View Poll Results: Favorite faction to play as so far?

Voters
366. You may not vote on this poll
  • Mordor

24 6.56%
  • Gondor

81 22.13%
  • Rohan

25 6.83%
  • Isengard

32 8.74%
  • Rhun

14 3.83%
  • Dale

15 4.10%
  • Balchoth

5 1.37%
  • Variags

7 1.91%
  • Harad

6 1.64%
  • Eriador/Men of the West

35 9.56%
  • Reunited Kingdom

33 9.02%
  • Beornings

8 2.19%
  • Dwarves of Erebor

24 6.56%
  • Dwarves of Ered Luin

8 2.19%
  • Orocarni Dwarves

25 6.83%
  • High Elves

41 11.20%
  • Galadhrim Elves

26 7.10%
  • Mirkwood Elves

21 5.74%
  • Avari Elves

31 8.47%
  • Dunlendings

6 1.64%
  • Corsairs and Outlaws

11 3.01%
  • Orcs of the Misty Mountains

5 1.37%
  • Orcs of Gundabad

5 1.37%
  • Brood of Ancalagon

6 1.64%
  • Brood of Glaurung

2 0.55%
  • Brood of Scatha

2 0.55%
  • Spawn of Ungoliant

2 0.55%
  • Creatures of the Night

2 0.55%
  • Creations of Eru

10 2.73%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 48 of 265 FirstFirst ... 233839404142434445464748495051525354555657587398148 ... LastLast

Thread: Dagor Ennor (aka PCP) ~ M2TW & TATW Re-Imagined ~ 31 Factions + 32 Rebel Factions ~ MAXED Buildings/Units/Regions ~ Interact with ALL the indigenous peoples of Middle-Earth... and then terminate them with extreme prejudice.

Ngugi's Avatar TATW & Albion Local Mod

Default Re: ~Perillicious Compilation Pack of SubMods~ (PCP) ~~~ CLOSED BETA 04 Released! Recruiting skinners, coders, scripters, and Beta testers! ~~~

Time to re-install to get rid of FRoME then... ^_^ Hello beta

Kingdom of Lindon preview video out

DCI: Last Alliance
    - WIP Second Age mod | DCI: Tôl Acharn - mighty Dúnedain Counter Invasions |
    Additional Mercenary Minimod - more mercs; for TATW and DCI | Family Tree minimods - lore improvements | Remade Event Pictures - enhance cultures trough images |
    Favorite TATW compilation: Withwnars Submod Collection
    Patron of Mank, Kiliç Alì, FireFreak111, MIKEGOLF & Arachir Galudirithon, Earl of Memory

Default Re: ~Perillicious Compilation Pack of SubMods~ (PCP) ~~~ CLOSED BETA 04 Released! Recruiting skinners, coders, scripters, and Beta testers! ~~~

good luck guys. i wish you the best.

PATCH1 has been released, it fixes a few mistakes I overlooked and also adds a few more buildings on top of those already added.

Will download and try all out tonight when i'm off work.

Default Re: ~Perillicious Compilation Pack of SubMods~ (PCP) ~~~ CLOSED BETA 04 Released! Got PCP? ~~~ Recruiting skinners, coders, scripters, and Beta testers! ~~~

I need unit cards for the following buildings if anyone wants to help me out. You will receive the best gift there is to give, my appreciation and satisfaction.

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    ¬--------------
    Public Wells
    Every population center requires fresh water, though most are not very hygienic. By making needed improvements to the public well system a local lord may ensure the health and growth of the local population. Improves the health and growth of the local population.
    population_health_bonus bonus 1
    population_growth_bonus bonus 1

Improved Wells (upgrade)
    Every population center requires fresh water, though most are not very hygienic. By making needed improvements to the public well system a local lord may ensure the health and growth of the local population. Improves the health and growth of the local population.
    population_health_bonus bonus 2
    population_growth_bonus bonus 2

Fountains (upgrade)
    Every population center requires fresh water, though most are not very hygienic. By making needed improvements to the public well system a local lord may ensure the health and growth of the local population. Fountains are also decorations and have the added bonus of beautifying the city. Improves the health, growth, and happiness of the local population.
    population_health_bonus bonus 3
    population_growth_bonus bonus 3
    happiness_bonus bonus 1

¬--------------
    Caravan Stop
    A caravan stop gives traders somewhere inside the safety of the walls to stay and trade their goods. Traders show their appreciation by including the location along their caravan routes. This brings extra coin in and ensures there is enough merchant military about for use in times of need. Increase in tradeable goods from trade caravans.
    recruit_pool "Caravan Guard"
    trade_base_income_bonus bonus 1

Caravan Station (upgrade)
    A caravan station gives traders a large, set aside area inside the safety of the walls to stay and trade their goods. Traders show their appreciation by including the location along their caravan routes. This brings extra coin in and ensures there is enough merchant military about for use in times of need. Increase in tradeable goods from trade caravans.
    recruit_pool "Caravan Guard"
    recruit_pool "Merchant Guild Guard"
    trade_base_income_bonus bonus 2

¬--------------
    Leechers
    Leechers are primitive healers whom often visit the residence of the injured or diseased to offer what healing they can. Healers.
    retrain_cost_bonus bonus 1
    happiness_bonus bonus 1
    population_health_bonus bonus 1

Healing Houses (upgrade)
    Healing houses give the injured or diseased a place to heal with the help of competent healers. Hospital.
    retrain_cost_bonus bonus 2
    happiness_bonus bonus 1
    population_health_bonus bonus 2
    population_growth_bonus bonus 1

For Orcs;

Leechers= Spawning Pits

Healing Houses= Spawning Depths

¬--------------
    Statues
    Statues are decorations that not only beautify the city, but also instill a sense of pride and belonging in the local inhabitants. Many of these such statues are of great men, warriors more so than scholars, whose deeds were sung in days long past, but are still not completely forgotten. Increases the happiness of the local population.
    happiness_bonus bonus 2

Memorials (upgrade)
    Memorials are decorations that not only beautify the city, but also instill a sense of pride and belonging in the local inhabitants. Many of these such memorials depict great battles and warriors of old whose deeds were sung in days long past, but are still not completely forgotten. Increases the happiness of the local population.
    happiness_bonus bonus 4

¬--------------
    Urban Development
    While urban development is largely unpopular and unhealthy, it is often necessary in order to properly expand and support an important city with tax payers and potential soldiers. Increases population growth while decreasing health and happiness.
    happiness_bonus bonus -2
    population_health_bonus bonus -2
    population_growth_bonus bonus 3

Urban Sprawls (upgrade)
    Urban sprawls are largely unpopular and unhealthy, they are designed to fit as many families in as small an area as possible. This ensures that any important city will have plenty of tax payers and potential soldiers. Increases population growth while decreasing health and happiness.
    happiness_bonus bonus -4
    population_health_bonus bonus -4
    population_growth_bonus bonus 5

¬--------------
    Tirith Aear (unique to Dol Amroth)
    The Sea-ward Tower, or Tirith Aear in Sindarin, was a tower situated near Dol Amroth. A verse recorded in the Red Book tells of "one slow bell high in the Seaward Tower". The Knights of Dol Amroth rally around this symbol and use the vast plains surrounding it to train and maintain their cavalry forces.
    recruit_pool "Swan Knights"
    recruit_pool "Dismounted Swan Knights"
    recruit_pool "Dol Amroth Knights"
    retrain_cost_bonus bonus 1
    happiness_bonus bonus 1
    heavy_cavalry_bonus bonus 1

¬--------------
    Weaponsmithy
    Repairs damaged melee weapons and improves their strength and durability, allowing them to better penetrate armor and flesh. Improves melee weapons.
    weapon_melee_blade 1

¬--------------
    Arrowsmithy
    Improves the design, strength, and durability of arrow tips, allowing them to better penetrate armor and flesh. Improves ranged weapons.
    archer_bonus 2

¬--------------
    Last edited by alreadyded; May 12, 2011 at 03:27 PM.

Default Re: ~Perillicious Compilation Pack of SubMods~ (PCP) ~~~ CLOSED BETA 04 Released! Got PCP? ~~~ Recruiting skinners, coders, scripters, and Beta testers! ~~~

the caravan ones must certainly have cards in game already..i think there were already such buildings in crusades campaign..anyway..here's a link that could help you with portraits for your mods..has plenty screenshots and a creatures subsection with close pics of shelob too

http://arwen-undomiel.com/images/creatures.php?page=1

for the rest i'll see i'f i can help with some of them,but i really can't promise you anything ..i'll have to learn how to do it first..if i understood right you want the crads that open when right clicking on a settlement,right ?
    Last edited by Noobio; May 12, 2011 at 11:08 AM.

Dutch-Balrog's Avatar Domesticus

i don't see a download link, soo i guess that this beta is not for every1?

Quote Originally Posted by Noobas View Post
    the caravan ones must certainly have cards in game already..i think there were already such buildings in crusades campaign..anyway..here's a link that could help you with portraits for your mods..has plenty screenshots and a creatures subsection with close pics of shelob too

http://arwen-undomiel.com/images/creatures.php?page=1

for the rest i'll see i'f i can help with some of them,but i really can't promise you anything ..i'll have to learn how to do it first..if i understood right you want the crads that open when right clicking on a settlement,right ?
    I need selection cards for buildings, the small ones you click to build it. I can just use the same image in a larger size for the "right-click" info screen.

Quote Originally Posted by Dutch-Balrog View Post
    i don't see a download link, soo i guess that this beta is not for every1?
    It is a closed Beta, but almost anyone may join. As long as you are capable of leaving useful feedback, that is all I care about.
    Last edited by alreadyded; May 12, 2011 at 01:52 PM.

i think i can do the water triplet..found some nice pics on the net..but fountains in an ord city wouldn't really fit..
    same goes for statues..

anyway

does all this have to be generic or faction specific ?

I am fine with generic, anything is better than these Roman placeholder buildings and beggars can't be choosers.

As for Orc statues and fountains, I think they would have them, though they wouldn't be beautiful. Minas Morgul and Cirith Ungol both had 'scary' statues out front in their brief descriptions. I think the leechers and healing houses do not fit for the Orc's though. Maybe call it a "Spawning Pit" for the Orc's or something?
    Last edited by alreadyded; May 12, 2011 at 02:56 PM.

"spawning pit" as in just a mud hole ?

regarding the statues maybe i could "mutilate" -ridicule the others' ones..maybe puting gargoyle heads instead of the normal ones..kinna like in the movie,where they have substituted one head with a junk metal thing

Quote Originally Posted by Noobas View Post
    "spawning pit" as in just a mud hole ?

regarding the statues maybe i could "mutilate" -ridicule the others' ones..maybe puting gargoyle heads instead of the normal ones..kinna like in the movie,where they have substituted one head with a junk metal thing
    The same thing can also be done to fountains. Or they can just be black instead of white/gray.

For Orcs;

Leechers= Spawning Pits

Healing Houses= Spawning Depths
    Last edited by alreadyded; May 12, 2011 at 03:23 PM.

the orcs' upgraded "pit"

thanks for having me in the group. i will test it out as soon as i can but real life calls when you feel the laziest.

Cirith Ungol had some freaky 'watcher' statues that also served as defence in the books. So there's precedent.

http://www.2shared.com/file/5PN1CE6M...atues_ult.html (pass : noobas)

here are the statues...just .tga files..cleaned em of backround and processed em a bit to fit the lore..if someone has photoshop and knows how (i don't ..) he could process them a bit more ,in particular

-dwarf statue..give him a mask or broaden his nose a bit..and shorten/broad him in the dwarfish way (paint.net is a bit limited for this kind of features and i don't have time to start learning gimp right away) and maybe render a bit his legs in order to cover em with chain-mail (i tried using blemish with pixilion but i didn't like it)

-gondorian king..maybe cut the top of the helmet and make it look like the "empty" gondor feather crown (meaning , cut the helmet top and give him an evident top of the hair..like the guys working in fastfoods )

-dunland rod.. it could be changed as a bear totem in order to be also used for beornings faction (or with according changes for other forest-barbaric faction)

-desecrated statue..if someone can make it look good (and not like paint- ) i'd like a "burning eye" simple painting on the shield (and maybe a retouch of the blade's tip on the skull)

-bard the bowman and helm hammerhead statues,may look better (?) if with sepia effect (just the statue ,not the base)

- for all of them if you think is necessary, elaborate the textures/glows etc in order to give em the feel all other ingame pics have..just noticed i missed a few pixels when deleting backrounds-editing layers etc ..if someone is gonna use em ,take a look at them with zoom out in the chessboard canvas to spot them out

anyway i'd like to hear what you think..

ps
    ded.. just saw that statues got a memorial upgrade..can't think of anything relative for depicting that..maybe "decorating" the statues could do the trick ?
    -orcs statue..pile of skulls at the base and crows
    -evil men..jewels-treasures and snakes (rohirim helmet and crows for dunland..mugs and a bear in the backround for beornings)
    -good men and elves statues ...ribbons or that olive-crown they give at the olympics and an eagle
    -dwarves ...jewels-treasures and eagle

or in order to make it more simple..1st level ,silver statues 2nd level gold ?

ps2
    pics for portraits..(some need further processing,some not .. shelob/flame dragon/wolf suggestions included..others are for dunland or beornings..your call..if beornings photoshop their hair/beards into black)

http://www.2shared.com/file/WUg8cgCG/portraits.html

(some are of the same actors,as some people just grow a beard ,put on a wig and do their warrior stuff over and over again ..so pick the one you like the most..if you could find various metalheads' pics for variety's sake it could work too.. )

next upload > fountains and pits

till next time..

Last edited by Noobio; May 13, 2011 at 06:40 PM.

A lot of what you sent me looks really good Noobas, I am surprised you were able to do all that with paint.net . I will start improving them where necessary and coding them into the game. Thanks again!

well..your sub-mod(s) looked like a great idea and i' d be glad to help ..maybe you should take a look at "turtle mod" in submods section too..it has some really nice ideas..like hobbits "can_hide_anywhere" EDU attribute etc..

Default Re: ~Perillicious Compilation Pack of SubMods~ (PCP) ~~~ CLOSED BETA 04 Released! Got PCP? ~~~ Recruiting skinners, coders, scripters, and Beta testers! ~~~ ☣☢☠

I already added "hide_anywhere" to a couple assassin units and to the barrow wights, but yeah Hobbits should totally have it too. No clue why I didn't think of that .

Default Re: ~Perillicious Compilation Pack of SubMods~ (PCP) ~~~ CLOSED BETA 04 Released! Got PCP? ~~~ Recruiting skinners, coders, scripters, and Beta testers! ~~~ ☣☢☠

then take it one step ahead and lose em the "sea_fairing" one... hobbits hated water,they didn't even wash their feet