Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: General Andy's Musket Sounds

Default Re: General Andy's Musket Sounds

Quote Originally Posted by miguel11 View Post
    I am wondering the same thing. Could someone help us?
    Never mind, I found the way. For future references, if you want to replace the musket sounds of NTW3 follow the steps bellow,

1. Download Pack File Manager here.
    2. Unzip the Pack File Manager ZIP file.
    3. From this link download General Andy's Musket Sounds (you will need to log-in to download).
    4. Unzip onto your desktop.
    5. Launch the application by clicking PackFileManager.exe
    6. From the top menu select File ---> Open.
    7. Open folders until you find the folders name sfx.
    8. Select the file sfx.
    9. From the top menu select Files ---> Extract ---> Extract Selected.
    10. Put it onto your desktop.
    11. Now, again from the top menu go to File ---> Open and look for the following path asuming you have the Steam version of the game,
    C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\Napoleon Total War\data\mod NTW3_hb_patch_v361.pack
    12. Inside that pack file you will find a folder name sfx. Open sfx ---> weapons ---> muskets and you will find the files you have to replace with General Andy's Musket Sounds files.
    13. Backup that sfx folder before proceeding to replace them by following step #9 in case something goes wrong.
    14. Now, you will have to replace, one by one, the files on the folder musket. Don't worry, they have the same names, from the General Andy's Musket Sounds folder to the NTW3 folder.
    15. Select the file you want to replace (e.g. emp_hyb_weapon_musketfire_01_v1.00_gme.wav) then go to Files ---> Replace File , look into the General Andy's Musket Sounds folder folder for the file with the same name.
    16. Repeat #15 until all files have been replaced. DO NOT TOUCH, emp_hyb_weapon_musketfire_16_v1.00_gme.wav AND emp_hyb_weapon_musketfire_17_v1.00_gme.wav.

That's it, hope this will help people like me in the future.

Cheers...

upnarmed's Avatar Laetus

Thank bro

Druidic's Avatar Foederatus

I am a total noobie (Newbie?) when it comes to modding. I understand the part where you extract files to Empire/data, but WHERE in the data folder?

Campaign_maps, campaigns, or UI?

Quote Originally Posted by Druidic View Post
    I am a total noobie (Newbie?) when it comes to modding. I understand the part where you extract files to Empire/data, but WHERE in the data folder?

Campaign_maps, campaigns, or UI?
    NVM, i winged it and it worked! I am overjoyed with the results. This, sir, is a great mod. +1 rep

Thank you for these sounds General Andy and for that instructional miguel11! I have just added these sound to the excellent TAR mod. I discovered them after I recently started playing the outstanding LME4 (this is the same musket sound mod in that one right? If not they sound identical) and wanted them in TAR. Between Mech_Donald's smoke mod, these sounds, my surround sound system and my 40" monitor on ultra settings, I just had two of my friends jaws hit the floor, two friends who thought the Civ series was the pinnacle of wargaming

Hi all, i get problem with the folder i think

When i download it. I install in C:\Program Files (x86)\steam\SteamApps\common\Empire Total War\data

But the sound's doesn't work its still the sounds defaults

Thanks guys.

I throwed the patch file in my napoleonic total war v 3.7 data folder and nothing happend.
    I hope you can help me.

Quote Originally Posted by Spice View Post
    I throwed the patch file in my napoleonic total war v 3.7 data folder and nothing happend.
    I hope you can help me.
    Same problem here.

Hi,

When ever I seem to downoad the file, I only get an attachement.php fil. Am I missing something.
    This is by far the best Musket sound mod I have ever heard, and I wan't it t be part of my empire game.

Thank you so much in avance

Looks great but I'm a bit of an amateur in downloading mods. I need a video if it was possible, maybe put one in a comment?

sambrady19's Avatar Laetus

Excellent mod, i love the thundering ring these sounds have to them.

Hey General Andy, I really like those musket sounds, really atmospheric! The only thing is that in my opinion the sounds are far too low espiacially given that ETW is very quiet already. Do you think its possible too make those sounds louder?

Can you install this on a Mac copy of NTW?

Can't find the download... or am I blind?

Is this mod dead? Can someone give me an actual link that takes me to a download page?

Alwyn's Avatar Frothy Goodness
    Content Director Patrician Citizen

I have a copy of this mod. It is against the rules to distribute a modder's work without permission from the mod creator. I wonder if the creator of this mod is still around? If not, is it possible for a moderator to advise on whether it would be okay for me to re-upload this mod?

. If there was any way to privately (between me and u only) distribute the mod then it wouldn't be that bad would it?

Dear Alwyn
    Please send me a copy of this mod to my mail fondoff89@gmail.com
    thanx

Alwyn's Avatar Frothy Goodness
    Content Director Patrician Citizen

TWC rules say that we can only distribute mods created by other people with their permission. Obviously, the creator of this mod wanted people to be able to access it. I contacted moderators and asked if I could make it available again. One moderator who replied said that they would refer this question to a senior person on this site and I don't think they have had a reply yet. I do not want to jeopardise my ability to post here and download mods from here, so I am sorry - I am not going to distribute a mod which I got from TWC without permission, on this site or by email.

What's the mod's creator's opinion about all that ?...