster of the Imperial House of Hader
    Proud patron of 4zumi, Akar, CommodusIV ,Swaeft
    and Peaman

Leonardo's Avatar Reborn Old Timer

Quote Originally Posted by PlautusLeo View Post
    I have tried so many times getting players to play my mod, but people are simply not willing to play anything but vanilla.
    RTW 1.5 is completely bugged and unbalanced. To me to the point that Im umable to enjoy the game.

I am desperately trying to find mates to play Rome Retrofit mod 1.0
    asking for hours in the lobby. BUt people simply dont respond.

Therefor I see no point in spending time finding a good mod or even developing one.
    It is sad but, poeple simple wont change.

All the time I have put into my mod tryng to balance the game out was in vain.
    For that's it. I wont play total war anymore.
    I have asked multiple times here in the forum and in the lobby. Nobody wants to try. U guys upload all kinds of mods, but nobody plays them.
    Yet nobody addresses that issue and u just keep working on ur mods without any outcome....
    Perhaps this is what you should do instead of being desperate and be like that doesn't make things to be better.

Quote Originally Posted by Leonardo View Post
    There is also another way to determine whether a AAR is a good read or not and that's to use the thread tools, available for everybody by clicking on the link at the top in a thread, then rate a thread.

This discussion also reminds about another thing that's similar to what you are trying to achieve here.

For example, in a modding community like the TW modding community or in any other modding communities, is about how a modder describe what a mod does by write a description that is enough attractive for people to actually read the description then try that mod even if one doesn't had the intention to do so before start reading the description.

In other words try to use some commercial tricks to persuade someone to start reading your AAR without forcing anyone to do so.

Caligula is right, nobody can force anyone to play your mod as you mention it yourself modding is a hobby and playing a mod is sort of a hobby.

Quote Originally Posted by Commissar Caligula_ View Post
    You can't force people to play your mods. You should be modding for your own enjoyment, and if anyone else likes the mod then that is just a bonus.

To sum it up: If you want people to play your mod then do as I do and that's have an image in my signature or just a link to your mod. Also, be more active on the forum and participate in discussions that interests you, not only in mod discussion, but in other discussions and doing that will expose your mod for a lot more people than those people who is reading your mod thread.
    Under patronage of General Brewster of the Imperial House of Hader.

How to make Morrowind less buggy for new players - Of course every player may find it useful.

Junaidi83 de Bodemloze's Avatar Dont Mess With Me

Modding is hobby, and different people will have different kind of thing they like or not, vanilla is normal things since people will accept vanilla as standart .
    Modding is like accursed wine, you try a sip and you ended empty the whole glass
    Under Proud Patronage of Shankbot de Bodemloze

I mod for my own benefit, then I share. If people like, I am thrilled. if not, then fine too.
    BTW, even if I could keep stats on downloads, etc, I would never bother.

Don't sweat it; enjoy what you have created and have some fun.

♔Greek Strategos♔'s Avatar THE BEARDED MACE
    took an arrow to the knee

Quote Originally Posted by Leonardo View Post
    To sum it up: If you want people to play your mod then do as I do and that's have an image in my signature or just a link to your mod. Also, be more active on the forum and participate in discussions that interests you, not only in mod discussion, but in other discussions and doing that will expose your mod for a lot more people than those people who is reading your mod thread.
    Agreed. Plus the OP is a member since 07 and has 171 posts, so not active at all, as it seems.

PS
    Starting threads with ''this is a rant'' is also quite discouraging for people to follow you.