Page 74 of 78 FirstFirst ... 2449646566676869707172737475767778 LastLast
Results 1,461 to 1,480 of 1545

Thread: Modding Questions and Help Thread

Ngugi's Avatar TATW & Albion Local Mod

Default Re: Modding Questions and Help Thread

Not my area either, hehe, but got the impression the .mesh also controls the textures, as I found a thread and reading a post from a bloke named Argantonio: http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...-siege-engines

Kingdom of Lindon preview video out

DCI: Last Alliance
    - WIP Second Age mod | DCI: Tôl Acharn - mighty Dúnedain Counter Invasions |
    Additional Mercenary Minimod - more mercs; for TATW and DCI | Family Tree minimods - lore improvements | Remade Event Pictures - enhance cultures trough images |
    Favorite TATW compilation: Withwnars Submod Collection
    Patron of Mank, Kiliç Alì, FireFreak111, MIKEGOLF & Arachir Galudirithon, Earl of Memory

I've also seen it, but I didn't want to accept that there's no separate file for that. So I'll start messing around with the hex editor and come back when there are any results.
    @Ngugi: Thank you very much for your help
    @Abdülmecid: and you for repairing the vid, I'm still used to PhPBB script editors.

Sadly, there are no textures for the mine and the Vanilla textures for Culverins don't work, either. As I have no clue how to make the texture converter work or how to create cutsom texture files and I lack the time to learn it I'll leave this for now.

Well, you gave it a go! Perhaps the future will prove more fruitful, thanks to the foundation you've lain today

Additional Mercenary Minimod - more mercs; for TATW and DCI | Family Tree minimods - lore improvements | Remade Event Pictures - enhance cultures trough images |
    Patron of Mank, Kiliç Alì, FireFreak111, MIKEGOLF & Arachir Galudirithon, Earl of Memory

I hope so, and thank you very much for your support.

bitterhowl's Avatar Campidoctor

I asked about 2 years ago without result and want to try once again - I want to get permission for using some armour details of Uruk units in my work for Westeros TW. Is it possible? With proper credits and great gratitude!
    Last edited by Veteraan; May 17, 2018 at 04:56 AM.

My sister, do you still recall the blue Hasan and Khalkhin-Gol?
    Russian warship is winning. Proofs needed? Go find yourself!

Veteraan's Avatar TATW Local Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by bitterhowl View Post
    I asked about 2 years ago without result and want to try once again - I want to get permission for using some armour details of Uruk units in my work for Westeros TW. Is it possible? With proper credits and great gratitude!
    Assuming you are talking about using stuff from Third Age Total War, not one of its submods, you can find the permission policy in this POST.
    Last edited by Veteraan; May 17, 2018 at 05:00 AM.

Citizenised by Shankbot - Patron of b0Gia - House de Bodemloze

Withwnar's Avatar Script To The Waist

...which means "no", right? Because it is not for a TATW submod.

bitterhowl's Avatar Campidoctor

Pity, but at least thanks for the fast answer.

My sister, do you still recall the blue Hasan and Khalkhin-Gol?
    Russian warship is winning. Proofs needed? Go find yourself!

Veteraan's Avatar TATW Local Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by Withwnar View Post
    ...which means "no", right? Because it is not for a TATW submod.
    I can't think of another interpretation and haven't seen any from others, so yes, it means "No".

Quote Originally Posted by bitterhowl View Post
    Pity, but at least thanks for the fast answer.
    Your welcome.
    Last edited by Veteraan; May 17, 2018 at 08:48 AM.

Citizenised by Shankbot - Patron of b0Gia - House de Bodemloze

Nikiforos XMike's Avatar Tiro

Hi, sorry for asking this here and not to the Total War Mod Workshop but ithink you guys can help me more directly because of your experience on the matter.

I would like to asign a building or a tech tree to a specific civilization.

Is there a tutorial on how to do that?

I noticed that in several mods (like EOR for example) the Greek buildings style techtree is present.

Is there a way to asign them to a new mod?

Thanks in advance
    Last edited by Nikiforos XMike; May 27, 2018 at 10:16 AM.

Hello,

well, the file of concern is export_desxcription_buildings.txt, found in the mod's data-folder. Here's a tutorial on how to read that file (what is what): http://medieval2.heavengames.com/m2t...de/index.shtml

In essence it's quite simple, find the building(s) you're interested in and set what factions can build it, or what cultures can build it.
    Example when cultures are given (be aware that what's called "culture" ingame is not what we are talking about here, because that's actually religions renamed):
    Code:
            wooden_castle castle requires factions { gondor, northern_european, mesoamerican, middle_eastern, eastern_european, greek, southern_european, }
    Example when factions is given, which is more common in TATW:
    Code:
            small_church city requires factions { england, france, hre, portugal, spain, venice, }
    What is what (that england = Mordor, or greek = Elves) you can read at the top of expanded.txt in .../data/text

I noticed that in several mods (like EOR for excample) the Greek buildings style techtree is present.

Is there a way to asign them to a new mod?
    This makes me really uncertain what you're trying to do however.
    I must assume that you do not mean that you want to enable buildings that one faction has for another faction who has it not (considering almost all buildings are already shared, the only thing that differs are the visuals = cards and battle map model).
    If you want to add buildings from other mods that look like greek buildings (on the battle map), to your TATW, you have a huge work ahead. Would not recommend it if you do not have experience under your belt, from easier tasks first.

Quote Originally Posted by Ngugi View Post
    Hello,

well, the file of concern is export_desxcription_buildings.txt, found in the mod's data-folder. Here's a tutorial on how to read that file (what is what): http://medieval2.heavengames.com/m2t...de/index.shtml

In essence it's quite simple, find the building(s) you're interested in and set what factions can build it, or what cultures can build it.
    Example when cultures are given (be aware that what's called "culture" ingame is not what we are talking about here, because that's actually religions renamed):
    Code:
            wooden_castle castle requires factions { gondor, northern_european, mesoamerican, middle_eastern, eastern_european, greek, southern_european, }
    Example when factions is given, which is more common in TATW:
    Code:
            small_church city requires factions { england, france, hre, portugal, spain, venice, }
    What is what (that england = Mordor, or greek = Elves) you can read at the top of expanded.txt in .../data/text

This makes me really uncertain what you're trying to do however.
    I must assume that you do not mean that you want to enable buildings that one faction has for another faction who has it not (considering almost all buildings are already shared, the only thing that differs are the visuals = cards and battle map model).
    If you want to add buildings from other mods that look like greek buildings (on the battle map), to your TATW, you have a huge work ahead. Would not recommend it if you do not have experience under your belt, from easier tasks first.
    First of all Thanks for the reply

What i'm actually trying to do is assingn buildings on the battle map (i should've specified that)
    meaning taking actual buildings and city plans from EOR and assigning them to greek culture for example.

Or taking the Catholic south_european cathedral from vanilla and assigning it as Orthodox Cathedral

No problem!
    Ok, that's not an area I've dabbled with, but I suspect you'll have to work with IWTE (a free tool) to manage with that.
    Here's the tutorial section for it: http://www.twcenter.net/forums/forum...e-IWTE-Project

Best of luck!
    Last edited by Ngugi; May 27, 2018 at 12:53 PM.

Thanks

Hi,
    I'm trying to replace the DAC background artwork when selecting factions for the main campaign with the vanilla TATW artwork.
    Which file do I need to replace?

Thanks

Hello, I'm trying to start modding my own version of TATW and I would really like to make some new units and portraits. I would really appreciate if someone could give me a few rough directions where to start.

Welcome to TWC, Danger Close

The Mod Workshop is for you, check out the Tutorial-section: http://www.twcenter.net/forums/forum...r-Mod-Workshop
    Also, never underestimate the power of google to dig up the information you need on any given topic.
    Good luck

Thank you, I'll make sure to post some pictures of the work I do.

Hey there
    I’m sure this question got answered already - sorry for that.
    I want to import battlemaps from Reforged into DaC. I would love if anyone could point out a tutorial or give a explanaiton about this matter
    Thank you!