Page 21 of 248 FirstFirst ... 1112131415161718192021222324252627282930314671121 ... LastLast

Thread: TATW Unofficial patch 4.0

Default Re: Preview: Extra custom settlements (update 12/27/11) Dain's Halls 2.0

Quote Originally Posted by leo.civil.uefs View Post

Can dum was initialy bigger, then I found myself with 2 circle of walls tottaly empty and had to reduce it, THERE IS NO PROPER STUFF TO FIT IT. If you dont trust my competence, take a look on KK's Dol Guldur and you will see what Im talking about.

Yes, Cirith totally deserves a rework,not in concept or models but in textures and terrain, I have no intention of releasing it the way it is now. Its ugly (but getting closer to be nice).

Carn Dum terrain can be easly changed when implemented in the game. And it stills my favourite settle.
    Yes I understand.
    But this is the only thing I have to reproach to some new custom settlement (dol guldur, imlandris...), it's the lack of space. Lack of space means lack of defensive possibilities, which means lack of strategy, which means lack of total war.

Some settlement are boring to defend because there is not enough space to do anything : you just put your archer at the same spot, your infantery at the same spot and wait the end of the battle.

Anyway, this is just a suggestion, not a complaint, and your settlements looks awesome anyway.

But in my opinion and on a strategic viewpoint, I think you could increase the size of carn dum, even if it makes it a little empty.

And don't worry, I trust your competence, especially after seeing dain's hall

leo.civil.uefs's Avatar É nóis que vôa bruxăo!

Default Re: Preview: Extra custom settlements (update 12/27/11) Dain's Halls 2.0

Quote Originally Posted by GueulEclator View Post
    Yes I understand.
    But this is the only thing I have to reproach to some new custom settlement (dol guldur, imlandris...), it's the lack of space. Lack of space means lack of defensive possibilities, which means lack of strategy, which means lack of total war.

Some settlement are boring to defend because there is not enough space to do anything : you just put your archer at the same spot, your infantery at the same spot and wait the end of the battle.

Anyway, this is just a suggestion, not a complaint, and your settlements looks awesome anyway.

But in my opinion and on a strategic viewpoint, I think you could increase the size of carn dum, even if it makes it a little empty.

And don't worry, I trust your competence, especially after seeing dain's hall
    I see what you mean. But dont worry, in carn dum you have 2 bridges, 2 circles of wall and 2 different heigh levels.

paradamed's Avatar Praepositus

Quote Originally Posted by GueulEclator View Post
    Yes I understand.
    I disagree. These settlements offer different challenges and we cant always fight the same strategy in every settlement. Sometimes sheer numbers matter more than tactics and this was true in many battles, in both fantasy and reality alike. The lack of space offers a different approach which I like. Besides how did you expect Imladris to be? Could it be any different?

As I said before, I dont know how to implement them properly in the campaign.
    Im making more and more because it is funny.
    I'm curious, what's funny about creating new settlements? I see nothing to laugh about with your work.

Do you possibly mean fun (i.e. enjoyable) or do you literally mean it's funny, as in, like a joke?

I think Dain's Hall's is about the best from you yet!

Quote Originally Posted by marceror View Post
    I'm curious, what's funny about creating new settlements? I see nothing to laugh about with your work.

Do you possibly mean fun (i.e. enjoyable) or do you literally mean it's funny, as in, like a joke?
    Are you serious?
    In my opinion it's pretty obvious in which kind he means it's funny ... I can literally see him sitting in front of his PC and laughing his ass off while making custom settlements

No really, I think he just enjoys creating things

And btw since I haven't said anything to them yet: Nice work on the settlements
    Thanks beforehand (optional addition )
    With best regards,

Förster44

Quote Originally Posted by Förster44 View Post
    Are you serious?
    In my opinion it's pretty obvious in which kind he means it's funny ... I can literally see him sitting in front of his PC and laughing his ass off while making custom settlements

No really, I think he just enjoys creating things

And btw since I haven't said anything to them yet: Nice work on the settlements
    Yes, you got it.

Yes, making settlements dont make me laught but reading this forum yes, for sure.
    Some times I really laught with you guys.

Its funny to create settlements for middle earth knowing that they can be played then. Crafting them in a way that will need new strategies to conquer and all, that is what is funny.

Quote Originally Posted by paradamed View Post
    I disagree. These settlements offer different challenges and we cant always fight the same strategy in every settlement. Sometimes sheer numbers matter more than tactics and this was true in many battles, in both fantasy and reality alike. The lack of space offers a different approach which I like. Besides how did you expect Imladris to be? Could it be any different?

strategy is all about how you maneuver your units . Lack of space means like of maneuver possibility, which means lack of strategy possibilities.
    It's evident.

Mmmm just one question...When do you plan on releasing it?
    Best M2TW mods :)

1st Place) Third Age
    2nd Place) THERA - Call of Warhammer

Leo; With every settlement you create, your skills get better and better!

Dain's Halls has blown my mind a little. Looking forward to fighting that one!! Bloody awesome work!
    -HK

THE CAKE IS A LIE!

Incredible Bulk's Avatar Vicarius

Quote Originally Posted by .:Zack Fair:. View Post
    Mmmm just one question...When do you plan on releasing it?
    wondering my self, when?

Yes, you got it.

Yes, making settlements dont make me laught but reading this forum yes, for sure.
    Some times I really laught with you guys.

Its funny to create settlements for middle earth knowing that they can be played then. Crafting them in a way that will need new strategies to conquer and all, that is what is funny.
    Okay, well the correct word in English for that would be "fun" rather than "funny." Fun is something you enjoy. Funny is something that makes you laugh, like a joke.

Emperor of Hell's Avatar SPA-NED 1-5

Why couldn't he be laughing when making a custom settlement ?

lolIsuck's Avatar WE HAVE NO CAKE!
    Patrician Citizen took an arrow to the knee

I don't laugh when making a map, when I play later on the map I made I may laugh but not during the process of making it

Is it possible to release your settlements, perhaps only for historical battles.

wait the next official patch and pray KK will implement them.

paradamed's Avatar Praepositus

We just had patch 3.1 I bet it will take some time until a next patch is released.

Means leo might have another settlement finished by then

fightermedic's Avatar Ordinarius

very nice update!

yes, im working in something new (wich will be one of the most interesting settlements released for TATW until now, if I manage to finish it )

Probably KK and D_A are also working in something new.

Thranduils Halls!!!!
    Although you're more a dwarf-men (Know it sounds weird) so I would guess Erebor or Lake-Town as I find that a cool settlement too
    edit: Or something completely different of course