Page 17 of 20 FirstFirst ... 7891011121314151617181920 LastLast

Thread: [SUBMOD: a Political Overhaul] PIGS Alpha_02 (DeI 1.2.5) [upd: jun.09/19]

valerius karamanus's Avatar Civis

Default Re: [SUBMOD: a Political Overhaul] PIGS Alpha_02 (DeI 1.2.4b) [upd: 09.jun/19]

Working smoothly in my campaigns.

Do you think effect values are enough though? I got the impression that they are a bit low, at some point in a campaign I forgot the status feature. Should it be more punishing or more rewarding?

Jake Armitage's Avatar Artifex
    Patrician

Default Re: [SUBMOD: a Political Overhaul] PIGS Alpha_02 (DeI 1.2.4b) [upd: 09.jun/19]

Yeah most probably, in the last version I've put testudo values to avoid some time conusuming operations but I can change them rather quickly 'cause I've done an excel sheet for that (with linked cells).
    There are 4366 different effect entries to define this script (considering the interpolation between age/mor/men/phy)...

Also, as I advance into building VPS, there will be an intrigue overhaul where you'll use some intrigues (5 I think) to modify the VPS range.
    This will erase some useless intrigues and make the political part more dynamic and time optimized.

I'm thinking about (I should be able to do that) doing a new feature for characters, maybe called leadership, where you'll combine health, war weariness and province affection (coming from the same VPS matrix).

Civis

Default Re: [SUBMOD: a Political Overhaul] PIGS Alpha_02 (DeI 1.2.5) [upd: jun.09/19]

Hello I can't wait to play it with PIGS & VPS, Sparta campaign!!

Default Re: [SUBMOD: a Political Overhaul] PIGS Alpha_02 (DeI 1.2.5) [upd: jun.09/19]

In case anyone is interested, I've made a version of the mod that enables general status effects for AI character also and does not require the player to do anything to play it (haven't tested it properly tough).
    It also works from turn 1 for every general, AI ones included.
    It doesn't cause significant lag (at least for me), except maybe a couple of seconds (on my machine) when saving the game

It's 4tpy, but the only file I've changed is lua_scripts/PIGS_Char_Gene_Stat.lua, so it should be easily adaptable
    http://www.filedropper.com/pigsalpha024tpy
    Last edited by ivanpera; August 16, 2019 at 01:14 PM.

Patrician

Well done ivanpera and thanks for all your invaluable help

There are a couple of (minor) issues I want to fix. One of them is easy to do, the other is basically a non-issue d:
    The first is that garrison commanders (and every other character, I guest) actually recieve the status, but only generals, admirals and garrison captains display it because they have a military force.
    The other is that, currently, characters do not get the trait the moment they are deployed

(I installed an SSD on my machine so loading times are bearable and so is testing mods, but I'll probably vanish again after this)

Patrician

The first is that garrison commanders (and every other character, I guest) actually recieve the status, but only generals, admirals and garrison captains display it because they have a military force.
    Speaking of Charcter's Death? General's Status works for garrisoned chars.

The other is that, currently, characters do not get the trait the moment they are deployed
    Dunno about this, I don't think at all I'm having this isuue, anyone?

Oh, do you want me to leave the status effects to garrison commanders?

Patrician

Well, I want to keep that in main submod, but you can do a pack for people who doesn't want this. (I'ìll post them into OP, same for the AI pack).
    Honestly, I'm thinking about a more serious overhaul about Characters' features which will agglomerate VPS and traits/skills (with also some custom events).
    I'm not sure the script will remain as it is.
    Have still to make a plan about.

nikossaiz's Avatar Decanus

Bravo to all guys, summer deperatures doesnt seem to stall you not one bit!

@ivanpera
    In case anyone is interested, I've made a version of the mod that enables general status effects for AI character also and does not require the player to do anything to play it (haven't tested it properly tough).
    It is only for Grand campaign, can it be for the other campaigns also? Also have you add any UI cosmetic stuff in this pack? i may altered mod priorities though cause i see some icons altered.

@Jake Armitage
    I'm thinking about a more serious overhaul about Characters' features which will agglomerate VPS and traits/skills (with also some custom events).
    Since you are diving deaper and deaper into overhauling such aspects, i would like to ask if Valerius, who made a fantastic step closer to medieval 2 and rome with his trait mod, or ivanpera and propably Seleukos and you are working on par with compatibillity in mind. Cause i hate mod conflicts especially on so well made submods.

@ Valerius i had a bug UI when trying to upgrate the first skill of one of my general, the skill UI box streched way over the screen and cant select them all. are you aware of this ? I tested it without PIGS ( sorry , sorry Jake, only for testing perpuses

Patrician

We'll speak about that into the submodder group in september.

Default Re: [Submod: a political overhaul] PIGS Beta_03 (for DeI 1.2.4a) - TESTERS NEEDED! [upd. feb.09/19]

Quote Originally Posted by Jake Armitage View Post
    GEN_CND_FORCE_HAS_EFFECT_BUNDLE: didn't check it yet, hope it works 'cause it will give the possibility for real dilemmas concerning a single character.
    Yupp it works. I managed to get it check if char's army has plague, then made it assign an incident that gives trait as payload.

You probably know this but in case you don't, there are also region and neighboring_region versions of it. I hope you find it useful.

Default Re: [Submod: a political overhaul] PIGS Beta_03 (for DeI 1.2.4a) - TESTERS NEEDED! [upd. feb.09/19]

Quote Originally Posted by valerius karamanus View Post
    Yupp it works. I managed to get it check if char's army has plague, then made it assign an incident that gives trait as payload.

You probably know this but in case you don't, there are also region and neighboring_region versions of it. I hope you find it useful.
    So, what do the function GEN_CND_FORCE_HAS_EFFECT_BUNDLE, please ? And what trait mod is talking about Nikossaiz ('Since you are diving deaper and deaper into overhauling such aspects, i would like to ask if Valerius, who made a fantastic step closer to medieval 2 and rome with his trait mod)'
    Last edited by leonardusius; September 06, 2019 at 12:45 PM.

Patrician

@valerius:
    Oh man, THIS IS PURE GOLD!!!!!!!!!!!!
    It is a mod changing for a part of the game which has never been modded (more or less) yet.
    So many things that can be done by scripting fake effects and then trigger an incident or a dilemma...
    Hell, you just awoke my modding desire which was shut down lately.

Yeah I know about region but I have to find a way to script effects to region, maybe it is not possible (already tried with no effect yet).

May you PM me the pack you've done? Thanks.

here is the complete list from assembly kit (incidents/dilemmas/missions options and payloads): https://www.mediafire.com/file/7n3gf...loads.ods/file

@leo:
    you'll see as soon as something is done with that method.
    I think that nikos is referring to valerius' mod, I haven't had the time to check it yet.
    Last edited by Jake Armitage; September 06, 2019 at 02:06 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jake Armitage View Post
    May you PM me the pack you've done? Thanks.

here is the complete list from assembly kit (incidents/dilemmas/missions): https://www.mediafire.com/file/7n3gf...loads.ods/file
    I updated my submod today, it includes the tables. You can check it very simple stuff.

Thanks much for the list I will investigate it.

You can try giving region effects by giving effects to that region's garrison, I think this is how DeI team gave campaign wonders like Mount Vesuvio, Olympos etc.

@leo It's an incident requirement that checks if character's army has a certain effect bundle. For example you can check if an army has plague in campaign like I did. Very handy thing and we have region versions too.
    Last edited by valerius karamanus; September 06, 2019 at 02:11 PM.

Patrician

Steam?
    Man do not abandon TWC for steam, when you release a mod always put an announcement in TWC, please, TWC is "our" place and it's free.
    Steam is an horrible place for stupid robots.

Oh haha no I'm not sharing anything on steam, I meant I updated my post in here submod section.

You're right I should have put a message to notify.

Patrician

ah that's fine then

You can try giving region effects by giving effects to that region's garrison, I think this is how DeI team gave campaign wonders like Mount Vesuvio, Olympos etc.
    No, wonder effects are simple db regional effects (_Regions_effect_bundles_to_effects_junctions).

You can add effects to the game only by using the game_interface functions which do not contain options for regions.
    Besides specific game_interface functions, you have these options to assign effects (and they remove counterparts)
    apply_effect_bundle / apply_effect_bundle_to_characters_force / apply_effect_bundle_to_force
    May be that apply_effect_bundle is a sort of general applying effect function (surely for faction effects, have to test it for regions).
    But probably we can trick the game using those cdir options.
    Last edited by Jake Armitage; September 06, 2019 at 04:13 PM.

nikossaiz's Avatar Decanus

new PIGs version ( both stadalone and testudo intergrated ) will have the "age and fx for the AI" introdused by Ivanpera in post #324?

Quote Originally Posted by ivanpera View Post
    It also works from turn 1 for every general, AI ones included.
    It doesn't cause significant lag (at least for me), except maybe a couple of seconds (on my machine) when saving the game

It's 4tpy, but the only file I've changed is lua_scripts/PIGS_Char_Gene_Stat.lua, so it should be easily adaptable
    http://www.filedropper.com/pigsalpha024tpy
    Can you reup this file please ?