View Poll Results: Favorite faction to play as so far?

Voters
366. You may not vote on this poll
  • Mordor

24 6.56%
  • Gondor

81 22.13%
  • Rohan

25 6.83%
  • Isengard

32 8.74%
  • Rhun

14 3.83%
  • Dale

15 4.10%
  • Balchoth

5 1.37%
  • Variags

7 1.91%
  • Harad

6 1.64%
  • Eriador/Men of the West

35 9.56%
  • Reunited Kingdom

33 9.02%
  • Beornings

8 2.19%
  • Dwarves of Erebor

24 6.56%
  • Dwarves of Ered Luin

8 2.19%
  • Orocarni Dwarves

25 6.83%
  • High Elves

41 11.20%
  • Galadhrim Elves

26 7.10%
  • Mirkwood Elves

21 5.74%
  • Avari Elves

31 8.47%
  • Dunlendings

6 1.64%
  • Corsairs and Outlaws

11 3.01%
  • Orcs of the Misty Mountains

5 1.37%
  • Orcs of Gundabad

5 1.37%
  • Brood of Ancalagon

6 1.64%
  • Brood of Glaurung

2 0.55%
  • Brood of Scatha

2 0.55%
  • Spawn of Ungoliant

2 0.55%
  • Creatures of the Night

2 0.55%
  • Creations of Eru

10 2.73%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 261 of 265 FirstFirst ... 161211236251252253254255256257258259260261262263264265 LastLast
Results 5,201 to 5,220 of 5286

Thread: Dagor Ennor (aka PCP) ~ M2TW & TATW Re-Imagined ~ 31 Factions + 32 Rebel Factions ~ MAXED Buildings/Units/Regions ~ Interact with ALL the indigenous peoples of Middle-Earth... and then terminate them with extreme prejudice.

Default Re: Dagor Ennor (aka PCP) ~ M2TW & TATW Re-Imagined ~ 31 Factions + 32 Rebel Factions ~ MAXED Buildings/Units/Regions ~ Interact with ALL the indigenous peoples of Middle-Earth... and then terminate them with extreme prejudice.

How do I know if my mod is working? I checked some gondorians towns as the Kingdom of Gondor and I could build the Barracks to recruit professional troops and other buildings like ports and paved roads. But the roster of factions is still the same... I don't see any new factions and the campaign stills begins at 2980. Using the Third Age bat starts the mod but using the 3rd.Age.bat stars vanilla game.

EDIT: Fixed, but now faces the same problem of other people, crash in battles. It loads and all, but after a few seconds into it crashes.
    Last edited by john_peter; December 18, 2017 at 05:18 AM.

Default Re: Dagor Ennor (aka PCP) ~ M2TW & TATW Re-Imagined ~ 31 Factions + 32 Rebel Factions ~ MAXED Buildings/Units/Regions ~ Interact with ALL the indigenous peoples of Middle-Earth... and then terminate them with extreme prejudice.

Happy New Year! I just started playing this great mod again, and I notice food production boost stays at .5% no matter how many farm upgrades I build. Any advice on how to fix this?

In custom battles, when I select the size of city/castle, the game crash. Does anyone know why and how to fix it?

Hello! I have played this mod for 277 turns as Men of the West, and I loved it!

My hope was to become The Reunited Kingdom, but as you already discussed, the script is not working. I defeated Isengard and was trying to reach Mordor, then I got a message saying that The One Ring was with The Dark Lord, without any previous message! And my diplomatic relations became very poor with many allied factions.

So, to not waste my progress, I tried to kill the Dark Lord and see what could happen. But my problem was the Nazgul. As Gondor have conquested the two gates, Mordor was bankrupt, so, they started to gather all the Nazgul into the same army. It's just impossible to defeat one single, how about almost 20? And they respawn... I did not read the books, but in the movies, they are not so numerous (in the game, each general have 5 or 6, I don't remember).

My questions are:
    1) Is there any way to defeat them without auto solve battles? If not, How could I reduce their numbers? I don't know how to modding.

2) Have you already fixed the scripts about The One Ring? If yes, could you put here the new files?

Don't give up this mod, please! The best one I've ever played hahaha

Sorry for my English, I'm brazilian

♔atthias♔'s Avatar dutch speaking
    Citizen

Quote Originally Posted by Fernando2019 View Post
    Hello! I have played this mod for 277 turns as Men of the West, and I loved it!

My hope was to become The Reunited Kingdom, but as you already discussed, the script is not working. I defeated Isengard and was trying to reach Mordor, then I got a message saying that The One Ring was with The Dark Lord, without any previous message! And my diplomatic relations became very poor with many allied factions.

So, to not waste my progress, I tried to kill the Dark Lord and see what could happen. But my problem was the Nazgul. As Gondor have conquested the two gates, Mordor was bankrupt, so, they started to gather all the Nazgul into the same army. It's just impossible to defeat one single, how about almost 20? And they respawn... I did not read the books, but in the movies, they are not so numerous (in the game, each general have 5 or 6, I don't remember).

My questions are:
    1) Is there any way to defeat them without auto solve battles? If not, How could I reduce their numbers? I don't know how to modding.

2) Have you already fixed the scripts about The One Ring? If yes, could you put here the new files?

Don't give up this mod, please! The best one I've ever played hahaha

Sorry for my English, I'm brazilian
    for killing nazgul use catapults or any artillery they ignore the multiple hit points the nazgul have if using flaming shot
    Rise of Mordor 3D Modelers Wanted
    Total War - Rise of Mordor
    Are you a 3D Environment and Character artist, or a Character Animator?

If yes, then the Rise of Mordor team linked above is looking for you!
    Massive Overhaul Submod Units!
    D you want some units back in MOS 1.7? Install this mod http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...n-1-1-RELEASED
    It adds back units who were deleted from the campaign in MOS 1.7, namely the Winged Swordsmen, the Citadel Guard Archers and the Gondor Dismounted Bodyguard.

Under the proud patronage of
    Frunk of the house of Siblesz

I will check out what was reported and post some answers later. Thanks for reporting it.

Quote Originally Posted by Fernando2019 View Post
    I recently deleted my files for a fresh install of the latest version and your question made me go digging in my old posts. It looks like the ring script hasn't been fixed in the released version yet, so I guess I should re-fix it in my local copy and start a fresh campaign so it takes effect.

You have to change a bunch of lines but it's pretty straightforward work. Here is an example of how to do it: You just have to do it for a bunch of places that are copy/pasted.

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...1#post15407265

Back from several month hiatus after getting frustrated not being able to install the submod. I decided to try to install this again (I really want to beta test the PCP-First Age submod), and ran into the same problems. I have MTW for steam, which seems to be the main issue. I can get vanilla TATW to work just fine, either within steam or from a desktop icon. But every time I try to install PCP when I click the desk top ring icon I get just the startup screen briefly and then exit back to desktop. This happens when I click on the .bat files directly as well. I've read many things, tried many things - is there a comprehensive troubleshooter somewhere now, geared toward the common man? Vague acronyms or references to processes are not helpful. Just interested in checking this out, but frustrated again - I wonder if there are a significant number of others who would be trying this if there were better directions.

Quote Originally Posted by Kellenpure View Post
    Back from several month hiatus after getting frustrated not being able to install the submod. I decided to try to install this again (I really want to beta test the PCP-First Age submod), and ran into the same problems. I have MTW for steam, which seems to be the main issue. I can get vanilla TATW to work just fine, either within steam or from a desktop icon. But every time I try to install PCP when I click the desk top ring icon I get just the startup screen briefly and then exit back to desktop. This happens when I click on the .bat files directly as well. I've read many things, tried many things - is there a comprehensive troubleshooter somewhere now, geared toward the common man? Vague acronyms or references to processes are not helpful. Just interested in checking this out, but frustrated again - I wonder if there are a significant number of others who would be trying this if there were better directions.
    After installing PCP, try with "Alternative Launch Option" from here: http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...1#post15206172
    American, French, Israeli and British government's ILLEGAL aggression against the Syrian people, without any proof for chemical attacks in Douma, and without waiting for OPCW to conduct their investigation..
    Sons of *******, leave that poor, war torn country in peace.
    If you are a citizen of one of these countries, then DO NOT ask any help from me on these forums, since, in protest against this aggression by your governments, I do not provide assistance/help anymore.
    Let Syria be finally in peace.

A video of false chemical attack in Douma, Syria, which led to Western illegal attacks.

Quote Originally Posted by ElvenKind View Post
    After installing PCP, try with "Alternative Launch Option" from here: http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...1#post15206172
    One problem I've found is that I can't delete the existing "data" file in vanilla TATW - I get message that I need administrator permission. I've tried all sorts off sites to resolve this and nothing is working - I am the fracking administrator! I'm thinking that in the past when I dragged and dropped the replacement data file from PCP installer it's not fully replacing the vanilla file because of this permission issue. So one more thing to work out.

One problem I've found is that I can't delete the existing "data" file in vanilla TATW - I get message that I need administrator permission. I've tried all sorts off sites to resolve this and nothing is working - I am the fracking administrator! I'm thinking that in the past when I dragged and dropped the replacement data file from PCP installer it's not fully replacing the vanilla file because of this permission issue. So one more thing to work out.
    What Windows do you have? And, why are you deleting the existing "data" folder in vanilla TATW? You should not do that, since you need it.
    American, French, Israeli and British government's ILLEGAL aggression against the Syrian people, without any proof for chemical attacks in Douma, and without waiting for OPCW to conduct their investigation..
    If you are a citizen of one of these countries, then DO NOT ask any help from me on these forums, since, in protest against this aggression by your governments, I do not provide assistance/help anymore.

A video of false chemical attack in Douma, Syria, which led to Western illegal attacks.

What Windows do you have? And, why are you deleting the existing "data" folder in vanilla TATW? You should not do that, since you need it.
    Again, this is part of my problem with the directions. It says to download the PCP installer to desktop and run it, which gives you a data file on your desktop. Then it says replace the data file in TATW. That to me sounds like change out the data file in the TATW vanilla that I am converting to PCP, and replace it with the PCP data file.

Anyhow, I was able to delete the existing data file by deleting files from the bottom up, which for some reason does not require administrator approval. Time consuming. Then put in the PCP data file. Game starts and gets to beginning screen where you choose faction, but once I choose a faction it exits.

Soooooo, it sounds like maybe I need to leave an existing TATW vanilla in the mods folder, and next to it have a copy that I modify into PCP? I don't recall needing two separate files with my last install.

Whenever I attempt to install PCP to my desktop on Windows 10 after disabling UAC it still prompt me to log on as an administrator. I am the only user on my PC so I'm not sure what the problem is. I really could use some help if anybody is out there

Again, this is part of my problem with the directions. It says to download the PCP installer to desktop and run it, which gives you a data file on your desktop. Then it says replace the data file in TATW. That to me sounds like change out the data file in the TATW vanilla that I am converting to PCP, and replace it with the PCP data file.

Anyhow, I was able to delete the existing data file by deleting files from the bottom up, which for some reason does not require administrator approval. Time consuming. Then put in the PCP data file. Game starts and gets to beginning screen where you choose faction, but once I choose a faction it exits.

Soooooo, it sounds like maybe I need to leave an existing TATW vanilla in the mods folder, and next to it have a copy that I modify into PCP? I don't recall needing two separate files with my last install.
    Well, data folder from the vanilla TATW needs to stay there, so when you copy+paste the PCP data folder (from your desktop) into that vanilla TATW folder, you do copy and replace the existing vanilla data folder, but, it still leaves the vanilla files which are not overwritten by the new files from PCP data folder. For example: vanilla faction intro movies, vanilla units models, textures, info and unit cards, vanilla sounds etc.

So, just install TATW 3.0 + 3.2, do not delete anything from it ( you can make a backup copy of your whole vanilla folder, in case you want to reinstall etc.), and, install PCP files (only thing which gets deleted is by PCP Cleaner, but that is another thing).
    Quote Originally Posted by Connor437KTM View Post
    Whenever I attempt to install PCP to my desktop on Windows 10 after disabling UAC it still prompt me to log on as an administrator. I am the only user on my PC so I'm not sure what the problem is. I really could use some help if anybody is out there
    Piece of crap Windows 10 does not turn off UAC completely like it does on Win 7, and you will never get full control of your PC as in Win 7. Maybe this would help: https://www.addictivetips.com/window...-unknown-apps/

Well, data folder from the vanilla TATW needs to stay there, so when you copy+paste the PCP data folder (from your desktop) into that vanilla TATW folder, you do copy and replace the existing vanilla data folder, but, it still leaves the vanilla files which are not overwritten by the new files from PCP data folder. For example: vanilla faction intro movies, vanilla units models, textures, info and unit cards, vanilla sounds etc.

So, just install TATW 3.0 + 3.2, do not delete anything from it ( you can make a backup copy of your whole vanilla folder, in case you want to reinstall etc.), and, install PCP files (only thing which gets deleted is by PCP Cleaner, but that is another thing).

Piece of crap Windows 10 does not turn off UAC completely like it does on Win 7, and you will never get full control of your PC as in Win 7. Maybe this would help: https://www.addictivetips.com/window...-unknown-apps/
    Finally! After all this it was the stupid auto time setting on my laptop that was messing things up. So many odd little things like that which can sabotage the whole program. All seems to be working, quite a bit has been improved in the Beleriand campaign since I last played!

Thanks for the encouragement and help Elvenkind, I was ready to give up again.

is there a new version of this mod now or is it still the same it was before winter

ElvenKind, I tried following the tutorial from the link you provided however my Control Panel lacks any of those options. Forgive me for being a noobie to this forum but I am not sure how to exactly share the screenshot I took

ElvenKind, I tried following the tutorial from the link you provided however my Control Panel lacks any of those options. Forgive me for being a noobie to this forum but I am not sure how to exactly share the screenshot I took
    So I ran it as an administrator and was able to solve my previous problem. After moving the data folders from the main PCP data file and the Third Age Campaigns I am not sure what to do next. Can anybody help? Thanks

So I ran it as an administrator and was able to solve my previous problem. After moving the data folders from the main PCP data file and the Third Age Campaigns I am not sure what to do next. Can anybody help? Thanks
    Well, if you have a working TATW 3.2 installed, in which you had installed PCP Cleaner file, and had run it to clean things which need to be cleaned, and now, had installed/moved PCP`s data folder + Third Age campaigns, then just run Third Age.bat (batch) file to start the mod.

If that doesn`t work, then: rename the folder (the one where PCP files are installed, presumably Third_Age_3) as PCP . Now, download Notepad++ (it is a free version text editor) and install it.

Next, go to your newly renamed PCP folder, locate TATW.cfg (configuration) file, right mouse click on it and press "Edit with Notepad++", and change this:

Code:
    [features]
    editor = true
    mod = mods/Third_Age_PCP
    to this:

Code:
    [features]
    editor = true
    mod = mods/PCP
    Save and Exit.

Next, go again to your newly renamed PCP folder, locate Third Age.bat (batch) file, right mouse click on it and press "Edit with Notepad++", and change this:

Code:
    cd ..\..
    start kingdoms.exe @mods\Third_Age_PCP\TATW.cfg
    to this:

Code:
    cd ..\..
    start kingdoms.exe @mods\PCP\TATW.cfg
    Save and Exit. Run Third_Age.bat (batch) file to start your mod.

Good luck!

Hi all i have a problem i installed the mod following the instructions but when i want to run it to takes me back to desktop without any message of crashing or something. got windows 7 and non steam version. i disabled UAC and did everything

thanks!