Page 55 of 81 FirstFirst ... 53045464748495051525354555657585960616263646580 ... LastLast
Results 1,081 to 1,100 of 1614

Thread: MOS, the ultimate TATW experience.

♔atthias♔'s Avatar dutch speaking
    Citizen

Default Re: MOS, the ultimate TATW experience.

Quote Originally Posted by MIKE GOLF View Post
    An update for the RK mod for MOS 1.7 is in the testing phase right now.
    my bad forgot about that
    Rise of Mordor 3D Modelers Wanted
    Total War - Rise of Mordor
    Are you a 3D Environment and Character artist, or a Character Animator?

If yes, then the Rise of Mordor team linked above is looking for you!
    Massive Overhaul Submod Units!
    D you want some units back in MOS 1.7? Install this mod http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...n-1-1-RELEASED
    It adds back units who were deleted from the campaign in MOS 1.7, namely the Winged Swordsmen, the Citadel Guard Archers and the Gondor Dismounted Bodyguard.

Under the proud patronage of
    Frunk of the house of Siblesz

Mordor problem is that their units are overpowered as hell and spammable, you can't out spam them as Gondor and they can just swarm your units, which results in the basic orc band kicking the ass of elite units because of how the engine works.

g2nim's Avatar Libertus

Quote Originally Posted by Rovdyr740 View Post
    It is indeed a great mod! I was wondering if there will be added more the game? There are still some bugs (like troops getting stuck in the southern part of Anduin).

Suggestions:

- Divide Dwarfs into two factions Erebor and Ered Luin (and Blue Mountains)
    - Divide Gondor into The White City + Dol Amroth
    - Harad into Corsairs and Harad
    - Mordor into Mordor and Dol Guldur

Why? well the current amount of faction limits the variety of which the game can be played.

Another point is that right now Mordor is OP AF if you enable all benefits (which is awesome). I am however missing the same challenge when playing the evil factions as Mordor just steam rolls everyone. Could fx Arnor get the same kind of buffs if the player is playing as an evil faction?
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    Après avoir joué avec Stainless Steel, Divide & Conquer, Deus lo volt ou Pro Deo et Rege, tous ces jeux sont instables parce qu'ils mettent en oeuvre un maximum de factions. Conservez MOS tel qu'il est. C'est un gage de stabilité comme TA 3.2
    Post in English only please, doing it (again) in another language is against the Terms of Service of this site and could leave you on the receiving end of an infraction.
    Last edited by Veteraan; October 12, 2017 at 03:30 PM. Reason: User went against the TWC rules by not posting in English

Default Dirty units and sauron not Returning

hello well i installed MOS Enhanced and the only problem i have is the unit gets a layer of "dirt" on them after the deploy fase and it loos very ugly so i want to know how toget rid of it, second is it seems sauron does not return and thus no invasions can be called, im on turn 80 and nothing... it only says each turn that a dark lord servant has been promoted seems like a bug to me, anyone know how to fix this?

Citizen

Default Re: Dirty units and sauron not Returning

Quote Originally Posted by deadlights3094 View Post
    hello well i installed MOS Enhanced and the only problem i have is the unit gets a layer of "dirt" on them after the deploy fase and it loos very ugly so i want to know how toget rid of it, second is it seems sauron does not return and thus no invasions can be called, im on turn 80 and nothing... it only says each turn that a dark lord servant has been promoted seems like a bug to me, anyone know how to fix this?
    ask the mod enhanced team on moddb the MOS team don't support any submods make for MOS

D you want some units back in MOS 1.7? Install this mod http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...n-1-1-RELEASED
    It adds back units who were deleted from the campaign in MOS 1.7, namely the Winged Swordsmen, the Citadel Guard Archers and the Gondor Dismounted Bodyguard.

g2nim's Avatar Libertus

Quote Originally Posted by g2nim View Post
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    Après avoir joué avec Stainless Steel, Divide & Conquer, Deus lo volt ou Pro Deo et Rege, tous ces jeux sont instables parce qu'ils mettent en oeuvre un maximum de factions. Conservez MOS tel qu'il est. C'est un gage de stabilité comme TA 3.2
    Post in English only please, doing it (again) in another language is against the Terms of Service of this site and could leave you on the receiving end of an infraction.
    What a pity ! It was a compliment ! Even in french I think my advice could be knew by the members... you would be reduced to read my bad english next time...until you surrended

Default Re: Dirty units and sauron not Returning

Quote Originally Posted by deadlights3094 View Post
    That's due to Crimson Tide 4, which comes with MOS Enhanced. Try installing Crimson Tide 4 no dirt over top of it.
    Last edited by Veteraan; October 19, 2017 at 02:14 AM. Reason: Added a quote of the question so that it is clear what in fact is being answered here

Default coming back to MOS

Hi everyone, I played mos about three years ago and I am coming back from a hiatus. First what an accomplishment, MOS is amazing. Unfortunately I have deleted third age about two years age but I am coming back to the game now.

i have reinstalled vanilla and that works. However when I extracted MOS I think I just made a copy of third age within my existing copy. As a result when I load third age only the vanilla pops up. I imagine this is a common problem but didn't find anything in the thread. Can y'all help me please? Thanks

Veteraan's Avatar TATW Local Moderator

Default Re: coming back to MOS

Quote Originally Posted by icedbecker2007 View Post
    Hi everyone, I played mos about three years ago and I am coming back from a hiatus. First what an accomplishment, MOS is amazing. Unfortunately I have deleted third age about two years age but I am coming back to the game now.

i have reinstalled vanilla and that works. However when I extracted MOS I think I just made a copy of third age within my existing copy. As a result when I load third age only the vanilla pops up. I imagine this is a common problem but didn't find anything in the thread. Can y'all help me please? Thanks
    Looks like you installed it in the wrong folder. You should use the "mods" folder, not the "Third_Age_3" one.

Citizenised by Shankbot - Patron of b0Gia - House de Bodemloze

Roma_Victrix's Avatar Call me Ishmael

Is MOS going to have the new DAC custom battlemap settlements once they release it for their own sub-mod?

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...lemap-Previews

Leo.Civilis.uefs has already arranged to have these new settlements in his "alternative patch" submod once they are released with the latest version of DAC.

Quote Originally Posted by Roma_Victrix View Post
    Is MOS going to have the new DAC custom battlemap settlements once they release it for their own sub-mod?

Leo.Civilis.uefs has already arranged to have these new settlements in his "alternative patch" submod once they are released with the latest version of DAC.
    They are wonderful looking models. The creators of them are amazing.

Quote Originally Posted by MIKE GOLF View Post
    They are wonderful looking models. The creators of them are amazing.
    Thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by Roma_Victrix View Post

That is partially true, all that has been done for V2 will probably be a DaC exclusive for a limited time. But after that you're free to use them as you wish.

Roma_Victrix's Avatar Call me Ishmael

Quote Originally Posted by Arkay View Post
    Thank you.

That is partially true, all that has been done for V2 will probably be a DaC exclusive for a limited time. But after that you're free to use them as you wish.
    Thanks for clarifying! It will be glorious when it happens.

Laetus

Hats off to everyone making all the TATW submods possible. They're amazing to say the least.

I'm having trouble finding an answer to the following: Can I run MOS successfully with the following Mac system (TATW Vanilla is installed and playable already):

OSX 10.11.6
    MacBook Pro (Retina, Late 2013)
    Processor: 2.4 GHz Intel Core i5
    Memory: 4 GB 1600 MHz DDR3
    Graphics: Intel Iris 1536 MB

I'd appreciate any help!

Quote Originally Posted by Jakakka View Post
    Hats off to everyone making all the TATW submods possible. They're amazing to say the least.

I'm having trouble finding an answer to the following: Can I run MOS successfully with the following Mac system (TATW Vanilla is installed and playable already):

OSX 10.11.6
    MacBook Pro (Retina, Late 2013)
    Processor: 2.4 GHz Intel Core i5
    Memory: 4 GB 1600 MHz DDR3
    Graphics: Intel Iris 1536 MB

I'd appreciate any help!
    Welcome to the forums, if you are able to run TATW, currently on your Mac I don't see why you could not run MOS on it.

You cant run tatw and submods on mac or linux. Tried for many times and the problem is custume settlements.

There is a problem with the gateanimation and i can not been loaded.
    There is a solution but it requires to change all the gateanimations by hand, and i was to lazzy for that. I install windows and now it runs.

Look in the linuxsubsection. There are all the answers as well for mac as well.

Best regards

C.l.

Quote Originally Posted by c.l. View Post
    You cant run tatw and submods on mac or linux. Tried for many times and the problem is custume settlements.

There is a problem with the gateanimation and i can not been loaded.
    There is a solution but it requires to change all the gateanimations by hand, and i was to lazzy for that. I install windows and now it runs.

Look in the linuxsubsection. There are all the answers as well for mac as well.

Best regards

C.l.
    That is a cryin' shame.

Hi!
    1) How can I get experience bonus provided by barracks/archery ranges for units? I get experience bonus only for units which take 1 turn for training (like Silvan Sentries). Other units (2 or 3 turns for training) require retraining which costs almost the same amount of money. (I know about M2TW bug with experience but it was related to save/load https://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/9315...l-war/45393025 )
    2) The village Rhosgobel (or like this) achieved population 1500 but no upgrade offered. Is it an issue or a feature? Can I fix it somehow?

Citizen

Quote Originally Posted by AlexeyA View Post
    Hi!
    1) How can I get experience bonus provided by barracks/archery ranges for units? I get experience bonus only for units which take 1 turn for training (like Silvan Sentries). Other units (2 or 3 turns for training) require retraining which costs almost the same amount of money. (I know about M2TW bug with experience but it was related to save/load https://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/9315...l-war/45393025 )
    2) The village Rhosgobel (or like this) achieved population 1500 but no upgrade offered. Is it an issue or a feature? Can I fix it somehow?
    1 vanilla MTW2 problem just make sure retraining is the last ting you do before you hit end turn
    2 working as intended

Quote Originally Posted by atthias View Post
    1 vanilla MTW2 problem just make sure retraining is the last ting you do before you hit end turn
    Sorry, I wasn't clear may be, but my question was "How can I get barracks/archery experience bonus without extra retraining?".