Page 94 of 106 FirstFirst ... 446984858687888990919293949596979899100101102103104 ... LastLast
Results 1,861 to 1,880 of 2106

Thread: RodG 1.5 - Easy and painfree Installation

Default Re: RodG 1.5 - Easy and painfree Installation

It is not the original? Then what does it different?

hi there,
    i installed the game from steam. then i installed the 3 parts from COW. i installed the patch and the fix. and when i wanna start by clicking the icon, the loadingscreen appears and the "Sigma preserve us, Chaos has taken over" message end it. i tried it a few times with uninstalling and reinstalling. the only thing i couldnīt do was using the Kingdoms Launcher App because ing bitdefender said it could damage the computer, but i tried to use the universal mod launcher. i had the same result, that the "Sigma preserve us, Chaos has taken over" message came and the game ends.

pls help me. what can i do?

I did as you said, it started downloading, now it freezes here.

Welcome to the sigma preserve us club.

Gigantus's Avatar I am not special - I am a limited edition.
    Patrician took an arrow to the knee spy of the council

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by erza3 View Post
    Any suggestion on a work around so I can fight battles without the game crashing because of army using those two unit types.

off my topic is there any way to halt the Dwarves from steamrolling the campaign, by turn 10 the dwarves has almost achieved victory when i'm not playing them (kind of makes it hard to play the High Elves due to the dwarves taking the northern coastal reagions of the Empire).
    Workaround - not without heavy modding or installing M2TW somewhere else (My non steam installation is C:\M2TW\mods\Rage_of_dark_Gods). Shortening the mod folder's name and editing the CFG file accordingly will make it even shorter.

In fact try the latter:
    Change the mod folder's name from Rage_of_dark_Gods to RodG
    Open the CFG file with Notepad and change this part: mod = mods/Rage_of_dark_Gods to mod = mods/RodG

That's down 13 letters already

Dwarfs - they get a couple of regions via script, you can check that by removing the fog of war before the first turn end. Other then hoping that your game play is sufficient to counter their advance would be to increase the number of required regions for them in win_conditions.

Quote Originally Posted by skeletoon View Post
    It is not the original? Then what does it different?
    I take it you never tried to install the original version. Apart from a very easy way to install and a massive reduction in size it also includes numerous fixes (Read the version history)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sniffla View Post
    hi there,
    i installed the game from steam. then i installed the 3 parts from COW. i installed the patch and the fix. and when i wanna start by clicking the icon, the loadingscreen appears and the "Sigma preserve us, Chaos has taken over" message end it. i tried it a few times with uninstalling and reinstalling. the only thing i couldnīt do was using the Kingdoms Launcher App because ing bitdefender said it could damage the computer, but i tried to use the universal mod launcher. i had the same result, that the "Sigma preserve us, Chaos has taken over" message came and the game ends.

pls help me. what can i do?
    There should be no need to use any launcher - you have installed the patch and the fix, which means you can use th edesktop shortcut to start the game. If it still crashes please read the 'error reporting' section in the first post and report back.
    Quote Originally Posted by ColtonMB616 View Post
    I did as you said, it started downloading, now it freezes here.
    That is the spot were it will freeze for a while. As long as your hard drive light stays active do not interrupt the installation.
    Last edited by Gigantus; June 01, 2015 at 10:37 PM.

here is the log
    Attached Files Attached Files

Blog Entries

The dreaded crash at the animation processing. Are you sure you have installed all three parts into the main folder (...\Medieval II Total War\)?

Please have a look if your Rage_of_dark_Gods folder has a 'mods' sub folder (mods\Rage_of_dark_Gods\mods)
    Also check the size of the mods\Rage_of_dark_Gods folder, it should be about 8.8GB

there is no mods subfolder. and it says 8.77 gb size and 8.84 gb size on disk.

The mod might need a update or submod for steam version of Medieval Total war 2 Dark Elf Mage suffer from this issue.

12:58:57.236 [system.io] [info] open: found mods/Rage_of_dark_Gods/data/unit_models/_units/warhammer/Dark_elf/model/DE_mages/DE_mages_norm.texture (from: E:\Steam\steamapps\common\Medieval II Total War)
    12:58:57.250 [system.io] [info] exists: missing mods/Rage_of_dark_Gods/data/unit_models/_units/warhammer/Dark_elf/model/DE_mages/DE_mages_diff.texture__unit_models/_units/warhammer/Dark_elf/model/DE_mages/DE_mages_atta.texture
    12:58:57.251 [system.io] [info] exists: missing mods/Rage_of_dark_Gods/data/unit_models/_units/warhammer/Dark_elf/model/DE_mages/DE_mages_diff.texture__unit_models/_units/warhammer/Dark_elf/model/DE_mages/DE_mages_atta.texture
    12:58:57.251 [system.io] [info] exists: missing mods/Rage_of_dark_Gods/data/unit_models/_units/warhammer/Dark_elf/model/DE_mages/DE_mages_norm.texture__unit_models/_units/warhammer/Dark_elf/model/DE_mages/DE_mages_atta_norm.texture
    12:58:57.251 [system.io] [info] exists: missing mods/Rage_of_dark_Gods/data/unit_models/_units/warhammer/Dark_elf/model/DE_mages/DE_mages_norm.texture__unit_models/_units/warhammer/Dark_elf/model/DE_mages/DE_mages_atta_norm.texture
    12:58:57.664 [system.rpt] [error] Sigma preserve us, Chaos has taken over!

Closing the gates to save our souls!

I'm currently testing custom battles to find out what other units are crippled by this. Renaming the mod file and and altering cfg didn't work.

Are the install instructions correct, I can't start the campaign unless the english translation menu fix from Shredder is installed last.

17:04:58.287 [script.err] [error] Script Error in mods/Rage_of_dark_Gods/data/world/maps/campaign/imperial_campaign/descr_strat.txt, at line 861, column 5
    Settlement specifies port, but this region is not allowed a port - can be ignored,but port building will not be created for settlement!

17:04:58.287 [script.err] [error] Script Error in mods/Rage_of_dark_Gods/data/world/maps/campaign/imperial_campaign/descr_strat.txt, at line 861, column 5
    could not create settlement at script line 861.

These two lines appeared in the log after the campaign failed to start.

pls help me! i just bought the game because of that mod...

waiting for instructions

Hello, I've been trying to get this mod to work but haven't had any luck so far. I used the installers, patch, and fixes in the exact order in the instructions and after checking the log each time the same files are missing and even four entire folders are missing each time I install the mod. The game always crashes right at the startup after it show the initial image and the loading cursor. I have the steam version of the game and I'm using 1.51. My log should be attached to this post unless I messed something up.

M2TW.system.log.7z

My issues with the units causing a ctd when loading the battle map appear to be fixed after reinstalling, turns out I forgot to install the patch 5 file .

To pocketfish22 and sniffla do you have the Kingdoms dlc, I apologize beforehand if this is a dumb question.

After using a torrent to download the mod, there should be 4 DO files for part 1, 2 DO files for part 2 and 5 DO files for part 3 (as well as the 3 installers and the readme).
    I could recommend re-downloading the mod with a different torrent (I used torrent platinum for mine and take about 3-4 hours with about 88 seeds).

Does anyone know why my game crashes when ever I want to do a siege battle?

Check the last lines of the MTW2 log file after the ctd. I had a similar issue with empire archers and dark elf sorcerers causing a ctd when going to the battle map.

Yes I have the Kingdoms dlc and I tried a different torrent program and now I'm getting an unspecified error instead. Since it's not that long I'll just paste it in.

17:19:07.400 [system.rpt] [always] CPU: SSE2
    17:19:07.400 [system.rpt] [always] ==== system log start, build date: Sep 5 2014 version development ===
    17:19:07.400 [system.io] [always] mounted pack packs/data_0.pack
    17:19:07.400 [system.io] [always] mounted pack packs/data_1.pack
    17:19:07.400 [system.io] [always] mounted pack packs/data_2.pack
    17:19:07.400 [system.io] [always] mounted pack packs/data_3.pack
    17:19:07.400 [system.io] [always] mounted pack packs/data_4.pack
    17:19:07.400 [system.io] [always] mounted pack packs/localized.pack
    17:19:10.316 [system.rpt] [error] Unspecified error. The game will now exit.

One key step to getting any mod to work (at least for steam versions I think), is to launch MTW2 before installing any mods. launching the game for the first time on steam version installs the last few files for the game and is the only I can think of that cause a ctd at the RoDG loadscreen.

I finally managed to get it to work after a few more reinstalls, though I'm not exactly sure if what I was doing wrong. Thanks for the help erza3.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Sniffla View Post

pls help me! i just bought the game because of that mod...

waiting for instructions
    If you have a disc version of the game then you also need to install at least one of the kingdom campaigns and update to version 1.05. Alternatively check this tutorial on how to use your disc install code for a steam download. In Steam you need to also download the Kingdoms DLC (it's free of charge).

Please copy the complete path to the Rage_of_dark_Gods folder - you may have installed wrongly.
    Last edited by Gigantus; June 12, 2015 at 08:00 AM.

I've managed to get the mod to start for the most part, but every time i attempt to start the Storm of Chaos campaign, I'm only returned to the main menu. Is there a fix for this?