Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Bugs, Glitches and Tech Support

Default Bugs, Glitches and Tech Support

If you are having any issues with the mod once you have played, or encounter any crashes or bugs, please post here!

Default Re: Bugs, Glitches and Tech Support

JMJ -

Mid game as Rome, game keeps crashing. Seems to happen when I am looking at Greece on the map. It doesn't seem to be when I issue a command. Usually a command is ending I think though.

Barkhorn1x's Avatar Biarchus

So, how does one report bugs to Feral?

I have identified one definite and one maybe (but very likely):

1. Saved game names on the Saved games screen are not deleted after you delete the saved files from their folder. Not a huge issue but who needs the clutter and who wants to have to delete each one via the menu screen?

2. Gaining Experience = Rarely happens - as in almost never - after a battle and we've not noted this behavior in other TW titles. I just had a Principe unit kill 220+ Gauls with no experience bump - that isn't right.
    "Après moi le déluge"

Not sure if this is a RIS issue or a RTW-R issue but it seems that after playing for about 30-40 years the Family Tree gets so wide that my mouse stop scrolling left or right and only goes up or down. This is not very helpful when trying to figure out who is having kids and who isn't. Anyone else see this problem?

Otherwise, aside from the occasional post-battle CTD which was always an issue, the mod is remarkably stable but the Family Tree scrolling thing is a new one for me!

I find that R.I.S. is much harder to run that R.T.W.R.

Can anybody shed light on this issue. Should it be the case?

-G.

-
    G. Ward

apple's Avatar Searching for 42

It is. We have less lods aka level of detail models among more textures, high resolutions etc etc.
    Son of Legio
    Father of Paedric & Remlap
    Roma Surrectum II, Ages of Darkness II, Rome Total Realism & RTR: Imperium Surrectum Developer

Mundus Bellicus - TWC - ModDB - Discord - Steam

Game crashed: Message read: descr_cultures.txt - line16, column1 "cultures"
    Help needed. Can not play

Quote Originally Posted by Fridericus Rex View Post
    Game crashed: Message read: Q:\Feral\Steam\Workshop\2487698001/data/descr_cultures.txt - line16, column1 "cultures"
    Help needed. Can not play

Maurits's Avatar ЯTR

You need to opt in to the Rome Remastered beta patch 2.0.4 in the Steam launcher as instructed. I have copied the info here for your convenience:

To play RTR: Imperium Surrectum 0.3, you need to select the public_beta_2.0.4 Beta version of Rome Remastered!

In order to opt in to the Rome Remastered 2.0.4 Beta:

• Right-click on Total War: ROME REMASTERED in your Steam library
    • Click Properties and click the Betas tab
    • In the drop-down menu, select the public_beta_2.0.4 option
    • Close the window and your build will automatically update

RTR: Imperium Surrectum Team Member
    My AAR: For Glory and the Republic!

Proud to be patronized by ybbon66

It seems as if the screen has gotten terribly dark - and it seems to have happened after RIS 3.1 because I did not notice it in the day or so that 3.0 was active.

It is almost like perpetual night.

Maurits's Avatar ЯTR

If you open graphical options, there is a campaign-map post-effect slider, putting it to '0' and fiddling around with some of the other settings should help. We hope to resolve this issue in an upcoming second hotfix patch.

Thanks, I'll give it a shot. I never know what any of that stuff is.

I did go into my video card controls and increase the brightness and contrast but that had a negative effect on the rest of my computer!

Perfect, Maurits. Although I did have to go back in and undo the changes I made to my video card.

One other question, if I may. The export_units text file does not seem to work. For example, the roman_city_militia is identified in both the Unit Card and on screen as "Samnite Hoplites." Yet, I cannot find Samnite Hoplites anywhere in the files.

In Samnium I suppose this makes some sense but not in Eturia.

How do you change the screen name of units. BTW, this is the only one I have noticed thusfar that does not work. But I even changed some of the figures in EDU for the miltia and those changes are reflected... in the Hoplites.

Maurits's Avatar ЯTR

I meant the brightness etc in-game, in the graphics options menu where you also found the post-effect slider

In Rome Remastered, many of the old text files are overruled by new .strings files. In the 'string overrides' folder you will find a file called 'en.strings' (use a program like Notepad++ to be able to open it), this contains the unit names that show up in-game as well as their descriptions. In this specific case, I believe they are called 'Samnite Milites', who are an Italic unit present at game start and as mercenary but replaced straight away by the Italic (Allied) versions of Hastati, Principes, and Triarii. We are looking into expanding the early Italic units at the moment, though, so there is more to come in future on that front!

No, the problem was that with the changes I made to the video card settings the game was suddenly much TOO bright. Practically fried my eyes. Setting the video card back to normal solved the problem and also stopped messing up the rest of my computer.

Sneaky on the string files! But thanks for the tip.

Everything seems to be working except...."pink trees on the battle map?" I'm going to go out on a limb and guess that is not what you intended!

Barkhorn1x's Avatar Biarchus

Quote Originally Posted by bob01 View Post
    Everything seems to be working except...."pink trees on the battle map?" I'm going to go out on a limb and guess that is not what you intended!
    Pink objects mean textures are missing.
    "Après moi le déluge"

apple's Avatar Searching for 42

The pink trees are something we are working on fixing. You can download a file from our discord and fix it manually already. Should be patched soon enough.
    Son of Legio
    Father of Paedric & Remlap
    Roma Surrectum II, Ages of Darkness II, Rome Total Realism & RTR: Imperium Surrectum Developer

Mundus Bellicus - TWC - ModDB - Discord - Steam

Thanks. I'll just hang with it until the patch comes out. I've kind of gotten used to pink and Discord and I just don't seem to get along!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast