Page 14 of 45 FirstFirst ... 45678910111213141516171819202122232439 ... LastLast

Thread: ~~~OLD~~~ [FAQ] General questions

♔atthias♔'s Avatar dutch speaking
    Citizen

Default Re: [FAQ] General questions

hello everyone I have a question if CA do not provide full Campaign Map tools will you create one? if yes is that not illegal?
    and excuse me if it is a bit to early to answer to question
    greetings atthias
    Rise of Mordor 3D Modelers Wanted
    Total War - Rise of Mordor
    Are you a 3D Environment and Character artist, or a Character Animator?

If yes, then the Rise of Mordor team linked above is looking for you!
    Massive Overhaul Submod Units!
    D you want some units back in MOS 1.7? Install this mod http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...n-1-1-RELEASED
    It adds back units who were deleted from the campaign in MOS 1.7, namely the Winged Swordsmen, the Citadel Guard Archers and the Gondor Dismounted Bodyguard.

Under the proud patronage of
    Frunk of the house of Siblesz

Mr.Jox's Avatar WHY SO SERIOUS?!

I just say one thing.
    Will you be a lot frustrated to play on Europe campaign map? Me not coz I won't even play campaign

Citizen

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.J View Post
    I just say one thing.
    Will you be a lot frustrated to play on Europe campaign map? Me not coz I won't even play campaign
    yes I wil be frustated but will you not aswer my orther questions? if you do not want that That is okay then
    greetings atthias
    Last edited by ♔atthias♔; July 06, 2015 at 02:47 PM.

D you want some units back in MOS 1.7? Install this mod http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...n-1-1-RELEASED
    It adds back units who were deleted from the campaign in MOS 1.7, namely the Winged Swordsmen, the Citadel Guard Archers and the Gondor Dismounted Bodyguard.

Quote Originally Posted by atthias View Post
    yes I wil be frustated but will you not aswer my orther questions? if you do not want that That is okay then
    greetings atthias
    I think its legal but I'm not sure.
    CA won't provide campaign map nor any new tools for Attila
    And I can't say if we will make own tool. It would take 10 montgs for CA's best programmers to make such tool without releasing new games, patches, fixes.
    Maybe we can find faster and easier way but in any case it's long boring and not stable process. So I can't say anything here. Besides we don't even have programmers.

Alkar's Avatar Decanus

1. I think our MT will be the best game MT ever. Why? Because Attila allows us to control AI (we can even make custom civilians behavior). We can put working trebuchets on walls, we can make each tile of the settlement destructable (will take much time) etc etc. There is a lot of reasons why our MT will be very epic.
    2. Is there any example? For example I didn't know that 3 of 9 were given to Numenoreans.
    3. As we have said, we dunno if we can make visual magic ingame (I don't think game engine allows us and even if it does we can't dedicate our time on exploring how to make it). Besides I've said we won't forget about 'magic effects'. For example Nazgul will have kinda fear trait which will disable enemy armies for attack for some while etc.
    Visual effects aren't very important if the time needed to create them is not worth it imo (whatever works best time-wise and resource-wise). I would like to see very powerful game-changer heroes though. For instance, if you see Sauron as the general or the Witch-king, the player then says: Oh crap, I'm screwed. Lol As for the Numenoreans, I can provide the quote if you like:

Yet Sauron was ever guileful, and it is said that among those whom he ensnared with the Nine Rings three were great lords of Númenórean race. - Akallabeth: The Downfall of Numenor
    Last edited by Alkar; July 07, 2015 at 02:05 PM.

Of the Lore of Middle-earth: Click Here and Here

Berem's Avatar Libertus
    ...Brasil, Santa Catarina, Florianópolis...

And I can't say if we will make own tool. It would take 10 montgs for CA's best programmers to make such tool without releasing new games, patches, fixes.
    Maybe we can find faster and easier way but in any case it's long boring and not stable process. So I can't say anything here. Besides we don't even have programmers.
    You are not going to create a Middle-Earth map on Europe's Map? Some kind of altering the aesthetic of the map adding mountings, rivers, creating seas?

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    You see, my friend, or should I say foe: the truth has died so long ago, that I shall not find her headstone!

Quote Originally Posted by Berem View Post
    You are not going to create a Middle-Earth map on Europe's Map? Some kind of altering the aesthetic of the map adding mountings, rivers, creating seas?
    We will do our best with map, of course we will modify it as much as we can. But it still will be Europe map with ME heightmap.

Citizen

okay thanks for the answer
    greetings atthias

Berem's Avatar Libertus

We will do our best with map, of course we will modify it as much as we can. But it still will be Europe map with ME heightmap.
    Phew! That is comforting, very good to know; for a moment I thought it would be just Europe's map just as in vanilla, that you gave up on your plans to alter the map!

You see, my friend, or should I say foe: the truth has died so long ago, that I shall not find her headstone!

Phew! That is comforting, very good to know; for a moment I thought it would be just Europe's map just as in vanilla, that you gave up on your plans to alter the map!
    No, surely not
    We will create such tiles as Misty Mountains, actually all mountains of ME, not sure yet but we will also create rivers, like Anduin etc. Then add campaign map models (like Minas Tirith settlement model) or like gates of Argonath, Weathertop, mt. Doom etc. Also we will work on climate, terrain and weather. For example smoke dark Mordor, nice yellow effects for Lorien etc.

Berem's Avatar Libertus

No, surely not
    We will create such tiles as Misty Mountains, actually all mountains of ME, not sure yet but we will also create rivers, like Anduin etc. Then add campaign map models (like Minas Tirith settlement model) or like gates of Argonath, Weathertop, mt. Doom etc. Also we will work on climate, terrain and weather. For example smoke dark Mordor, nice yellow effects for Lorien etc.
    Excellent; amazing yellow effects and dark smoke; yes please!

Excellent; amazing yellow effects and dark smoke; yes please!
    Sure, it's possible Same as campaign map textures.

I have two questions

1. First of all I'm wondering if this mod will be compatible with the Blood and Burning DLC because if it is that will greatly influence if I spend the 3 dollars on it or not heheh.

2. I know you have already said multiple times that you are not releasing a set time for the mod to come out, however, I am wondering if it will be released before the next historical TW game. I know that you are not moving the progress to Warhammer as it is not moddable but if the game after Warhammer is historical and moddable you have said that you will move your progress over to it. Now the game after Warhammer could take anywhere from 2-4 years to come out so the RoM mod must be out by then... Right? Because honestly if this mod doesn't come out for Attila then I will have to completely regret spending 45 dollars on a reskin on Rome II.

Quote Originally Posted by Onodrim2000 View Post
    I have two questions

1. First of all I'm wondering if this mod will be compatible with the Blood and Burning DLC because if it is that will greatly influence if I spend the 3 dollars on it or not heheh.

2. I know you have already said multiple times that you are not releasing a set time for the mod to come out, however, I am wondering if it will be released before the next historical TW game. I know that you are not moving the progress to Warhammer as it is not moddable but if the game after Warhammer is historical and moddable you have said that you will move your progress over to it. Now the game after Warhammer could take anywhere from 2-4 years to come out so the RoM mod must be out by then... Right? Because honestly if this mod doesn't come out for Attila then I will have to completely regret spending 45 dollars on a reskin on Rome II.
    1. Well, I dunno how DLC works but I'm almost sure it will be compatible.
    2. Well it's a mistake if you consider Attila as Rome2's reskin. Just open Rome2's workshop and 90% of mods you will find there will be reskins. Now open Attila and compare. Yes games very similar but it took few years for developers to make this game. Engine improved, units completively reworked, all the data reworked, new campaign map mechanic, family trees etc.
    In any case why did you buy Attila then? For our mod only? You went on your own risk when bought game for work in progress mod only.
    And to make it clear: Warhammer was in development since Rome2. This means CA had Rome2 and Warhammer in parallel development. Then CA had Attila and Warhammer in parallel development. Warhammer doesn't affect the line of historical/classic TW titles. Next year we can get announced with new TW historical title or even can buy it.
    But even if new modable historical title comes out we will have to think about worthness to move.
    1. We should easily transfer all our current progress;
    2. New game should have much better toolkit. How it can be better than now? It should include currect toolkit + full campaign map editor and/or sound modding tools.

I'm sure this has been mentioned, I looked through all the comments to hopefully find it, but could not. So I hope I'm not wasting your time.

My question is, is that you guys may possible release the alpha stage late this month, is that going to steam so everyone can try it?
    Or is it going to be a select few fans who get the first go around?

Pre-Alpha*
    It will be inteam release only.

Pre-Alpha*
    It will be inteam release only.
    Will there be any video from P-Alpha like the one with THFE Productions, because that one was very good

Yes THFE Productions and xlionheart are planned youtube testers.

My apologies for being "That Guy" who asks a question with only an cursory look at the FAQ but are you planning on taking inspiration from the Third Age mod for Medieval 2: Kingdoms? If, by some miracle you have neither played it, nor heard of it, I'd highly recommend taking notes on it, as it is an excellent example of a Lord of the Rings Total War mod done right.

Quote Originally Posted by Ulmont View Post
    My apologies for being "That Guy" who asks a question with only an cursory look at the FAQ but are you planning on taking inspiration from the Third Age mod for Medieval 2: Kingdoms? If, by some miracle you have neither played it, nor heard of it, I'd highly recommend taking notes on it, as it is an excellent example of a Lord of the Rings Total War mod done right.
    There will be parts that are similar, but we are not using any of their work. We are making our own mod, which in my opinion will be better then TATW (speaking as someone with hundereds of hours clocked on TATW and Submods). We have all heard of it and i think most have played it, some of us love it, others hate it. But to be clear this will not be "Third Age for Atilla" This is a totally different mod, but much will be the same, as we are making the same universe and concepts.