Page 20 of 25 FirstFirst ... 10111213141516171819202122232425 LastLast

Thread: UMCenturion's Ancient Empires: Legions for DEI, updated on March 2023 1.3.2 Compatibility patch

CK23's Avatar Campidoctor

Default Re: UMCenturion's Ancient Empires: Legions for DEI, updated on 01/12/2019 1.2.5a Compatibility patch

Quote Originally Posted by Dardo21 View Post
    Bizar, and you can actually recruit those units into your army too?
    I can recruit them. When I research the first reform, I have Marian legionary cav, I have Imperial Town Watch available to recruit and the first cohorts.

I've used the 1.4 mod manager, I've used manual. I cannot for the life of me explain this.
    Rabble rousing, Pleb Commander CK23

CK23's Avatar Campidoctor

Default Re: UMCenturion's Ancient Empires: Legions for DEI, updated on 01/12/2019 1.2.5a Compatibility patch

Just attempted again.

I wiped EVERYTHING clean. Fresh install, did the 3 parts of DeI and it worked fine. I installed the AE mod, your first pack and it bugged out again. I figured it couldn't hurt to try the alternative economy one (I dont use the mod), that appears to have done it. For what its worth I realize that the normal patch makes reforms happen for EVERY faction, not just Romans.
    Rabble rousing, Pleb Commander CK23

That's really odd, since i copied the scripts from the alternate version to the regular patch, did you try to redownload the normal patch as well?

I found out how to fix it, it seems the normal patch reforms script was messed up or something, so I replace it with the alternative reform script, it works fine now (atleast for me)

here's my own patch : https://www.mediafire.com/file/zzgry...atch.pack/file
    put it into the data, the load order should be the same

Yeah, I did that on th 17th I think, but i redid it now just to be sure.

Hey there Dardo! Where can we find the base mod for UMCenturion's legions? Got my fingers crossed there is a downloadable link?

Hey there Dardo! Hope you good. I am really exicited about the mod, been playing around with it for the last day or two and it is amazing! There is one small tweak I noticed though, and I hope its not too much to suggest a few changes, granted you are open to them. Perhaps its still a work in progress too but the skins for the marian legions don't match their unit cards (which seem to be the original ones from XIII Centurion's mod/Franky235?). The unit card skins are sooooo great and seem more historically accurate as opposed to the ones in the main mod. Might it be possible to change them?

Hoping to hear from you, kind regards

I don't quite understand what you mean, could you post some screens to elaborate? The screenshots of unit cards that you posted in XIII's mod are not from UMCenturion's mod, so I'm not sure we're talking about the same content.

Hey Dardo, thanks for the reply. Sorry I'm late, working from home and none of my deadlines have shifted despite the COVID-19 shutdown. So I have uploaded pics of what I mean. The imperial units do not have this issue, and they always spectacular, but its the marian units with uncorresponding patterns. The lightning bolts and eagle eings in the unit cards feel a little more immersive and true to rome, and I was hoping to have those ones on the sheilds...let me know what you think.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Total War_ ROME 2 19_03_2020 16_37_00.jpg   Total War_ ROME 2 19_03_2020 16_37_18.jpg   Total War_ ROME 2 19_03_2020 16_37_31.jpg   Total War_ ROME 2 19_03_2020 16_38_00.jpg  

Dardo, I have a another question for you. Marian legionaries are available for the grand campaign? I mean, the legionaries that appear in Cesar in Gaul. As far as I know, in grand campaign you can only recruit both augustan and imperial legionaries using your patch.

@Verney2 I see what you mean, I've never really noticed it, I can't create them myself, but maybe some are simply mismatched. So I'll look into whether or not some have been assigned to the wrong unit atleast. I'm not sure when I have time myself, i currently work nightshifts for a coronavirus info service, so i'm usually not in the mood for much after I get home.

@curro123 the Caesarian are limited to the CiG campaign only, some of the Augustan ones have more of the older gear, such as the montefortino, whilst others have newer types to represent the area and period of founding. Most if not all of the Augustan ones are also direct succesors of the CiG ones, so it was always meant to be that way. The Augustan ones being more of a bridge between the early and late marian era, but with the newer type of shields, whilst the CiG represented a chance to have the marian ones with the earliery type of shield.

Now I understand everything, thank you for your reply and thank you for the hard work you put into this patch

Yeah, I did that on th 17th I think, but i redid it now just to be sure.
    The file on Google Drive appears to have been modified last on the second of January but the problem CK23 pointed out above still persists. Was that issue supposed to be fixed and if not, can we get an official hotfix for this game breaking issue?

Yes it was supposed to be fixed, did you test the mod with a fresh campaign?

Yes it was supposed to be fixed, did you test the mod with a fresh campaign?
    I have indeed, with no other mods. I highly doubt that it is a problem on my end. I'd appreciate a hotfix for this as I intend to start a new game with it.
    Last edited by Wulfric5; March 21, 2020 at 02:33 PM.

I found the culprit but I don't know the reason behind it which is something I'd like to find out. In lib_reforms_main.lua of the main version, the red lines below cause this problem of reforms not working properly such that all units are available from the beginning so long as one has the required building for them.

-- 3. Marian
    -- -------------------------------------------------------------
    {
    normal =
    {
    "Rom_Vet_Legionaries_Alp2",
    "Rom_Vet_Legionaries_Gal2",
    "Rom_Vet_Legionaries_Gal3",
    "Rom_Vet_Legionaries_Ger2"
    "Rom_Vet_Legionaries_Afr2",

Removing the red lines above fixes the issue. Theoretically, the problem is caused by one or up to all of them which is something I'm not going to check as I'm sure this will be sufficient for you to pin point the problem with the naming. This is clearly caused by some incorrect naming but I don't see why the whole script would fail to function because of that. In addition, you might want to take a look at the differences between the reform scripts of the two versions as some units are missing in the "Alternative Economy" version whereas the starting reform conditions for the Augustus campaign is missing in the main version. So the reform scripts are not identical at all.
    Last edited by Wulfric5; March 21, 2020 at 10:52 PM.

Jake Armitage's Avatar Artifex
    Patrician

{
    normal =
    {

2 open parenthesis one after the other are really weird...

Quote Originally Posted by Jake Armitage View Post
    {
    normal =
    {

2 open parenthesis one after the other are really weird...
    That's the way the code is written in vanilla DEI too so there is nothing irregular there.

I'm not sure when I have time myself, i currently work nightshifts for a coronavirus info service...
    Dardo, I would just like to chime in to give you thanks and say that you're one of the real heroes!