Page 27 of 38 FirstFirst ... 2171819202122232425262728293031323334353637 ... LastLast

Thread: PFM 4.1.2 - Warhammer support, also: 5.0, preliminary WH2 support

Default Re: PFM 4.1.2 - Warhammer support

Quote Originally Posted by zoommooz11 View Post
    Went through bit by bit, and it appears that there is a problem with some of the text files. I was able to open and adjust them yesterday (again using 4.1.1), but it appears the new version does not like some of the listings now, and is unable to open them with the error "illegal loc file, doesent have a byte order mark". Now, as this also appears to effects the games ability to load these files, hence why mods are not wortking. What is weird is that some file open fine, and other don't, even though all of them are from on mod or another. Perhaps this can help trouble shot.
    What listings?
    And what text files?
    .loc files aren't text files, they are a specific db file format.

I'm pretty certain nothing changed in either text file nor loc file handling between 4.1.1 and 4.1.2...

I'm really sorry you guys seem to have such huge problems, I'd help if I could, but I have no idea what's causing them.
    I'm pretty certain it's not caused by PFM as such, but from some underlying assumption about how TW handles the files which has changed recently (probably with TW:W which was when Radious and others started reporting weird crashes).
    Last edited by daniu; January 09, 2017 at 09:56 AM.
    Tools: PFM 4.1 - EditSF 1.2.0
    (Download PFM - Download EditSF)
    Warscape Modding Guide
    Join the PFM User Group on Steam to receive PackFileManager update notifications.

Respecto Patronum

@ daniu

Hey mate not your fault, your support of PFM in invaluable. You are of course correct, the loc files are the problem. To reiterate how I got here:

1. Been using PFM for ages, without updating (although I have auto update for latest schema), until yesterday I started getting an error when trying to open it (it would then open but the tables looked all funny).

2. Downloaded the latest version, and reopened our mod (wakes realism) and continued to make adjustment. When finished, the game would load, but the starting screes graphics, as well as the two WE race flags where all white, and any campaign would load most of the way and then crash.

3. Went back to an earlier version, and began bring changes across, piece by piece to test, and found when I added the text files the problem came back.

4. https://www.dropbox.com/s/v8899xumi9...aniu.pack?dl=0 I removed all parts of the mod bar these loc tables causing problems (see dropbox). Weirdly, the ones at the top of the table all seem to work, while the ones at the bottom don't.

Hopefully this might help you ascertain why their is suddenly a problem (although suddenly is subject, as I have been using 4.1.1 up until yesterday).

Cheers

Well the file you uploaded does seem to be corrupted.
    If you go through the files, it's fine up to faction_groups__core.loc, then factions__core.loc has values up to factions_attack_desc_wh_main_grn, then the file itself is filled with 0s; as are all following (you can check it out yourself if you open them in a Hex editor, or the DecodeTool - the left hand side shows the raw data).
    I assume PFM crashed while you were saving it or something?
    Try reloading older versions you still have around.

Oh, and I updated the schema; turned out I did miss some files that didn't work.
    Warscape Modding Guide
    Join the PFM User Group on Steam to receive PackFileManager update notifications.

Respecto Patronum

Hi Danui, so the the cai_personalities table may have an issue, as I'm noticing some odd behavior still while using this modded table.

I forgot to tell you before, be "allowed_for_random_selection" table shouldn't be "default", but a true or false tick selection choice. Thanks again!
    Be on alert, stand firm in the faith, act like men, be strong. Let all that you do be done in Love. (1 Corinthians 16:13)

♔atthias♔'s Avatar dutch speaking
    Citizen

I am sorry if I missed it but how to install this?
    Rise of Mordor 3D Modelers Wanted
    Total War - Rise of Mordor
    Are you a 3D Environment and Character artist, or a Character Animator?

If yes, then the Rise of Mordor team linked above is looking for you!
    Massive Overhaul Submod Units!
    D you want some units back in MOS 1.7? Install this mod http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...n-1-1-RELEASED
    It adds back units who were deleted from the campaign in MOS 1.7, namely the Winged Swordsmen, the Citadel Guard Archers and the Gondor Dismounted Bodyguard.

Under the proud patronage of
    Frunk of the house of Siblesz

Hi guys, I've got some problems with extractions of files in PFM, the files I extract ends up in the assembly kit folder in Rome II!?

I don't get asked to choose to wich folder I want to extract the files.

Is it possible to turn off this pre-chosen directory?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Steel*Faith View Post
    Hi Danui, so the the cai_personalities table may have an issue, as I'm noticing some odd behavior still while using this modded table.
    I forgot to tell you before, be "allowed_for_random_selection" table shouldn't be "default", but a true or false tick selection choice. Thanks again!
    I'm not sure what you mean by that...

Quote Originally Posted by atthias View Post
    I am sorry if I missed it but how to install this?
    Unzip, run the PackFileManager.exe that gets extracted.

Quote Originally Posted by Vilhelm View Post
    Hi guys, I've got some problems with extractions of files in PFM, the files I extract ends up in the assembly kit folder in Rome II!?
    I don't get asked to choose to wich folder I want to extract the files.
    Is it possible to turn off this pre-chosen directory?
    The way the directories to where files are created is actually rather complicated, and I don't remember all of how it works tbh, and am a bit surprised it doesn't ask.

But what should definitely work is using the MyMod feature which allows you to select a folder for the mod you're working on, and where the pack for the mod will be placed.
    This will also result in extracted files getting put relative to that folder.
    Warscape Modding Guide

Respecto Patronum

I am new to modding and Im trying to follow the steps what Caligula wrote in this page: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfile...scn=1484896782
    When I downloaded this it didnt ask me which game to direct it.
    Any help?

Quote Originally Posted by chriswhr View Post
    I am new to modding and Im trying to follow the steps what Caligula wrote in this page: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfile...scn=1484896782
    When I downloaded this it didnt ask me which game to direct it.
    Any help?
    You need to be somewhat more specific on what is happening.
    Does PFM start at all, but you didn't get to choose a game?
    If it does start, when it is running, what game is it set to (check in the Game menu)?
    Is the list missing the game you're trying to work on?
    Warscape Modding Guide

Respecto Patronum

First I download the file, then I open. Its just a window where below the first section what says "File,edit,view,etc" it says "add, extract, test" and then there are many files like " 7zip.dll, autoupdate, common.dll".
    There is no option what says "game" or anything, I open it and I only see files.

I got it now I need to install Winrar first.
    I am totally new to this so I apologize.

Hey guys, Can you guide me on how to change skin from one unit to another? I want to change the current glade lord skin to the one from wildwood rangers. When I copied the attributes from "variant", the game crashed. What did I do wrong? Thanks so much

Quote Originally Posted by daniu View Post
    I'm not sure what you mean by that...

In the the cai_personalities table, the "allowed_for_random_selection" column in the Assembly kit is a true or false value, which in PFM should be a box to checkmark (or tick) if it's true, or to leave it blank which would make it false. This is how you handled other tables with "true" or "false" values. I just figured this might be causing some conflict, as of now, it is only listed as "default" for all the various AI profiles.
    Be on alert, stand firm in the faith, act like men, be strong. Let all that you do be done in Love. (1 Corinthians 16:13)

In the the cai_personalities table, the "allowed_for_random_selection" column in the Assembly kit is a true or false value, which in PFM should be a box to checkmark (or tick) if it's true, or to leave it blank which would make it false. This is how you handled other tables with "true" or "false" values. I just figured this might be causing some conflict, as of now, it is only listed as "default" for all the various AI profiles.
    Okay, I see.
    But the "default" value that is displayed is actual data from that db file, ie a string value. That means that the allowed_for_random_selection column is not present in the db file at all (all columns are strings).
    The only thing I can do is rename that column to "unknown".
    Warscape Modding Guide

Respecto Patronum

Ok, if you renamed it to "unknown", would this make the game use the vanilla values for the "allowed_for_random_selection column"?

Ok, if you renamed it to "unknown", would this make the game use the vanilla values for the "allowed_for_random_selection column"?
    The column names are really only for display. If you rename a column "enabled" to "foobar", the game will still use the data in it for the "enabled" function.

The problem is that the data in Assembly Kit and the data in the packs is not 1:1; not everything in AK's cai_personalities definitely gets put into the pack's cai_personalities table - it looks like the allowed_for_random_selection column does not end up there (otherwise it would contain a boolean field).
    I assume the value in the AK table gets put somewhere else; but I don't know where.
    It's also possible that the AK does not export the column at all, but only uses it to control the data export itself.

So to answer your question :yes, the game uses the vanilla values for that column, if you didn't change it wherever it did end up.
    Warscape Modding Guide

Respecto Patronum

Ok, I see, thanks for the explanation Danui.

@daniu Hey there buddy, you don't happen to know how to fix the xml.material files issue that has been going on, corrupting retextures?
    Sorry if you've already answered this, I just got to this forum haha.
    Last edited by frolof; January 28, 2017 at 05:36 AM.

Do anybody have problems with the show up of their own mods? I reinstalled currently Attila, and now all of my mods for Total Warhammer donīt show up, even if i select the right game... i even deleted attila, but the pfm say "the current game is attila, but it is not installed". I had 3 versions of the pfm installed on my desktop, and i used version 3.5.2 instead of 4.1.2 to check my attila mods... and now nothing is working anymore on 4.1.2.
    I can open ca pack though.

Did i mess up anything? I donīt know what happened

where can i edit the missile damage? please help