Thread: Townhall - Curial Commentary and Chat

Elfdude's Avatar Tribunus
    Patrician Citizen

Default Re: Townhall - Curial Commentary and Chat

It means you're a citizen + special award IIRC.

Commissar Caligula_'s Avatar The Ecstasy of Potatoes

Quote Originally Posted by StealthFox View Post
    Yep, Patricians are the sole body who determines when the bat signal is illuminated.

The patrician rank and badge was passed here. It wasn't always displayed as text when another badge was selected though. That change happened just a few days ago, so that's probably what you're noticing.
    What new roles were created? Has Administrator Emeritus always been a thing, or is it just more visible now?

StealthFox's Avatar Consensus Achieved
    Content Emeritus spy of the council

There haven't been any new roles created, at least not to my knowledge. Administrator Emeritus is the same case as what happened to the Patrician group. It was previously there, it just now displays underneath whatever chosen badge is selected.

Hader's Avatar Things are very seldom what they seem. In my experience, they’re usually a damn sight worse.
    took an arrow to the knee spy of the council

Blog Entries

No new roles were created, existing ones just tweaked, which is mainly patrician and admin emeritus being displayable as text under a main usergroup badge.

Can someone explain the status of emeritus?

Is it just an honorary thing for someone that has served in a specific position for a set period of time or is it retired status but the person still has access and acts as an advisor.

Thanks

Gigantus's Avatar I am not special - I am a limited edition.
    Patrician took an arrow to the knee spy of the council

Blog Entries

The latter, without admin abilities given to the original position.

Thanks. That was what I suspected.

TheDarkKnight's Avatar Compliance will be rewarded
    took an arrow to the knee Content Emeritus spy of the council

Blog Entries

Hmm...Well then I know of someone who is missing his emeritus tag.

Shame on all of you. I will have to finally delete the Curia for this insult
    Things I trust more than American conservatives:

Drinks from Bill Cosby, Flint Michigan tap water, Plane rides from Al Qaeda, Anything on the menu at Chipotle, Medical procedures from Mengele

Gigantus's Avatar I am not special - I am a limited edition.
    Patrician took an arrow to the knee spy of the council

Blog Entries

It's not automatically conferred.

It's preceded by an interest shown by the member in question to continue participating in an advisory capacity in that particular group despite having resigned from full time involvement thereof.

General Brewster's Avatar The Flying Dutchman
    Blog Entries

Are the annals going to get an update?

Also, do you happen to have the exact date when my Magistrate appointment expires? No worries if you haven't got it tracked in the Curator's Guide.

Quote Originally Posted by General Brewster View Post
    Are the annals going to get an update?

Also, do you happen to have the exact date when my Magistrate appointment expires? No worries if you haven't got it tracked in the Curator's Guide.
    Yep, I haven't forgotten. It's honestly pretty far down on the priority list though, more than likely it will be one of the last things I do before my term is up. It's nice to have that information compiled nicely in one place, but I don't see it as something particularly urgent to have done, imo.

Application and debate thread for the end of your term go up March 26.

Blog Entries

Thank you very much kinsman.

Blog Entries

Also, I don't suppose I could resign my citizenship and remain a Magistrate for the duration of my term?

Elfdude's Avatar Tribunus
    Patrician Citizen

I would've already updated it but I've been pulling 60+ hour weeks at the job. After this weekend I should have a normal 40 hr week to take a look at updating things. As far as I understand it a magistrate has to be a citizen to be eligible but I dont see anything specific about maintaining citizenship by choice while magistrate, could be interpreted as a gray area so long as it isn't removed via punishment. I dont know how a VoNC might work in that situation...

Blog Entries

It was no criticism towards you or the Fox. I was just wondering.

I'll await the Fox's judgement on it. Otherwise I will probably, but maybe not finish my magistrate term before resigning my citizenship and start a suspension by request. This site has lost all it's value to me.

Since the magistrate is a Curial position I don't think it would be right for a non-citizen to occupy the position. That being said there is nothing in the Constitution addressing the issue.

I hope you will reconsider your decision to resign your citizenship and leave the site. I'm not going to run again for Curator/Consul when my term is up, so I'm hoping you and several others will join in to make it a competitive race.

Commissar Caligula_'s Avatar The Ecstasy of Potatoes

It was no criticism towards you or the Fox. I was just wondering.

I'll await the Fox's judgement on it. Otherwise I will probably, but maybe not finish my magistrate term before resigning my citizenship and start a suspension by request. This site has lost all it's value to me.
    Brewster! Your birthday was only a few days ago, you can't be having a mid-life crisis already.

It is logical if you are required to be a citizen to apply, then when you no longer meet the requirement, then you are no longer eligible to hold the position.

I supposed the implicit vs. explicit language debate will rage on. LOL

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by StealthFox View Post
    Since the magistrate is a Curial position I don't think it would be right for a non-citizen to occupy the position. That being said there is nothing in the Constitution addressing the issue.

I hope you will reconsider your decision to resign your citizenship and leave the site. I'm not going to run again for Curator/Consul when my term is up, so I'm hoping you and several others will join in to make it a competitive race.
    But by all means I would remain a citizen, I only chose not to be part of a user group. After all, people who are not part of the user groups and thus "resigned" can still be refered for their conduct. Or at least they could, I havent yet figured out the new system.

I do appreciate that you say that.. I'll think about it.

Quote Originally Posted by Commissar Caligula_ View Post
    Brewster! Your birthday was only a few days ago, you can't be having a mid-life crisis already.
    I already passed my half way point so this is an other crisis

But by all means I would remain a citizen, I only chose not to be part of a user group. After all, people who are not part of the user groups and thus "resigned" can still be refered for their conduct. Or at least they could, I havent yet figured out the new system.

I do appreciate that you say that.. I'll think about it.
    In the older wording that was technically true, though in practice it was never done.

The correct wording is different.
    Reinstatement of Citizenship will only be permitted if the petitioner has no active Curial suspensions, and has not received a Moderation Warning (subsequent to the resignation) within six months of the request. Members who resign their Citizen status are not bound by the obligations of Citizenship whilst on leave, but any misbehaviour prior to a request of reinstatement can be subject to Referral (if the petitioner is readmitted).
    In essence, you are not a citizen. Your behavior is only a question or interest if and only if you request it back.
    Its essentially the citizenship minimal requirement, plus the specter of a possible referral after the fact. I guess it would be an Ostrakon.