Page 12 of 16 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111213141516 LastLast

Thread: Creating a World - Stone Forts on the Battle Map

Vythodias's Avatar Libertus
    Northern Catskill Mountains; upstate New York

Icon4 Re: Creating a World - Stone Forts on the Battle Map

Quote Originally Posted by Gigantus View Post
    The watchtower is just that - a watchtower that you can preplace

To identify a position, simply place your mouse cursor there. Then pull down the console with the ~ button (top left, next to numerical 1). Now type show_cursorstat and press enter. This will give you the co-ordinates as well as the region's name. The name however is in 'display' mode, eg York Region - which means you have to look up the 'data' name in data\text\imperial_campaign_regions_and_settlement_names.txt: {York_Province}York Region
    Alright... well, after three days of experimenting and carefully tweaking the file as instructed, I cannot seem to get this work. I'm becoming increasingly resigned to not have stone forts on the map.

Here is the relevant part of my descr_strat in question before attempted alteration:

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    ; >>>> start of regions section <<<<

region Maar_Gan_Province

farming_level 0
    famine_threat 0

fort 314 261 stone_fort_a culture eastern_european ;Уршилаку <- I have no idea what's with the strange language

region Vos_Province

farming_level 0
    famine_threat 0

fort 349 255 stone_fort_a culture eastern_european ;Ахеммуза

fort 344 241 stone_fort_a culture eastern_european ;Зайнаб

region Molag_Mar_Province

farming_level 0
    famine_threat 0

fort 354 215 stone_fort_a culture eastern_european ;Эрабенимсун

region Gnisis_Province

farming_level 0
    famine_threat 0

fort 300 242 stone_fort_a culture southern_european ;Форт Дариус

script
    campaign_script.txt

And, I have tried every possible and careful combination described but nothing seems to work. I have tried to make an entry before, after and in the middle of this code. I've tried placing it before the campaign_script.txt, I've tried placing after it. Only to have repeated and consistent CTM's. So, I am at a complete loss as to what I'm doing wrong. This is what I am trying to add: (and if I can figure out how to place one, I'll be able to place more, obviously.)

region Riverwood_Province
    farming_level 4
    famine_threat 1
    ;fort 238 220 me_fort_a culture middle_eastern
    ;fort 238 220 me_fort_a culture middle_eastern
    ;fort 238 220 stone_fort_a culture northern_european
    ;fort 238 220 stone_fort_b culture northern_european
    ;fort 238 220 stone_fort_c culture northern_european
    ;fort 238 220 stone_fort_d culture northern_european
    fort 238 220 knightly_order_fort_b culture northern_european

And, this point, I've resorted to prayer... Not sure what else to do...
    Last edited by Vythodias; October 17, 2015 at 10:34 AM. Reason: Typo
    Non nobis, Domine, non nobis, sed nomini tuo da gloriam.

Default Re: Creating a World - Stone Forts on the Battle Map

if that's a straight copy and paste you seem to be missing a line break in
    "region Riverwood_Provincefarming_level 4"
    which should look like

farming_level 4

what are you using as text editor?

Quote Originally Posted by makanyane View Post
    if that's a straight copy and paste you seem to be missing a line break in
    "region Riverwood_Provincefarming_level 4"
    which should look like

farming_level 4

what are you using as text editor?
    Hello, Makanyane - it's nice to meet you.

You're right - I didn't even look at it, but when I copied and pasted it, (I'll edit and fix it - sorry.) there's a line break there, but the original descr_strat file is as you said. Jesus, I could barely understand what I just said... I made a mistake it copying it over, but the original is infact correct. There, I think that's more concise.

As for editing program? Honestly, I'm somewhat alarmed by the implications of your question - all I've been using was notepad. Thank you for the reply.

Quote Originally Posted by Vythodias View Post
    As for editing program? Honestly, I'm somewhat alarmed by the implications of your question - all I've been using was notepad. Thank you for the reply.
    Nothing scary I just meant do you use notepad or word or something else... (definitely don't ever use Word)

I normally use notepad and find it OK - but you can sometimes end up with things that look like they are on separate lines in one program but not in others; For technical bumf about what you need see
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...ems-in-Notepad
    you can get notepad++ for free and view exactly what space/break characters are being used

also see the comment at the end of that link about weird characters like л have you got rid of those - I know the ones you showed were after the ;comment thingy but am not sure if they could still cause a problem.

also generally check that your descr_strat.txt file is actually getting read to the end
    i.e. does the campaign script launch? and do the last rebel armies actually appear on map? - if there's an error in descr_strat the game just stops reading it at that point so might not be getting to your bit.

Quote Originally Posted by makanyane View Post
    Nothing scary I just meant do you use notepad or word or something else... (definitely don't ever use Word)

I normally use notepad and find it OK - but you can sometimes end up with things that look like they are on separate lines in one program but not in others; For technical bumf about what you need see
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...ems-in-Notepad
    you can get notepad++ for free and view exactly what space/break characters are being used

also see the comment at the end of that link about weird characters like л have you got rid of those - I know the ones you showed were after the ;comment thingy but am not sure if they could still cause a problem.

also generally check that your descr_strat.txt file is actually getting read to the end
    i.e. does the campaign script launch? and do the last rebel armies actually appear on map? - if there's an error in descr_strat the game just stops reading it at that point so might not be getting to your bit.
    I tend to have a pathological fear of technology... obviously, the fear is born out of ignorance... I really don't know what I'm doing, and my methodology just consists of me testing things out, and then seeing what happens; sometimes, my tweaks work, other times, they don't. Perhaps not the most scientific way to go about experimentation, but as I said - I am barely computer literate.

Fascinating. Well, I will look into downloading and installing notepad++ and consider your advise. Now, a note about the strange language appearing after the semicolon... it appears on nearly all of the core files. The mod that I am enjoying (and currently seeking to tweak) was made by a small team of Russian Developers. I'm not sure if that has anything to do with my problems, but I thought I'd mention it. For example, a preview of the EDU:

type Iron Armor Swordsmendictionary Iron_Armor_Swordsmen ; Мечники в тяжелых доспехах
    category infantry
    class heavy
    voice_type Heavy
    banner faction main_infantry
    banner holy crusade
    soldier iron_armor_swordsmen, 48, 0, 1.2
    officer tamriel_captain
    officer tamriel_officer
    attributes sea_faring, hide_forest, very_hardy, can_withdraw, frighten_foot, free_upkeep_unit
    formation 1.2, 1.2, 2.4, 2.4, 4, square, schiltrom
    stat_health 1, 0
    stat_pri 12, 5, no, 0, 0, melee, melee_blade, piercing, sword, 25, 1
    ;stat_pri_ex 0, 0, 0
    stat_pri_attr no
    stat_sec 0, 0, no, 0, 0, no, melee_simple, blunt, none, 25, 1
    ;stat_sec_ex 0, 0, 0
    stat_sec_attr no
    stat_pri_armour 8, 3, 4, metal
    ;stat_armour_ex 3, 5, 0, 0, 8, 0, 0, metal
    stat_sec_armour 0, 0, flesh
    stat_heat 6
    stat_ground 1, -2, 3, 6
    stat_mental 12, normal, trained
    stat_charge_dist 30
    stat_fire_delay 0
    stat_food 60, 300
    stat_cost 3, 550, 170, 60, 140, 550, 4, 140
    armour_ug_levels 3, 4
    armour_ug_models iron_armor_swordsmen, iron_armor_swordsmen_ug1
    ownership scotland
    era 0 scotland
    era 1 scotland
    era 2 scotland
    ;unit_info 15, 0, 11
    recruit_priority_offset 25

type Iron Armor Bowmen
    dictionary Iron_Armor_Bowmen ; Лучники в тяжелых доспехах
    category infantry
    class missile
    voice_type Heavy
    banner faction main_infantry
    banner holy crusade
    soldier iron_armor_bowmen, 48, 0, 1.2
    officer tamriel_captain
    officer tamriel_officer
    attributes sea_faring, hide_forest, very_hardy, can_withdraw, frighten_foot, free_upkeep_unit, stakes, extreme_range
    formation 1.2, 1.2, 2.4, 2.4, 4, square
    stat_health 1, 0
    stat_pri 10, 3, bodkin_arrow, 200, 30, missile, missile_mechanical, piercing, none, 25, 1
    ;stat_pri_ex 0, 0, 0
    stat_pri_attr no
    stat_sec 9, 6, no, 0, 0, melee, melee_blade, piercing, sword, 25, 1
    ;stat_sec_ex 0, 0, 0
    stat_sec_attr no
    stat_pri_armour 7, 4, 0, metal
    ;stat_armour_ex 3, 5, 0, 0, 8, 0, 0, metal
    stat_sec_armour 0, 0, flesh
    stat_heat 6
    stat_ground 1, -2, 3, 6
    stat_mental 15, disciplined, highly_trained
    stat_charge_dist 30
    stat_fire_delay 0
    stat_food 60, 300
    stat_cost 2, 510, 160, 60, 140, 510, 4, 140
    armour_ug_levels 3, 4
    armour_ug_models iron_armor_bowmen, iron_armor_bowmen
    ownership scotland
    era 0 scotland
    era 1 scotland
    era 2 scotland
    ;unit_info 15, 0, 11
    recruit_priority_offset 25

As you can plainly see, even the EDU, has these mysterious characters. Now obviously, it's not Russian, but I think I'm also correct in deducing that it's also not normal. It is interesting to me, that you mention that an error may be registering before my tweaks are even read within the descr_strat file. I had never stopped to consider that... I've made some alterations, only a few and very minor, but enough that such a thing is entirely possible; I suppose it's extremely plausible that I unknowingly butchered something somewhere. I will find a clean copy of the descr_strat and test it out to see if that makes any difference. That is of course, assuming that there is no error in the original file as well... All of this should have been prefaced with that my descr_strat still allows me to start a new campaign, until I attempt to amend permanent stone forts to the strat.map. It's only after I attempt to alter the file, that I get the maddening CTM. Anyway, you have my sincere thanks for the passing wisdom.

Gigantus's Avatar I am not special - I am a limited edition.
    Patrician took an arrow to the knee spy of the council

Blog Entries

About the weird characters: your system is not set to display the characters in it's native display within a TXT file - that could be Cyrillic (as in your case), an Asian language or even Greek.

CTM: this usually leaves a fairly clear error message in the log. Check were your log is by opening your CFG file (use notepad) and check the [log] section. Then search that log for [error] from the bottom up. Copy that section including three lines above and below here and we'll have a look. It will be descr_strat related.

Quote Originally Posted by Gigantus View Post
    About the weird characters: your system is not set to display the characters in it's native display within a TXT file - that could be Cyrillic (as in your case), an Asian language or even Greek.

CTM: this usually leaves a fairly clear error message in the log. Check were your log is by opening your CFG file (use notepad) and check the [log] section. Then search that log for [error] from the bottom up. Copy that section including three lines above and below here and we'll have a look. It will be descr_strat related.
    I apologise for the delay, Gigantus. I only just re-visited this thread again out of passing curiosity and wasn't expecting further communication, as I had suspected that I'd arrived at a dead-end. Thanks for the reply, I appreciate you taking the time to think about my little dillema. I will do as you say, re-attempt to add the stone fort, which will likely result in a CTM, and then copy and paste the errors registered in the log via a spoiler.

As far as the Greco-Cyrillic amalgam is concerned, yes I agree, I had deduced that, but it doesn't appear to actually say anything - it's just unintelligible gibberish. As if there was a corruption in the data, but that is how it appears straight-out of the archive upon completion of the download. Forgive the possible misnomers of any high-techy-techy nomenclature... as you've no doubt noticed, I'm something of an authority, on the subject of unintelligible gibberish...

Thanks again. Be back in a bit.

Edit:

02:50:49.012 [data.missing] [warning] Cannot find the portrait path: data/ui/orcs/portraits/portraits/young/rogues/000.tga, using the default culture path if it exists
    02:50:49.015 [data.missing] [warning] Cannot find the portrait path: data/ui/orcs/portraits/portraits/young/rogues/000.tga, using the default culture path if it exists
    02:50:49.016 [data.missing] [warning] Cannot find the portrait path: data/ui/orcs/portraits/portraits/young/princesses/000.tga, using the default culture path if it exists
    02:50:49.019 [data.missing] [warning] Cannot find the portrait path: data/ui/orcs/portraits/portraits/young/princesses/000.tga, using the default culture path if it exists
    02:50:49.032 [data.missing] [warning] Cannot find the portrait path: data/ui/orcs/portraits/portraits/young/heretics/000.tga, using the default culture path if it exists
    02:50:49.035 [data.missing] [warning] Cannot find the portrait path: data/ui/orcs/portraits/portraits/young/heretics/000.tga, using the default culture path if it exists
    02:50:49.037 [data.missing] [warning] Cannot find the portrait path: data/ui/orcs/portraits/portraits/young/witches/000.tga, using the default culture path if it exists
    02:50:49.039 [data.missing] [warning] Cannot find the portrait path: data/ui/orcs/portraits/portraits/young/witches/000.tga, using the default culture path if it exists
    02:50:49.042 [data.missing] [warning] Cannot find the portrait path: data/ui/orcs/portraits/portraits/young/inquisitors/000.tga, using the default culture path if it exists
    02:50:49.044 [data.missing] [warning] Cannot find the portrait path: data/ui/orcs/portraits/portraits/young/inquisitors/000.tga, using the default culture path if it exists
    02:50:49.074 [script.err] [warning] Trigger parsing warning in mods/americas/data/export_descr_character_traits.txt, at line 10688, column 23 :
    we should only have trait(Berserker) additional affects for triggers(Battle_Losing_Berserker)
    02:50:49.075 [script.err] [warning] Trigger parsing warning in mods/americas/data/export_descr_character_traits.txt, at line 10806, column 28 :
    we should only have trait(BattleChivalry) additional affects for triggers(battle3Chivalry_Dread_Not_fighting)
    02:50:49.075 [script.err] [warning] Trigger parsing warning in mods/americas/data/export_descr_character_traits.txt, at line 10807, column 25 :
    we should only have trait(BattleDread) additional affects for triggers(battle3Chivalry_Dread_Not_fighting)
    02:50:49.075 [script.err] [warning] Trigger parsing warning in mods/americas/data/export_descr_character_traits.txt, at line 10817, column 28 :
    we should only have trait(BattleChivalry) additional affects for triggers(battle3Chivalry_Dread_Routing)
    02:50:49.075 [script.err] [warning] Trigger parsing warning in mods/americas/data/export_descr_character_traits.txt, at line 10818, column 25 :
    we should only have trait(BattleDread) additional affects for triggers(battle3Chivalry_Dread_Routing)
    02:50:49.075 [script.err] [warning] Trigger parsing warning in mods/americas/data/export_descr_character_traits.txt, at line 10830, column 28 :
    we should only have trait(BattleChivalry) additional affects for triggers(battle3Chivalry_Dread_Routing2)
    02:50:49.075 [script.err] [warning] Trigger parsing warning in mods/americas/data/export_descr_character_traits.txt, at line 10831, column 25 :
    we should only have trait(BattleDread) additional affects for triggers(battle3Chivalry_Dread_Routing2)
    02:50:49.075 [script.err] [warning] Trigger parsing warning in mods/americas/data/export_descr_character_traits.txt, at line 10872, column 25 :
    we should only have trait(BattleDread) additional affects for triggers(battle3Dread_Let_Them_Go)
    02:50:49.088 [script.err] [warning] Trigger parsing warning in mods/americas/data/export_descr_character_traits.txt, at line 16392, column 27 :
    we should only have trait(GoodDenouncer) additional affects for triggers(hereticinit1_denouncerclear)
    02:50:49.088 [script.err] [warning] Trigger parsing warning in mods/americas/data/export_descr_character_traits.txt, at line 16400, column 26 :
    we should only have trait(BadDenouncer) additional affects for triggers(hereticinit1_denouncerclear_bad)
    02:50:49.088 [script.err] [warning] Trigger parsing warning in mods/americas/data/export_descr_character_traits.txt, at line 16408, column 25 :
    we should only have trait(StrongFaith) additional affects for triggers(hereticinit1_faithclear)
    02:50:49.088 [script.err] [warning] Trigger parsing warning in mods/americas/data/export_descr_character_traits.txt, at line 16416, column 22 :
    we should only have trait(Purifier) additional affects for triggers(hereticinit1_purifierclear)
    02:50:49.090 [script.err] [warning] Trigger parsing warning in mods/americas/data/export_descr_character_traits.txt, at line 17296, column 29 :
    we should only have trait(CrusaderHistory) additional affects for triggers(crusades_6)
    02:50:49.090 [script.err] [warning] Trigger parsing warning in mods/americas/data/export_descr_character_traits.txt, at line 17297, column 30 :
    we should only have trait(StrategyChivalry) additional affects for triggers(crusades_6)
    02:50:49.090 [script.err] [warning] Trigger parsing warning in mods/americas/data/export_descr_character_traits.txt, at line 17306, column 29 :
    we should only have trait(CrusaderHistory) additional affects for triggers(crusades_7)
    02:50:49.090 [script.err] [warning] Trigger parsing warning in mods/americas/data/export_descr_character_traits.txt, at line 17349, column 26 :
    we should only have trait(JihadHistory) additional affects for triggers(jihads_7)
    02:50:49.091 [script.err] [warning] Trigger parsing warning in mods/americas/data/export_descr_character_traits.txt, at line 17350, column 30 :
    we should only have trait(StrategyChivalry) additional affects for triggers(jihads_7)
    02:50:49.091 [script.err] [warning] Trigger parsing warning in mods/americas/data/export_descr_character_traits.txt, at line 17359, column 26 :
    we should only have trait(JihadHistory) additional affects for triggers(jihads_8)
    02:50:49.106 [data.missing] [warning] Failed to find ancillary image data/ui/ancillaries/scribe_ancillary.tga
    02:50:49.107 [data.missing] [warning] Failed to find ancillary image data/ui/ancillaries/security_religious.tga
    02:50:49.108 [data.missing] [warning] Failed to find ancillary image data/ui/ancillaries/security_religious.tga
    02:50:49.114 [script.err] [error] Script Error in mods/americas/data/export_descr_ancillaries.txt, at line 2850, column 43
    Building level name alchemists_lab not found as a level in building database
    02:50:49.114 [script.err] [error] Script Error in mods/americas/data/export_descr_ancillaries.txt, at line 2858, column 43
    Building level name alchemy_school not found as a level in building database
    02:50:49.115 [script.err] [error] Script Error in mods/americas/data/export_descr_ancillaries.txt, at line 2932, column 45
    Building level name library not found as a level in building database
    02:50:49.115 [script.err] [error] Script Error in mods/americas/data/export_descr_ancillaries.txt, at line 2939, column 44
    Building level name university not found as a level in building database
    02:50:49.115 [script.err] [error] Script Error in mods/americas/data/export_descr_ancillaries.txt, at line 2948, column 43
    Building level name theatre not found as a level in building database
    02:50:49.115 [script.err] [error] Script Error in mods/americas/data/export_descr_ancillaries.txt, at line 2958, column 43
    Building level name coaching_house not found as a level in building database
    02:50:49.115 [script.err] [error] Script Error in mods/americas/data/export_descr_ancillaries.txt, at line 2990, column 43
    02:50:49.115 [script.err] [error] Script Error in mods/americas/data/export_descr_ancillaries.txt, at line 2998, column 44
    02:50:49.115 [script.err] [error] Script Error in mods/americas/data/export_descr_ancillaries.txt, at line 3013, column 43
    Building level name artist_studio not found as a level in building database
    02:50:49.115 [script.err] [error] Script Error in mods/americas/data/export_descr_ancillaries.txt, at line 3021, column 44
    Building level name artist_studio not found as a level in building database
    02:50:49.115 [script.err] [error] Script Error in mods/americas/data/export_descr_ancillaries.txt, at line 3063, column 43
    Building level name tavern not found as a level in building database
    02:50:49.116 [script.err] [error] Script Error in mods/americas/data/export_descr_ancillaries.txt, at line 3073, column 43
    Building level name brothel not found as a level in building database
    02:50:49.116 [script.err] [error] Script Error in mods/americas/data/export_descr_ancillaries.txt, at line 3094, column 43
    02:50:49.116 [script.err] [error] Script Error in mods/americas/data/export_descr_ancillaries.txt, at line 3128, column 43
    02:50:49.116 [script.err] [error] Script Error in mods/americas/data/export_descr_ancillaries.txt, at line 3148, column 43
    Building level name brothel not found as a level in building database
    02:50:49.116 [script.err] [error] Script Error in mods/americas/data/export_descr_ancillaries.txt, at line 3191, column 43
    Building level name bimaristan not found as a level in building database
    02:50:49.116 [script.err] [error] Script Error in mods/americas/data/export_descr_ancillaries.txt, at line 3202, column 43
    Building level name alchemy_school not found as a level in building database
    02:50:49.116 [script.err] [error] Script Error in mods/americas/data/export_descr_ancillaries.txt, at line 3244, column 43
    Building level name printing_press not found as a level in building database
    02:50:49.116 [script.err] [error] Script Error in mods/americas/data/export_descr_ancillaries.txt, at line 3252, column 43
    02:50:49.117 [script.err] [error] Script Error in mods/americas/data/export_descr_ancillaries.txt, at line 3311, column 43
    Building level name explorers_guild not found as a level in building database
    02:50:49.117 [script.err] [error] Script Error in mods/americas/data/export_descr_ancillaries.txt, at line 3446, column 43
    Building level name jousting_lists not found as a level in building database
    02:50:49.117 [script.err] [error] Script Error in mods/americas/data/export_descr_ancillaries.txt, at line 3457, column 43
    Building level name library not found as a level in building database
    02:50:49.117 [script.err] [error] Script Error in mods/americas/data/export_descr_ancillaries.txt, at line 3468, column 43
    02:50:49.117 [script.err] [error] Script Error in mods/americas/data/export_descr_ancillaries.txt, at line 3487, column 45
    Building level name m_masons_guild not found as a level in building database
    02:50:49.117 [script.err] [error] Script Error in mods/americas/data/export_descr_ancillaries.txt, at line 3543, column 45
    Building level name swordsmiths_guild not found as a level in building database
    02:50:49.117 [script.err] [error] Script Error in mods/americas/data/export_descr_ancillaries.txt, at line 3566, column 42
    Building level name academy not found as a level in building database
    02:50:49.118 [script.err] [error] Script Error in mods/americas/data/export_descr_ancillaries.txt, at line 3576, column 42
    02:50:49.118 [script.err] [error] Script Error in mods/americas/data/export_descr_ancillaries.txt, at line 3633, column 43
    Building level name theatre not found as a level in building database
    02:50:49.118 [script.err] [error] Script Error in mods/americas/data/export_descr_ancillaries.txt, at line 3650, column 43
    Building level name explorers_guild not found as a level in building database
    02:50:49.118 [script.err] [error] Script Error in mods/americas/data/export_descr_ancillaries.txt, at line 3732, column 39
    02:50:49.118 [script.err] [error] Script Error in mods/americas/data/export_descr_ancillaries.txt, at line 3743, column 40
    Building level name bimaristan not found as a level in building database
    02:50:49.118 [script.err] [error] Script Error in mods/americas/data/export_descr_ancillaries.txt, at line 3760, column 40
    Building level name m_alchemists_guild not found as a level in building database
    02:50:49.118 [script.err] [error] Script Error in mods/americas/data/export_descr_ancillaries.txt, at line 3768, column 43
    Building level name theologians_guild not found as a level in building database
    02:50:49.118 [script.err] [error] Script Error in mods/americas/data/export_descr_ancillaries.txt, at line 3813, column 43
    02:50:49.119 [script.err] [error] Script Error in mods/americas/data/export_descr_ancillaries.txt, at line 3928, column 40
    Building level name horse_breeders_guild not found as a level in building database
    02:50:49.172 [system.io] [warning] open: mods/americas/data/text/export_prologue.txt.strings.bin is missing
    02:50:49.181 [system.io] [warning] open: mods/americas/data/text/export_prologue.txt is missing
    02:50:50.121 [system.io] [warning] open: mods/americas/data/text/cursor_action_tooltips.txt.strings.bin is missing
    02:50:50.121 [system.io] [warning] open: mods/americas/data/text/cursor_action_tooltips.txt is missing
    02:50:53.613 [system.io] [warning] open: mods/americas/data/text/FactionIntroSubTitles.txt.strings.bin is missing
    02:50:53.626 [system.io] [warning] open: mods/americas/data/text/FactionIntroSubTitles.txt is missing
    02:50:53.627 [system.io] [warning] open: data/text/FactionIntroSubTitles.txt.strings.bin is missing
    02:50:55.192 [system.io] [warning] open: mods/americas/data/loading_screen/loading_bar.tga.dds is missing
    02:50:55.198 [system.io] [warning] open: mods/americas/data/loading_screen/loading_logo.tga.dds is missing
    02:50:56.164 [system.io] [warning] open: mods/americas/data/loading_screen/loading_bar.tga.dds is missing
    02:50:56.770 [system.io] [warning] open: data/menu/symbols/FE_symbols_80/normans.tga is missing
    02:50:56.770 [system.io] [warning] open: data/menu/symbols/FE_faction_units/normans.tga is missing
    02:50:56.784 [system.io] [warning] open: data/menu/symbols/FE_symbols_80/saxons.tga is missing
    02:50:56.785 [system.io] [warning] open: data/menu/symbols/FE_faction_units/saxons.tga is missing
    02:50:56.796 [system.io] [warning] open: data/menu/symbols/FE_symbols_80/slave.tga is missing
    02:50:56.796 [system.io] [warning] open: data/menu/symbols/FE_faction_units/slave.tga is missing
    02:50:56.814 [system.io] [warning] open: data/menu/_M2_PROVINCIAL_CAMPAIGN_PANELS.TGA is missing
    02:50:56.834 [system.io] [warning] open: data/menu/_M2_MP_HISTORICAL_BATTLE_CHOOSE_TEAMS.TGA is missing
    02:50:56.920 [system.io] [warning] open: data/menu/TEXTURES/_M2_MAIN_MENU.TGA is missing
    02:50:57.212 [system.io] [warning] open: data/menu/buttons_composite2.tga.dds is missing
    02:50:57.224 [system.io] [warning] open: data/menu/slider_composite.tga.dds is missing
    02:50:57.225 [system.io] [warning] open: data/menu/slider_composite2.tga.dds is missing
    02:50:57.225 [system.io] [warning] open: data/menu/border_4pix_black_gold2.tga.dds is missing
    02:50:57.226 [system.io] [warning] open: data/menu/text_border.tga.dds is missing
    02:50:57.226 [system.io] [warning] open: data/menu/yellow_highlight.tga.dds is missing
    02:50:57.226 [system.io] [warning] open: data/menu/border_4pix_black_gold_selected.tga.dds is missing
    02:50:57.227 [system.io] [warning] open: data/menu/border_4pix_black_gold_black.tga.dds is missing
    02:50:57.227 [system.io] [warning] open: data/menu/_M2_Selection_Glow.tga.dds is missing
    02:50:57.228 [system.io] [warning] open: data/menu/unit_card.tga.dds is missing
    02:50:57.228 [system.io] [warning] open: data/menu/icons.tga.dds is missing
    02:51:05.678 [system.io] [warning] open: mods/americas/data/world/maps/campaign/imperial_campaign/map_aztecs.tga is missing
    02:51:05.705 [system.io] [warning] open: mods/americas/data/world/maps/campaign/imperial_campaign/map_normans.tga is missing
    02:51:05.715 [system.io] [warning] open: mods/americas/data/world/maps/campaign/imperial_campaign/map_slave.tga is missing
    02:51:08.712 [system.io] [warning] open: mods/americas/data/world/maps/campaign/imperial_campaign/map.rwm is missing
    02:51:08.753 [system.io] [warning] open: mods/americas/data/world/maps/campaign/imperial_campaign/descr_battle.txt is missing
    02:51:08.754 [system.io] [warning] open: mods/americas/data/world/maps/campaign/imperial_campaign/map.rwm is missing
    02:51:08.754 [system.io] [warning] open: mods/americas/data/world/maps/campaign/imperial_campaign/map.rbm is missing
    02:51:08.754 [system.io] [warning] open: mods/americas/data/world/maps/campaign/imperial_campaign/map.wfc is missing
    02:51:09.134 [data.missing] [warning] Cannot find the portrait path: data/ui/eastern_european/portraits/portraits/young/rogues/000.tga, using the default culture path if it exists
    02:51:09.134 [data.missing] [warning] Cannot find the portrait path: data/ui/eastern_european/portraits/portraits/young/rogues/000.tga, using the default culture path if it exists
    02:51:09.135 [data.missing] [warning] Cannot find the portrait path: data/ui/eastern_european/portraits/portraits/young/rogues/000.tga, using the default culture path if it exists
    02:51:09.135 [data.missing] [warning] Cannot find the portrait path: data/ui/eastern_european/portraits/portraits/young/rogues/000.tga, using the default culture path if it exists
    02:51:09.138 [script.err] [error] Script Error in mods/americas/data/world/maps/campaign/imperial_campaign/descr_strat.txt, at line 2721, column 36
    Could not find 2, in traits database
    02:51:09.139 [script.err] [error] Script Error in mods/americas/data/world/maps/campaign/imperial_campaign/descr_strat.txt, at line 2726, column 36
    Could not find 1, in traits database
    02:51:09.140 [script.err] [error] Script Error in mods/americas/data/world/maps/campaign/imperial_campaign/descr_strat.txt, at line 2731, column 36
    Could not find 3, in traits database
    02:51:09.140 [script.err] [error] Script Error in mods/americas/data/world/maps/campaign/imperial_campaign/descr_strat.txt, at line 2737, column 36
    02:51:09.141 [script.err] [error] Script Error in mods/americas/data/world/maps/campaign/imperial_campaign/descr_strat.txt, at line 2742, column 34
    02:51:09.209 [script.err] [error] Script Error in mods/americas/data/world/maps/campaign/imperial_campaign/descr_strat.txt, at line 6069, column 9
    The castle core building level should be EQUAL the settlement level!

02:51:09.252 [script.err] [error] Script Error in mods/americas/data/world/maps/campaign/imperial_campaign/descr_strat.txt, at line 8409, column 13
    fort positioned on an invalid tile.

I'd say that 98% of the dialogue is from the tweaked version I'm playing. But the last script.err (script errors?) is definitely, probably something I've done. Self-inflicted wounds are the worst. What's odd, is that I've noticed that these errors still register in the log, even if I don't add the forts to the descr_strat, but if I do add the forts, then it inevitably results in the CTM. The above code is just a fillet... I've attached the full log for context, just in case.

Thoughts? Thanks again, by the way.

02:51:09.252 [script.err] [error] Script Error in mods/americas/data/world/maps/campaign/imperial_campaign/descr_strat.txt, at line 8409, column 13
    fort positioned on an invalid tile.
    I just saw it. Don't know why it took me this long to see it, but yeah, there it is - right in front of me. LOL - Yeah, I have no idea what I'm doing! Thanks for your patient tutelage, Gigantus. (and, Makanyane.) I'll just position it, on a "valid" tile - that might help. I'm such an epic imbecile...

Post Edit: Just want to say, because of your tutelage and guidance, (and Makanyane) I've finally been able to test out the castles in my campaign and they indeed work perfectly. I am very happy by all this.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by Vythodias; November 02, 2015 at 12:54 PM. Reason: Typos

Blog Entries

The gibberish has a semi colon in front - which means that it was comment and not processed by the game, probably the full display name of the unit in the native language. Not sure exactly how the 'gibberish conversion' works, but I think your system tries to convert the value of the letter (check bottom left in the 'character map' application) into Latin symbols and ends up with special characters.

Greetings all!

Everything is working out just swimmingly, thanks again - Just a quick observation/follow-up question:

region Markarth_Province

farming_level 0
    famine_threat 0

fort 161 241 stone_fort_c culture northern_european ;Gildenheim
    What does, "farming_level 0, famine_threat 0" mean? I've noticed that not only can I ignore this, I can completely omit this line entirely and it has no effect - what does this do? Please, I'm hungry to learn. Thanks!

Edit: Also, is it at all possible to increase the LOS (Line of Sight) of the stone-watchtowers? As it is, they inevitably wind up clumping together, like a bunch of obnoxious tourists, and make the strat.map make look a wee bit absurd. So many towers... I feel like Oprah playing this mod... "you getta' a tower"... "you getta' tower"... "EVERYONE GETS A TOWER!" To offset this ridiculous appearance, is there a way to tweak or edit their LOS? Please advise. Thanks again everybody.
    Last edited by Vythodias; November 04, 2015 at 03:42 PM. Reason: Edit, and rant.

Blog Entries

What does, "farming_level 0, famine_threat 0" mean?
    It's a leftover from RTW and doesn't work in M2TW - nobody really bothered to test if I can be omitted.

is it at all possible to increase the LOS (Line of Sight) of the stone-watchtowers?
    Line of sight is hard coded as far as I know. Is th eAI placing them close together? As it is the AI hardly builds them to start with as apparently they really don't need them. The towers are however a favorite hang out for rebels: "Look there, a watch tower - let's have a party!" and once next to them disable the tower's line of sight.

Line of sight is hard coded as far as I know.
    I see... well, I suppose that makes a certain amount of sense. Unfortunately...

Is th eAI placing them close together?
    Ugh... Occasionally, but so far, I've been the habitual offender, OCD'ing making sure every nook and cranny has been exposed and the result is a comical circuit-board of veritable reconnaissance, that inevitably winds up making me feel very self conscious about my... apparently obsessive compulsion, of needing to build one every other tile. <- (hyperbole)

The towers are however a favorite hang out for rebels: "Look there, a watch tower - let's have a party!" and once next to them disable the tower's line of sight.
    I have been playing MT2W for years... Years! And, I've never noticed this... You teasing me? They have the ability to deactivate a tower that you've constructed? The cheeky buggers... I'll have to increase brigand spawning, (that's done in the descr_strat, I think) and put this to the test.

Blog Entries

A tip on placing watchtowers: I always start at a random spot right at my outermost border, go along the border and then go inward to cover the rest. After a while you get the 'hang' for the most effective distance between towers.
    Because of the 'party' behavior of the rebels do not place a tower too close to a road as they may block your trade as well.

Testing the party - simply pre-place a tower in one of your regions and place a stack of rebels 2-3 tiles away from it - then watch the rebels disappear once they get next to it.
    Sometimes for giggles (and to keep the rebels handy as training objects for my spies and assassins) I place a second tower relatively close to another (less then the possible movement of a rebel army) once a rebel army occupies it - that way they keep going from one tower to the other and you still see them, and they don't go anywhere else.
    Last edited by Gigantus; November 04, 2015 at 11:20 PM.

Further experimentation has revealed something of an inexplicable anomaly. It would appear that whenever I defend from a fort, they render successfully as stone-forts, however -- when I attack, they render as wooden-forts. I only just got around to attempting to re-take a fort that I had lost and thus, only just discovered this alternate dimension.

LOL - I think I may be cursed.

So... does anyone have any insight at all, as to why this might be happening? Because I am at a complete lack of ideas of how to proceed. Completely mystifying.

Blog Entries

I will have to test that one - first time I hear of it.

Little Rock's Avatar Foederatus

Hello I was wondering if someone could give me some direction please. I would like to know if it's possible to change the fort battle model to either a castle, fortress or city settlement model, I did find some earlier posts but they were in reference to using a fort as a settlement.
    If this is possible what files would I need to change or rename and where are they all located.

Blog Entries

This has to do with editing the battle models directly - you should get the necessary info in this forum.

Little Rock's Avatar Foederatus

Hi Gigantus

Much appreciated, thanks

Blog Entries

Default Re: The Grail of the seven Forts (How to get Stone Forts on the Battle Map)

Hi I might of missed it but can someone point out the download link. many thanks

also does anyone have the stone forts add on for retrofit mod. Thanks.