Page 23 of 24 FirstFirst ... 131415161718192021222324 LastLast

Thread: Kingdoms Grand Campaign Mod 5.0 - Steam compatible

Default Re: Kingdoms Grand Campaign Mod 5.0 - Steam compatible

Might I suggest removing the dismounted archers then? as France you have access to both Scots guard and Aventuriers by that point and I feel as if the Unit space could be used in future for something else!

I was also wondering, do you know exactly how many unit spaces are still available? I'm looking into adding the Saxons into the campaign for personal use and i wanted to know just how much leeway i have with regards to units (without needing to count them all out by hand haha!).

As always, than you for working on this mod

Kind regards,
    Kingdomswoop

crazyroman's Avatar Artifex

Quote Originally Posted by Kingdomswoop View Post
    Might I suggest removing the dismounted archers then? as France you have access to both Scots guard and Aventuriers by that point and I feel as if the Unit space could be used in future for something else!

I was also wondering, do you know exactly how many unit spaces are still available? I'm looking into adding the Saxons into the campaign for personal use and i wanted to know just how much leeway i have with regards to units (without needing to count them all out by hand haha!).

As always, than you for working on this mod

Kind regards,
    Kingdomswoop
    If i'm not mistaken, KGCM, it's latest version, has 498 units in the EDU file. I don't remember if Delphor added any new units in his patches, so if he didn't you can add 2 more units to reach the 500 limit. Also, there is a way to count how many units are in the EDU file with Notepad++. You press CTRL+F, then write ownership in "find the" and the you select counting button. That's the way i use at least. Good luck.

Ahh that easy! I always miss these things I swear, thank you for letting me know and for the luck haha!

I will have a look through, even if the French archers are not removed for the main version I think I will remove them in mine just to free up the space. (Saxons have 3 units that are unique to them I believe).

Some things I have noticed while going through this is that the Timurids and the Papal states do not have the royal regalia or royal banners of other factions, so I have been adding them in for consistency (if you would like these items I am more than happy to oblige!) I have also noticed that there are a few settlements that do not give any form of governance ancillary and have been trying to add them where possible.

Another thing is that recruitment for certain factions feels slightly off, an example would be say the Egyptians, who gain all their cavalry from both the castle line of buildings and and their stables, but there is little point to building the stables as the castle line gives more of their best units and the stable gives roughly the same amount, or the Seljuks who have only 1 Turkish horse archer throughout their stable line until their final level which gives them 2, meanwhile turkomans fluctuate between 3 at their highest when they are first made available, to 2 at the highest level. I assume that there is likely similar inconsistences with other factions as well but I have not yet checked extensively.

Would anybody be interested in a possible fix for this? I could go through each factions availability and make it so that the buildings have a bit more incentive and flavour for each level but I don't want to assume that it is something that is actually in need of being fixed.

Kind regards,
    Kingdomswoop

I'm not sure what you mean by the Timurids/Papal States missing banners, but if you find something missing and fix it please let me know so I can add it to the next patch, that would be great!

The units unlocked for all factions is intentional at this point, and done for balance reasons/to make sure every faction can recruit all of its units at the appropriate tier/to match base medieval 2 kingdoms recruitment (though not always). Stables add to the recruitment of castles (e.g. if a castle has max recruitment pool of 2 and a stables of 1 then it will be 3). It can effectively start out at 3 at the beginning of a campaign if a castle has a basic stables, which adds to the castle's max of 2 to make 3. Castles unlock new units as the settlement levels up, and stables are generally meant to just increase the recruitment speed of your cavalry line, not add anything new until the highest tiers are reached.

Ahh i get you, i guess its just weird because you get things at odd times, like the varangian guard in med 2 crusades come form the barracks line not the city, and you can recruit 4 of them, but, if it is for balance reasons then i get it, just a bit odd to look at. but there are still alot of weird instances, like i mentioned turkomans fluctuating between 3 and four seems unintentional, and for instance in wales, you unlock Saethweyr before you unlock welsh javelins, obvs not a massive issue, just one i thought to mention.

the banners i am talking about are the ancillaries given to each faction at game start, ive just been making some for them.

Kind regards,
    Kingdomswoop

Saethwyr are recruited before the Welsh Skirmishers so you get them at the same time as the English get Longbowmen, so the Welsh can retain a ranged advantage.

I have no clue why your varangian guard are coming from the barracks 4 at a time, they should only be recruitable in high level cities (I just tested to be sure). Maybe delete your kgcm folder and replace it with the patch in the next update?

I really like the strategy map of this mod. Tell me, please, where is it from, in what mods is there such a thing? Or is it an exclusive map?

crazyroman's Avatar Artifex

Quote Originally Posted by fty View Post
    I really like the strategy map of this mod. Tell me, please, where is it from, in what mods is there such a thing? Or is it an exclusive map?
    Hi. Dave said in a thread in this forum (i think it was the 3.0 release thread), that it uses the Bigmap, but he added regions to it too. So, it's an exclusive map i guess, not sure. Maybe Gigantus can answer more specific.

Deep into an HRE campaign, I've noticed CASTLES etc. have relatively low public order, as opposed to earlier iterations. What gives?

Gigantus's Avatar I am not special - I am a limited edition.
    Patrician took an arrow to the knee spy of the council

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by crazyroman View Post
    Hi. Dave said in a thread in this forum (i think it was the 3.0 release thread), that it uses the Bigmap, but he added regions to it too. So, it's an exclusive map i guess, not sure. Maybe Gigantus can answer more specific.
    Your guess is as good as mine - I merely repacked the original.

Quote Originally Posted by Holy Crow View Post
    Deep into an HRE campaign, I've noticed CASTLES etc. have relatively low public order, as opposed to earlier iterations. What gives?
    Comparing the SOF values in descr_settlement_mechanics with vanilla shows only one change in the 'distance to capital' value which was reduced from 1.0 to 0.1, eg a lower impact.

Hi, can anyone pass me the files for:
    - no AI garrison spawn when I besieging
    - a correct "export_descr_buildings" with all units recrutable like in Medieval Total War vanilla
    then the mod wil be perfect

I tried to modify the files manually but I failed miserabily and the game not working

Thanks

Foederatus

Does anyone know why my battle UI is missing (blank/white spots) ? The post-install file check turned out positive. In vanilla the problem does not occur.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	kingdoms.jpg 
Views:	7 
Size:	74.4 KB 
ID:	369245

EDIT: Fixed by installing 5.0.002
    Last edited by LCK91; July 22, 2023 at 02:14 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Presciencer View Post
    Hi, can anyone pass me the files for:
    - no AI garrison spawn when I besieging
    - a correct "export_descr_buildings" with all units recrutable like in Medieval Total War vanilla
    then the mod wil be perfect

I tried to modify the files manually but I failed miserabily and the game not working

Thanks
    Here, at least, is the garrison script...campaign_script.txtcampaign-script READ ME.txt

Hello everyone,

This should be the newest update link. Please be sure to use it. I've been seeing some bugs that were fixed a long time ago, and can only assume (and hope) it's because users weren't using the newest version:
    https://www.mediafire.com/file/hrtvj.../kgcm6.7z/file

Also, in terms of changes, as stated before, while I dislike the garrison script I will not remove it since it would feel like seriously changing how Dave intended the mod to work. Furthermore, there are 499(?) units out of the 500 slots, I believe, so people could add one more if they really wanted to.

Please let me know if there are any new bugs people encounter, and I'll see what I can do!

- Delphor

Gigantus's Avatar I am not special - I am a limited edition.
    Patrician took an arrow to the knee spy of the council

Blog Entries

Marvelous stuff!

I have updated the link in the 'patch' post and also added a date in case of queries.

Corrected the location of some resources on the map in accordance with reality and common sense.

Download:
    https://www.mediafire.com/file/2lj7g...31001.zip/file

Mirror:
    https://mega.nz/file/YhkR0Y5Z#nLW8XH...pqLHYcey_9HbrM

Requirements:
    -Kingdoms Grand Campaign Mod 5.0 + Patch 5.0.002;
    -Delphor patch (1.13GB) by Delphor (6th Aug 2023).

Installation:
    1. Install Kingdoms Grand Campaign Mod 5.0.
    2. Install Patch 5.0.002.
    3. Install Delphor patch (6th Aug 2023)
    4. Install this fix - extract the contents of the archive and replace all files when asked.

Default Re: Kingdoms Grand Campaign Mod 5.0 - steam compatible

can u make it so when i marry my muslim princess to another faction general/prince that the kids have the same last name as their father? the game just generates random last names for the kids, also it would be so cool if u could change the character portraits so the kids have the culture portrait of their father. (e.g. if i marry my moor princess to a portuguese general/prince, the kids have the same portrait type as their portuguese father).

Hi all. Thanks for the repacks and the updates guys. I've played Medieval 2 for a long time, since 2009 or so, but I'm actually quite new to the modding scene. Yes, a miracle to stick to the vanilla experience for so long lol.

Anyway, I do have a question. Have you changed any of the unit's original stats aside from Venetian Heavy Infantry as your changelog states? I ask because I noticed a couple of the more elite units of certain factions have their stats nerfed and nearly halved in some cases. The ones I remember off the top of my head are the Tabardarriya and Dismounted English Knights. I think Dismounted Chivalric Knights might also have lower stats, along with a few of the more elite cavalry.

Hello! Pretty much all units have been rebalanced at this point, I just meant I had changed Venetian Heavy Infantry from the previous patch, but all units have new stats. KGCM had always changed unit stats, so I did another round of rebalancing as I fixed various bugs etc.

I am not sure what version of the mod you are playing, since the moors do not have princesses in kgcm in the latest patch
    Last edited by Delphor; October 22, 2023 at 04:05 PM.

beermugcarl's Avatar Decanus

Have you played around with the economy too Delphor?
    I notice that you start with much larger incomes as most factions.