Page 1 of 63 12345678910112651 ... LastLast

Thread: [SUBMOD] v4.0 Game of Thrones - NEW UNIT MOD RELEASED!

Inarus's Avatar In Laziness We Trust

Default [SUBMOD] v4.0 Game of Thrones - NEW UNIT MOD RELEASED!

A Submod designed to bring the look, the feel, the sounds of
    HBO's Game of Thrones series to Westeros: Total War.

NB: Our limits are, of course, what the Series has covered to date.

Principal Features

~ Artmod (Post 1), introducing new user interfaces, new imagery, and more! ~

~Unitmod (Post 1), new units! ~

~ Music (Post 2), the files needed to play Westeros with your TV Series Soundtrack. ~

The Team

~ Inarus - Images, basic graphics, music and Image Research. ~
    ~ Radboud - Faction Symbols, UIs, and All Epic Graphics. ~
    ~ AndariusHaliusScipio - Awesome Audio Clippings ~
    With Particular thanks to...
    ~ Emperor of Hell and Mhaedros ~
    - For sharing their Wisdom in the art of modelling, texturing and much much more than can be listed,
    Without which it would have been impossible for Strat Models to grace this Modification -

Looking for...
    ~ Unit Modellers! ~

Unitmod Current Version: 4.0

~ VltimaRatio- Units

~ Mr_Nygren- coding

Installation:
    Make sure you have Medieval II Total War Kingdoms installed, disable the UAC .Then install the youngblood/enhanced version of Westeros Total War found here:

Twcenter.net

After that is installed, rename the mod-folder from Youngbloods to "GoT_Enhanced"- then install version 3.0 of the GoT-mod found here:

Moddb.com

When that's done you should download the v 4.0 of the GoT-mod and extract it over the old folder.
    Then, you can play! If you want the music of the show you need to also follow the steps in the article, or below.

Artmod Current Version: 3.0

~ Countless New Loading Screens. ~
    ~ New Splash and Menu Screens. ~
    ~ New Character Portraits. ~
    ~ All New Faction Symbols. ~
    ~ Unique General Voices. ~
    ~ All New Quotes. ~
    ~ All New Northern and Southern Eventpics and Advisors. ~
    ~ Whole New User Interfaces. ~
    ~ And lots more! ~

Previews

Loading Screens

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Event Pictures and Portraits

Enemy General's Death message:

Naval Blockade:

The interchangeable faces of Sandor Clegane:

Tyrion:

User Interfaces

Southern UI:

Northern UI:

Strategy Map Models

Storm's End:

More Previews can be found in the thread

A note of thanks to Apple, Fin and Noobas for their helpful opinions and general expertise awesomeness.

Downloads and Installation Guides

Westeros 0.53 “Vanilla”

Download and Install Vanilla: Mod Page

Test that it Works!

Rename the Containing Folder as below to "GoT", if you don't know where it is, right click the Desktop Shortcut and select "Open File Location"

Install GoT 3.0: Moddb or Mega
    Ensure the Directory ends with "\mods\GoT", if it doesn't exist, you're not installing it correctly!

You should have a Desktop Shortcut for GoT (Crown as the Icon), but if not:

If you want videos, these are now available in an optional download: Moddb or Mega
    (A menu one is pre-installed but is rather bland )

To Install the fmv download, open in WinRAR or similar software:

The Soundtrack is installed similarly, just extract into GoT, merging the Data folders and overwriting where necessary, if you don't merge, don't overwrite, you extracted to the wrong place.
    Download links and detailed instructions are available here: Post 2

Young Blood “Enhanced”

Download and Install Young Blood: Mod Page, use Dux's Large Link

Test that it Works!

Rename the Containing Folder as below to "GoT_Enhanced", if you don't know where it is, I'm confused because where did you Extract the Compressed Folder above to?

Install GoT 3.0 Enhanced: Moddb or Mega
    Ensure the Directory ends with "\mods\GoT_Enhanced", if it doesn't exist, you're not installing it correctly!

You should have a Desktop Shortcut for GoT (Crown as the Icon), but if not:

If you want videos, these are now available in an optional download: Moddb or Mega
    (A menu one is pre-installed but is rather bland )

To Install the fmv download, open in WinRAR or similar software:

The Soundtrack is installed similarly, just extract into GoT_Enhanced, merging the Data folders and overwriting where necessary, if you don't merge, don't overwrite, you extracted to the wrong place.
    Download links and detailed instructions are available here: Post 2

Regarding Bugs and Crashes

With a small team and such a large amount of changes, not to mention having to make it compatible with other mods, Bugs Are Gonna Happen.

Please report them in this thread or PM me. Be sure to mention if you are running Enhanced Submod or not.
    Last edited by HannibalExMachina; August 14, 2016 at 06:20 AM.

Default The Music of HBO's Game of Thrones

Music Version: 1.0

NB: Requires Your Own Copy of the Game of Thrones Soundtrack.

Download attached to post.

Installing is not so simple as just extracting the files! Read on!

Noob Friendly Installation Instructions - IMPORTANT

You may wish to backup:
    • Westeros\data\sounds\events.idx
    • Westeros\data\sounds\events.dat

A Note on the Versions

The Soundtrack is compatible, not only with the Game of Thrones submod, but also with vanilla Westeros: Total War itself. Version 2.0 of the GoT submod uses different files to that of vanilla W:TW, so be sure to choose the correct download according to what you are installing it for.

Secondly, be sure to choose either the Season 1 download, or Season 1 & 2 download, according to which soundtrack you own.

Having chosen the correct download......extract it to your Medieval 2: Total War "mods" directory, the typical location being shown in the screenshot (best to browse manually to ensure you get it right):

Spoiler for Patronising Image

Now browse to: ...\Medieval II Total War\mods\Westeros\data\sounds\music

NOTE THAT I AM ABOUT TO SAY COPY!

COPY your Game of Thrones Soundtrack files into this location.

• Season 1: 29 .mp3 files
    • Season 2: 21 .mp3 files*
    • Season 3: 18 .mp3 files*
    • Season 4: 21 .mp3 files*

*When using Season 2 with Season 1, you will have two versions of "Main Title" where only one is needed, delete Season 2's additional track leaving you with only 20 .mp3s. Same with all successive seasons.

The Season 2 Mod installs an additional track, S02E09_The_Rains_of_Castamere, ignore it, do not rename it.

NOTE THAT I SAID ING COPY!

Now having copied those music files, you alas are not finished, for you see Medieval 2 cannot handle spaces in titles, and there we have "Main Title.mp3". The following is the way I determined to be the fastest (and I explored a fair few renaming methods) .

1 - Order the soundtrack files by Track Number in Windows Explorer. If installing both Soundtracks, they may get mixed together, so best to sort them in two different folders.

2 - Right-click Track 1: "Main Title.mp3" and select: Rename.

3 - Type "1", press "Tab", you are now renaming Track 2, rename this to "2" and press "Tab". Now shockingly you name Track 3, "3" and then press "Tab".

4 - REPEAT, if "Finale" is not renamed "29" you did something wrong Check the image below. If you are also installing season 2, numbering continues, with "The Throne is Mine" as Track 30 and the last track, "Three Blasts" as Track 49. If you are further installing season 3, numbering continues, skipping Main Title again, so "A Lannister Always Pays His Debts" is Track 50 and finally "For the Realm" is Track 67. Likewise, for Season 4 numbering continues, skipping Main Title again, so "The Rains of Castamere" is Track 68 and finally "The Children" is Track 88.

Spoiler for Just in case you are unsure

5 - Celebrating completing this difficult feat and procede to hunt down Inarus and slap him for patronising you soooo much that you quickly renamed the files and now have a new soundtrack to enjoy.

6 - Having not physically harmed anyone because that would be cruel, proceed to launch the mod .

Downloads

~ WesterosTW v0.53 - Seasons 1 & 2 & 3 Soundtrack v1.1.rar ~
    ~ WesterosTW v0.53 - Seasons 1 & 2 & 3 & 4 Soundtrack v1.0.rar ~

~ Game of Thrones Submod 3.0 - Seasons 1 Soundtrack v1.0.rar ~
    ~ Game of Thrones Submod 3.0 - Seasons 1 & 2 Soundtrack v1.0.rar ~
    ~ Game of Thrones Submod 3.0 - Seasons 1 & 2 & 3 Soundtrack v1.1.rar ~
    ~ Game of Thrones Submod 3.0 - Seasons 1 & 2 & 3 & 4 Soundtrack v1.0.rar ~

Last edited by Inarus; September 07, 2014 at 04:36 PM.

apple's Avatar Searching for 42

Default Re: Submod Preview: The Imagery of HBO's Game of Thrones

Looks very good.
    Son of Legio
    Father of Paedric & Remlap
    Roma Surrectum II, Ages of Darkness II, Rome Total Realism & RTR: Imperium Surrectum Developer

Mundus Bellicus - TWC - ModDB - Discord - Steam

since this is a sub mod and not part of the official WTW final product it will not cause any troubles.
    note: apparently HBO is really strict when it comes to their content

I was hopping some worthy fellow would do this, I have found the character portraits in the Alpha release to be lacking in flavour and colour.
    I look forward to your first release with great anticipation
    + rep to thee

Nice! Don't you dare say this is our weekly preview though team.

Looks pretty cool.

Dux's Avatar Warden of Westeros
    Gaming Emeritus

looks nice, I hope it is allowed by HBO tough, they're very strict.

Quote Originally Posted by Dux View Post
    looks nice, I hope it is allowed by HBO tough, they're very strict.
    Hmmm, well I was already unsure of using the Title Credits in the backdrop, game-wise it means enabling videos (and so English/French/etc. intro and death videos), it also is a low, uncrisp quality video (Rad didn't like anything better than Standard Definition). Aside from that it stretches over 30 seconds, which I hear is the reasonable limit of using video. Oh and it certainly doesn't mix with the M2 music . Either way it will not feature in the first release (hoping HBO lets it get that far) and I am now doubtful it ever will.

Would be nice if I was able to just argue my point to them, not live in fear of them putting their foot down!

Anyone have any ideas for what image would make the perfect backdrop to the main menu?
    Last edited by Inarus; June 29, 2012 at 05:46 AM.

TV + Epic game = mind blown
    "Whatever you do, make certain your hands are clean" - Lord Petyr Baelish

"Falsehood and delusion are allowed in no case whatever: but, as in the exercise of all the virtues, there is an economy of truth. It is a sort of temperance, by which a man speaks truth with measure that he may speak it the longer." - Robert Armstrong

Finlander's Avatar ★Absolutely Fin-bulous★
    Content Emeritus

Nice one. Good luck!

Quote Originally Posted by Inarus View Post
    Hmmm, well I was already unsure of using the Title Credits in the backdrop, game-wise it means enabling videos (and so English/French/etc. intro and death videos), it also is a low, uncrisp quality video (Rad didn't like anything better than Standard Definition). Aside from that it stretches over 30 seconds, which I hear is the reasonable limit of using video. Oh and it certainly doesn't mix with the M2 music . Either way it will not feature in the first release (hoping HBO lets it get that far) and I am now doubtful it ever will.

Would be nice if I was able to just argue my point to them, not live in fear of them putting their foot down!

Anyone have any ideas for what image would make the perfect backdrop to the main menu?
    Why not contact them? I would imagine they'll act in a more considerate manner if someone asks permission rather than simply waits for them to find out and then hopes they won't shut it down. If you just explain what you want to do, the worst they can do is say no, which realistically would just save you the effort of making the mod and having them No No it at a later date anyway.

Looks good btw, hope it all comes together!
    Leading House Lannister in Yet another Hotseat

Campidoctor

Looks very nice, I am interested in getting to play this mod (got hooked into this world after watching the series!) and having images from the TV show would be great!

Is there really much problem with HBO for it though? I know it's copyrighted but the Third Age mod uses plenty of movie content.

Finlander's Avatar ★Absolutely Fin-bulous★
    Content Emeritus

Contacting them is the quickliest way to get this shut.

Just saying.

Murfmurf's Avatar Primicerius

I've already tried contacting HBO (well, the studio that produced the soundtrack) to ask for permission to use the music. They just didn't respond, even after several more pestering e-mails.

Westeros: Total War Unit-Maker
    Check out our previews here!

Hate to break it to you, but everything is copyrighted. The pictures, the video, the music, everything. Using your load screens, using pics of the actors, all of that breaks the copyright laws and allows HBO - more importantly AOL Time Warner to sue you if they please. There is a statute of limitations on it, but it keeps retolling with every update to the game and goes for atleast 3 years depending on the state.

That said, just because they can sue you, will they? Also what can they get from you? What are the damages? That you freely advertised their show? The best they probably can ever get out of you is a order to cease. MAYBE some sort of punative damages like you see with MP3 downloading, but honestly that all sounds very far fretched.

as long as Internet remains free copy rights are meaningless. and thank god for that.

this is a modding site...

why not just relax and stay on topic, which would be inarus' submod

you can discuss law elsewhere..noone in this forum has ever gained a penny out of this and in any case there are many cases in which, whenever someone had a problem with something, the modders edited their work etc..so no harm done..please just stay on topic..no need to play self-proclaimed net-lawyers

btw...GREAT LETTER FONT!
    Last edited by Noobio; November 28, 2011 at 11:09 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Noobas View Post
    this is a modding site...

why not just relax and stay on topic, which would be inarus' submod

you can discuss law elsewhere..noone in this forum has ever gained a penny out of this and in any case there are many cases in which, whenever someone had a problem with something, the modders edited their work etc..so no harm done..please just stay on topic..no need to play self-proclaimed net-lawyers

btw...GREAT LETTER FONT!
    Thank you noobas. The issue of Copyright is clearly in a grey area and let's not get too worked up about me downloading images from the internet solely to make people happy and promote awesome TV.

(If I do suffer a long period of inactivity on TWC, I may have been secretly extradited to America, if this happens please do console my family with the news that this mod was appreciated* )

Either way I have decided not to include the Title Credits as the menu background, it just doesn't work well enough, the cons outweigh the pros, etc.

Therefore I need a new Title Screen, my original idea was the Iron Throne however when I loaded up W:TW I was presented with a hideous image which looked as though the Throne had succumbed to the long hours of sustaining Robert Baratheon's immense weight (My aspect ratio had stretched it out hideously, in other words )

If anyone is knowledgeable in the matters of such stretching of images and if it's just a downside of my laptop having a wide screen and other people probably won't suffer the same then please say.

Otherwise, I would ask for some input: what do you want as the backdrop to the menu? What sums up the raging war in Westeros?

well to be honest.. i don't think your idea will work

-there's only one season, many portraits are gonna be missing,
    -many of those that are already presented, are way different than their actual book-descriptions
    -event pics are gonna be a real bitz, lets say everything about battles and sieges..general dies, enemy general dies, settlement taken, building lost etc etc..
    the tv show isn't displaying anything that relative (maybe they'll do blackwater, but who knows in what scale..)

and you also "have" to have some variaty regarding the different cultures, for whatever kind of event pic..how are you ever gonna find anything dorne related ? or are you gonna use pics from other films ?

you're just gonna end up with a miss matched motley bunch of pics, i'm afraid...
    your concept is beautiful but also seriously flawed..
    the TA had 3 films of epic proportions with another 2 coming up and not as much detailed characters appearances (tolkien's work on the war of the ring, was mostly about the middle-earth races and 10-15 characters, while martin's is about around 100 fully fleshed out, main, secondary and even tertiary characters..tough deal )

maybe you should reform your concept and concentrate on just

-loading and menu screens
    (you already have some great stuff, as i can see from the previews, maybe you should also include the variou spromotional pics with the various characters on the iron throne or the various banners and why not some fan art too..like certain show-pics , processed with photoshop etc...i'll take a look in my drive and see what i have to send you)

-quotes

Page 1 of 63 12345678910112651 ... LastLast