Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: Withwnar's Submod Collection v1.7 [3.2 compatible]

Withwnar's Avatar Script To The Waist

Default Re: Withwnar's Submod Collection v1.4.1 - updated to DCI v1.2 plus Vista/Win7 fix [3.2 compatible]

For Win7 the log might be somewhere like this: appdata/local/virtualstore/program files/SEGA/M2TW/logs

It looks like install.bat is successfully deleting keys.dat, even the first time when it failed to do the other things. That might be why you're not seeing it: the BAT file deletes it every time you run it.

Don't worry about keys.dat. It isn't the cause of your problems.

Default Re: Withwnar's Submod Collection v1.4.1 - updated to DCI v1.2 plus Vista/Win7 fix [3.2 compatible]

now i've deleted and reinstalled the game following the instructions circa 15 times and still it won't work. I also tried to download all the patches and mods several times, but it isn't the problem, before i didn't have a problem with the diplomacy button and the building settlement detail button in the vanilla version but now also those things are a problem after I began with this, your submod removes those problems, but the culture and the fact that the submod don't work as it should at my computer are still problems when I got your submod installed. Any ideas what this problems may be?

Did you find the log?

No, unfortunately not, which type of file should it be?

Ngugi's Avatar TATW & Albion Local Mod

It's an ordinary textdokument named system.log.txt and is found in .../Medieval II Total War/logs

And you had checked the virtualstore memory?

To me it kind of sounds like as a miss in step 4 in the installation but assume that's been tested already.

Kingdom of Lindon preview video out

DCI: Last Alliance
    - WIP Second Age mod | DCI: Tôl Acharn - mighty Dúnedain Counter Invasions |
    Additional Mercenary Minimod - more mercs; for TATW and DCI | Family Tree minimods - lore improvements | Remade Event Pictures - enhance cultures trough images |
    Favorite TATW compilation: Withwnars Submod Collection
    Patron of Mank, Kiliç Alì, FireFreak111, MIKEGOLF & Arachir Galudirithon, Earl of Memory

In "logs" under C:\Users\[UserName]\AppData\Local\VirtualStore\Program Files\SEGA\Medieval II Total War

See if there is a map.rwm somewhere in there too (not in "logs"; search for it) and if so, delete it and see if that fixes the Dwarven/Numenorian culture thing.

I tried to get this submod pack installed tonight and after a few tries, I thought I finally got it, but something is still not right. I think I did everything correctly, but I did a miss a few things at first and had to run through the process a few times so perhaps in doing so something got messed up there. Any help or assistance would be appreciated.

The problem I'm running into is that none of the scripts appear to be running. I can start and play the game, but when I do I get no message scrolls (ie about barracks events, submod options, etc) the game just... starts. Also rebels are not taking over the settlements they should at the start of the game (on turn 2 I moved a unit to Amon Sul and it was completely empty). These two things lead me to believe that the campaign scripts are not running.

Any ideas if there is possibly an easy way to fix or enable this? Or should I just try to install from scratch again and hope it works next time?

My Operating system: Windows Vista.
    My Third age installation: Vanilla 3.2 up until this point.

edit: also found this as last two entries in the M2TW log file, maybe this helps diagnose?
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

23:53:01.981 [game.script] [error] Script parsing error at line 13171, column 45 in mods/Third_Age_3/data/world/maps/campaign/imperial_campaign/campaign_script.txt
    Sound event PALANTIR_DIRECTION not found!
    23:53:01.981 [game.script] [error] Script parsing error at line 13176, column 1 in mods/Third_Age_3/data/world/maps/campaign/imperial_campaign/campaign_script.txt
    Couldn't create a script from file mods/Third_Age_3/data/world/maps/campaign/imperial_campaign/campaign_script.txt
    Last edited by brasswire; July 28, 2012 at 11:14 PM.

Khales's Avatar Ducenarius

I did also have this problem with a disabled campaign script. I figured out the my problem was that i started the game after i´ve installed the soundextractor (well, it´s explained in the soundextractor thread to run the game after soundextractor has been installed and map.rvm has been deleted).

So my install steps were then:

- extract the soundextractor into the Third Age 3 folder
    - run the bat file in the soundextractor folder
    - copy and paste the data and submods folders
    - run the install.bat in the submods folder
    - delete map.rvm
    - and only then start the game
    Last edited by Khales; July 29, 2012 at 02:20 AM.

Thanks very much. Sounds like that could be the problem since I know I was also very careful to start the game after installing SoundExtractor, but before installing the submods (since it seems like that's what the instructions are).

I'll try to install tomorrow in the order you suggested and see if it if fixes things.

edit: worked like a charm. thanks.
    Last edited by brasswire; July 29, 2012 at 01:45 PM.

Ah, I see the confusion. SoundExtractor says:

Once you have finished installing the submod start the campaign.
    "The submod" in this case is WSC. So yes, you should finish installing WSC before starting the campaign. If you start the campaign before installing WSC's files then a sound file will be missing in the rebuilt dat/idx files which will prevent the script from running.

The instructions are currently saying exactly the same thing as Khales' steps, just not as clearly. I will update them.

Getting a consistent game crash, not sure if it's from the main mod or a sub-mod. This collection are the only sub-mods I use so I figure post it here and see if anyone has an idea.

It's during a campaign as Eriador, fighting near Carn Dum around turn 35. The game seems to be crashing when an OoG reinforcing unit enters the battlefield. Though I did fight a battle with reinforcements a few turns earlier and the game did not crash.

Edit: Nevermind. Feel free to take a look or investigate if anyone is interested, but apparently it is a bug with the main mod and nothing to do with this sub-mod. There is a thread on the subject here:
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=544321

Here is the text from the log file.
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

22:39:24.905 [game.script] [error] Script execution error for <label_unit>, at line 51567, in mods/Third_Age_3/data/world/maps/campaign/imperial_campaign/campaign_script.txt:
    label_unit referenced non-existent unit
    22:39:24.905 [game.script] [error] Script execution error for <label_unit>, at line 51568, in mods/Third_Age_3/data/world/maps/campaign/imperial_campaign/campaign_script.txt:
    22:39:24.905 [game.script] [error] Script execution error for <label_unit>, at line 51569, in mods/Third_Age_3/data/world/maps/campaign/imperial_campaign/campaign_script.txt:
    22:39:24.905 [game.script] [error] Script execution error for <label_unit>, at line 51570, in mods/Third_Age_3/data/world/maps/campaign/imperial_campaign/campaign_script.txt:
    22:39:24.905 [game.script] [error] Script execution error for <label_unit>, at line 51571, in mods/Third_Age_3/data/world/maps/campaign/imperial_campaign/campaign_script.txt:
    22:39:24.906 [game.script] [error] Script execution error for <label_unit>, at line 51572, in mods/Third_Age_3/data/world/maps/campaign/imperial_campaign/campaign_script.txt:
    22:39:24.906 [game.script] [error] Script execution error for <label_unit>, at line 51573, in mods/Third_Age_3/data/world/maps/campaign/imperial_campaign/campaign_script.txt:
    22:39:24.906 [game.script] [error] Script execution error for <label_unit>, at line 51574, in mods/Third_Age_3/data/world/maps/campaign/imperial_campaign/campaign_script.txt:
    22:39:24.906 [game.script] [error] Script execution error for <label_unit>, at line 51575, in mods/Third_Age_3/data/world/maps/campaign/imperial_campaign/campaign_script.txt:
    22:39:24.906 [game.script] [error] Script execution error for <label_unit>, at line 51576, in mods/Third_Age_3/data/world/maps/campaign/imperial_campaign/campaign_script.txt:
    22:39:24.906 [game.script] [error] Script execution error for <label_unit>, at line 51577, in mods/Third_Age_3/data/world/maps/campaign/imperial_campaign/campaign_script.txt:
    22:39:24.906 [game.script] [error] Script execution error for <label_unit>, at line 51578, in mods/Third_Age_3/data/world/maps/campaign/imperial_campaign/campaign_script.txt:
    22:39:24.906 [game.script] [error] Script execution error for <label_unit>, at line 51579, in mods/Third_Age_3/data/world/maps/campaign/imperial_campaign/campaign_script.txt:
    22:39:24.906 [game.script] [error] Script execution error for <label_unit>, at line 51580, in mods/Third_Age_3/data/world/maps/campaign/imperial_campaign/campaign_script.txt:
    22:39:24.906 [game.script] [error] Script execution error for <label_unit>, at line 51581, in mods/Third_Age_3/data/world/maps/campaign/imperial_campaign/campaign_script.txt:
    22:39:24.906 [game.script] [error] Script execution error for <define_unit_group>, at line 51583, in mods/Third_Age_3/data/world/maps/campaign/imperial_campaign/campaign_script.txt:
    Error in battle script command 'define_unit_group': invalid unit label 'a4u6'.
    22:39:24.906 [game.script] [error] Script execution error for <define_unit_group>, at line 51583, in mods/Third_Age_3/data/world/maps/campaign/imperial_campaign/campaign_script.txt:
    Error in battle script command 'define_unit_group': invalid unit label 'a4u7'.
    22:39:24.907 [game.script] [error] Script execution error for <define_unit_group>, at line 51583, in mods/Third_Age_3/data/world/maps/campaign/imperial_campaign/campaign_script.txt:
    Error in battle script command 'define_unit_group': invalid unit label 'a4u8'.
    22:39:24.907 [game.script] [error] Script execution error for <define_unit_group>, at line 51583, in mods/Third_Age_3/data/world/maps/campaign/imperial_campaign/campaign_script.txt:
    Error in battle script command 'define_unit_group': invalid unit label 'a4u9'.
    Error in battle script command 'define_unit_group': invalid unit label 'a4u10'.
    Error in battle script command 'define_unit_group': invalid unit label 'a4u11'.
    Error in battle script command 'define_unit_group': invalid unit label 'a4u12'.
    Error in battle script command 'define_unit_group': invalid unit label 'a4u13'.
    Error in battle script command 'define_unit_group': invalid unit label 'a4u14'.
    Error in battle script command 'define_unit_group': invalid unit label 'a4u15'.
    Error in battle script command 'define_unit_group': invalid unit label 'a4u16'.
    Error in battle script command 'define_unit_group': invalid unit label 'a4u17'.
    Error in battle script command 'define_unit_group': invalid unit label 'a4u18'.
    Error in battle script command 'define_unit_group': invalid unit label 'a4u19'.
    Error in battle script command 'define_unit_group': invalid unit label 'a4u20'.
    22:39:24.907 [game.script] [error] Script execution error for <label_unit>, at line 51637, in mods/Third_Age_3/data/world/maps/campaign/imperial_campaign/campaign_script.txt:
    label_unit referenced non-existent army
    22:39:24.908 [game.script] [error] Script execution error for <define_unit_group>, at line 51638, in mods/Third_Age_3/data/world/maps/campaign/imperial_campaign/campaign_script.txt:
    Error in battle script command 'define_unit_group': invalid unit label 'a6u1'
    22:39:56.292 [system.rpt] [error] Medieval 2: Total War encountered an unspecified error and will now exit.
    Last edited by brasswire; August 04, 2012 at 10:07 PM.

p00pwater's Avatar Libertus

i have a small problem, all my generals have the trait that says that they can change their bodyguards, but when i hit SHIFT + C, nothing happens. any ideas?

p.s. everything else is great!

Maybe keys.dat was not deleted. Step 3 should have done it automatically. But then, other custom keys like Palantiri viewing wouldn't be working either.

Try manually deleting keys.dat first (see step 3 for the location). If no good then remap it to some other key - it could be that your PC is intercepting Shift+C for some other purpose.

palantir is also not working, but keys.day is deleted, so it shouldnt be that. how would i do the key remapping?

How about the Executioner? If not then it sounds like none of the custom keys work so remapping probably won't help. For the record mapping is done from the Options menu within the game (not within the campaign). Have a look: you'll find it. (Also, the threads of the submods that have custom keys tell you how to remap them.)

The mapping screen and hitting F1 in the campaign should show something like these...

Attachment 236476

Are you seeing those custom keys?
    Last edited by Withwnar; August 12, 2012 at 12:05 AM.

Now I tried again and found the log-file in the place where you referred to, the log was this:

12:20:44.004 [system.rpt] [always] CPU: SSE2
    12:20:44.005 [system.rpt] [always] ==== system log start, build date: Feb 25 2008 version development ===
    12:20:44.059 [system.io] [always] mounted pack packs/data_0.pack
    12:20:44.083 [system.io] [always] mounted pack packs/data_1.pack
    12:20:44.147 [system.io] [always] mounted pack packs/data_2.pack
    12:20:44.184 [system.io] [always] mounted pack packs/data_3.pack
    12:20:44.216 [system.io] [always] mounted pack packs/data_4.pack
    12:20:44.232 [system.io] [always] mounted pack packs/localized.pack
    12:21:17.526 [script.err] [error] Script Error in mods/Third_Age_3/data/export_descr_buildings.txt, at line 9329, column 3
    Building DB error - culture db max settlement level differs from building db max settlement level for faction milan (bdg large_city vs clt huge_city)
    12:21:17.526 [script.err] [error] Script Error in mods/Third_Age_3/data/export_descr_buildings.txt, at line 9329, column 3
    Building DB error - culture db max settlement level differs from building db max settlement level for faction scotland (bdg large_city vs clt huge_city)
    Building DB error - culture db max settlement level differs from building db max settlement level for faction moors (bdg large_city vs clt huge_city)
    Building DB error - culture db max settlement level differs from building db max settlement level for faction turks (bdg large_city vs clt huge_city)
    Building DB error - culture db max settlement level differs from building db max settlement level for faction egypt (bdg large_city vs clt huge_city)
    Building DB error - culture db max settlement level differs from building db max settlement level for faction mongols (bdg large_city vs clt huge_city)
    12:21:17.527 [script.err] [error] Script Error in mods/Third_Age_3/data/export_descr_buildings.txt, at line 9329, column 3
    Building DB error - culture db max settlement level differs from building db max settlement level for faction england (bdg large_city vs clt huge_city)
    12:21:17.527 [script.err] [error] Script Error in mods/Third_Age_3/data/export_descr_buildings.txt, at line 9329, column 3
    Building DB error - culture db max settlement level differs from building db max settlement level for faction france (bdg large_city vs clt huge_city)
    Building DB error - culture db max settlement level differs from building db max settlement level for faction hre (bdg large_city vs clt huge_city)
    Building DB error - culture db max settlement level differs from building db max settlement level for faction portugal (bdg large_city vs clt huge_city)
    Building DB error - culture db max settlement level differs from building db max settlement level for faction spain (bdg large_city vs clt huge_city)
    Building DB error - culture db max settlement level differs from building db max settlement level for faction venice (bdg large_city vs clt huge_city)
    Building DB error - culture db max settlement level differs from building db max settlement level for faction papal_states (bdg large_city vs clt huge_city)
    Building DB error - culture db max settlement level differs from building db max settlement level for faction byzantium (bdg large_city vs clt huge_city)
    Building DB error - culture db max settlement level differs from building db max settlement level for faction aztecs (bdg large_city vs clt huge_city)
    12:21:17.528 [script.err] [error] Script Error in mods/Third_Age_3/data/export_descr_buildings.txt, at line 9329, column 3
    Building DB error - culture db max settlement level differs from building db max settlement level for faction timurids (bdg large_city vs clt huge_city)
    12:21:17.528 [script.err] [error] Script Error in mods/Third_Age_3/data/export_descr_buildings.txt, at line 9329, column 3
    Building DB error - culture db max settlement level differs from building db max settlement level for faction normans (bdg large_city vs clt huge_city)
    Building DB error - culture db max settlement level differs from building db max settlement level for faction saxons (bdg large_city vs clt huge_city)
    Building DB error - culture db max settlement level differs from building db max settlement level for faction russia (bdg large_city vs clt huge_city)
    Building DB error - culture db max settlement level differs from building db max settlement level for faction poland (bdg large_city vs clt huge_city)
    Building DB error - culture db max settlement level differs from building db max settlement level for faction denmark (bdg large_city vs clt huge_city)
    Building DB error - culture db max settlement level differs from building db max settlement level for faction teutonic_order (bdg large_city vs clt huge_city)
    Building DB error - culture db max settlement level differs from building db max settlement level for faction ireland (bdg large_city vs clt huge_city)
    Building DB error - culture db max settlement level differs from building db max settlement level for faction norway (bdg large_city vs clt huge_city)
    12:21:17.529 [script.err] [error] Script Error in mods/Third_Age_3/data/export_descr_buildings.txt, at line 9329, column 3
    Building DB error - culture db max settlement level differs from building db max settlement level for faction hungary (bdg large_city vs clt huge_city)
    12:21:17.529 [script.err] [error] Script Error in mods/Third_Age_3/data/export_descr_buildings.txt, at line 9329, column 3
    Building DB error - culture db max settlement level differs from building db max settlement level for faction slave (bdg large_city vs clt huge_city)
    12:21:51.021 [game.script] [error] Script parsing error at line 13171, column 45 in mods/Third_Age_3/data/world/maps/campaign/imperial_campaign/campaign_script.txt
    12:21:51.021 [game.script] [error] Script parsing error at line 13176, column 1 in mods/Third_Age_3/data/world/maps/campaign/imperial_campaign/campaign_script.txt
    Couldn't create a script from file mods/Third_Age_3/data/world/maps/campaign/imperial_campaign/campaign_script.txt

I just used copy and paste but hope you can see what which is wrong.

There is the problem - the same as other people were having.

Follow the steps that Khales mentions above. Be sure to download the latest SoundExtractor if you do not yet have it: the new one written for Vista/Win.

yes, none of the custom keys show up when i go to remap

Are you sure that install.bat ran successfully? And are you sure that you're looking for keys.dat in the right place...
    {M2TW}\mods\Third_Age_3\Preferences
    NOT
    {M2TW}\Preferences

If it's definitively not in that first folder then see if it is under here...
    C:\Users\[UserName]\AppData\Local\VirtualStore\Program Files\SEGA\Medieval II Total War\mods\Third_Age_3\Preferences
    ...and delete it if it is.

Default Re: Withwnar's Submod Collection v1.5 [3.2 compatible] - updated 21 Aug

v1.5 released. Amongst other things it adds the Total Effect Points Info submod and Total Diplomacy's Osgiliath Ferry & Ally Invade.