Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Less Great Power Debuffs - A Green Modifcation

Icon1 Less Great Power Debuffs - A Green Modifcation

So I decided to introduce what I believe is a mod many of us will cry out in tears of joy for! I have reduced the penalty of being a great empire which you experience as your imperium increases.

Changes to game play:
    • I have reduced the amount from on average of -60 relations to about -22.

This should allow you to actually handle politics rather than have a giant hailstorm of bigotry towards your success! Another, yet to be confirmed, trade-off of this is a less strained WRE which would allow the AI to hold itself together a tad more, but it may also make certain aspects of their campaign easier which I may need to balance more. Also, I have no clue what debuffs the Huns have that make them hate everyone so much, so I will consider this a beta release as I continue to tweak it based on feedback and personal use.

Otherwise, enjoy and please let me know any and all of your delicious opinions!
    Attached Files Attached Files

Default Re: Less Great Power Debuffs - A Green Modifcation

Almost forgot the shameless self promotions:

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...-epic-sieges-)

All of my other modifications that focus on the balance and feel of siege warfare on the battle map.

I'm not very good with the whole 'No installation Explanation' thing. Care to explain where this goes?

Once you download the .zip file, extract the .pack file and place it in your data folder in the Attila directory. This is usually found in C:\Program_Files(x86)\Steam\SteamApps\Common\Total War Attila. Once it is in there make sure to check "Enable Out-Of-Date Mods" and the mod file in the Attila launcher.

Thank you been driving me crazy having my imperium skyrocket when I only have like 5 or 6 towns and not even being able to get a trade agreement.

Libertus

Thank you, this is something I really need, I had the Sassanid Empire with all its clients declare war on me only because I conquered 3 regions.
    A quick question though: Is this save game compatible?

King regards

Hi, just reporting back. Now for the player WRE turned out to be too easy VH. Barbarians wont attack at all and accept even trade/non aggression pacts at the first turn.

Middle ground would be good

You can actually alter the imperium penalty in the cai_variables table. If you change the diplo penalty to .5 instead of 1 it cuts all of the diplomatic penalties in half from being a great power. So -100 becomes -50 relations etc. It gives you 4 values to play with, AI penalty and bonus as well as player penalty and bonus.

Nice download, it's a good thing to turn on after the first 100 turns or so, lets you continue relations with the ERE which is impossible after a while due to the great power thing. Same with Client states.

I concur the WRE findings. I will knock it up a bit to keep the challenge. I have been looking into scripting though, so I may just delay the impact or set it based on imperium which would be useful to balance it based on faction and phase of the campaign. upload coming soon.

Icon1 Re: Less Great Power Debuffs - A Green Modifcation

Update:
    • switched tables to allow me to use percentages and keep things proportional. (thank you Osbot!)
    • should be reduced by 40 percent for now.

Keep the feedback coming guys! I appreciate ever bit
    Attached Files Attached Files

Love the idea of the mod but I did enjoy the difficulty of the campaign and it seems that you debuffed it a little TOO much, I'll wait till there's a more tested version out that handles the balancing better. But nice work on this I look forward to updates, this was a big pain in my ass first playthrough.

Cheers for the update, i will test it out. The fact i am considered a great power with 3 cities and 2 armies because i simply started to tech up was driving me insane. Not to mention the penalty renders diplomacy as shallow as it is in TW games useless later on.

Shall give this mod a try

Thank you!

And btw does this work with other factions? I want to slow down the rate at wich the WRE gets torn appart.

Few more ideas.

From this thread http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...-and-fixing-it

You can edit the actual imperium penalties at effects_bundles_toeffects_junctions. This allows you to set the base penalty.

You can edit the empire modifiers at cai_personality_empire_rivalry_components_tables.

You can (Presumably, haven't played with these ones yet) edit the religious modifiers at cai_personality_religious_components.
    As above, for culture cai_personality_cultural_relations_override.

With these tables (I think) you could potentially all but remove the malus from Imperium. Then you could create large modifiers for hating/liking Empires, hating/liking Cultures and hating/liking religions. This way, the effects can be extreme, but sensible and diplomatic relations will be governed more by the attitudes of the faction rather than a general arbitrary great power malus.

At maximum imperium, the default imperium malus is 80, you could perhaps set it at 30 and give it a 5x modifier for hating rival empires. Any state without the Hates Rival Empires attitude would have a -30 Great Power malus. Any state that hates rival empires would have -150. I believe you can do the same for culture and religion. Diplomacy would be more fluid in this way. A long time enemy might have their faction leader die, and the new leader happens to like your empire or culture. Suddenly you have a new potential ally.

Actually, that is a fantastic idea. I have a private mod that does this exact thing (as I have been playing around with it), but I was waiting out both word of permission from the author of that thread, and a campaign I am playing to wrap up to test balance.

Doesn't mess with cultural modifiers though.

Quote Originally Posted by Greenpatriot View Post
    Actually, that is a fantastic idea. I have a private mod that does this exact thing (as I have been playing around with it), but I was waiting out both word of permission from the author of that thread, and a campaign I am playing to wrap up to test balance.
    Greenpatriot - I noted in my thread that I don't think you need my permission on this, but if you want it, you have it.

As to the discussion between you and Osbot... You can modify the cultural penalties with campaign_cultural_relations, and religion penalties with campaign_religious_relations.

From there you can change the trait modifiers in cai_personality_cultural_relations-overrides and cai_personality_religious_components respectively. Note that cai_personality_cultural_relations-overrides is a set of overrides rather that just multipliers. I believe that this means these values replace the default values when the faction leader has the appropriate trait.

Currently I am testing making the Celt factions have diplomatic penalties between themselves so they will hopefully have to solidify their power-base before invading Europe.

Quote Originally Posted by masterofseppuku View Post
    Currently I am testing making the Celt factions have diplomatic penalties between themselves so they will hopefully have to solidify their power-base before invading Europe.
    Can't wait to hear results. Hate that Celtic Empire with three factions supply

Quote Originally Posted by masterofseppuku View Post
    Greenpatriot - I noted in my thread that I don't think you need my permission on this, but if you want it, you have it.

As to the discussion between you and Osbot... You can modify the cultural penalties with campaign_cultural_relations, and religion penalties with campaign_religious_relations.

From there you can change the trait modifiers in cai_personality_cultural_relations-overrides and cai_personality_religious_components respectively. Note that cai_personality_cultural_relations-overrides is a set of overrides rather that just multipliers. I believe that this means these values replace the default values when the faction leader has the appropriate trait.

I'm curious how this impacts the WRE. Is the WRE liked too much? Or is the rival empire trait prevalent enough? Or is the hate for the WRE just baked in.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast