Page 20 of 25 FirstFirst ... 10111213141516171819202122232425 LastLast

Thread: Restoring Arnor

Kabeloko's Avatar Biarchus

Default Re: Restoring Arnor

yeah i guess it wont be much lands left to conquer after all that convertion thing... hopefully, they will call a invasion on u, then things get nasty XD quickly...
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Quote Originally Posted by Kabeloko View Post
    yeah i guess it wont be much lands left to conquer after all that convertion thing... hopefully, they will call a invasion on u, then things get nasty XD quickly...

Even though you say your English is bad, you could try to use capital letters and use ''you'' and ''your'' instead of ''u'' and ''ur''.

Thanks.

Click here for the future Eurovision Songfestival winner
    The same brilliant person also made the BEST CHRISTMAS SONG EVER!

Quote Originally Posted by Erebus26 View Post
    I still love you Dutchies Tukker
    Quote Originally Posted by Cahoma View Post
    Don't talk to my sister Paul!
    Quote Originally Posted by Twilight Sparkle View Post
    But Nazis like ponies!

Hey guys reviving old thread.

I would like to know the strategy for these guys. It seems no matter which way I attack I always get stomped on by whichever evil faction I have my back to... Gundabad, OotMM or Isengard.... Who should I attack first? Which settlements should I take first and etc.

My standard start plan is to send aragorn to the north west, his heir to the south west and then work my way east getting all the rebel settlements. However, this often results in my armies chewing up all my cash and becoming isolated for gundabad and isengard to harass while OotMM and Gundabad hit me in the back, I blame the High Elves, Rohan and the Dwarves for doing such a job at containing their respective nemesis factions....

I would like to form Arnor, but right now making a sustainable and defendable nation is my primary goal.

Any help is greatly appreciated,
    Maniac

Ngugi's Avatar TATW & Albion Local Mod

Quote Originally Posted by X_maniac_X View Post
    I would like to know the strategy for these guys. It seems no matter which way I attack I always get stomped on by whichever evil faction I have my back to... Gundabad, OotMM or Isengard.... Who should I attack first? Which settlements should I take first and etc.

My standard start plan is to send aragorn to the north west, his heir to the south west and then work my way east getting all the rebel settlements. However, this often results in my armies chewing up all my cash and becoming isolated for gundabad and isengard to harass while OotMM and Gundabad hit me
    Hmm, I mainly use two strategies:

1) Build roads where you got none and basic farming if you want to. I always go for OoG first in a east-northeast wave. Gather all but one generals into your main army and bring as many archers you can muster! Cavalry and archers makes your infantry mainly the guys you leave behind in taken city while your war machine marches on.
    OotMM should not get the time to attack you nor Isengard who will first go for Rohan. Though, this will require of you to be on constant march against OoG until destroyed or so beaten they no longer is a threat.

Take settlements and sack the cities, because your economy will bleed and thats end of story, this will have to be a lot of "heroic victories" so to say, but with enough archers that should be no sweat. The one general you leave (Gandalf or Aragorn suggested) shall be in Annuminas so the bugger reach right level faster.

2) About the same, just that you rather go south - east- northeast by dividing on army in two. One smaller force is to first go south to secure settlements here so not Isengard take them, and then sprint after the main army which is goin northeast by then.
    Helps a lot against Isengard later on, but could be a risk if either or non of the armies you wield can deliver good victories (by which I mean few casulties) by their own. This is a questionof balance - and your own skill.

Lycka till!
    Last edited by Ngugi; June 10, 2011 at 01:23 AM.

Kingdom of Lindon preview video out

DCI: Last Alliance
    - WIP Second Age mod | DCI: Tôl Acharn - mighty Dúnedain Counter Invasions |
    Additional Mercenary Minimod - more mercs; for TATW and DCI | Family Tree minimods - lore improvements | Remade Event Pictures - enhance cultures trough images |
    Favorite TATW compilation: Withwnars Submod Collection
    Patron of Mank, Kiliç Alì, FireFreak111, MIKEGOLF & Arachir Galudirithon, Earl of Memory

Thanks for the advice. Yea Currently attacking isengard getting around a 100:1 kill to death ratio but yea in the long run it really takes it's toll. I might declare ceasefire with isen and charge into OoG. I notice they have at least 2 full stacks on my border waiting to strike... I just hope I can become Arnor before Gondor and Rohan lose.. I swear if the orcs don't kill them I will, for their complete incompetance at defending....

EDIT: In fact on looking at everyone's progress I think the only factions I am not going to kill is Dale and the Silvan Elves.

This is what I do: ( I play with the mod that unlocks Arnor from the start so that changes the strategy a bit).

• Take the fort at Argond (south of Barrow Downs) with Gandalf. Give this to the High Elves (forces their hand in engaging Isengard and projects them sothward).
    • Take Lond Daer with Gandalf. Develop port. Eventually sail Gandalf south looking for soft targets along the coastline. If Lond Daer is threatened by Isengard, give it to the high elves. Sometimes I sail all the way around the horn and help Gondor with Harad just for fun.
    • Leave the two rebel towns to the north west for the dwarves. This helps engage the dwarves with Gundabad.
    • Develop Bree militarily but dont bother with other settlements for now (except for archers - see below).
    • Strike northeast after stationing adequate forces at Amon Sul and Fornost. Gram is the target.
    • Archers, archers, archers. Build archer barracks in Bree, Amon Sul and Fornost.
    • In the case of Bree being singled out by the Dark Lord, pull your troops out and let the first army to get there take it. Take it back when it's safe.
    • Try to help Rohan survive by harassing with Gandalf in guerilla tactics (see above ship method). Rohan is a great buffer but they almost always end up falling to Isengard. When Rohan, falls, beware the White Hand. Give any settlements that Gandalf takes to Rohan or the High Elves.

The overall goal is to encourage the High Elves and the Dwarves to attack Isengard and Gundabad respectively. The best way to do that is to put them next to each other. As you know, they don't always want to attack and seem pretty content to just sit there, enjoying Eriador and rohan's buffer states.

stoogeofstooges's Avatar Decanus

I thought agrond was one of the settlements you have to own in order to form Arnor? I know you have to get the village to the right of it

Read it again stoogeofstooges

This is what i do ( I play with the mod that unlocks Arnor from the start so that changes the strategy a bit).

Borussia Dortmund fan

KnightsTemplar's Avatar Campidoctor

Quote Originally Posted by stoogeofstooges View Post
    I thought agrond was one of the settlements you have to own in order to form Arnor? I know you have to get the village to the right of it
    Not really AFAIK, it's Coldfells, the up-right corner of the river, pretty close to Gram and Imladris.
    And Greyflood, left-hand side of Imladris, between Amon Sul and the elven city.
    The last one, Tharbad of Swanfleet, by right-side of Argond.
    Pretty much the river areas. The others are not in the list, even though Argond is the 'South Cardolan'.
    Aure entuluva!

Hey guys after much trial and error and reading people's posts I am right on my way to forming Arnor as it was intended *looks at AragornElessar* (although after the pain of forming it I will switch to beginning the game as them after this)

I think the biggest factor in dominating the north is hitting Gundabad very hard. I've found my army of woodsmen archers can decimate pretty much any orc army in no time. I did hit Isengard as well but peaced out with gaining a nice 15k tribute.

As for the OotMM I took the settlement south of Imaldras and immediatly gave it too the elves, as it is their rightful settlement. The elves then went on to inflict a lot of damage on the OotMM and essentially blocked them out of the west. I think the silvan elves are giving them a hard time as well.

Myself and the Dwarfs are dividing up OoG territory between us and for a nice cherry on top of everything, Isengard and Mordor have gone to war. I was getting ready to save Rohan when I remembered how much of an indiot they were in a seige I was trying to help them in, so good riddance if they die. Those lands will soon be mine.

Now all that is needed is for gondor to survive... They seem to have stalemated with Harad and mordor so we shall see.

Isn't there a way to combine it and Gondor, or am I reading it wrong?
    Last edited by Xenoneb; June 13, 2011 at 06:48 PM.

I think the biggest factor in dominating the north is hitting Gundabad very hard.
    This is very true, and probably the most important thing you can do early game as Eriador. Have experimented with going economy from the start to build up some nice cashflow, but that inevitably results in a 20:1 fight against OoG as they seem to breed like randy bunnies, and those dwarves apparently finds improving their girth with ale and pork a far more important thing than waging war on the orcs who are massing armies on their allies doorsteps. A few heroic victories are no problems of course, but when you face your fourth or fifth full stack in a row, without any time to reinforce, you tend to start looking for the fastest way home.

And another thing, keep your eye on Imladris. You do not want that to fall into orc hands, trust me.
    (Maybe that's just because in every single game I have played, the good guys are getting their asses handed to them and I am the only one making any kind of progress.. )

Ngugi's Avatar TATW & Albion Local Mod

Quote Originally Posted by Xenoneb View Post
    Isn't there a way to combine it and Gondor, or am I reading it wrong?
    You can't recunite Arnor and Gondor in the game no. Sad but true.
    Last edited by Ngugi; June 17, 2011 at 03:24 PM.

Kingdom of Lindon preview video out

DCI: Last Alliance
    - WIP Second Age mod | DCI: Tôl Acharn - mighty Dúnedain Counter Invasions |
    Additional Mercenary Minimod - more mercs; for TATW and DCI | Family Tree minimods - lore improvements | Remade Event Pictures - enhance cultures trough images |
    Favorite TATW compilation: Withwnars Submod Collection
    Patron of Mank, Kiliç Alì, FireFreak111, MIKEGOLF & Arachir Galudirithon, Earl of Memory

dannyalex's Avatar Campidoctor

just kill all the Gundabad Orcs until 30 turn and then go at Isengard until turn 85-90..and that all folks
    Most Chivalrous commander 2020-2021

Take advantage of the Hobbit Archers, specially the ones wearing blue shirts (don't remember their name), for they have an pretty nice range and the missiles cause heavy casualties in the light orcish armies (which are the stacks of Gundabad). Anyways, archers with long range missiles will do the trick for you, they will burn the orcs and lower their morale, so only charge their backs with a handful of generals and see the entire army routing. While your losses will count around 100 - 200 of 1800 - 2000 soldiers, theirs will count nearly the entire army. I used this strategy when i was going to war against Gundabad, so i've beaten the garrisson script army of OoG's capital and another half stack of snagas and other orcish light infantries with minimal losses.
    Click on my sig and check out my modelling works! Your opinion is welcome!

Darth_Revan's Avatar Primicerius

Archer spam is the way to go until you become Arnor and have some good infantry units

dannyalex's Avatar Campidoctor

Quote Originally Posted by Darth_Revan View Post
    Archer spam is the way to go until you become Arnor and have some good infantry units
    i total agree,Hobbit Archers and Spearmen(not hobbits..too short )are must until Arnor reforge
    Most Chivalrous commander 2020-2021

Sigh, I finally did it. but only in time to realise that mordor controlled half the map and was bearing down on my borders with the intent of ruining my game. SO Restart! and turn off the more powerful mordor script!

I think I may have to restart again and turn off the Alliance script as well. As Isengard and OoG are hitting me pretty badly. I've rage auto_win defender a few times after seeing that isengard, even though they are lock in heated war with rohan, seems to be able to spare the occasional FULL stack at my lands AND OoG seem to be able to send half stack past my wall of watchtowers undetected... but I feel my game is tainted when I cheat so I restart.

About the archer strategy. Definantly a must as it can at times kill at least half the enemies army, very important when victories need to be made with minimal losses! I have yet to use the blue hobbit archers as mainstream troops but they are definantly the way to go, along with elven rangers if you are using that script 20units getting 200+ kills is just brilliant.

And finally to get Annuminas up to scratch at record speed. I would have to say put aragorn in it over Gandalf. I still use aragorn for his 72 respawnable Grey Company fighters but his -6 anti squalor and +3 farming yeild is just the way to go. I gave gandalf his athelas retinue and hid immediatly bumped the growth rate up to 4.5% as opposed to regular 2.5%. While Gandalf still is keeping the squalor at zero I don't think it will last all the way to 18k so thats where aragorn is better.

A few questions:
    1: Is it worth sending your future govenors around to the towns where farms are being built? I tried this with 3 of them and it seemed only the govenor got the farmer trait, the other just got 'lazy'
    2: With campaigning through the Misty Mountains, did anyone find fighting in the mountains horrible. Along with fighting over those absolutly awful Castles that were actually dodgey fortresses? What is with that, why are they using the Britannia campaign forts for proper castle settlements?

Cheers,
    Manaic.
    Last edited by X_maniac_X; June 17, 2011 at 08:47 AM.

Khales's Avatar Ducenarius

1: Is it worth sending your future govenors around to the towns where farms are being built? I tried this with 3 of them and it seemed only the govenor got the farmer trait, the other just got 'lazy'
    Starting with Eriador i just have 3 governing generals. One for Bree, Amon Sul and Staddle. One for Annuminas and Fornost and one for the hobbit settlements. I´m building in an order so that the generals are in a settlement when a building is on it´s last building turn.

To prevent the lazy trait just use all or almost all movement points. And take a look herehttp://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=386432

Darth_Revan's Avatar Primicerius

@ Maniac kick the crap outa mordor and really "reunite" the kingdoms