Page 12 of 16 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111213141516 LastLast

Thread: [UPD 20 AUG 16] Preview: Dwarves of Erebor

Default Re: [UPD 28 MAY 15] Preview: Dwarves of Erebor

I still dont know the time period properly but if its before the hobbit then you have a family tree to use (hobbit 2)

fempston's Avatar Foederatus

They said that time is after sauron returned so dain os a king under mountain

So if its based just after the last hobbit film then isengard should not be in the mod cos they come into the war for the ring much later.

Maestro1's Avatar Tiro

For Isengard we've got our plans. Don't worry

Mr.Jox's Avatar WHY SO SERIOUS?!

Have you ever read the books?
    Mod starts when Sauron openly displayed he is back and he's in Mordor. It's just the begining of Lord of the Rings story. None of Hobbit events take place here besides Dol Guldur scenes shown in Hobbit films are not from that time frame, I dunno why PJ decided to add it there but it was in different time.

I had mentioned this in another thread but I figured it was more apropriate to direct it here.
    Are there any plans to include the dwarven concepts (minus the goats/boars) from WETA's website ?
    They had created fine suits and even made differentiative characteristics among the armies and soldiers.

Well most of Iron Hills concepts can be used but almost none of Erebor character armours.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.J View Post
    Well most of Iron Hills concepts can be used but almost none of Erebor character armours.
    I remember, saying something along the lines that they look too warhammer-ey.
    I disagree kinda, I think some of the desgins are cool but is there something that you consider very out of place for the Lotr dwarves ?

These are the Iron Hills concepts that I can find.
    Their helmets resemble greek corinthian or Normal Helmets unlike the closed helmets of the Ereborian ones, which is a neat differentiation.
    The artists also mentioned they were going for a boar motif with them as it seen on the helmet plume and the cheeks.

Do you find it a good idea to distinguish the ranks this way?
    The dwarf on the left of the upper right box could be the standard heavy infantry while the right one the officer with the hairy plume.
    Or make boar-like crest like Dain Ironfoot ?

So I don't know if anyone here heard, but moddability for Total War Warhammer just became supported by CA.

So my question is, does this change anything for the mod? Is it worth shifting resources to that game (for magic or heroes or something)? And if not, would you try using dwarf models from that game for this one?

Lysander_'s Avatar Foederatus

Quote Originally Posted by mw51630 View Post
    So I don't know if anyone here heard, but moddability for Total War Warhammer just became supported by CA.

So my question is, does this change anything for the mod? Is it worth shifting resources to that game (for magic or heroes or something)? And if not, would you try using dwarf models from that game for this one?
    Here this is what Mr. Jox said before in an other thread to Total War Warhammer Modding an hour ago:

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Jox View Post
    So far it's too early to think about moving our mod.
    Assembly Kit with at least some important features will come not earlier than in a year(with battlemap tools and other non-database tweaking tools). At the moment it looks like limited to the warhammer world and nothing apart from that. I already see non-warhammer mods are denied by EULA.
    And Im not sure but I think Warhammer dwarves are different to the dwarves of LOTR like the size.

I don´t know if there are any difficulties with the creation of dwarven-sized units or with the animation (I´m maybe missinterpreting some things said about the differences of dwarves in the Warhammeruniverse and LotR...) but if there are an problems you may, if you haven´t alreday spoke with him, ask this guy http://www.moddb.com/mods/iron-hill-...ones4#imagebox for some tipps in this matter.
    Medieval II: Hyrule: Total War

We have implemented our Erebor Dwarves in game long ago. We just didn't show them to anyone.

We have implemented our Erebor Dwarves in game long ago. We just didn't show them to anyone.
    Well great to hear!

I thought there could be difficulties because of what Vikus said in the statement about the Warhammer topic:
    Quote Originally Posted by Vikus van de Merwe View Post
    [...] and even the fact that Total War: Warhammer offers us dwarves and and flying beasts doesn't really help us. Warhammer and Lord of the Rings are two different fantasy universes. Dwarves in Middle-earth just don't look like dwarves in Warhammer and the same point applies for trolls. We will have trouble with dwarven / troll skeletons either way.
    But I´m glad to hear that my worries were without reason!
    Medieval II: Hyrule: Total War

Our dwarves are a little far from perfect because they use man skeleton. We used some tricks to make very fat man but shoulders and legs still make them look humanish. Not yet tested animation in details in combat but its ok more or less.

♔atthias♔'s Avatar dutch speaking
    Citizen

Our dwarves are a little far from perfect because they use man skeleton. We used some tricks to make very fat man but shoulders and legs still make them look humanish. Not yet tested animation in details in combat but its ok more or less.
    are you planning on making them perfect after first release
    Rise of Mordor 3D Modelers Wanted
    Total War - Rise of Mordor
    Are you a 3D Environment and Character artist, or a Character Animator?

If yes, then the Rise of Mordor team linked above is looking for you!
    Massive Overhaul Submod Units!
    D you want some units back in MOS 1.7? Install this mod http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...n-1-1-RELEASED
    It adds back units who were deleted from the campaign in MOS 1.7, namely the Winged Swordsmen, the Citadel Guard Archers and the Gondor Dismounted Bodyguard.

Under the proud patronage of
    Frunk of the house of Siblesz

Yeah, after.

fempston
    1.agreed

2.that aroured infantry was veterans of azanulbizar from battle of the azanulbizar and that warriors have very high exp in battle,they are one of the most or even the best warriors in middle earth

3,leader in that time was torin 3 stonehelm son of dain

and maybe in the begining of the campaign iron hill should have one small army of the veterans of azanulbizar because after the battle most of them went with dain back to the iron hills,and alkar you dont now very much about the dwarves they are not above avrage they are more elite faction but low in numbers they are like the elves or even stronger

Alkar's Avatar Decanus

Quote Originally Posted by Dwarvengamer12 View Post
    fempston
    1.agreed

2.that aroured infantry was veterans of azanulbizar from battle of the azanulbizar and that warriors have very high exp in battle,they are one of the most or even the best warriors in middle earth

3,leader in that time was torin 3 stonehelm son of dain

and maybe in the begining of the campaign iron hill should have one small army of the veterans of azanulbizar because after the battle most of them went with dain back to the iron hills,and alkar you dont now very much about the dwarves they are not above avrage they are more elite faction but low in numbers they are like the elves or even stronger
    They are not elite ... except at very close-range fighting which will often not be given to them by a tactical opponent.

Of the Lore of Middle-earth: Click Here and Here

alkar, how do you mean wich will often not be given to them....they dont have a choice because dwarves will stuck in meele for sure..men orcs and elves can shot them for days but they will kill very,very few of them because only elven superior arrows can penetrate dwarven superior armour and shields....and THEY ARE ELITE they have superior armour and locked morale wich means they will never run only in most desperate times and they have the best stamina and they are mele experts which makes them elite.. only they are slow but they are not that slow they are realy fast most likely fast as humans and orcs but they are slower than elves and some humans only