Thread: Income_bonus and taxable_income_bonus

Default Income_bonus and taxable_income_bonus

I know that taxable_income_bonus does not work, but does anyone know for certain if "income_bonus" has no effect?

For example, the below capability entry will give you a 25% reduction in construction costs. The taxable_income entry just displays that bonus on the building information.
    Code:
    {
    construction_cost_bonus_wooden bonus 25
    taxable_income_bonus 25
    }
    The below entry will display an income of 100 from buildings on the towns financial summary page, so it should work, but there are many that claim it's not working, so i'm getting a little in doubt and would appreciate if someone could confirm this. I have tested it extensively and to me it looks like the income is being applied.
    Code:
    }
    income_bonus bonus 100
    {
    Thanks!

Gigantus's Avatar I am not special - I am a limited edition.
    Patrician took an arrow to the knee spy of the council

Blog Entries

Default Re: Income_bonus and taxable_income_bonus

Make a simple test: start a game, choose a settlement that has buildings. Write down the income from tax (use detail view). Then go into the EDB and add that ability to one of the buildings that were in the settlement. Start another game and check income from tax again.

Withwnar's Avatar Script To The Waist

Fairly certain I tested that once by making it a huge amount and checking the Finances next turn. It does work.

Thanks for replying. I have tested it many times. You can see the income and the income is also included on the year-end financial summary. I just got in doubt since I have seen mentioned many times over the years that it does not work.

Ah, it's coming back to me now. TATW uses it and it has this entry in descr_settlement_mechanics.xml:

Code:
    <factor name="SIF_BUILDINGS">  ;EDB income_bonus
      <pip_modifier value="0.75"/>
    </factor>
    I found this when the bonus seemed to be only 75% of what it was set to. e.g. A bonus of 10,000 would appear as that on the building card but only 7,500 was being added to the finances.

I have seen mentioned many times over the years that it does not work.
    That happens. Maybe because they were expecting to see it on the settlement's income, which would be logical. It isn't in the Wiki (because it wasn't in RTW?) but it is mentioned here: http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...=1#post5574509

Funny - I noticed that TATW settings as well when I was testing it. It was a good verification. Thanks for the link and your help - I'm confident that it works now and since the AI builds buildings with this bonus i'll start using it more. It's good for regions with poor trade connections. The income could symbolise local sales, interest (banks) or income from looting local villages if you fancy that

Civis
    Clarke Institute of Psychiatry (CAMH), Toronto, Ontario, Canada

This is incredible - how did you manage to make it work Master Withwnar??
    I did my own test, with the taxable income set as high as 100% - not an iota of change in the game's end-of-turn financial projection. Could you be more specific as to which mod you are playing and how you made it work?

The mod is Third Age TW. It already uses income_bonus - it wasn't me who added it, I just confirmed that it was working by making it a huge value and comparing the result against the same campaign when that bonus was removed from the building, like post 2 says.

It has nothing to do with tax rates. I can't remember if the bonus shows up in the projected finances - I think my test was seeing how much money the faction actually has in the following turn.

Taxable_income does NOT work, only income_bonus works. And it can be a negative too, like the other bonuses, but supposedly the negative bonuses only deduct money from positive ones.