Thread: Idiotic vassal states

+Marius+'s Avatar Domesticus

Default Idiotic vassal states

So I managed to set up a few client kingdoms and instead of those factions behaving like my vassals they still continue to participate in diplomacy to such an extent that they simply dissolve my vassalship+alliance over them in case of me attacking a faction they currently are in alliance with, even though I keep our relations at perfect level by sending them back the tribute they send me.

Is there something to be done about this or am I going to have to get all genocidal on their asses?

Default Re: Idiotic vassal states

Vassals who misbehave must be punished. They shall face nothing but ignominious death at the hands of the mighty Marius Marich!

Its for that reason that I never try to get more then 1 vassal under my control.
    If you get 2 vassals, they may end up at war with eachother, forcing you to choose and lose 1 of them.
    Same goes if they have other allies, you risk them breaking your treaty by attacking their other allies.
    Honest and truly, I AM Robin Hood!

So I just declared war on England to save my vassal Scotland which in turn resulted in my other vassal Sicily(also England's ally) to break our relations.
    In order to recapture Sicily(the Moors landed on Sicily and captured Sardinia) I declared war on them to remake them as my vassals, this in turn resulted in their ally, my third vassal, Denmark, to also break our relations.

Now since Denmark was no longer my vassal, they decide to attack Norway(also my vassal, Denmark could not attack them before since both were my vassals),
    I decide to declare war on Denmark to save Norway and reinstate Denmark as my vassal.

Since Scotland(remember, the guys from the begining, which started all this...) is also allied with Denmark, Scotland also breaks our relations together with my former allies Teutonic Order and Hungary.

It took me so much roleplay and micromanagement to create this alliance scheme...
    The only allies I have left are the Byzantines, and that's only because we are fighting the Timurid's together and they cannot survive without my financing and stone fort Schengen.

I spit on this.
    I love the game,
    but I spit on it.

*spits*
    Last edited by +Marius+; October 02, 2014 at 06:04 PM.

*spits*

i usually keep alliances, not vassals. once i had byzantines as my vassals but wasnt nice to have someone who'd attract so many enemies altogether.

Well what sucks is that the vassals usually just pump themselves with fullstack armies during their time of peace, so when they break off and I want to reinstate them, I actually have to repeat the entire military campaign with my best armies which seriously messes up my plans.

Is there a way to completely disable a factions diplomatic options?

I've only had at max two vassals and I always make sure they are geographically isolated and/or surrounded by provinces I directly control, otherwise problems as these start happening :/.

What about assassinating their diplomats on sight? xD

Quote Originally Posted by Melooo182 View Post

What about assassinating their diplomats on sight? xD

xD i agree. and well, if you could control the diplomatics of a country, the WWII would have been avoided -THE LUCK HAS BEEN CAST- (oh god i want to see how much will come out of my comment xD)

The "diplomatics" of many countries WERE controlled, that's why the war happened.