Thread: [Feedback] Questions, Critiques and Requests

KAM 2150's Avatar Artifex
    Patrician

Default Re: [Feedback] Questions, Critiques and Requests for 1.2

No, I think that is due to spacing variation for skirmishers being set too high, I might tone it down a bit.
    Official DeI Instagram Account! https://www.instagram.com/divideetimperamod/
    Official DeI Facebook Page! https://www.facebook.com/divideetimperamod

It is the famous piggy back formation.

----> Website -- Patreon -- Steam -- Forums -- Youtube -- Facebook <----

Quote Originally Posted by Dresden View Post
    We actually used to have settler units in the game when the supply system first came out. People felt they cluttered the recruitment UI a lot and didn't add enough. So, we implemented the basic bonus when at a low level instead.
    I think for most players, you are right that this feature would be more clutter than useful, but I believe that this feature would be very useful for those of us who have particularly hard campaigns with constant warfare. I've had entire border provinces depleted of population due to the sheer attrition of holding off several nations at once on a single front, and would appreciate being able to manually repopulate them for the war effort. This would also mean that holding onto settlements are a bigger investment, since if they are captured, the population is lost. In comparison, it takes the AI a few turns at least to eliminate my buildings.

It would be stellar if you could re-implement this feature as an optional mod on top of the low-pop bonus you mentioned, but it is understandable if you don't, especially considering the diminishing returns.

I second the idea for an official sub-mod.

Quote Originally Posted by CadetNewb View Post
    I think for most players, you are right that this feature would be more clutter than useful, but I believe that this feature would be very useful for those of us who have particularly hard campaigns with constant warfare. I've had entire border provinces depleted of population due to the sheer attrition of holding off several nations at once on a single front, and would appreciate being able to manually repopulate them for the war effort. This would also mean that holding onto settlements are a bigger investment, since if they are captured, the population is lost. In comparison, it takes the AI a few turns at least to eliminate my buildings.

It would be stellar if you could re-implement this feature as an optional mod on top of the low-pop bonus you mentioned, but it is understandable if you don't, especially considering the diminishing returns.

I wasn’t around in time when this older method was used, but I’m familiar with the newer “bonus settlers” method. All in all it is very handy and welcoming feature although is has a minus for not drawing the settlers from neighboring regions. The settlers just spawn from nowhere…

In this case I’m more of a fan of the immigration system (+/- migration). When considering this “submod” I throw my two cents on the table:

1. Using edicts: For example, let’s say we implement this feature on “romanizations” edict. It requires scripting implementations but no problem. Just by creating a new new entry in the “immigration_modifiers” library and adding it to “immigrationDesire” calculations would do the trick. Although I’m not familiar how to meet conditions with edicts especially on provincewide so this is somewhat dead end at this point…
    2. Using, lets say, baggage train unit: Same as before but with conditions met on:
      Code:
      if Unit_Is_In_Army(curr_char, Baggage_train_list)
      finding curr_chars with cycling “for” function and with “local region_name = curr_char:region():name();”, 
      curr_char paired with respected region…
      This latter is plausible with new units also. Create new unit and list in new table for example “Units_moving_pop_list”

The migration mechanism would also be nice instead of this “settlers” mechanism. For some reason the “ratioIdeal” does not work effectively in PoR -script, meaning if pop- table is {1,1,1,10000} then the migration does not work aggressively enough. i.e It’s effect on desireMultiplier is not so drastic on low citizen pop situations.

If we would make a new entry on immigration library lets say immigration_modifiers[“settler_movement_modifier”] with a condition

Code:
    if regionPopTable[i] < population_modifier["base_pop_growth_min_size"][i]
    then immigrationDesire = immigrationDesire + immigration_modifiers[“settler_movement_modifier”] [regionType]
    This “settler_movement_modifier” could be adjusted very high (for more dynamic behavior) because the trigger nulls after the "base_pop_growth_min_size" has been reached

ps. the code syntax is somewhat indicative, do not copy-paste
    Last edited by MrTimbe68; August 08, 2019 at 02:54 AM.

Ygraine's Avatar Campidoctor

The first question that comes to my mind is what population tier these "settlers" should be? If you want 2 and 3, it means there needs to be two new settler types for all factions (1 and 4 make little sense to have). And from what building should they be recruitable, the core settlements?
    (2nd position - Gameplay Mods-category - 2016 Modding Awards.)

I think pop 2 is the most salient.

Jake Armitage's Avatar Artifex
    Patrician

[QUOTE=MrTimbe68;15821144]

1. Using edicts: For example, let’s say we implement this feature on “romanizations” edict. It requires scripting implementations but no problem. Just by creating a new new entry in the “immigration_modifiers” library and adding it to “immigrationDesire” calculations would do the trick. Although I’m not familiar how to meet conditions with edicts especially on provincewide so this is somewhat dead end at this point…

I don't think you can do that, there is no way to track down an edict or any effect (maybe the only way could be by directly scripting edicts from scratch, dunno)

For the settlers - they need to be 1 of each type basically (and that is why they were a clutter). I can make a submod, its just a few new units that have a lot of people in them basically

----> Website -- Patreon -- Steam -- Forums -- Youtube -- Facebook <----

Patrician

For the settlers - they need to be 1 of each type basically (and that is why they were a clutter). I can make a submod, its just a few new units that have a lot of people in them basically
    My pick is yes but take your time, it's not so needed.
    Although it could be a little but good micromanagement feature.
    Last edited by Jake Armitage; August 08, 2019 at 02:56 PM.

I can't help but imagine sending out colonization waves as Rome now.

I'd love that; thank you Dresden.

Default Re: [Feedback] Impressions, Critiques and Requests for 1.2

Hey

With resource chains, whats the difference between the buildings which grant lots of local commerce (the hubs) and the industry based ones which produce more of the resource itself? I've been trying to work out which creates more revenue for the player in the long run.
    Also do temple %bonuses to the different wealth categories stack with other bonuses such as the region effects bonuses, general skills etc?

Thanks

That would be great, in a pratictal and in a roleplay view!

Typically while playing as Rome, one can roleplay a colonisation process, or after a civil war or any change in leadership choose to send some patricii away to represent the former leader's supporters being outcasted. (as it was often the case after a succession clash)
    And from a practical point of view, one could use this feature to re-affect some population to recruitment provinces (for exemple from Rome to South Italy, which is often a military factory the first half of any roman playthrought)

Default Re: [Feedback] Impressions, Critiques and Requests for 1.2

Quote Originally Posted by ltsweeting View Post
    Hey

With resource chains, whats the difference between the buildings which grant lots of local commerce (the hubs) and the industry based ones which produce more of the resource itself? I've been trying to work out which creates more revenue for the player in the long run.
    Also do temple %bonuses to the different wealth categories stack with other bonuses such as the region effects bonuses, general skills etc?

Thanks
    The general idea is that the tradegoods buildings are meant for when a faction has a access to a large amount of trade partners, the raw income difference will usually favor the max direct income versions, but trade income buffs and long trade agreements will add to the value of trade products, so it's more down to a choice on what kind of spot your faction is in right now. Some people have tried to calculate the income from tradegood focuses versions and theorized that the direct income buildings will usually be more profitable, so I made a temporary submod that'll increase the tradegoods produced by the lower income/higher amount of tradegood version if you're interested in that https://drive.google.com/open?id=17z...cBYJPmF5KWvD7Q

The effect of the temples have a direct effect on the entire province, so they should visually be added to effects added by generals for example when you overlook the income stats.
    Last edited by Dardo21; August 08, 2019 at 07:09 PM.

Hello gentlemen, is there any tiny chance we can get diplomatic system from 3k to Rome?

Hahahaha

Is anyone working on making a 3k style recruitment mod?

Patrician

^ Can you describe that or post a good youtube video?
    Thx.

Quote Originally Posted by Jake Armitage View Post
    ^ Can you describe that or post a good youtube video?
    Thx.
    You want me to describe how 3 kingdoms army recruitment works on a total war forum? Have you not played 3 kingdoms?