Thread: Complex situation w new models/startpos

Default Complex situation w new models/startpos

yo yo,

Im new to R2 editing , alots changed since Shogun2 with the modding tools.

I am trying to import a new model, and change a greek general to use the new model and have new stats. (making achilles)

I have passed the model thru BoB successfully, made a variantmesh def , and editing the startpos changes in Tweak.

when i launch BoB to create the startpos, the game does launch, ( in S2, it would ask me to launch and select the mod.pack containing necessary changes to create the new startpos, but R2 doesnt?)
    eventually the game closes, and bob continues to run, and then I get Rome II Couldn't locate launcher and game processes error.

I thought for sure this meant the changes wouldnt take place, but i looked in my working data folder and there was indeed a new startpos.

I threw it in my mod pack and was pleased to see that some of these changes worked.
    My char has changed political parties, has 2 new traits, and is using the new helmet model.

unfortunately hes bugged as hell. he is stuck in T-pose, and the helmet isnt using its textures? (despite having to go through a ton of extra working in 3ds max material editor to pass through BoB"

https://i.imgur.com/DYnAnK5.jpg
    https://i.imgur.com/EBAssiY.jpg

any ideas here boys?
    Thanks!

Edit: Got him out of T-pose, it was something with the variantmesh file

Edit: Got the textures working and with a full model under "skin" but hes stuck back in T-pose.. idk
    https://i.imgur.com/ZkVv21z.jpg

here is my variantmesh file, as you can see all it points to is the model itself..
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    <VARIANT_MESH> <SLOT name="skin" >
    <VARIANT_MESH model="VariantMeshes/_VariantModels/man/skin/achilles/achilles.rigid_model_v2" />
    </SLOT>
    <SLOT name="facial_hair" />
    <SLOT name="props" />
    <SLOT name="helmets" />
    <SLOT name="clothing" />
    <SLOT name="cloaks" />
    <SLOT name="trousers" />
    <SLOT name="greaves" />
    <SLOT name="shield"/>
    <SLOT name="weapon_1" />
    <SLOT name="weapon_2" />
    <SLOT name="weapon_3" />
    <SLOT name="weapon_4" />
    </VARIANT_MESH>

EDIT:

Got him in game:

It was something with the skin mesh, I had to separate him into diff parts and use a vanilla skin

Last edited by Havie; July 28, 2018 at 12:08 AM.

My Mods
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    TW Arena Campaign Generals (R2)
    Achilles (2018) mod

Default Re: Complex situation w new models/startpos

Remember how I said Bob was acting weird, it wud give an error but still somehow made me my startpos file?

Well, It just decided to not work anymore.
    AND this time it says it passes. I cant get a file to generate anywhere though despite it "succeeding"

and no I do not have the steamappid.txt file in the Rome II directory to delete

My Mods
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Achilles (2018) mod

Daruwind's Avatar Citizen

Are you exporting even binaries? (not 100% but some especially startpos changes need it) Do you select campaing changes in BOB..people sometimes forget? My files are generated into assembly_kit>retait>data .. And not sure but my working_data folder is having file bob.rules ...basically after each mod, you have to reset assembly kit we dont have option to remove local changes. So either verify folder via steam and redownload it or keep backup or working_data, raw_data, editor_working_data and after each mod restore them.

When BOB is creating startpos, it is normal the game will freeze, crash or whatever...just give it a few minutes and then shut it down even by win manager but startpos is usually genarated.. :-)
    DMR: (R2) (Attila) (ToB) (Wh1/2) (3K) (Troy)

hmmm, exporting even binaries?

I just check this option here because the window cant be resized to view the other text with a 4k resolution apparently...
    https://i.imgur.com/8aOWXjV.png

When I tried to export it into a retail/mod.pack it wasnt in there either.

I just did a fresh install of assembly kit and it makes a file now. Im thinking it has to do with my changes? maybe i gave a character too many traits? or a trait from another campaign? not sure why it would pass green if there was such an error though.
    Also horribly confused why it doesnt ask me which mod.pack i want to to use to launch the game with when bob launches R2. It used to do this in S2.

I got bob to output the startpos to a .pack but when i added it to my pack.. it didnt have my changes...

When clicking "export --> export changes to binary"

I get "error on table export , check bob is built"
    On my win7 machine w the same files this isnt the case.
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...mbly-Kit-Error
    Last edited by Havie; July 28, 2018 at 08:48 AM.

My Mods
    Achilles (2018) mod

Daruwind's Avatar Citizen

This is as I work but I´m not working with units...

In Dave
    https://i.imgur.com/CjJjVbV.png

then in BoB then work only with middle collum!
    https://i.imgur.com/VM1Eqx5.png

Last edited by Daruwind; July 28, 2018 at 09:06 AM.
    DMR: (R2) (Attila) (ToB) (Wh1/2) (3K) (Troy)

interesting you choose the middle collumn.

I have actually thus gotten this to work by

#1 running both Tweak and Bob as admin and in comparability mode with win7 (this fixes export to binary)
    #2 slowly adding changes 1 at a time, and making sure tweak is open.

#3 im 99% sure that adding the startpos trait "pel_hero_army_1" is causing the issue... lol so im not trying to add that again.

Btw- do you know what ancillaries are in this? because I added one and its not a "skill" nor a "household"

Cant figure out how to add more skills --- Edit this is because this is something not included in the assembly kit, we are also missing XP rank under start_pos_characters. this would allow more skills. I am still curious how theres always 1 default skill allocated to generals at start and its random it seems. currently the work around is to edit some #s under startpos with a esf editor.

Thanks for your help btw
    Last edited by Havie; July 29, 2018 at 12:13 AM.

My Mods
    Achilles (2018) mod