Page 29 of 364 FirstFirst ... 41920212223242526272829303132333435363738395479129 ... LastLast

Thread: MOS, the ultimate TATW experience. Version 1.7 Patch 05 (Hotfix) released: 25-08-2015

Stylix's Avatar MOS Team Member

Default Re: MOS, the ultimate TATW experience.. version 1.6.2 for Third Age 3.2 released 25th Dec.

Quote Originally Posted by NorthernRanger View Post
    Sorry for taking your time i just hate these kinds of bugs!
    It is no problem, that is my main purpose, fixing problems that I probably caused in the first place.
    I will try to include it in the bug fixer, but will have to wait until tomorrow to finish the coding and testing.
    MOS v1.6.2+ Bug fixer 30 Dec 2013

Default Re: MOS, the ultimate TATW experience.. version 1.6.2 for Third Age 3.2 released 25th Dec.

@Qba, Veteraan,
    thank you for your answers guys, the window mode is working now

@Bladvak,
    thank you for clearing that up. I guess it was the right move, forts indeed give huge advantage to the player. Oh, well, I still have RSII to use them

[QUOTE=Stylix;13519703]dIRECTOR reworked the elves and some of Gondor.
    He had really good reasons for what he did, but I can't remember them ATM...

Perhaps he will show up and give a detailed account.

I for one love the new elven armour (all three. Lorien now looks like it did in the movies.) As a Tolkien scholar I can say that plate armour at all was never really attributed to elves. (2-3 exceptions.) So that being said, I understand the movie lore option. (Saves from designing them from scratch.) Now for my 2 cents worth: A little respect would be, I am sure, much appreciated for the time @dIRECTOR put into this project. You can disagree/dislike/whatever, but at do not tear down his efforts. Anyway, Peace.

Although the plate and silly shields bug me (as with Arthohir I understand the borrowing from the movies), I like the silver armour better (though having Glorfindel with gold armoured elites was cool).

Icon6 Re: MOS, the ultimate TATW experience.. version 1.6.2 for Third Age 3.2 released 25th Dec.

Ok thank you all for your answeres :-)
    I will soon then try to install 1.6.2 again :-)
    How does the new economic system works that will prevent the massive spamming of full stacks armys from the AI?
    That was the only major setback with earlier versions of MOS for my own personal taste. So my question is does this new changes work or does the AI still spams massive armys of full stacks?

Quote Originally Posted by Veteraan View Post
    Did anybody succeed in upgrading HE villages after applying the bug fixer and starting a new campaign?
    Yes they are upgradeable.

Strangely enough, even though the bug fixer is supposed to be not savegame-compatible, it fixed this bug also for my 1.6.2 High Elven save (I couldn't resist loading it, 200+ turns of High Elven campaign lost would have been hard to deal with).

One suggestion I'd like to make, could you please integrate the link to the bug fixer on the first page? I, for example, only found it through Stylix's signature.

Hanti's Avatar Semisalis

Quote Originally Posted by ThaDoews View Post
    Do you have another download link for the two binaries? ;S
    I also have a problem with downloading MOS v1.6.2-1a.bin. Two other, smaller files went well.

Stylix's Avatar MOS Team Member

Thank you all for the positive feedback and encouragement1 :

I have received word from Tree Knee that the files will be hosted on his site in a few days at most.
    Sorry for the delay, but it is the holidays for many people and RL can be a real bother at times.

There is also a link to a torrent for downloading the files in my release post.
    Click on the link in my signature and it will take you to the post containing the link and if you use it be sure to rep Neaera for starting the torrent.
    MOS v1.6.2+ Bug fixer 30 Dec 2013

Melvasul's Avatar Biarchus

Hi there's a way to edit the number of soldiers to eliminate 2 soldiers?
    I'll explain.. if i put in the soldier line 100 I should have 250 soldier..but when I recruit it and when I use the soldier in custom battle I have 252 soldier..so i try to put 99 instead of 100 but the game gives me 249 soldiers..
    any help?

Senator

Quote Originally Posted by melwasul View Post
    Hi there's a way to edit the number of soldiers to eliminate 2 soldiers?
    I'll explain.. if i put in the soldier line 100 I should have 250 soldier..but when I recruit it and when I use the soldier in custom battle I have 252 soldier..so i try to put 99 instead of 100 but the game gives me 249 soldiers..
    any help?
    You notice the banner carrier and the officer ? That are the 2 additional soldiers

----
    I have problem when playing as Eridor :
    When I conquer the last OoG settlment the game crashes.
    Elder Scrolls Online :Messing up the Lore since 2007...

Well overhand or underhand: 3:50 Onwards...

Bladvak's Avatar Senator

I think you need to edit the number of officers in the unit to 0.
    most units have 1-2 officers and I do not recall any unit with 0 officers. if you do not receive a thorough answer on this, you might be better asking in the workshop/technical forum.
    Quote Originally Posted by Yomamashouse View Post
    I have one complaint - this mod is so engrossing that I have lost the ability to enjoy any other mods. I tried others and they never matched up to EB.

I think Foot needs to put a warning saying "You may wish to play other mods before playing this mod, as EB will destroy your ability to find other mods exciting and fulfilling".

Milo Forsyth, Transfiguration Professor at Hogwarts, Beyond Potter http://www.twcenter.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=1772

Melvasul's Avatar Biarchus

Quote Originally Posted by Sint View Post
    You notice the banner carrier and the officer ? That are the 2 additional soldiers
    So there's no a way to edit the number of soldier in way to have soldiers+officer+carrier=250? D:

hi
    i hope someone could
    teach me how to change unit sprite Draw distance
    obviously they have use another format of doing this so there are more than 3 number
    to tweak.

the mod defuet sprite range is little consevertive
    after all, this game engine is 5 year old at least

children why when loading scenario for fractions throws out on a desktop? in the left corner of the screen 1.6.2 there are also fights all work

Fights I work ------ there are also fights all work

Vossie's Avatar Decanus

Alright for everyone who's experiencing problems, here's a few solutions that should work.

* TATW + MOS 1.6.2: ( Non-Steam users )

1. Download TATW part 1 & 2
    2. Download TATW Patch 3.1 & Patch 3.2 ( All TATW files are located here. )
    3. Download MOS V1.6.2
    4. Download MOS V1.6.2 Patch - Bin 1 & Bin 2 ( All MOS files are located here. )
    5. Download MOS V1.6.2 Bug Fix #1 & Bug Fix #2. ( Link. Scroll down to Stylix post )
    6. Create a folder (Ex: TATW) on your desktop or where you please as long as it's not in your Medieval II folder.
    7. Put the MOS files in there. ( It's important that the MOS.exe, MOS Bin 1 & MOS Bin 2 files are together in a folder )
    8. Install TATW Part 1 & 2 ( It's advised that you install it at the default path. C:/Program Files(x86)/Sega/Medieval II )
    9. Install TATW Patch 3.1 & 3.2 ( It will probably show C:/Program Files(x86)/Sega as default path which is good. )
    10. Install MOS 1.6.2
    11. Install both Bug Fix #1 & Bug Fix #2. Note: Run Cleaner.bat after these patches as well. (Some people don't need to run the Cleaner.bat at all.)
    12. Run Cleaner.bat
    13. Launch the game & enjoy. ( Hopefully! If not, keep reading. )

For those who experience the Window Script Host error ( See image below ), there is a fix that worked for me. Copy & Paste your Medieval II Folder out of your Program Files(x86) folder. I copied mine to C:/Games/ . ( This also seems to fix launch errors for some players so if you have tried everything except for this, try it!! ) Other then being annoying the error itself shouldn't cause any problems while playing the game.

Small know bugfixes:
    Originally Posted by HHECTOR

I don't know if someone report this bug before, but Rohan battlehorn is with wrong sound, it's sounds like Mordor's horn. And also icon of horn in battlemap for Rohan units are in Mordor's style.

Try deleting the ...\Third_Age_3\data\ui\mesoamerican\interface\battlepage_03.tga file if it exists. This should correct the rally unit icon.

Other threads:

- Install Tutorial by Elvenkind. ( Also include detailed installation for Steam user's )
    - Installation of Multiple Mods tutorial. By Emperor of Hell.

Summarize:

- Daylight saving on ( Change date and time settings.. )
    - UAC ( Change User Account Control settings.. for details check link below)
    - Edit Security for your main Medieval II Total War folder ( Link by SigniferOne. Also includes info about UAC & VirtualStore)
    - Run Cleaner.bat
    - Copy & paste your Medieval II Folder out of Program Files (x86). Example: C:/Games/

Hope this will help some of you guys!

Regards,

Vossie
    Last edited by Vossie; December 30, 2013 at 03:45 PM.
    Imperium Romanum

I have a problem in that that throws out me at start of the card of game

Quote Originally Posted by Dero5555 View Post
    I have a problem in that that throws out me at start of the card of game
    Run Cleaner.bat file located in your M2TW/mods/ Folder where MOS is installed.
    American, French, Israeli and British government's ILLEGAL aggression against the Syrian people, without any proof for chemical attacks in Douma, and without waiting for OPCW to conduct their investigation..
    Sons of *******, leave that poor, war torn country in peace.
    If you are a citizen of one of these countries, then DO NOT ask any help from me on these forums, since, in protest against this aggression by your governments, I do not provide assistance/help anymore.
    Let Syria be finally in peace.

A video of false chemical attack in Douma, Syria, which led to Western illegal attacks.

I started

I pressed

fights starts but not the scenario card

doesn't help
    Last edited by Radzeer; December 30, 2013 at 06:03 PM.

I love the new patch, having a great time so far, but i did encounter one problem i cant seem to upgrade any villiges to the next level as any faction.