Page 68 of 82 FirstFirst ... 1843585960616263646566676869707172737475767778 ... LastLast
Results 1,341 to 1,360 of 1633

Thread: Suggestions

Ngugi's Avatar TATW & Albion Local Mod

Default Re: Suggestions

Quote Originally Posted by Cybernaut View Post
    How about one more buildable thing that gives you money in one way or another (like mine or like something that increases tradeable goods): Pipeweed plantation. The best places in Middle Earth for pipeweed would be Southfarthing, Bree and some areas of Gondor but others could sow them too.

Since I saw a dwarf fan here, I suddenly got an idea: maybe you should make Iron Hills dwarves independent from Blue Mountains dwarves and give them a possibility to convert into Melkor followers under certain circumstances. If I have understood Tolkien Legendarium correct, dwarven factions that live near enemy realms have had great pressure to start following Sauron and some clans have succumbed. I am not sure if any of the Durins Folk are among those who have turned to follow Sauron though...

Would not go hand in hand with lore (which I can only say is in their honour hehe)
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

But are not evil by nature, and few ever served the Enemy of free will, whatever the tales of Men alleged.
    - Appendix F

'Heavy have the hearts of our chieftains been since that night. We needed not the fell voice of the messenger to warn us that his words held both menace and deceit; for we knew already that the power that has re-entered Mordor has not changed, and ever it betrayed us of old.'
    - the Dwarves is very aware what and who they are dealing with, words of Glóin, FotR; The Council of Elrond

'I grieved at the fall of Thorin,' said Gandalf; 'and now we hear that Dáin has fallen, fighting in Dale again, even while we fought here. I should call that a heavy loss, if it was not a wonder rather that in his great age he could still wield his axe as mightily as they say that he did, standing over the body of King Brand before the Gate of Erebor until the darkness fell.'
    - their king would not bow to Sauron and then the folk would not since that how Dwarves are, Appendix A

Therefore they are stone-hard, stubborn, fast in friendship and in enmity, and they suffer toil and hanger and hurt of body more hardily than all other speaking peoples;
    - Silmarillion

And if a king is killed they will go medieval on their enemies Like when the Orc Azog of Moria killed king Thrór (Oakenshield's grandfather) and his son was told:

...and when he had wept and torn his beard he fell silent. Seven days he sat and said no word. Then he stood up and said: 'This cannot be borne!' That was the beginning of the War of the Dwarves and the Orcs, which was long and deadly, and fought for the most part in deep places beneath the earth.
    - Appendix A

Following three concern the Dwarves of Dúrin's House, who as far as we know also ruled over the two other western Houses at this time, and their history as foes of the Dark in general (#1) and Sauron during different wars (#2 Last Alliance #3 War of the Elves and Sauron):

Nevertheless since both peoples [Noldor and dwarves] feared and hated Morgoth they made alliance, and had of it great profit;
    - Silmarillion

Of the Dwarves few fought upon either side; but the kindred of Durin of Moria fought against Sauron.
    - Of the Rings of Power and the Third Age

Elrond had gathered such a few of the Elves of Eregion as had escaped, but he had no force to withstand the onset. He would indeed have been overwhelmed had not Sauron host been attacked in the rear; for Durin sent out a force of Dwarves from Khazad-dûm, and with them came Elves of Lórinand led by Amroth. Elrond was able to extricate himself, but he was forced away northwards, and it was at that time [in the year 1697, according to the Tale of Years] that he established a refuge and stronghold at Imladris (Rivendell). Sauron withdrew the pursuit of Elrond and turned upon the Dwarves and the Elves of Lórinand, whom he drove back; but the Gates of Moria were shut, and he could not enter. Ever afterwards Moria had Sauron's hate, and all Orcs were commanded to harry Dwarves whenever they might.
    - UT
    Last edited by Ngugi; November 29, 2012 at 08:12 PM.

Kingdom of Lindon preview video out

DCI: Last Alliance
    - WIP Second Age mod | DCI: Tôl Acharn - mighty Dúnedain Counter Invasions |
    Additional Mercenary Minimod - more mercs; for TATW and DCI | Family Tree minimods - lore improvements | Remade Event Pictures - enhance cultures trough images |
    Favorite TATW compilation: Withwnars Submod Collection
    Patron of Mank, Kiliç Alì, FireFreak111, MIKEGOLF & Arachir Galudirithon, Earl of Memory

Gondolin's Avatar Tiro

New textures for Silvan Elves.
    Dol Amroth as a new faction.
    Keep working on this wonderful game

Add generic Elven settlements for all settlement levels

I think it would be grand if the fellowship were just their single units, except with the stats juiced up so they can really be like the novels and films. Also, I'd like the Balrog to be flaming, and the black gate to be more... black.

Quote Originally Posted by Nekolas View Post
    I think it would be grand if the fellowship were just their single units, except with the stats juiced up so they can really be like the novels and films. Also, I'd like the Balrog to be flaming, and the black gate to be more... black.
    While these are merely cosmetic suggestions, I'd have to agree. Perhaps slower animations for Ents, if possible.

Also, it would be nice if the Troll animations/models were polished. They're a bit skinny at the waist and move a bit funny.

More importantly, I think the Mumakil models need to be changed. LOTR:TW for RTW has excellent looking Mumakil models that look like they're straight out of the films. The ones in Third Age look a bit too fat in certain areas.

This is all nitpicking but I think these are areas that can be improved.
    The whole modern world has divided itself into Conservatives and Progressives. The business of Progressives is to go on making mistakes. The business of the Conservatives is to prevent the mistakes from being corrected. - G.K. CHESTERTON

Remove the Balrog's wings?

Make Sauron behave like a troll (heavy infantry), instead of heavy cavalry. he hops around like a frog and it's absurd given his size.

Rather than making all the ringwraiths into elite generals with heavy bodyguards, why not make a couple into super-spies and assassins? A spy and assassin with full stats, a good movement range, and high line of sight (hell, a 'fell beast' ancillary that gave massive line of sight and troopmorale) would be extremely useful for Mordor.

Also, powerful units for OoG and OotMM. No faction has peasants except for these two, where their units are almost all peasants. If wargs had a less absurd model and running motion they could make fantastic cavalry javelineers, horse archers, etc. You could also give them some more powerful bows or an elite melee unit or goblin pikes or whatever.

/\ I second the ringwraith stuff

A few other things: werewolves aren't exactly absent from the lore, and they'd make a great misty mountains shock troop.

Beornings would be fantastic if they were just bears. Really.

leo.civil.uefs's Avatar É nóis que vôa bruxão!

Quote Originally Posted by Cheimon View Post
    Beornings would be fantastic if they were just bears. Really.

Agreed. We do have proper animations for bears (see call of warhammer), they could appear like normal soldiers in the strat map and then bears on the battle map, that would fit the shapeshifting. Actually, this is a total must be in the mod, we do have spiders and camels, but not werebears?

Here's an idea regarding watchtowers.

Nowdays you have like these awesome additions to the campaign map , things like the Argonath, that just don't seem to do anything beyond campaign map visuals. Now given the magnitude of something as awesome as the Argonath, I wish it had other uses in the game.

My question is, could it be possible to implement some sort of a watchtower system, which by controlling certain watchtowers would give you other bonuses as well?
    Like an all-round empire culture bonus if you were controlling a watchtower on top of Argonath or something. The Argonath is just an example and it could apply for other things as well. Also seeing how rebels and some enemy armies tend to go for these watchtowers it would also be something of a challenge to hold them rather than just a free bonus.

Now I guess this is more of a question to whether this is possible or not. But if it were possible, it'd be a pretty awesome addition to the game in my opinion.

Increase the upkeep cost for Hasard units, like 0.10 or 0.20 per unit .
    Edit Boromir flat face please or just put him a helmet on that ugly face !
    Fix AI terrible performance when is defending a break of a siege atempt by human player,specialy on the maps of Osgiliath and Cair Andros.
    Reomve the AI capacity of knowing where is hidden HP forces .

Aragorn has a weird flat face too

Quote Originally Posted by Sir Arun View Post
    However, the heroes in the movies are definitely Good guys who have a hatred towards evil....Aragorn himself chopped Sauron's Mouth's head clean off its shoulders, or look what Eomer and his riders did to the Uruks in the movie....so it is obvious that the good guys would execute orc prisoners.
    That's actually untrue. In the books (upon which everything except the graphics of TATW is based) the Mouth, when feeling threatened, insists he has diplomatic immunity, and Gandalf assures him that he would never be harmed while acting as a diplomat.

As far as Eomer's treatment of the Uruk-hai, there's no evidence that any of them surrendered, so I don't think their behavior tells us anything about Rohan's treatment of prisoners.

Finally, Tolkien specifically wrote that the Elves would never kill orcish prisoners whom they captured.

So there's actually a pretty good defense for good generals getting negative traits from executing prisoners. Though that doesn't stop me from doing it ingame .

this one out of the hobbit thread:
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

cries for a unit kind of imladris-wardens or sth.
    the two statues and inbetween on the stairs, the two warriors.

FC Groningen's Avatar Senator

If I would change 1 "major" thing about the game, I would suggest to change the main culture of Eriador into Dunedain. No culture and unit issues after reforming and lore wise, I think it wouldn't make too much sense to change into a new culture/state if the population doesn't want it and didn't actively prepare for it. Also, the Dunedain units require a culture that doesn't really make sense either. Eriador could start with "very low" Dunedain culture the moment the campaign starts to fit the lore. To make, it would make more sense to turn into a Dunedain state the moment it's the dominant culture unlike the other way around.

Gameplay wise, it would make the blow of turning into Arnor much less. You'd still have to face the issues of units that can't receive free upkeep anymore anyway. I also think that the requirements that need to be met to turn into Arnor are challenging enough already.

cenkiss's Avatar Domesticus

Default Voice acting in this mod

Despite being the greatest work here, this mod is very weak on voices. It uses mainly the same voices from mtw2 and some rips from bfme series. Don't you think it will be much better to have authentic voices for different factions . I was playing call of warhammer and it sounds better to hear some dwarf saying 'taste dwarf steel' instead of aye,my lord all the time. Or vampires and orcs talking in their slang.

Same can be done here. Elves talking about themselves in elven voices(ripped from movies,games or a completely newly made) instead of english from mtw2. . Men talking about gondor,rohan or men of the west. Isengard mentioning saruman.
    I don't know. Maybe you already work on this.But i think this way will be much better for campaigns and authentication.

Orcish diplomats sounding like a slick archaic vampire and Dwarves saying 'For Scotland!'

I would also love to see new voices in the mod. Or hear, rather.

Edit: I do notice some of the voices were done for battles Eg. when you select a unit they sound off with their type, but not all of them, if they could all have their own sound-offs fitting with their units and cultures that'd be awesome (in RTW, I remember never getting tired of selecting the Bastarnae during the deployment screen so I do think it adds to the experience)
    Last edited by deusvult6; December 19, 2012 at 08:18 PM.
    What's life like if you don't take a chance now and then? ~ Matrim Cauthon

chriskourou's Avatar Semisalis

Yeah this "Scotland" thing has to be changed.. but can it? I think the diplomats hans't be touched for the mod.

Gondolin's Avatar Tiro

I have an idea concerning High Elves.
    Their kingdom is divided into two distant part, when you lose Imladristhe counter attack can be time consuming.
    What I suggested is to created a script that make appear an army lead by Arwen which appear near Imladris. This script would run only one per campaign for obvious reason.

We already have a satisfying skin for Arwen (the she-elves in Quendi unit look like hear, we juste have to give her a horse). Her army will be composed with Imladris rider (those with bows) and some Quendi.
    What do you think of such a thing ?

Uh, no. -Goes off on a rant about how Arwen is a female and can't/shouldn't lead armies and how it breaks lore-

Glorfindel though...maybe...
    Last edited by Zimmy; December 20, 2012 at 06:28 PM. Reason: REASONS