Thread: cursus honorum

Titus Pullo 777's Avatar Foederatus

Default cursus honorum

Salve!

I'm slowly playing the main campaign for my perfect historical feeling. My campaign has been running for 316 rounds! Now I noticed as a republic that suddenly there is no longer a correct cursus honorum. No more consuls, censors or praetors appear. Also, I can no longer carry out appropriate promotions myself. I play DEI without any submods. Is this problem known? Can I do something about it? Thank you for your help guys.
    Last edited by Leonardo; February 02, 2020 at 04:30 PM. Reason: Text size removed.

Default Re: cursus honorum

I am not as far along in the campaign as you are, but I have not noticed this issue in my current campaign.

Jake Armitage's Avatar Artifex
    Patrician

I know people that have played till 600 turns (with submods) and never reported this weird issue.
    There is absolutely nothing in the vanilla game that should limit these things.
    Attach the savegame (if you wish) and I'll have a look.

Quote Originally Posted by Jake Armitage View Post
    I know people that have played till 600 turns (with submods) and never reported this weird issue.
    There is absolutely nothing in the vanilla game that should limit these things.
    Attach the savegame (if you wish) and I'll have a look.
    hello Jack

Thank you for your answer. I guess in my case it will be because my campaign is in November
    started and then came an update from DEI. I also switched to Windows 10 in January
    and then transferred my game status from the cloud. Maybe something broke.

How exactly does it work with attaching the savegame? I haven't tried that yet.

Thanks for your help and this wonderful mod !!!

Patrician

2 ways to upload something

1) you zip the savegame file and upload to TWC thanks to one of the "Go Advanced" options (chech bottom right of the post panel)
    2) you upload it in some site (like mediafire/mega/whatever) and the put the link in the post

google it to search where the savegames are, you'll find the folder path and how to make visible the folder you need

Just a note, that after a certain point you can't purchase ranks anymore. They have to be earned through age/battles.

----> Website -- Patreon -- Steam -- Forums -- Youtube -- Facebook <----

I checked the local files again yesterday for errors and then reinstalled the game and the mod. Now it works again. Thank's for your feedback!

Quote Originally Posted by Dresden View Post
    Just a note, that after a certain point you can't purchase ranks anymore. They have to be earned through age/battles.
    Sure,

There's this limitation I recall in rank 4 or 5 that above that you cannot purchase anymore uppgrades. This is vanilla restriction and cannot be modded?

What comes to script that triggers ranks, ther's only two variables in triggers. Age and succesfull battles count, both must apply in terms: "if age X AND battles_won Y, then script rank Z" Now, it would be nice to have them trigger for politic persons also, saying, characters that dwell in town. Maybe age + certain skill levels and % change to have that rank. Don't know if theres this "chance %" variable via scripting, seen it in ancillary script recently but not sure if it can be applied to political rank?

Patrician

I don't see any restriction besides general's age and rank (I thought they were obvious since they should be described in the tooltip's text). I don't really think there is a battle threshold.
    If you try with this PIGS cheat pack (where you can enact freely any political button) you'll see that you can hit the max cursus honorum in 1 turn (the cheat pack also modded both age and rank).
    You should be able to use the cheat pack without having PIGS, I think.
    https://www.mediafire.com/file/5jtlp...PIGS.pack/file

The political intrigues are a sort of hardcoded events, meaning that an hardcoded script (specific for every intrigue) is triggered as soon as you push the button.
    I've tried to change this behaviour (for example by assigning a different event outcome to the political event itself) but had no luck, I think they are simply hardcoded and that there is not much doable (except the things I've modded through PIGS).

Can you build a new scripted system for them? Well, yes and no. The main problem is that in Rome 2 you can't directly assign effects to characters, you can only do that through armies meaning that it is impossible to give effects to non deployed characters (only through cdir events but the possibilites for linking scripts and cdir events aren't 360° degrees wide)

You can roll dices simply by doing something similar (DeI used to have a dice rolls system for a couple of features but since rolls aren't MP friendly Dresden decided to remove them).
    I'm using them in a lot of scripts (down below I've extracted the script assigning random incidents to the political promotion intrigue)
    Code:
    -- 000---------------------
    --******* Current script and concepts modded by: Jake Armitage and ivanpera from TWC
    --******* Mod "PIGS INTRIGUES" - for DeI
    --******* November 2019
    -- 000---------------------

module(..., package.seeall)
    _G.main_env = getfenv(1);

-- ###------------------------- START *******
    -- LIBRARIES REQUIRED  ---------------------------------------------------------------------
    -- ###-------------------------

events = require "data.lua_scripts.events"
    require "data.lua_scripts.lib_export_triggers"
    require "data.lua_scripts.politics"

-- ###---------------------------------- END*

-- RANDOMSEED  ---------------------------------------------------------------------

local function PIGS_Intr_CallMathRandom(cont) 
    local i = cont;
        while ( i > 0 ) 
        do
        math.random(1,100);
        i = i - 1;
        end
    end

local function PIGS_Intr_Random_seed(context)
        if context:faction():is_human() == true
        then        
        faction_name = context:faction():name();
        math.randomseed(os.clock());
        end
    end

-- TRIGGER DECLARATIONS  ---------------------------------------------------------------------

--########################
    --######## GREEN INTRIGUES
    --########################

-- *** PROMOTE POLITICIAN

events.CharacterPoliticalPromotion[#events.CharacterPoliticalPromotion+1] =
    function (context)

if conditions.FactionIsHuman(context)
        then
        local random_number = math.random(1, 100)

if random_number >= 1 and random_number <= 2
            then
            scripting.game_interface:trigger_custom_incident(tostring(faction_name), "PIGS_Intr_PoliticalPromotion_inc_-3_VB_pop")

elseif random_number >= 3 and random_number <= 4
            then
            scripting.game_interface:trigger_custom_incident(tostring(faction_name), "PIGS_Intr_PoliticalPromotion_inc_-3_VB_mil")

elseif random_number >= 5 and random_number <= 6
            then
            scripting.game_interface:trigger_custom_incident(tostring(faction_name), "PIGS_Intr_PoliticalPromotion_inc_-3_VB_rul")

elseif random_number >= 7 and random_number <= 8
            then
            scripting.game_interface:trigger_custom_incident(tostring(faction_name), "PIGS_Intr_PoliticalPromotion_inc_-3_VB_oth")

elseif random_number >= 9 and random_number <= 15
            then
            scripting.game_interface:trigger_custom_incident(tostring(faction_name), "PIGS_Intr_PoliticalPromotion_inc_-2_B_oth")

elseif random_number >= 16 and random_number <= 30
            then
            scripting.game_interface:trigger_custom_incident(tostring(faction_name), "PIGS_Intr_PoliticalPromotion_inc_-1_SB_oth")

elseif random_number >= 31 and random_number <= 70
            then
            scripting.game_interface:trigger_custom_incident(tostring(faction_name), "PIGS_Intr_PoliticalPromotion_inc_0_AV")

elseif random_number >= 71 and random_number <= 85
            then
            scripting.game_interface:trigger_custom_incident(tostring(faction_name), "PIGS_Intr_PoliticalPromotion_inc_1_SG_oth")

elseif random_number >= 86 and random_number <= 92
            then
            scripting.game_interface:trigger_custom_incident(tostring(faction_name), "PIGS_Intr_PoliticalPromotion_inc_2_G_oth")

elseif random_number >= 93 and random_number <= 94
            then
            scripting.game_interface:trigger_custom_incident(tostring(faction_name), "PIGS_Intr_PoliticalPromotion_inc_3_VG_pop")

elseif random_number >= 95 and random_number <= 96
            then
            scripting.game_interface:trigger_custom_incident(tostring(faction_name), "PIGS_Intr_PoliticalPromotion_inc_3_VG_mil")

elseif random_number >= 97 and random_number <= 98
            then
            scripting.game_interface:trigger_custom_incident(tostring(faction_name), "PIGS_Intr_PoliticalPromotion_inc_3_VG_rul")

elseif random_number >= 99 and random_number <= 100
            then
            scripting.game_interface:trigger_custom_incident(tostring(faction_name), "PIGS_Intr_PoliticalPromotion_inc_3_VG_oth")

end
        end    
    end

-- CALLBACKS ---------------------------------------------------------------------

scripting.AddEventCallBack("FactionTurnStart", PIGS_Intr_Random_seed);
    scripting.AddEventCallBack("FactionTurnEnd", PIGS_Intr_Random_seed);

Keep in mind that the RANDOMSEED function (and its callbacks) are 100% necessary, otherwise the randomness will always have the same path.
    You can use this template outside "event scripts", you can use dice rolls for any type of script.

Inside "local random_number = math.random(1, 100)" you can put the range you want (I think they must be integer numbers though).
    For example (in the kill script) I've used a 1000 dice to have 0,X% probability: "local random_number = math.random(1, 1000)"
    Last edited by Jake Armitage; January 31, 2020 at 10:51 AM.

Leonardo's Avatar Reborn Old Timer

Quote Originally Posted by Jake Armitage View Post
    google it to search where the savegames are, you'll find the folder path and how to make visible the folder you need
    Or using Windows Explorer will also find where the gamesaves folder by searching for "*.<Rome2TW gamesave file extension>" (type *.esf to search for the StartPos.esf files) without quotes.
    Under patronage of General Brewster of the Imperial House of Hader.

How to make Morrowind less buggy for new players - Of course every player may find it useful.