Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: TATW Battle Editor (Tutorials, Help, Manual, Development)

Grymloq's Avatar Domesticus

Default Re: -- BATTLE EDITOR for TATW (Tutorials, Help, Manual, Development) --

are the portraits in the "ui" folder? Because I found the unique portraits in the ui folder of the mods, but my vanilla ui doesn't have any sub-folder but only some files (that I cannot open)

jản's Avatar █ kept in suspense █

//

The portraits are in .tga file format. But as far as i can remember and say it from here
    (i dont have TATW on this notebook) it is th UI folder. But just search for them. It really
    shouldn't be too hard to find them.

//

I search in all the folders, but I can't find them. However now that I have tried the battle editor also on some mods, I can't play the mods anymore (TATW, call of warhammer and stainless steel) Even reinstalling them nothing changes

//

Hm, that sound really strange. I dont know what you did but it sounds like you do smth wrong.
    Did the game run before you started to use the Editor? Did you copied files somewhere?

Okay when you managed to get the game running again and you want to use the editor, make sure
    you use the Kingdoms expansion and than use the unpacker which comes with the game. This is a
    tool which extracts all the game files (including portraits etc.) to you game folders. (The vanilla game
    uses archive files which contains all the game files. These archive file can be unpacked to edit all of
    the files that are used by the game.)

//

I don't know if it is because of the editor, but on Sunday evening the mods were playable, after enabled and used editor on monday afternoon, they weren't
    I'll reinstall med vanilla and kingdoms and we will see (maybe the portraits will appear )

okay, I reinstalled mtw, kingdoms and the mods, now it's all fine.
    I have one question:
    in some mods the map where you choose the scenario location is the same of vanilla even if campaign map is different, so when you try to go the location you chose the game crashes.
    Do you lnow how to change the vanilla map with the campaign map?
    still didn't find the portraits

Quote Originally Posted by Grymloq View Post
    okay, I reinstalled mtw, kingdoms and the mods, now it's all fine.
    I have one question:
    in some mods the map where you choose the scenario location is the same of vanilla even if campaign map is different, so when you try to go the location you chose the game crashes.
    Do you lnow how to change the vanilla map with the campaign map?
    still didn't find the portraits
    There's a file somewhere (don't know exactly), that defines the way it looks when opening the editor. You can search the forum for more info

talking about RTW is possible to put a settlement outside of the map border?
    I searched for an editor thread for RTW, but didn't find

Gigantus's Avatar I am not special - I am a limited edition.
    Patrician took an arrow to the knee spy of the council

Blog Entries

Not sure if it has been mentioned, but why don't you post this in the miscellaneous tutorial forum as well? A quick link in the mapping tutorial forum wouldn't hurt either.

//

Hm don't know - it is already published in the Scriptorium by Saint Nicholas:

The Catalogue Pt. 3: Modding Tools & Resources ||| [Here]

Well maybe i'll put it up there as well.

//

Blog Entries

The scriptorium is a repository, and it is good that it is entered there.
    I was just thinking from the point of accessibility - not many people look in the repository to solve their problems (nor into TATW either for that purpose). You could simply copy your OP into the tutorial forums and then provide a link to your discussion thread here.

Whenever I place down a settlement the gate doesn't work, the men just go right through it. Can someone please help?

Kahvipannu's Avatar Bring me Solo & wookie

Default Re: TATW Battle Editor (Tutorials, Help, Manual, Development)

Hi, I'm trying to get this editor to work with CoW, but I'm having problem.

I am getting CTD everytime I try to run this. I have no problems with TATW for example. CTD happens everytime I choose location, or load battle, and press button to start editor.

Here is the log, it seem to have something to do with missing files perhaps? Thanks in before hand if someone can help me.
    Attachment 197600

I have a strange issue going on in the Battle Editor, and I wondered if anyone has ever seen it before. The landscape looks very white and bleached out and truly not discernable. This is with the same identical graphic settings I've been using all along. I actually removed the old installation and reinstalled it in Steam to no effect. The regular game is fine as well as mods I've tried. Something weird is going on.

I've used the Battle Editor over and over to look at the various settlements and ambient structures but never had this happen before.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Battle Editor.jpg 
Views:	7 
Size:	59.2 KB 
ID:	304711Click image for larger version. 

Name:	placed middle eastern city.jpg 
Views:	8 
Size:	130.2 KB 
ID:	304712

EDIT1: If anyone else has this issue in the future and uses Steam, I suggest deleting the local cache, but then also going into Windows Explorer and deleting the whole MTW2 folder as well but only after backing up your mod settings (lots of people have either tweeked their's or use submods). Only a completely new installation cleared up the Battle Editor to a normal state. Oh well back to reinstalling my mods now.

Steam has the capability of verification of the local cache, a lesser attempt to correct corrupted files. I've seldom had this work when MTW2 Kingdoms gets corrupted. But it's worth a try since it preserves the mod folder.

For zooming around and examining the settlements or placing ambients into the settlements, the Battle Editor works fine in general. The fact that you can adjust the heights of the terrain and literally sculpt it makes it worth playing with. Would that we could just save items and use them modded that way. Unfortunantly that would mean not upgrading regular settlements as populations increase. One could really adjust things like the location of settlements on elevated terrain or moving around bodies of water to create pinch points, so the Battle Editor is way cool about that sort of thing.

It's also an excellent way to plan battle tactics particularly if you're using multiple armies to attack in timed corrdinated ways to best effect.
    Last edited by RubiconDecision; April 02, 2014 at 02:09 AM.

HELP, I did the way you guys told me to to activate the battle editor, worked fine on vanilla but on third age, it wont show up! Whats up with that? I have third age 3.2, do I need 3.1 as well to make it work?

Sight Necropost, but I have a problem.

Well, for starters, whenever I try to play a Custom Battle using my own maps, it crashes with an "Unspecified Error." When I try to play a Historical Battle(even the ones already loaded into the game at the start), it won't even play them at all. All it will do is send me back to the selection screen and won't let me go further.

♔atthias♔'s Avatar dutch speaking
    Citizen

Quote Originally Posted by Faenor of the Silver Laurel View Post
    Sight Necropost, but I have a problem.

Well, for starters, whenever I try to play a Custom Battle using my own maps, it crashes with an "Unspecified Error." When I try to play a Historical Battle(even the ones already loaded into the game at the start), it won't even play them at all. All it will do is send me back to the selection screen and won't let me go further.
    try deleting the geography TXT file in your third age 3 folder
    Last edited by ♔atthias♔; April 09, 2016 at 02:14 AM. Reason: I should learning reading
    Rise of Mordor 3D Modelers Wanted
    Total War - Rise of Mordor
    Are you a 3D Environment and Character artist, or a Character Animator?

If yes, then the Rise of Mordor team linked above is looking for you!
    Massive Overhaul Submod Units!
    D you want some units back in MOS 1.7? Install this mod http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...n-1-1-RELEASED
    It adds back units who were deleted from the campaign in MOS 1.7, namely the Winged Swordsmen, the Citadel Guard Archers and the Gondor Dismounted Bodyguard.

Under the proud patronage of
    Frunk of the house of Siblesz

Thank you. Do you know how a custom model might be given, as well? The tutorial doesn't appear to cover that.

♔atthias♔'s Avatar dutch speaking
    Citizen

Thank you. Do you know how a custom model might be given, as well? The tutorial doesn't appear to cover that.
    I dont know sorry I am more from the technical side of the game not from the modeling side
    Rise of Mordor 3D Modelers Wanted
    Total War - Rise of Mordor
    Are you a 3D Environment and Character artist, or a Character Animator?

If yes, then the Rise of Mordor team linked above is looking for you!
    Massive Overhaul Submod Units!
    D you want some units back in MOS 1.7? Install this mod http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...n-1-1-RELEASED
    It adds back units who were deleted from the campaign in MOS 1.7, namely the Winged Swordsmen, the Citadel Guard Archers and the Gondor Dismounted Bodyguard.

Under the proud patronage of
    Frunk of the house of Siblesz

Blog Entries

If you are talking about building models then the ITWE guys might be of help. A general's unique battle model should work the same way as in a regular script (descr_strat, campaign_script).