Page 97 of 156 FirstFirst ... 477287888990919293949596979899100101102103104105106107122147 ... LastLast
Results 1,921 to 1,940 of 3114

Thread: The original thread

Default Re: COW: Beginning of The End Times - Patch 1.01 RELEASED

Also, the kislev music is the same as empire. It would be possible to use the same as 1.5.1 version? I remember that was more russian stylish

Enviado desde mi iPhone utilizando Tapatalk

jimbomen95's Avatar Libertus

Quote Originally Posted by Dani_Madrid View Post
    Also, the kislev music is the same as empire. It would be possible to use the same as 1.5.1 version? I remember that was more russian stylish

Hi Dani, the soundtrack has been remade because there a max limit of 10 types (to avoid audio troubles as disappear of all sounds effects) and lizardmen and tomb kings needed proper music themes, along skaven and chaos dwarfs which use different musics instead of chaos gods armies. In few words we have the following type of musics:

Human (all Empire factions, Kislev, Bretonnia and Dogs of War)
    Dwarf (Dwarfs)
    Orcish (Orcs and Goblins, Night Goblins and Ogre Kingdom)
    Undead (Vampire Counts)
    Chaos Armies (Khorne Warriors, Nurgle Childrens, Tzeentch Minions, Slaanesh Followers and Undivided Chaos)
    Good Elves (High Elves and Wood Elves)
    Evil Elves (Dark Elves)
    Lustrian (Lizardmen)
    Khemrian (Tomb Kings)
    Chaos Industrial (Skaven and Chaos Dwarfs)

Since I'm the member of the team that has worked on the new soundtrack and new accents ( in general to the entire new audio files ), I apologize if someone don't like the new tracks and prefer the old ones from original COW, but I wanted to make a fresh change to the atmosphere of the campaign. If anyone like the new soundtrack or has suggestions, or also critics, share it don't worry, I'm open to any opinion, and good game to everyone

Quote Originally Posted by jimbomen95 View Post
    Hi Dani, the soundtrack has been remade because there a max limit of 10 types (to avoid audio troubles as disappear of all sounds effects) and lizardmen and tomb kings needed proper music themes, along skaven and chaos dwarfs which use different musics instead of chaos gods armies. In few words we have the following type of musics:

Dwarf (Dwarfs)
    Undead (Vampire Counts)
    Chaos Armies (Khorne Warriors, Nurgle Childrens, Tzeentch Minions, Slaanesh Followers and Undivided Chaos)
    Evil Elves (Dark Elves)
    Lustrian (Lizardmen)
    Khemrian (Tomb Kings)

Since I'm the member of the team that has worked on the new soundtrack and new accents ( in general to the entire new audio files ), I apologize if someone don't like the new tracks and prefer the old ones from original COW, but I wanted to make a fresh change to the atmosphere of the campaign. If anyone like the new soundtrack or has suggestions, or also critics, share it don't worry, I'm open to any opinion, and good game to everyone
    No problem. I only said this because of the music used in previous versions of call of warhammer. Anyway you have made an amazing job!

Quote Originally Posted by atthias View Post
    can somebody show me the unit entry in the EDU of the chaos dwarf blunderbusses
    also how am I supposed to use them? they are useless for me
    low range low uint number and their shots do barely any damage against chaos marauders!!!
    How to fix quickly: Remove the "gunpowder_unit" attribute, coloured red below.

type Chaos dwarfs
    dictionary Chaos_dwarfs
    category infantry
    class missile
    voice_type general
    accent Chaosdwarf
    banner faction chaos_dwarfs_missile
    banner holy crusade
    soldier Chaos_dwarfs, 30, 0, 1.6
    attributes sea_faring, can_withdraw, cannot_skirmish, gunmen, hardy , gunpowder_unit, mercenary_unit, chaos

And they will blast the enemy to bits, at short range, as they are meant to.

Reason:
    They are actually veerrrrry deadly, the problem is they are saddled with the "gunpowder_unit" attribute which causes them to go through a buggy, slow anim before firing and combined with the very short range (63) that they have it means they don't get a proper volley off before the enemy are on them
    Last edited by CrayonVonCaesar; June 08, 2016 at 08:31 PM.
    A Mod for Med2 Kingdoms:

THERA:REDUX

Click here:
    https://www.moddb.com/mods/thera-redux

Hey, downloading the mod now, I'm a big fan of the vision you're putting forward and more importantly I believe y'all have the drive and competency to realize it. Just curious, what's the ETA on patch 1.02? If it's already been said I greatly apologize for repeating a question.
    I jury rigged the hell out of Elder Scrolls Total War to make a decent mod.

Be aware that the Blunderbuss' are one of the absolute most powerful units bar none when they get their shot off, and if they're able to fire constantly and consistently, like without the gunpowder_unit trait, then good luck fighting them without further adjustment.

Quote Originally Posted by Carnage752 View Post
    Hey, downloading the mod now, I'm a big fan of the vision you're putting forward and more importantly I believe y'all have the drive and competency to realize it. Just curious, what's the ETA on patch 1.02? If it's already been said I greatly apologize for repeating a question.
    No ETA, but we're working away on it and gathering all the changes. We're going to do some internal testing before it goes out, so soon, but not too soon.
    Last edited by WhiffOfGrapeshot; June 09, 2016 at 02:14 AM.

Would you remove the "gunpowder_unit" attribute for all of the gunpowder units in the next patch?

Quote Originally Posted by TheEmperor View Post
    Would you remove the "gunpowder_unit" attribute for all of the gunpowder units in the next patch?
    We're testing how to balance that. It makes them a lot easier to use for both the player and especially the AI, but on its own makes gunpowder units extremely OP, since they have the AP attribute and deal a lot of damage. We're testing out some other ways to balance them so they can retain the AP, which is one thing that separates them from crossbows, while not making them the only ranged units worth taking and able to drop any enemy in seconds. Yes, they're THAT overpowered just removing that attribute and making no other changes.

Hi.
    I'm playing as Reikland and I can't recrut reiksguard knights, I built jousting field in Altdorff and still i can not recruit this cav unit. Any ideas to solve this problem?
    Thx for replies.

Mr_Nygren's Avatar Berserkir

Dwarf (Dwarfs)

Undead (Vampire Counts)
    Evil Elves (Dark Elves)
    Lustrian (Lizardmen)
    Khemrian (Tomb Kings)

I don't think your quite right about the music limits in the game. In Hyrule: Total War there are like 27 factions each with their own unique music. And the sound from other stuff ain't gone from the game neither. It's possible as far as i know to have 27 music types at least.
    Be your friend's, true friend. Return gift for gift. Repay laughter, with laughter again
    but betrayal with treachery.

- The Havamal

jimbomen95's Avatar Libertus

Quote Originally Posted by Mr_Nygren View Post
    I don't think your quite right about the music limits in the game. In Hyrule: Total War there are like 27 factions each with their own unique music. And the sound from other stuff ain't gone from the game neither. It's possible as far as i know to have 27 music types at least.
    Thank you for your advice Mr_Nygren, idk that Hyrule has so much type of musics, but there's always that audio issue with our submod, if i add a new type of music the audio totally disappear, trust me i tried so many times to add more unique musics for every faction, but ending always meeting this bug ( keep in mind that audio files occupy a large part of the submod dimensions and there are a lot of new stuffs that have their own weight). However if someone want to realize a sub-submod about soundtrack is totally welcomed meanwhile i will also try to beat this bug .
    Last edited by jimbomen95; June 09, 2016 at 06:18 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Leszy77 View Post
    Hi.
    I'm playing as Reikland and I can't recrut reiksguard knights, I built jousting field in Altdorff and still i can not recruit this cav unit. Any ideas to solve this problem?
    Thx for replies.
    You get them through the reiksguard order barracks. Also need an armorer and a large stables present.
    Last edited by CrayonVonCaesar; June 09, 2016 at 06:25 AM.
    A Mod for Med2 Kingdoms:

THERA:REDUX

Click here:
    https://www.moddb.com/mods/thera-redux

Few questions.

1. What exactly does Campaign and Battle difficulty effect. I don't know if it differs from vanilla.
    2. Do the empire provinces have any truly unique units? Could say Stirland recruit every empire unit if they owned the entirety of the empire and had the pre-requisite buildings? Or are there units that only specific empire faction can ever build no matter what.
    3. On the same token, do the Dogs of War have any truly unique units? If an empire faction owned the same city could they get the same mercs?
    4. I was playing Reikland rather passivly, having only gone on a short war to take Marienburg. Early on Brettonia declard war despite good relations and 3 empire provinces that where allied with Brettonia chose them over me and quickly joined the war against me. When Talabecland declared war every single one of my allies aside from Kislev chose them over me and broke their alliance with me. Did I just get unlucky or do you have to give gifts to neighboring factions to prevent the entirety of the good side to gang up on you. Or is this related to campaign difficulty?

Mr_Nygren's Avatar Berserkir

Thank you for your advice Mr_Nygren, idk that Hyrule has so much type of musics, but there's always that audio issue with our submod, if i add a new type of music the audio totally disappear, trust me i tried so many times to add more unique musics for every faction, but ending always meeting this bug ( keep in mind that audio files occupy a large part of the submod dimensions and there are a lot of new stuffs that have their own weight). However if someone want to realize a sub-submod about soundtrack is totally welcomed meanwhile i will also try to beat this bug .
    Yes, when i think about it you have changed alot of other audio-files too. In Hyrule they don't speak as an example, as the unit speeches were removed. No voices when clicking on characters and such. Maybe that can explain some of it. It is possible that there is a limit in the total amount of audio-files.
    Be your friend's, true friend. Return gift for gift. Repay laughter, with laughter again
    but betrayal with treachery.

- The Havamal

Man, since I saw the units preview by kallaikoi on moddb:

I cannot continue my Orcs and Chaos Dwarves campaigns, allways thinking of the Rogue Idol and those K'daai monsters!
    And imagining a Nurgle Chosen on top of that Chaos Dragon

all really awesome but i acually really dont like the varghulf face , it lok like a wolf :S
    The bats head we saw in a previous image was really mutch better for it, please, use that one instead!

ps. THE WIGHT KING AND THE STRIGOI ARE AWESOME AS HELL, are blood dragon going to ride the zombie dragon??
    Last edited by logan93; June 09, 2016 at 10:59 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by WhiffOfGrapeshot View Post
    We're testing how to balance that. It makes them a lot easier to use for both the player and especially the AI, but on its own makes gunpowder units extremely OP, since they have the AP attribute and deal a lot of damage. We're testing out some other ways to balance them so they can retain the AP, which is one thing that separates them from crossbows, while not making them the only ranged units worth taking and able to drop any enemy in seconds. Yes, they're THAT overpowered just removing that attribute and making no other changes.
    the only real problem I have detected with any gunpowder units are dwarven thunderers on walls in sieges, they can't really shoot right on top of a wall in most directions, maybe it's their height
    I want to keep that gun powder reload animation as it makes them feel authentic and my armies consist of 25% foot soldiers armed with rifles on average. it's all about how you deploy them, it's like navy battles, if you make a mistake in your line up your toast.
    if there is supposed to be an upgrade of their effectiveness, just have them do more damage, longer range or have the enemy take more morale damage or have them be more precise if they are not already hitting a 100% of the time.

chaos dwarves blunderbuss hurt a lot and I have seen them get shots off when engaged in melee.
    Last edited by Van; June 09, 2016 at 11:02 AM.

Dwarf (Dwarfs)
    Undead (Vampire Counts)
    Evil Elves (Dark Elves)
    Lustrian (Lizardmen)
    Khemrian (Tomb Kings)

I love all the music and the sound files for units too! if I could choose I would only want more stuff for units, females and heroes

♔atthias♔'s Avatar dutch speaking
    Citizen

Quote Originally Posted by CrayonVonCaesar View Post
    How to fix quickly: Remove the "gunpowder_unit" attribute, coloured red below.

type Chaos dwarfs
    dictionary Chaos_dwarfs
    category infantry
    class missile
    voice_type general
    accent Chaosdwarf
    banner faction chaos_dwarfs_missile
    banner holy crusade
    soldier Chaos_dwarfs, 30, 0, 1.6
    attributes sea_faring, can_withdraw, cannot_skirmish, gunmen, hardy , gunpowder_unit, mercenary_unit, chaos

And they will blast the enemy to bits, at short range, as they are meant to.

Reason:
    They are actually veerrrrry deadly, the problem is they are saddled with the "gunpowder_unit" attribute which causes them to go through a buggy, slow anim before firing and combined with the very short range (63) that they have it means they don't get a proper volley off before the enemy are on them
    thanks for the answer it worked
    now I can continue whit my chaos dwarves save
    Rise of Mordor 3D Modelers Wanted
    Total War - Rise of Mordor
    Are you a 3D Environment and Character artist, or a Character Animator?

If yes, then the Rise of Mordor team linked above is looking for you!
    Massive Overhaul Submod Units!
    D you want some units back in MOS 1.7? Install this mod http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...n-1-1-RELEASED
    It adds back units who were deleted from the campaign in MOS 1.7, namely the Winged Swordsmen, the Citadel Guard Archers and the Gondor Dismounted Bodyguard.

Under the proud patronage of
    Frunk of the house of Siblesz

Julianus Flavius's Avatar Campidoctor

I've played a Dogs of War campaign, united Tilea, conquered the rogue Border Princes settlements, and started to take Estalia. I have a few suggestions.
    1) Extend the range of Tilean AoR unit recruitment (For legin, pikes and crossbows) to include Skavenblight. It is essentially part of Tilea and it makes no sense that you cannot resettle it with Tileans after liberating it.
    2) Replace Border Princes cavalry and raider cav with "Dogs of War Heavy Cavalry" and "Dogs of War light Cavalry". They can functionally remain the same, although I'd welcome a new model for both. They should be recruitable throughout Tilea as well as the Border Princes, as Tilea is currently bereft of cavalry apart from Voland's Venators and the Grudgebringer Cavalry.
    3) Tilea is a land famed for it's various exotic mercinary corps. Having a constructable building allowing the recruitment of Ogre Maneaters, Dwarfs and Elves would be cool.
    4) Extend the recruitment range of free company, heavy free company and free company archers to encompass the whole of the old world at least. As I see it, these units represent run-of-the-mill mercinaries and sell-swords. They would make ideal garrison troops.
    5) Make an expensive (And I mean REALLY expensive) building to represent Tilean colonies abroad, that enable the recruitment of Legion, Pikemen, Crossbows, DoW Cavalry and DoW light cavalry.
    6) (And I apologize for requesting a unit slot be taken up, something I have been endeavoring to avoid with my suggestions as I know they are at a premium) Make a new bodyguard unit. Everyone having Grudgebringer cav bodyguards is kinda silly. I suggest either two-handed mounted swordsmen, with a champion that has a chest on his horse with him to represent the army's paychest, or Halberdiers (In the nature of the Paymaster's guards from the old PDF army book)
    7) The general's models and the titles of the Faction Leader and Heir are the same as when the faction was just the Border Princes, even though they are now a minor part of the faction. A re-titling would be nice there.
    8) Despire the fact that the unit was inferior on the tabletop to even generic pikemen, the Alcatani Fellowship for some reason are the same in every regard to the Leopard Company, except with even more attack than the Leopards. This is the polar opposite of what they should be. They should have low upkeep and recruitment cost in return for being inferior to at least all the other regiments of renown pikemen and possibly the generic ones too.
    9) At campaign start, it would be better to reduce the number of leopard company you begin with and instead give the player more generic pikes. The Leopards are supposed to be the elite, not the rank and file.

Well that's my thoughts thus far. Make no mistake, I'm having a blast with this campaign (Got a BIG battle, four stacks a side, with the Estalians coming up. Almost all the regiments of renown are taking part, in addition to loads and loads of generic troops) but I thought it'd be a good idea to pass along my thoughts and ideas.
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    What have the Romans ever done for us?? apart from better sanitation and medicine and education and irrigation and public health and roads and a freshwater system and baths and public order... what have the Romans done for us?
    Some of my favourite quotes:
    "Your god has yet to prove himself more merciful than his predecessors" ~ Hypatia, as represented in the film 'Agora'
    "If you choose to do nothing, they will continue to do this again and again, until there is no-one left in the city, no people for this governement to govern"
    ~ Hypatia, as represented in the film 'Agora'