Thread: The Chat Thread (Read OP)

ggggtotalwarrior's Avatar hey it geg

Default Re: The Chat Thread (Read OP)

Dormamu, I've come to bargain.
    Rep me and I'll rep you back.

UNDER THE PATRONAGE OF THE KING POSTER AKAR

Sir Adrian's Avatar the Imperishable

Is the movie good. Would I like it if I didn't enjoy the latest Captain America and really hated Avengers 2?
    Under the patronage of Pie the Inkster Click here to find a hidden gem on the forum!

Adamat's Avatar Invertebrate

Is this thread still a thing for the cool kids or?
    #JusticeForCookie #JusticeForCal #JusticeForAkar #JusticeForAthelchan

Lord Oda Nobunaga's Avatar 大信皇帝
    Patrician

Nope 'fraid not.

"Famous general without peer in any age, most superior in valor and inspired by the Way of Heaven; since the provinces are now subject to your will it is certain that you will increasingly mount in victory." - Ōgimachi-tennō

lolIsuck's Avatar WE HAVE NO CAKE!
    Patrician Citizen took an arrow to the knee

Quote Originally Posted by Settra View Post
    Is the movie good. Would I like it if I didn't enjoy the latest Captain America and really hated Avengers 2?
    It's quite different from those two. I enjoyed it a lot but then again, I also enjoyed CA: Civil War and though AoU was ok.

Quote Originally Posted by Adamat View Post
    Is this thread still a thing for the cool kids or?
    What cool kids?
    Last edited by lolIsuck; January 02, 2017 at 07:09 PM.

Adamat's Avatar Invertebrate

I miss Cahoma
    #JusticeForCookie #JusticeForCal #JusticeForAkar #JusticeForAthelchan

I miss ggggtotalwarrior.

@former bird person turned robot:

I really enjoyed it and a lot of its trope breaking but I thought CA3 was amazing because of how invested I am in the MCU and even somewhat enjoyed AoU despite its massive flaws.

I miss Baerke.

Thanks for the replies, I guess i'll give it a shot. What i didn't like about CA 3 is that it was Avengers 2.5 instead of a proper CA movie. The film was all over the place narratively and lots of charcters felt out of tune with the whole thing.
    Last edited by Sir Adrian; January 02, 2017 at 10:25 PM.
    Under the patronage of Pie the Inkster Click here to find a hidden gem on the forum!

Patrician

I miss Storm Troopers, the real old ones.

"Famous general without peer in any age, most superior in valor and inspired by the Way of Heaven; since the provinces are now subject to your will it is certain that you will increasingly mount in victory." - Ōgimachi-tennō

Ooh I member

Patrician

You do? How old are you?
    Did you fight in THE WAR?

Ciciro's Avatar Protector Domesticus

So my Dystopian Wars fleets are coming along pretty nicely.

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Cahoma's Avatar Tribunus
    Sooooomewheeeeere ooover the raaaaainboooow

Quote Originally Posted by Adamat View Post
    I miss Cahoma
    Me too.

Patrician

Stop tormenting me!

♔atthias♔'s Avatar dutch speaking
    Citizen

played and finished my first legarandy TW campaing yeaterday
    was easier than easy diffyculty......

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    Rise of Mordor 3D Modelers Wanted
    Total War - Rise of Mordor
    Are you a 3D Environment and Character artist, or a Character Animator?

If yes, then the Rise of Mordor team linked above is looking for you!
    Massive Overhaul Submod Units!
    D you want some units back in MOS 1.7? Install this mod http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...n-1-1-RELEASED
    It adds back units who were deleted from the campaign in MOS 1.7, namely the Winged Swordsmen, the Citadel Guard Archers and the Gondor Dismounted Bodyguard.

Under the proud patronage of
    Frunk of the house of Siblesz

Iskar's Avatar Insanity with Dignity
    took an arrow to the knee

Frankfurt, München, somtimes my beloved Rhineland

How are the difficulty levels implemented in Total Warhammer? Are they any good? I always considered the implementation in Shogun 2 rather stupid and immersion breaking, as difficulty above standard level was only generated by making the AI target the human player regardless of intrinsic strategic considerations in the historical setting. (When you're playing Fujiwara and the entirety of clans on Kyushu at the other end of the map unanimously makes peace with each other and declares war on you, you know something's afoul in the state of Denmark Japan.)
    "Non i titoli illustrano gli uomini, ma gli uomini i titoli." - Niccolo Machiavelli, Discorsi
    "Du musst die Sterne und den Mond enthaupten, und am besten auch den Zar. Die Gestirne werden sich behaupten, aber wahrscheinlich nicht der Zar." - Einstürzende Neubauten, Weil, Weil, Weil

On an eternal crusade for reason, logics, catholicism and chocolate. Mostly chocolate, though.

I can heartily recommend the Italian Wars mod by Aneirin.
    In exile, but still under the patronage of the impeccable Aikanár, alongside Aneirin. Humble patron of Cyclops, Frunk and Abdülmecid I.

Lord Baal's Avatar Praefectus

I wouldn't be surprise it's just the level of cheats the AI factions can pull out from their arses, troops an money out of thin air, CA always cutting corners.

Just answer me this. How's Orc treasure measured? Which unit they use to do it? In gold coins?
    PROUD TO BE A PESANT. And for the dimwitted, I know how to spell peasant. <== This blue things are links, you click them and magical things (like not ending up like a fool) happens.
    Visit my utterly wall of doom here.
    Do you wanna play SS 6.4 and take your time while at it? Play with my 12 turns per year here.
    Y también quieres jugar Stainless Steel 100% en espańol? Mira por aca.

Iskar's Avatar Insanity with Dignity
    took an arrow to the knee

Frankfurt, München, somtimes my beloved Rhineland

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Baal View Post
    I wouldn't be surprise it's just the level of cheats the AI factions can pull out from their arses, troops an money out of thin air, CA always cutting corners.
    Indeed. I always find it somewhat frustrating when attacking the enemy's economical assets has barely any effect whatsoever or even makes doomstacks appear out of thin air. People way too often confound "difficult/challenging" with "tedious/annoying" when designing games.
    "Non i titoli illustrano gli uomini, ma gli uomini i titoli." - Niccolo Machiavelli, Discorsi
    "Du musst die Sterne und den Mond enthaupten, und am besten auch den Zar. Die Gestirne werden sich behaupten, aber wahrscheinlich nicht der Zar." - Einstürzende Neubauten, Weil, Weil, Weil

On an eternal crusade for reason, logics, catholicism and chocolate. Mostly chocolate, though.

I can heartily recommend the Italian Wars mod by Aneirin.
    In exile, but still under the patronage of the impeccable Aikanár, alongside Aneirin. Humble patron of Cyclops, Frunk and Abdülmecid I.

Every game of this type uses cheating AI. It's impossible to provide a challenge otherwise.

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Baal View Post

Just answer me this. How's Orc treasure measured? Which unit they use to do it? In gold coins?
    Orcs value things in orc teef (teeth). The value of a toof depends on its size, who the buyer is and who the seller is. It's the perfect currency if you think about it. It's hard to acquire so its very stable, they rot so it prevents hoarding and speculation and it forces members of society to become very good at what they do.
    Last edited by Sir Adrian; January 05, 2017 at 10:54 AM.

Lord Baal's Avatar Praefectus

Thanks for the answer Settra, I knew how Orcs currency works. I was asking how it's represented in the game. As gold coins instead of teef, which is insulting. Sure it's a little detail that adds noting but any good developer would have paid a minimum on attention to it while making the UI. In fact a mod did it.

And it's not impossible to present an strategy game with challenging AI without cheating, thing is Total War games in general have this tendency of making up difficulty with horrible, downright immersion-breaker cheats. It would be okay for the AI to have a bit more income per turn, hell even double the income, or some other edges, but to make it spawn army after army out of thin air just for difficulty? It gets old quickly.

There could be a million ways to make the game harder on the player, with organic penalties and dangers arising as you grow larger instead of arbitrary headcounts and artificial civilwar-o-meters.

But that's not even the issue with CA AI's, the issue is they fail to perform even at some basic levels, like being unable to complete a charge against another unit or behave not entirely erratic and declaring war on you from across the map for no reason without even knowing you once just to "add up difficultly". I haven't played Total Warhammer (which is how it should have been named by the way, Total War: Warhammer sounds kind of silly), so I'm not sure if that AI at least behaves they way I should but I did play Rome 2 and oh boy it was fun, in a sad way, to see so much fail in performance and in patchings things up.
    Last edited by Lord Baal; January 05, 2017 at 11:46 AM.
    PROUD TO BE A PESANT. And for the dimwitted, I know how to spell peasant. <== This blue things are links, you click them and magical things (like not ending up like a fool) happens.
    Visit my utterly wall of doom here.
    Do you wanna play SS 6.4 and take your time while at it? Play with my 12 turns per year here.
    Y también quieres jugar Stainless Steel 100% en espańol? Mira por aca.