Page 1 of 8 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Ken No Jikan

Obi Wan Asterix's Avatar IN MEDIO STAT VIRTUS
    Somewhere in a lost valley in the Italian Alps

Default Ken No Jikan

Ken No Jikan -- The Time of the Sword

Taiyō ga nobotte settei - The sun rises and sets

I will be leading a project to remove all of CA's fantasy disney-like features, render a historically acurate Europa Barbarorum inspired mod which reflects the society, politics and family relations and social standing as much as much as enhancing the historically unique and fascinating era of the war itself.

The Sengoku Period saw a direct conflict between the traditional ways of elitaistic warriors clans, and the rise of the armed commoner who eventually unseated the hereditary families, this mod will reflect this divide from its essence, to bring you an Experience of Sengoku Jidai Japan previously unforeseen.
    Buddism, religion, and its highly influential role during this period will be modelled accurately with the presence of the Pure Land Sect, the independent temples, and the imperial family.

My first goals for version .01

- All factions playable with own unit trees and historical descriptions
    - Removal of unrealistic, unhistorical features
    - Establishment of a 2 tier unit track

Off course I will also be finishing my responsibilities to the Ran No Jidai team

I need a creative, ready and eager skinner/modeller ASAP - if interested please PM me

This thread is also a request for a mod forum
    Last edited by Obi Wan Asterix; February 21, 2011 at 03:29 AM.
    All are welcome to relax at Asterix's Campagnian Villa with its Vineyard and Scotchbarrel
    Prefer to stay at home? Try Asterix's Megamamoth FM2010 Update
    Progeny of the retired Great Acutulus (If you know who he is you have been at TWC too long) and wooer of fine wombs to spawn 21 curial whining snotslingers and be an absentee daddy to them

Longest Serving Staff Member of TWC under 3 Imperators** 1st Speaker of the House ** Original RTR Team Member (until 3.2) ** Knight of Saint John ** RNJ, Successors, & Punic Total War Team Member

TROM 3 Team - Founder of Ken no Jikan **** Back with a modding vengeance! Yes I will again promise to take on the work of 5 mods and dissapear!

Kinjo's Avatar Taiko

Default Re: NEW MOD: Ken No Jikan

Well good luck with your project, hopefully modders will be able to achieve more with this engine then what was done for ETW/NTW.

Quote Originally Posted by Kinjo View Post
    Well good luck with your project, hopefully modders will be able to achieve more with this engine then what was done for ETW/NTW.
    Thanks Kinjo! Looking forward to your input across your fearsome mempo

When there is a will there is a way!
    All are welcome to relax at Asterix's Campagnian Villa with its Vineyard and Scotchbarrel
    Progeny of the retired Great Acutulus (If you know who he is you have been at TWC too long) and wooer of fine wombs to spawn 21 curial whining snotslingers and be an absentee daddy to them

Longest Serving Staff Member of TWC under 3 Imperators** 1st Speaker of the House ** Original RTR Team Member (until 3.2) ** Knight of Saint John ** RNJ, Successors, & Punic Total War Team Member

TROM 3 Team - Founder of Ken no Jikan **** Back with a modding vengeance! Yes I will again promise to take on the work of 5 mods and dissapear!

Erwin Rommel's Avatar EYE-PATCH FETISH

And what/whose kami will you invoke or adopt as a patron for your project's fate?

(Its clickable by the way....An S2 overhaul mod.)

Seriously. Click it. Its the only overhaul mod that's overhauling enough to bring out NEW clans
    Masaie. Retainer of Akaie|AntonIII

Quote Originally Posted by Erwin Rommel View Post
    And what/whose kami will you invoke or adopt as a patron for your project's fate?
    I seek the natural wisdom of Fujin and the orchestration of Amaterasu-Ō-Mi-Kami

Wundai's Avatar Artifex

Quote Originally Posted by Obi Wan Asterix View Post
    Off course I will also be finishing my responsibilities to the Ran No Jidai team
    In how many years?

Seriously though, good luck with your mod

Now let me get the stupid question out of the way, for which game is this?

Crazyeyesreaper's Avatar Primicerius
    Citizen

lol id help but im working on a HL2 project right now for the Norse Mod team so i cant be of any use kinda sucks, really like Sengoku Jidai period.
    CPU: i7 3770K 4.6GHz / i7 4930K 4.4 GHz / i7 4770K 4.6 GHz
    CPU HSF: Thermaltake Water 2.0 Pro / Review Samples / Review Samples
    MOBO: Biostar TZ77XE4 / ASRock X79 Fatal1ty Champion / MSI Z87 GD65 Gaming
    RAM: Mushkin Redlines 2x4GB 1866 MHz / 4x4GB Gskill 2133 MHz / 2x4GB Kingston 2400 MHz
    GPU: Integrated / GTX 780 / HD 5450 Passive
    PSU: Thermaltake Toughpower Grand 1050w 80+ GOLD / NZXT Hale82 650w Modular / same
    CASE: Nanoxia DS1 / Nanoxia DS1 / Lian Li Test Bench
    HDD: 160 HDD / 512GB SSD + 120GB SSD + 5.5TB HDD / 60gb SSD

Nostra's Avatar Laetus

My first post on these forums, though a long time lurker I just had to make an account and say that this is exactly what I was hoping for when I saw there already were Shogun 2 forums up, hehe.

Quote Originally Posted by Wundai View Post
    In how many years?

Seriously though, good luck with your mod

Now let me get the stupid question out of the way, for which game is this?
    Shogun 2 my dear Wundai! Are you in old man?

Quote Originally Posted by Lurkie
    My first post on these forums, though a long time lurker I just had to make an account and say that this is exactly what I was hoping for when I saw there already were Shogun 2 forums up, hehe

TWC has to be joined not lurked! Welcome!

Quote Originally Posted by Busyman
    lol id help but im working on a HL2 project right now for the Norse Mod team so i cant be of any use kinda sucks, really like Sengoku Jidai period.
    We will be here when you have time!

Jackie Chan's Brother Wang...'s Avatar Semisalis
    The United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland

I will be leading a project to remove all of CA's fantasy disney-like features
    Can you clarify which specific features these are?

Wundai's Avatar Artifex

Shogun 2 my dear Wundai! Are you in old man?
    Not yet mate Too busy with the other Asian and Non-Asian themed mods at the moment. And when S2TW releases I am bound to play it first, hehe. Wishing you good luck nonetheless on the first stages, your mod will be around when I get more free time

Makrell's Avatar The first of all fish

good luck writing binary

Quote Originally Posted by Jackie Chan's Brother Wang... View Post
    Can you clarify which specific features these are?
    I think 9 factions and the late starting date misrepresent the period... ambiously, I would in later stages aim to make a mod which starts with the Onin Wars and ends up in the Sengoku Period, but this is "blue sky" for now.

I know I can unlock the factions, I know I can add around 32 of them, each with own features.

This mod will also seek to add the conservative versus progressive cultural struggle that the period represented...

Although I like many features, some of them already have started to dissapoint me from a historical perspective:

Some "disney-like" features: (this is a temporary list for discussion, I have yet to see the final mod)

1) Fantasy units like large corps of battlefield ninjas
    2) No presence of the emperor
    3) Monotheism - many daimyo embraced Christianity, Buddhism and other whatever brought advantage
    4) Warrior monks who would should an opponent in the back (one of the intro videos... pure fantasy) after a duel
    5) The use of fire arrows needs to be adapted... if you use fire arrows you need to have a static position, not realistic with mobility
    6) The introduction of sword schools, kensai and a serf-based versus mercantilism-based economic contrast
    6) Many other things to be revamped and "grounded" in what is a fantastic reality and doesn't need modern "flavouring"

Quote Originally Posted by Makrell View Post
    good luck writing binary

it will be possible to make a mod about more early japan? like 10-14 century?

Quote Originally Posted by samuraiwarior View Post
    it will be possible to make a mod about more early japan? like 10-14 century?
    Absolutelly yes! This would be a great canvas.. .I imagine a Kamakura scenario would be no heavy toil... this time modding will be different, less work will be needed.

Absolutelly yes! This would be a great canvas.. .I imagine a Kamakura scenario would be no heavy toil... this time modding will be different, less work will be needed.
    Less work in tw:s2 i thought it was less moddable

Quote Originally Posted by Makrell View Post
    Less work in tw:s2 i thought it was less moddable
    Off course they follow a new formula, but the content can definitely receive a hearty injection of history etc.

Scripting and modelling are a mountain range from what I understand... but I remain optimistic that we can somehow manage to focus the pre-existing game mechanisms and work with the pre-existing elements of this game to achieve a greater historical accuracy.

As I revealed in a private email, we are a European-based society of Grognards who play historical wargames on the table top twice a month and are fans of modding, I am a historian but most work for a major ICT research center here and we have agreed to give this a serious go together. I know the capacity of my friends, and this brings me confidence, they are game-designers, programmers, architects and gamers who have never previously come across TWC but who are eager to bring fruition to this project.

I am a coding-idiot, I have no coding ability, but I am a highly skilled administrator and large project manager in real life... it is after all my profession.

Edited: Because I overspoke Makrell and Hedge brought me to ground correctly.
    Last edited by Obi Wan Asterix; February 21, 2011 at 07:31 AM. Reason: Corrected for clear accuracy of communication - Makrell and Hedge's posts explain

Well, the text files are what they always were according to what I have seen. Off course they follow a new formula, but the content can definitely receive a hearty injection of history etc.

Scripting and modelling are a mountain range from what I understand... but I remain optimistic.
    Text files would be binary IIRC

it will be possible to make the mongol invasion maybe in an historical battle? or maybe make a mongol faction?

Page 1 of 8 12345678 LastLast