Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: The King and the Warlord - New Grim and Grave for Dwarfs and Greenskins

Default Re: The King and the Warlord - New Grim and Grave for Dwarfs and Greenskins

Ummmm..... what?

Karnil Vark Khaitan's Avatar Praepositus

Default Re: The King and the Warlord - New Grim and Grave for Dwarfs and Greenskins

White dorf == no one should really care

Im the Knight in Sour Armor http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.ph...ghtInSourArmor
    Rainbow Darling rainbows Darling. Darling Rainbows!!!!!
    but on the same time modder with my first mod for Rome 2!http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfile.../?id=286218945
    Hey Sparkle Sparkle Sparkle!
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LDULtV9U2kA
    Quote Originally Posted by riskymonk View Post
    yea but mods are created by fans of the series. Games are created by university students who might not necessarily know or play the games/series they're working on

Påsan's Avatar Hva i helvete?
    Citizen

The buyers of the warhammer magazine "white dwarf" for the tabletop get an unique lord as of some recent news.

paradamed's Avatar Praepositus

Quote Originally Posted by Påsan View Post
    So you actually have to buy the white dwarf magazine to get the white dwarf? xD

Hopefully he's just like a generic dwarf lord with some minor tweaks aka toddbringer then.
    It will probably bbe added as DLC, for those who ccouldnt buy the magazine, down the road.

or wait till some day in 2017 when he will be free dlc

joedreck's Avatar Artifex

DLC is ok, but I'm not that fan of elite units. I like the very normal one.

Just buy it because of new start positions. Sadly many mods don't work anymore.

A command team (flag, musican, officer) DLC would be much more welcome.
    Edictum mod adds new edicts to Rome II. http://www.twcenter.net / YouTube: Edictum Mod / Click here for Edictum Mod on steam
    Vote Brain Slug for president.

Is CA completly Nuts?

I play the dwarfs from the new dlc 50% additional upkeep cost... ok small army and go fast for Karak Eightpeaks....
    But guess what is waiting at Karak Eightpeaks

almost 3 Full Stacks (55/60) of those Rebel Orks + Goblins
    WTF?

Sorry but what the Hell is CA thinking how you should do this?

Upkeep + 50%
    Permanent unrest malus of -5 (and additionaly Corruption -x, Grudges -2, Taxes -4)

Not fun to play at all
    Last edited by Chlodwig I.; October 23, 2016 at 02:44 AM.

Mhaedros's Avatar Brave Heart Tegan
    Content Emeritus

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Chlodwig I. View Post
    Is CA completly Nuts?

I play the dwarfs from the new dlc 50% additional upkeep cost... ok small army and go fast for Karak Eightpeaks....
    But guess what is waiting at Karak Eightpeaks

almost 3 Full Stacks (55/60) of those Rebel Orks + Goblins
    WTF?

Sorry but what the Hell is CA thinking how you should do this?

Grudge counter working against you so you have to go for Karak Eightpeaks
    Upkeep + 50%
    High unrest level

Not fun to play at all
    I really enjoyed the extra challenge. To begin with you have 4 free uber-agents to replace a few regiments (I had 3 in the army and one as a normal agent), not to mention that even the low level regiments of renown are very cost efficient. Then you make sure to secure the Vaults and to kill Skarsnik before even attempting to go east, cos otherwise he will attack Karak-Izor while Belegar is away and you can't afford to loose the income. This means the grudge will likely reach 20 points, but it won't go into the third phase in my experience. The diplomatic buff techs are vital to make your remaining neighbours like you enough for non-aggression pacts or even alliances, so when Skarsnik is dead you hopefully don't have any close enemies left in the area and the way to Karak Varr is open. From there you hope the Dwarfs have held their own against the Greenskins and haven't lost too much ground, but if they have your offense is likely to give them enough momentum to retake some land.

Now the difficult part is taking Eight Peaks itself, which I think always has a full stack of Gits in or next to it. But you should be able to afford a full stack, including the spectal agents and some RoR, so for me the battle was pretty easy despite being heavily outnumbered (remember orcs break easily, when they do you need to be brutal in chasing them down). Also the Rangers are excellent, especially with Belegars buffs and the tech buffs, they are constantly getting 100+ kills per unit.
    Under the patronage of Finlander. Once patron to someone, no longer.
    Content's well good, innit.

Me and a mate are playing a co-op campaign as Clan Angrund and the Dwarves, its been wicked so far.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12