Thread: Immigrant Buildings

Default Immigrant Buildings

I've always these are a cool addition to the building options, but I've never found myself using them. When do you guys find they are the most useful? The most obvious time I can think of is when you want more foreign pop, but I tend to use delicatessens and traders for that.

Default Re: Immigrant Buildings

I tend to use 'em as cheaper garrisons in later game. They provide 2 defence units for cheap food cost. Mostly using on border frontiers and I try do one for each bordering culture just for roleplay and building variety reasons.

Semisalis

They are not worth it. Just don't build them, except that for roleplaying purposes.

Yeah they’re rather weewee. Would be cool if they let you recruit the garrison units they provide as aor or something, or increased those units aor caps (though I doubt this is possible). A good concept nonetheless though

Yeah they’re rather weewee. Would be cool if they let you recruit the garrison units they provide as aor or something, or increased those units aor caps (though I doubt this is possible). A good concept nonetheless though

That's actually a really cool idea Livin.

That industry and trade bonus ain't too shabby when used with those custom harbors for some cities, like Rhodes or Alexandria and the eastern level4 bazaar/trade bonuses. But there are few hidden gems like;

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

..that with combination of few other buildings allows you to recruit stuff like this ( yea it's bit OP I think );

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Jake Armitage's Avatar Artifex
    Patrician

holy crap
    what monitor do you have? what's the resolution?
    seems like it could occupy the whole room's wall...

Heh, I made the 4k leap few yrs ago and got one of these dirt cheap; https://www.rtings.com/monitor/reviews/samsung/ue590 ..I think it was like 230 euros or something.

Well I have never wanted a 4k monitor more, looks gorgeous. Good points though, it would be really cool if the immigrant buildings let you recruit aor units from your 3rd class, as your welcoming them into your city and perhaps as citizens, but balancing that would be tough.

Never thought of it from a RP perspective, that is a real sell for me, especially in border regions. Since that add different cultures as well it really simulates the cultural tension that would be happening.

I agree they could be more appealing. I tried to add special bonuses/units to them based on the culture type to make them a bit more interesting.

The main reason I originally created these is because I could (I know, not a great reason). I liked the idea for RP value and just for flavor and because I had previously created custom building slots depending on the region many years before that were not used. These slots had been used for the resource buildings but not for any special local buildings. So, this was the idea that I came up with to utilize them and add some more interesting options based on the region.

----> Website -- Patreon -- Steam -- Forums -- Youtube -- Facebook <----

L.ANNIVS's Avatar Foederatus
    Over there, by the river and the hills...

Anyways, better having them in game than not.

Quote Originally Posted by Dresden View Post
    I agree they could be more appealing. I tried to add special bonuses/units to them based on the culture type to make them a bit more interesting.

The main reason I originally created these is because I could (I know, not a great reason). I liked the idea for RP value and just for flavor and because I had previously created custom building slots depending on the region many years before that were not used. These slots had been used for the resource buildings but not for any special local buildings. So, this was the idea that I came up with to utilize them and add some more interesting options based on the region.
    Just throwing this out there as an idea: lock some of the elite AOR units in certain regions to this chain (maybe just level 1 or 2) instead of the main city chain, to give players more of a reason to build them. Not sure if it's a good idea, but I'll see if I can think of other things to do with these buildings...

Quote Originally Posted by Augustusng View Post
    Just throwing this out there as an idea: lock some of the elite AOR units in certain regions to this chain (maybe just level 1 or 2) instead of the main city chain, to give players more of a reason to build them. Not sure if it's a good idea, but I'll see if I can think of other things to do with these buildings...
    Or let us recruit elite units from client states that share that specific culture

Dago Red's Avatar Primicerius
    "Great is the guilt of an unnecessary war" ~John Adams

Good ideas to improve them,but I for one often use them to increase foreign population (and if i recall they help calm things down to a degree with some other positive benefit). There are many times there are simply not enough foreigners and I'm expanding into regions specifically to incorporate the people there into my army. I don't play as lamer Rome though, it makes much more sense with other factions.

How I would like it to be is - that you could recruit units from it the same way that city is subjugated ( with exotic animal pens/horse/barracks ). You can add some extra cost/time for recruitment and more upkeep.