- TATW 3.2 require that you first have installed the base 3.0 and patch 3.1, before patching to 3.2.
- If you have installed a previous version of TATW (2.1 or older), it is recommended to delete the old version before installing TATW 3.2.
(Note that TATW doesn't change any registry settings of your system, so you can also delete the old TATW folder "Third_Age" manually.)
- TATW 3.2 requires the 'Medieval 2 - Kingdoms Expansion' and is compatible with the official patch 1.04 and 1.05. (One installed campaign of the 'Kingdoms Expansion' is enough)
Windows Vista, 7 and Windows 8 Users (both STEAM and NON STEAM M2TW Users):
Apply these three steps explained in pictures
BEFORE installing TATW:
a) Edit Security for you main M2TW folder/ or take Ownership of your main M2TW folder ( Both STEAM and NON STEAM M2TW Users need to do This step )
b) Unhide hidden folders ( NON STEAM M2TW Users need to do This step )
c) Check your VirtualStore folder for Medieval 2 Total War folder, and delete it if you find it there! ( NON STEAM M2TW Users need to do This step )
TATW_3.0_Part1of2.exe & TATW_3.0_Part2of2.exe &
into the default "Medievall II Total War" directory.
(Normally this is: "Programs/SEGA/
Medieval II Total War
If you have installed Medieval II into another folder, please select the folder manually.
Best thing to do is:
a) open your main M2TW folder, right mouse click in the Address Bar and press: Copy address as text.
b) And then replace the Default Installation path in ALL FOUR TATW Installers with this one you have just copied ( Copy address as text ):
just select the Default installation path, right mouse click and press PASTE to replace it with the location of YOUR main M2TW Folder .
- Start the mod with the 'Third Age - Total War' shortcut on your desktop
Additional installation instructions only for Steam users:
Creating a World - Mod Install for Steam
Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 1. Install all parts of the mod as instructed above.
2. Open "Steam/Steamapps/Common/Medieval II Total War/ mods". There you
will find all your installed Kingdoms campaigns as well as the
3. Edit the name of one of the Kingdoms folders (americas, britannia,
crusades, teutonic), preferably your least favorite campaign. The new
name doesn't have to be anything specific.
4. Change the name of the "Third_Age_3" folder to the former name of the
Kingdoms folder you just edited. For example, if you edited the
"americas" folder, the "Third_Age_3" folder should be named "americas".
5. Select the appropriate campaign from the steam menu. If you renamed
the "Third_Age_3" folder to "americas", select the americas campaign. If you
named it "crusades", select the crusades campaign and so on.
6. Steam will now launch the mod.
If you have installed 3.0 or 3.1 and renamed your folders before you have installed the 3.2 Patch:
- If you have already renamed the "Third_Age_3" folder to one of your 'Kingdoms' campaigns (for example to "americas") install the patch normally.
- After the installation, move the files of the newly created "Third_Age_3" folder to the renamed folder manually.
(For example cut the content of the "text" folder from the newly created "Third_Age_3" folder and paste it into the "text" folder of your "americas" folder.)
Note : The "models_missile" folder has to be copied to the normal ".../Medieval II Total War/
- The "Third_Age" folder can now be deleted.
Alternatively you can use the
Kingdoms Launcher App
Installation instructions for Windows 7 and Vista, XP Non-Steam users:
before installing TATW, run all TATW installers as Administrator.
Installation instructions for Mac users:
Spoiler Alert, click show to read:
Medieval 2 Total War Wrapper
from Paul the Tall and install it according to his instructions
-Download TATW 3.0 Pt1 and 2 & Patch 3.1
-Right click your Medieval 2 wrapper icon and show package contents
-Drop the TATW .exe's into c:
-Open Wineskin from within the wrapper
-Advanced -> Set executable to TATW Pt. 1 -> Done -> Exit Wineskin
-Double click Medieval 2 wrapper - the TATW install program will start -> Install TATW
-Repeat for TATW Pt. 2 & Patch 3.1
-Open wineskin and set executable to the Third Age.bat file in the mods folder of Medieval 2 folder in drive c: within the wrapper contents.
-Double Click Medieval 2 Wrapper and enjoy.