Thread: Problem with folders. Please help.

Default Problem with folders. Please help.

So I am downloading 6.3, and while installing the setup this pops up, saying the folder doesn't exist or something. Anyone know?
    http://a4.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphot..._1887063_n.jpg

Thanks.
    Last edited by Iceclaw; April 01, 2011 at 09:07 PM.

Caesar Clivus's Avatar SS Forum Moderator

Default Re: Whats this? I thought it automatically made a folder.

Make sure all the files you downloaded are in the same directory.

BftB2 UPDATED 22nd DECEMBER. Member of the Complete Byzantine Unit Roster team

I've only downloaded this. It's the 6.3 setup. It's the first Kingdoms mod on my new comp.

Ok it says it is going to make this folder: C:\Program Files (x86)\SEGA\Medieval II Total War\mods\SS6.3

and then, when I hit install, it says

---
    Please insert Dick 1 and click OK.
    If the files on this disk can be found in a folder other than the one displayed below, enter the correct path or click browse.

Path:
    C:\Users\Valued Customer\Downloads
    ---

But my admin name isn't "valued customer" Does that have anything to do with it? Does the download need to be placed into the "C:\Program Files (x86)\SEGA\Medieval II Total War\mods\SS6.3" folder? I tried that then tried installing again and it went back to the dialog box I wrote above and says "SS6.3-1.bin can" not be found in "C:\Program Files (x86)\SEGA\Medieval II Total War\mods\SS6.3"

I don't get it.
    Last edited by Iceclaw; April 01, 2011 at 09:13 PM.

Losthief's Avatar Campidoctor

Quote Originally Posted by Iceclaw View Post
    I've only downloaded this. It's the 6.3 setup. It's the first Kingdoms mod on my new comp.

Ok it says it is going to make this folder: C:\Program Files (x86)\SEGA\Medieval II Total War\mods\SS6.3

and then, when I hit install, it says

---
    Please insert Dick 1 and click OK.
    If the files on this disk can be found in a folder other than the one displayed below, enter the correct path or click browse.

Path:
    C:\Users\Valued Customer\Downloads
    ---

But my admin name isn't "valued customer" Does that have anything to do with it? Does the download need to be placed into the "C:\Program Files (x86)\SEGA\Medieval II Total War\mods\SS6.3" folder? I tried that then tried installing again and it went back to the dialog box I wrote above and says "SS6.3-1.bin can" not be found in "C:\Program Files (x86)\SEGA\Medieval II Total War\mods\SS6.3"

I don't get it.
    do you have ss6.3-1.bin, ss6.3-2.bin, ss6.3-3.bin, ss6.3-4.bin and ss6.3-5.bin and ss6.3.exe?

if so take all of those and create a new folder on your desktop labeled ss6.3 install. Move all 6 files to that folder and only those 6 files. Double click the horsey (ss6.3.exe) and it should install. Also make sure UAC is off and that you give mtw2 and ss admin rights.

Default Re: Problem with folders. Please help.

I've only downloaded the setup, there is nothing called 'bin' just 6.3 setup

Quote Originally Posted by Iceclaw View Post
    I've only downloaded the setup, there is nothing called 'bin' just 6.3 setup
    You need to download all files including the ones Losthief mentioned. I suggest using the torrent found on
    http://www.gameupdates.org/details.php?id=4247
    - you need to download a total of 2.4gb

SS6.3-1.bin596.1 MB SS6.3-2.bin599.0 MB SS6.3-3.bin599.0 MB SS6.3-4.bin599.0 MB SS6.3-5.bin66.1 MB SS6.3.exe2.9 MB
    If you have downloaded files named zip.001 etc then those need to be converted to .bin first.

Oh so I need to download all those and THEN the setup. Thanks, I'll try it.