Page 8 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 LastLast

Thread: Release: Hammer & Anvil: Coming Soon

Obi Wan Asterix's Avatar IN MEDIO STAT VIRTUS
    Somewhere in a lost valley in the Italian Alps

Default Re: Release: Hammer & Anvil: Coming Soon

Quote Originally Posted by Meneth View Post
    I'm not at liberty to divulge that information
    Shall we deprive you of your other liberties so that you get lateral enabling of your freedoms to divulge?
    All are welcome to relax at Asterix's Campagnian Villa with its Vineyard and Scotchbarrel
    Prefer to stay at home? Try Asterix's Megamamoth FM2010 Update
    Progeny of the retired Great Acutulus (If you know who he is you have been at TWC too long) and wooer of fine wombs to spawn 21 curial whining snotslingers and be an absentee daddy to them

Longest Serving Staff Member of TWC under 3 Imperators** 1st Speaker of the House ** Original RTR Team Member (until 3.2) ** Knight of Saint John ** RNJ, Successors, & Punic Total War Team Member

TROM 3 Team - Founder of Ken no Jikan **** Back with a modding vengeance! Yes I will again promise to take on the work of 5 mods and dissapear!

juvenus's Avatar Campidoctor

as long as it takes gents....we'll be w8ing!

The excited one's Avatar Senator

happy new year (and even though its 2 weeks late) and i m eager for the awesome release of this mod which makes CA completely ashamed itself on why they make games such as m2tw as well as rtw (original ones are crap without mods)
    war is peace, ignorance is strength, freedom is slavery......
    (george orwell 1984)

postm00v's Avatar Tiro

I disagree. I really liked RTW, and I still do. CA is a company, and companies need to make a profit. Modders do this stuff all in their free time, meaning they have all the time in the world without the stress of a deadline. I agree that MTWII wasn't that great though, but still was a good game.

Compare RTW or MTWII to games as Homefront or Dead Island, which were incredibly overhyped and a total letdown. I think you need to cut CA some slack.

Diodredai's Avatar Tiro
    Budapest, Hungary formerly Melbourne Australia

Quote Originally Posted by postm00v View Post
    I disagree. I really liked RTW, and I still do. CA is a company, and companies need to make a profit. Modders do this stuff all in their free time, meaning they have all the time in the world without the stress of a deadline. I agree that MTWII wasn't that great though, but still was a good game.

Compare RTW or MTWII to games as Homefront or Dead Island, which were incredibly overhyped and a total letdown. I think you need to cut CA some slack.
    I think the honorable gentleman in question, The Excited one (Pray he doesn't get too excited about the mod release, for that could result in Meneth chopping his head off with a Zweihandler) is referring to the fact that historically they were inaccurate which was sometimes unbearable. Going to such historically accurate mods such as Europa Barbarorum (Seeing your signature fellow EB fan brother I assume I shall not have to explain the contents of the mod) and then back to vanilla RTW was unbearable to me at least. (For example, in vanilla RTW [I played countless hours with the game so you won't get the argument from me that it was a 'bad' game, infact to this day I love playing RTW, but with EB ofc] the Egyptian faction isn't the Ptolemaic mix of Hellenism and Egyptian warfare, but infact the inaccurate, traditional Egyptian war machine, before the Persians conquered them which means at least 400 years earlier than the RTW timeline..

I won't debate the fact that they are good games in terms of gameplay, and gave us the platform on which we could have the greatest mods since the dawn of the computer age (such as EB, and hopefully SOON!!!!!!!! DoTS) but historically speaking..... I refuse to play another minute of MTW2 after I unlocked several factions such as the Hungarian kingdom (Yes I'll always bring up my own nation as an example that's how big a nationalist I am) having the NINJA battlefield assasins?!?!?! [What kind of crack cocaine where the Creative Assembly smoking when they came up with THAT] not to mention the errors on the geographic map, the units being ahistoric, and I could go on and on and on rabble rabble rabble all day long about the issues but let's face it: If we wouldn't have RTW or MTW2 we wouldn't have great mods.

However the recent developments in rushing the release of games such as Empire total war (Which even to this day is still in a unfinished and nearly unplayable state) and Napoleon Total war (that was nothing more than an expansion pack, priced full game) has impacted the Creative Assembly, [not to mention the fact that to this day they cannot be modded normally WTF CA??!!?!?] which is why they decided that with Shogun 2 Total war they were going to do research a bit more, which in turn created the best Total war game to date in my opinion, finally fixing the A.I, making it challenging however unfortunately it isn't moddable. Historically speaking, I was actually impressed the figures, the clans everything fit their period, now only if we could have the traditional building browser back from MTW2, and Rome Total War 2 might be the best RTS game period.

Creator of the Unoffical DotS FAQ thread
    "Sagittis hungarorum libera nos Domine" (translation: "Lord save us from the arrows of the Hungarians")
    Creator of the Share your musical heritage! thread in the DotS forums

Quote Originally Posted by Diodredai View Post
    I think the honorable gentleman in question, The Excited one (Pray he doesn't get too excited about the mod release, for that could result in Meneth chopping his head off with a Zweihandler) is referring to the fact that historically they were inaccurate which was sometimes unbearable.
    dude i m way to excited for the dots release so excited that i had to do the excel sheet all by myself and i only done 400rows out of 1180 rows so its like 780 left........ so better get going!
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=478980

and for Meneth... he give me a warning for spamming since i was so excited and no he doesn't chop my head off since he don't know where i live
    (george orwell 1984)

Quote Originally Posted by The excited one View Post

and for Meneth... he give me a warning for spamming since i was so excited and no he doesn't chop my head off since he don't know where i live
    So you hope.

When will there be ? I can't wait...

Diodredai's Avatar Tiro

dude i m way to excited for the dots release so excited that i had to do the excel sheet all by myself and i only done 400rows out of 1180 rows so its like 780 left........ so better get going!
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=478980
    Aren't we all. to cite Gandalf: A mod is never late: it releases precisely when it means to.
    Cheers to that, let's continue, I'm doing to do at least 10 rows today.

"Sagittis hungarorum libera nos Domine" (translation: "Lord save us from the arrows of the Hungarians")

Aren't we all. to cite Gandalf: A mod is never late: it releases precisely when it means to.
    Cheers to that, let's continue, I'm doing to do at least 10 rows today.
    what ten lousy rows only i done at least 100 rows at this moment of time im typing try harder since i spend 3 hours per day to do it
    (george orwell 1984)

Articos's Avatar Laetus

I've been following DotS for some months now and I have to say that it is the only mod I have ever followed so closely. That being said, I finally registered and this will be my first post.

I just wanted to state that in my opinion RTW is definitely the high water mark of all the total wars I've played regardless of historical inaccuracies. The mods created here make it endlessly playable. I also believe that the series has declined ever since Rome Total War and I think this is because Creative Assembly was bought out by SEGA right before Barbarian Invasion was created. Sure, they may still be slapping on the CA label but that does not mean it is the same team that created RTW. As with any business take over, some people are kept and some are fired and replaced so in essence, CA is no longer what it used to be. Which leads me to think that SEGA is to blame for the series decline. Regardless, not to say games like M2TW or S2TW are bad, don't get me wrong. They're still fantastic games but I would still credit most of that to the original design of RTW and the original CA.

But it's this site and all you modders out there that have saved and transformed this series into something truly amazing. I just want to say thank you and I very much look forward to DotS. Ready yourselves for the battles to come!

Walkman810i's Avatar Biarchus

Couldnt agree more Articos. Welcome to the forum btw

Diodredai's Avatar Tiro

what ten lousy rows only i done at least 100 rows at this moment of time im typing try harder since i spend 3 hours per day to do it
    My dear friend I mean I created ten rows. Meaning: adding a name, researching the definition, adding dates exct not filling in what's already there. Check out my work it's from: 1138 to 1148 (begins with Kálti Márk).

My dear friend I mean I created ten rows. Meaning: adding a name, researching the definition, adding dates exct not filling in what's already there. Check out my work it's from: 1138 to 1148 (begins with Kálti Márk).
    ok so long you don't leave gaps for me to fill in since i got LOTS of gaps to fill like 500 rows more but nice job making this mod even more interesting
    (george orwell 1984)

Diodredai's Avatar Tiro

ok so long you don't leave gaps for me to fill in since i got LOTS of gaps to fill like 500 rows more but nice job making this mod even more interesting
    No, I've filled them all, I'd doubt you'd be able as unfortunately Wikipedia in english has barely anything on these people/items/exct I fill them up fully, dates, researched material, where they should appear, suggestions to coders, and pictures. I've done 26 up until now, I think I'll add another 5-10 rows. You can check'em out: just search Kálti Márk and the next 20 or so entries were made by me.

I fill up gaps aswell, btw most of the stuff is filled in, only the English reference name is left out, because the English reference name is the native name in many cases. Also many things are misspelled, or have the wrong title, but a little more research and you can fill'em in .

No, I've filled them all, I'd doubt you'd be able as unfortunately Wikipedia
    err what do you mean about what i had done to the gaps?

I fill up gaps aswell, btw most of the stuff is filled in, only the English reference name is left out, because the English reference name is the native name in many cases. Also many things are misspelled, or have the wrong title, but a little more research and you can fill'em in .
    i notice you had fill the gaps like 100 rows+ not sure did Hross and the others notice it?
    (george orwell 1984)

cant wait....

coming soon.. o yes f cours.. lazyes PP

Finally decided to register with the forum.

Just wanted to drop by to say keep up the good work.
    I have probably learned more about medieval history from this mod than any of my history classes in school