Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Third Age: Reforged - 0.8 Released! (Third Age 3.2 Overhaul)

Reus's Avatar Laetus

Default Third Age: Reforged - 0.8 Released! (Third Age 3.2 Overhaul)

Third Age: Reforged
    ___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Latest Full Version: Reforged 0.6 Beta

PATCH 0.7
    & PATCH 0.8

STEAMDISCORDMODDB ● TWCENTER

This thread is a work in progress and will be updated to include more information. Format will also be improved.

Special shoutout to Arachir and the Divide and Conquer team for allowing us to use their tools, models and more. We would also like to point out how much of a help the Call of Warhammer: Beginning of The End Times mod team has been to us. They have explained us certain procedures and have given us a model to use for the war goats - not to mention an elk model from their own mod. Hats off to both parties for their great sportsmanship and contributions to the modding community.
    They are a gem. <3

Default Re: Third Age: Reforged - 0.8 Released! (Third Age 3.2 Overhaul)

I know the focus is on the multiplayer and custom modes, but is the campaign still playable?

Dutch-Balrog's Avatar Domesticus

No, this is purely for custom battles and online. Unless you want to see settlements like minas tirith and barad-dur popping up as as random battlemaps.

Quote Originally Posted by Dutch-Balrog View Post
    No, this is purely for custom battles and online. Unless you want to see settlements like minas tirith and barad-dur popping up as as random battlemaps.
    Heh, that'd be good for a laugh. Thanks for the answer

Reus's Avatar Laetus

Yeah, the campaign isn't playable at all.

chriskourou's Avatar Semisalis

It's good some people are still working on a 10+ year old game and I enjoy your work, mostly by watching online battles on youtube. Just one thought though.

In my opinion the best thing about tatw, is the tolkien lore and the fact that a battle gives us some middle earthen experience. Many of the new units are not lore accurate, making the game seem different and taking away the "middle earth" feeling. In order to make it more balanced, an idea would be, buffing up the original units, not creating units that do not belong there.

With sincere appreciation

Dutch-Balrog's Avatar Domesticus

Well i guess simply not using the lore-rape units should do heh.

Reus's Avatar Laetus

Quote Originally Posted by chriskourou View Post
    It's good some people are still working on a 10+ year old game and I enjoy your work, mostly by watching online battles on youtube. Just one thought though.

In my opinion the best thing about tatw, is the tolkien lore and the fact that a battle gives us some middle earthen experience. Many of the new units are not lore accurate, making the game seem different and taking away the "middle earth" feeling. In order to make it more balanced, an idea would be, buffing up the original units, not creating units that do not belong there.

With sincere appreciation
    Yeah, I get what you mean. I mean, you could always refrain from using said units, as Dutch-Balrog pointed out, but I hate giving responses like that. Everything is, however, already being rebalanced - the original units included - which would be a step in the right direction. We'll take it into consideration. Thanks for the feedback and support.

The maps alone were enough to make me love this mod. I was so god damned tired of "Grassy Plain" I can't even tell you.

So, after buying M2TWK on steam, I really want to get to playing online battles and reforged seems perfect for it. I'd like to ask something, cause it's my first time on steam. If want to go back to 3.2 what's the procedure? I mean, If you have the disc, you simply uninstall and install from scratch. What's with steam ?

♔atthias♔'s Avatar dutch speaking
    Citizen

So, after buying M2TWK on steam, I really want to get to playing online battles and reforged seems perfect for it. I'd like to ask something, cause it's my first time on steam. If want to go back to 3.2 what's the procedure? I mean, If you have the disc, you simply uninstall and install from scratch. What's with steam ?
    same procedure
    Rise of Mordor 3D Modelers Wanted
    Total War - Rise of Mordor
    Are you a 3D Environment and Character artist, or a Character Animator?

If yes, then the Rise of Mordor team linked above is looking for you!
    Massive Overhaul Submod Units!
    D you want some units back in MOS 1.7? Install this mod http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...n-1-1-RELEASED
    It adds back units who were deleted from the campaign in MOS 1.7, namely the Winged Swordsmen, the Citadel Guard Archers and the Gondor Dismounted Bodyguard.

Under the proud patronage of
    Frunk of the house of Siblesz

Hey there, I really enjoy this mod eventually, but I'm facing a huge problem and I need your guidance.

There seems to be something going wrong with my game today. Just today. I use reforged 0.85 and It seems almost noone can read what I'm writing and when I'm trying to host a game, nobody is able to join.

Any ideas? The only thing I did, is getting discord, but after I realised I couldnt play, I turned it off.

Hey there, I really enjoy this mod eventually, but I'm facing a huge problem and I need your guidance.

There seems to be something going wrong with my game today. Just today. I use reforged 0.85 and It seems almost noone can read what I'm writing and when I'm trying to host a game, nobody is able to join.

Any ideas? The only thing I did, is getting discord, but after I realised I couldnt play, I turned it off.

Okay, i can help you more if you could join https://discord.gg/rnNXfDd our discord server. It's more simple for me to answer to everyone there! thanks !

Default Third age TW: Reforged multiplayer sub mod

Hi third age fans.
    For those who don't know we are a multiplayer sub mod (yes the one with the goats) for third age total war. Download here

http://www.moddb.com/mods/third-age-reforged

We are now on twitch, YouTube and twitter as well as on our discord which has over 1000 members so come play and talk with the team. Patch 0.9 is out shortly so expect more of everything coming soon!

https://www.twitch.tv/thirdagereforged

https://twitter.com/tatwReforged

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCCQ...eS-Cmg9-4FO8pQ

https://discord.gg/rnNXfDd

Thank you!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Laetus

Hi all,

Patch 0.9 is now out as a standalone download and available to download at http://www.moddb.com/mods/third-age-reforged

It contains 4 new factions, around 100 new units and 5 new battle maps!

Also join us on discord here https://discord.gg/rnNXfDd

Many thanks,

The Reforged Modding team

https://youtu.be/kItNmCXuPiI new behind the scenes look at model creations for third age reforged. Patch 0.91 is out too, it's just an addition to 0.9 to balance stats out

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

where I can download the patch?

Veteraan's Avatar TATW Local Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by marcofar View Post
    where I can download the patch?
    From Moddb it would seem. At least that's what they link to in the post that is 2 places above yours.

Citizenised by Shankbot - Patron of b0Gia - House de Bodemloze

I mean the 0.91 from the post above mine

Veteraan's Avatar TATW Local Moderator

Which can be found there also.

I take it you did not check the link then.

Citizenised by Shankbot - Patron of b0Gia - House de Bodemloze

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast