Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: A Bunch of How-to's and other short guides

Lusted's Avatar Look to the stars

Default Re: A Bunch of How-to's and other short guides: Tech Help here!

Rome - Total War folder if you have 1.0 or 1.2, Rome - Total War\preferences folder if you have 1.3/1.5.
    Creator of:
    Lands to Conquer Gold for Medieval II: Kingdoms
    Terrae Expugnandae Gold Open Beta for RTW 1.5
    Proud ex-Moderator and ex-Administrator of TWC from Jan 06 to June 07
    Awarded the Rank of Opifex for outstanding contributions to the TW mod community.
    Awarded the Rank of Divus for oustanding work during my times as Administrator.

Shadows's Avatar Lurking unseen...........

hm.. should have known. And I forgot that I've got BI installed, the pref foldier is inside the BI folder instead of just in the RTW folder. dang. Thanks, Lusted.
    IN PATROCINUVM SVB Virgil (aka 1hHoplite) (1hHoplite's Chaos of Battle Picture Thread)
    Brother to the chivalrous lord, The White Knight, the Evil Einstein of the East, darkragnar and mi nuevo hermano, Ramon Gonzales y Garcia.
    Winner of the Second General Trivia Competition

Hey all,
    I figured this would be a good place for this so others down the road can easily find it as well.

Noob Q: Where do I change the price of watch towers and forts? :hmmm:

I can't find it for the life of me.

TYIA

EDIT: Nevermind. I found this thread on my second search: http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...atchtower+cost

Thanks anyway!
    Last edited by Francisco Montana; November 12, 2006 at 01:50 PM.
    Faithfully under the patronage of the fallen yet rather amiable Octavian.

Smile! The better the energy you put in, the better the energy you will get out.

★Bandiera Rossa☭'s Avatar The Red Menace

Does battle editor work for barbarian invasion.

Zivica's Avatar Miles

Can I use movie cam with patch 1.5?

For any one who is 2 lazy to do the all factions them selfs then this attachment is for you just place in you world/maps/campaign/imperial_Campaign folder located in you rtw folder

this script file lets you have am ( after marius ) just one turn after the start of your campaign also the citys are huge in some parts but anyway enjoy the slaves/rebels are the hardest supprisingly lol.

Giaus Marius's Avatar Libertus

anybody know how to make the slaves/rebels a custom battle faction? i was playing online and i saw it as a faction, but i am not sure how to do it

anybody know how to make the slaves/rebels a custom battle faction? i was playing online and i saw it as a faction, but i am not sure how to do it
    In descr_sm_factions in the relevant data folder in slave section change
    custom_battle_availability no
    to yes....

If when you try and play them you don't have access to the units you want (or too many of them) you'll need to change entries in export_descr_unit
    in attributes line 'no_custom' stops unit appearing in custom battle selection, though note that if unit has shared ownership that will stop all factions using it in custom battle.

Oh and remember to make back up copy of files before you alter them. And welcome to the forum.

Giaus Marius's Avatar Libertus

thx, another q, i saw a way to make a custom faction, but it is lost in the depths of the forums, can anyone give me a hand on how to do it?

Giaus I'm not quite sure what you mean, if you mean customising an existing faction this thread may help:
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=87978

P.S. I know this thread title says Tech Help... but you'll probably get more responses posting new queries as threads in Rome Workshop main section - its where people tend to look to answer questions. If you know your question relates to skins etc. or text editing & scripting you can post in one of those sub forums - if you're not sure just use main section (where it says Normal Threads) a moderator can always move thread from there if necessary.

I GET SHOW ERR WORK AFTER WEEKS OF DAMN WORK!!!!!
    but now it says that it cant find th .cas files of the units like:cannt find gaul:swordsmen.cas
    any help?
    Last edited by Turk; March 23, 2007 at 09:39 AM.

Busy!!!

Just a question... How do I point out in the Battle Editor, which units the reinforcement army will have, and where they start...?

Nice, it helped for the battle editor. Only thing I hadn't figured out yet. Thanks!
    I thought about writing something clever, but then I remembered I'm not clever enough.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadows View Post
    I hate sounding like a noob, but where is the preferences.txt file? I can't seem to find it, I used to know where it was, but I've been away from Rome for quite some time now.
    Thanks.
    I have a similar problem. I have a preferences folder, but it's empty.
    I thought about writing something clever, but then I remembered I'm not clever enough.

DaVinci's Avatar TW Modder 2005-2016
    Patrician Artifex

The plastic poisoned and d(r)ying surface of planet Earth in before Armageddon

Ingame errors: Sometimes when playing ingame, usually campaign mode, you will encounter a CTD that randomly happens. Now of course, this isnt really a problem of bug with the game, it is just a random CTD that you cant do anything about. Please remember that! Other times though, you wil find yourself getting a CTD every time you perform a certain action, or after a certain thing happens. An example would be getting a CTD every time you press the End Turn button in the year 238BC. Things like this are small bugs that cant be fixed, so you will have to deal with them. To work around these type of bugs in the campaign, you need to move around your units and agents, etc before pressing the end tun button. What I mean is: If you are getting something like "a CTD every time you press the End Turn button in the year 238BC", then reload your game, and instead of just ending the turn and hoping it works, move your units, agents, generals, armies, whatever youi have to different places. Now dont move them away from an objective of yours or anything, just move them to different locations. like moving an army from one town to another or a spy from an enemy town to the hills nearby; small movements really. This usually is the only way to get arond these kind of bugs.
    Hey Hader, is this serious?
    You mean the RTW-autosave-bug or what is the background?
    #Anthropocene #not just Global Warming but Global Disaster, NASA #Deforestation #Plastic Emission #The Blob #Uninhabitable Earth #Savest Place On Earth #AMOC #ICAN #MIT study "Falsehoods Win" #Engineers of Chaos
    #"there can be no doubt about it: the enemy stands on the Right!" 1922, by Joseph Wirth.
    Rightwingers, like in the past the epitome of incompetence, except for evilness where they own the mastership.
    Iirc., already 2013 i spoke of "Renaissance of Fascism", it was accurate.
    #"Humanity is in ‘final exam’ as to whether or not it qualifies for continuance in universe." Buckminster Fuller
    Any chance for this exam? Very low, the established Anthropocentrism destroys the basis of existence.
    #My Modding #The Witcher 3: Lore Friendly Tweaks (LFT)
    #End, A diary of the Third World War (A.-A. Guha, 1983) - now, it started on 24th February 2022.

Default change color red start-movie background

Hi I think I have read it somewhere, but I cant find it anymore, some mods I think use it:
    How do I change the color of that red background battle movie behind the start menue?
    I think I can remember mods that change that color from red to purple, blue..., and back.

It's a background movie, called Dump0000.m1v, it's in the data/menu folder.

Thank you Aradan .
    Hmm, so I searched in the wrong direction, I thought its possible to change the color by a text-file...
    Ok then it needs video editing.

ok this is driving me insane.
    im new to modding i can do some simple stuff and im trying to find out how to add a new faction to bi. i already have the faction and all of its units from a different mod and its for bi.
    if anyone can help pm me or email me @ k.holiday@gmail.com or direct me to a different thread

thanks,
    holday boy

You cannot add a new faction, you can only replace an existing one, as all faction slots are taken already.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast