Thread: Coming back to MTW - A few Basic Questions

Default Coming back to MTW - A few Basic Questions

I have reloaded MTW:Kingdoms with Stainless Steel onto my new rig. Looks great but I would like to make a few tweeks before I re-invade Europe.
    All of these questions refer to the battle interface:

- Is there a way to make the highlighting of selected troops less intrusive then the bright circle markers under each man?
    - Is there a camera control mod that will allow me to change the 'pitch' of the camera? So far I have horizontal rotate but is there a vertical rotate?
    - Vanilla game control allows me to pause or go faster. Is there a tweek that causes the battle action to go slower? (As it is the troops seem to march at around 60 mph...)

Much thanks...

leo.civil.uefs's Avatar nis que va bruxo!

Default Re: Coming back to MTW - A few Basic Questions

Quote Originally Posted by GungaDin16 View Post
    - Is there a way to make the highlighting of selected troops less intrusive then the bright circle markers under each man?
    Think I tried this in the past but did not find the file to edit. If anyone knpws, I'm interested too.

- Is there a camera control mod that will allow me to change the 'pitch' of the camera? So far I have horizontal rotate but is there a vertical rotate?
    Yes you can easily set keys to rotate horizontally and vertically in the controls menu inside the game.

- Vanilla game control allows me to pause or go faster. Is there a tweek that causes the battle action to go slower? (As it is the troops seem to march at around 60 mph...)
    Standart control gives you 3 options of speed and pause inside the battlefield (using the buttons in the left bottom part of the UI), but there is a secret... set the speed to 1x (normal), hold shift and click to reduce it again, you will notice you can have even slower speeds.

Gigantus's Avatar The trouble with having an open mind, of course, is that people will insist on coming along and trying to put things in it
    Patrician Moderator Emeritus Administrator Emeritus

Blog Entries

Highlighting ring - that's the data\textures\#green_circle.tga graphic if memory serves. Might have to unpack the file (see unpacking individual files) and then edit it.

Else (more likely) it's in descr_ui_color_db.txt - in the 'Battle Components' section, most likely these lines:
    Code:
    marker_proxy_summer_selected    255,   0, 255,   0
    marker_select                   255,   0, 255,   0
    The first number is the 'alpha' code, eg how translucent the color is, the next three is the RGB code: 0,255,0 is totally green. Make sure to use a kingdoms version or from my Bare Geomod.

leo.civil.uefs's Avatar nis que va bruxo!

I've just created a mod to change the green circle around the soldiers.

Here it is

Very simple and no explanations needed, just check the files and you will understand everything.