Thread: theatroN's Art Workshop

Icon11 theatroN's Art Workshop

Welcome!

I've now been studying at the Academy of Art located in San Francisco for about a year, and in that time I've been drawing a bunch of stuff with a variety of mediums.
    So I thought I might as well post it here, and share it with you guys.

And YES, these are drawings from live nude models. Most of them are 20 minute drawings, while the rest are 1 min, 5 min or 10 min.

Gonna start on my second year, (third semester), in two weeks, and will be taking a Anatomical Drawing class so you can except a lot of new drawings the next couple of months.

Gesture drawings
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Portraits

Studies

Master Copies

Final project

Last edited by theatroN; January 15, 2013 at 04:42 AM. Reason: Removal of nudity
    Under the glorious patronage of MasterBigAb

Shankbot de Bodemloze's Avatar From the Writers Study!
    Citizen

Blog Entries

Default Re: theatroN's Art Workshop

I dread to think what the ToS has to say about the first spoiler full.

Great drawings though.
    Last edited by Shankbot de Bodemloze; August 27, 2012 at 01:36 PM.
    THE WRITERS' STUDY | THE TRIBUNAL | THE CURIA | GUIDE FOR NEW MEMBERS

PROUD PATRON OF JUNAIDI83, VETERAAN & CAILLAGH
    UNDER THE PATRONAGE OF MEGA TORTAS DE BODEMLOZE

Radboud's Avatar Luctor et Emergo

Welcome to the workshop, my favorite part is the studies (best drawings are there imo). I have removed the pictures of which I thought were going a bit too far (contact y2day if you disagree).

I agree, I dont think that it should be censured at all, but if the rules on this forum requires it, then so be it. Not gonna fight that.

Nice selection of nude paintings! Absolutely love Michelangelo. Could you put them in spoilers though? Long way to scroll down each time. Thanks!

Here are some drawings that I forgot to add. (In the first post as well.)

If you won't fight I will! And I have put the spoilers, but remember that was my "manifeste" against censorship in Art.
    Good drawings and sketchs, you have what I lack, technique and profesional teaching.
    I really like those last drawings, the best is the one about Laocoon's details, I really think the torso of that statue is the most beatiful one crafted and sculpted by man, the tension, the anatomical perfection, the dramatic stance, everyting is perfect in the Laocoon. I also liked that leodarnesque study of a female's head. Good artworks!

Left: artwork by the great Duncan Fegredo.

A link to my Deviantart's account.

Radboud's Avatar Luctor et Emergo

Quote Originally Posted by Oznerol View Post
    Oh really? We are in XXIth century and people are still disturbed the human naked body? Censors are still needed? The human anatomy it is nothing to be embarrased or disturbed of. With regulations like that the Sixtine Chapel would not have been painted or Rubens would not have done most of his paintures. So and as a rebellious art in defense of art and artistic nudity, and the right of theatro to post his drawings I post the following (I have also to say that his drawings are wonderful, +rep for you, I really liked your version of the praying hands of Durer, trully well done):

Censor me if you want, but I have posted it!

Dun, please note I don't hate nudity in art and I don't see it as my goal/purpose to censor everyone. However, this site has rules; why? Because lots of people visiting are underage (even younger than 13) and might be offended by the nudity (there are probably other reasons as well). I'm just here to enforce the rules.

Nudity in art is allowed by the ToS to a certain extent, but removing of nudity is done under the discretion of the moderator (see the ToS for the full description).

Please don't be discouraged by me removing nudity, you're posting beautiful art .

These are simply awesome ! You're truely a master!

This is THE WAY to get better at drawing human characters. I'm really thinking about studying again a bit anatomy to get better at it (I used to and it felt to be a major step further in matters of representation possibilities).

Secondly, I just came here and don't know what this 'censorship' is about. But let's say I don't understand it. You can see the same on whatever ancient art, on TV or by googling any word on the Internet...

Finally, do you plan to draw females ? I mean in this very same way (ancient or classical) this would be totally awesome.

EDIT: I hadn't seen the one of the last post ^^ Still, do you have some more ?
    Last edited by Manu La Canette; January 26, 2013 at 10:15 AM.

Thanks a lot man!

Here is a new drawing I did yesterday.