Page 535 of 536 FirstFirst ... 35435485510525526527528529530531532533534535536 LastLast
Results 10,681 to 10,700 of 10702

Thread: Guess where?

Flinn's Avatar His Dudeness of TWC
    Patrician Citizen Consul Content Emeritus spy of the council

Blog Entries

Default Re: Guess where?

Lake Kezenoyam. The last hint gave it away
    Under the patronage of Finlander, patron of Lugotorix & Lifthrasir & joerock22 & Socrates1984 & Kilo11 & Vladyvid & Dick Cheney & phazer & Jake Armitage & webba 84 of the Imperial House of Hader

Correct. Didn't look like anyone is trying so I thought it's better close this round.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Septentrionalis View Post
    Correct. Didn't look like anyone is trying so I thought it's better close this round.
    Yes it's frustrating when no one guesses, but it happens every once in a while. Onto the next one, then!

should be pretty easy
    Under the patronage of Finlander, patron of Lugotorix & Lifthrasir & joerock22 & Socrates1984 & Kilo11 & Vladyvid & Dick Cheney & phazer & Jake Armitage & webba 84 of the Imperial House of Hader

Muizer's Avatar member 3519
    Patrician Artifex

Well, that's the Foro Boario in Roma. Looks to have changed a bit since I was last there.
    "Lay these words to heart, Lucilius, that you may scorn the pleasure which comes from the applause of the majority. Many men praise you; but have you any reason for being pleased with yourself, if you are a person whom the many can understand?" - Lucius Annaeus Seneca -

Blog Entries

That's it, the general area. But can you tell me which is the name of the Temple?

Patrician Artifex

I can look that up for you The round one is the temple of Hercules Victor, the one in the background is the temple of Portunus.
    "Lay these words to heart, Lucilius, that you may scorn the pleasure which comes from the applause of the majority. Many men praise you; but have you any reason for being pleased with yourself, if you are a person whom the many can understand?" - Lucius Annaeus Seneca -

Patrician Artifex

Next!

nhytgbvfeco2's Avatar Praefectus

Well, there appears to be a Belgian flag, but I couldn't find this memorial. Can't quite tell what the second flag is, it's not one of Belgium's regions. Might be that of a town or something. Only thing it reminds me of is the flag of tennessee..

This Anzac Hill in Alice Springs, Australia, and a monument for those who died in WW1.

https://northernterritory.com/alice-...-hill-memorial

nhytgbvfeco2's Avatar Praefectus

Hah, that's a yellow circle, not a line. Nice one

Patrician Artifex

This Anzac Hill in Alice Springs, Australia, and a monument for those who died in WW1.

https://northernterritory.com/alice-...-hill-memorial
    Correct! Over to you.

Patrician Artifex

North Cape, the northernmost point of continental Europe.

Yes, this is it! Well done.

Patrician Artifex

That was pretty tough actually. Thought it was a kind of observatory first, before I realized that ball shape is more like a radar dome. Then first I thought it was at high altitude before I realized it could be up north.

Quote Originally Posted by Muizer View Post
    That was pretty tough actually. Thought it was a kind of observatory first, before I realized that ball shape is more like a radar dome. Then first I thought it was at high altitude before I realized it could be up north.
    Interesting, and thank you for the feedback! I thought it would not be excessively hard once a participant realized that the metal grid is a globe, a bit easier when you spot its shadow to the left.

But I was perhaps overestimating how helpful that was. It took me a while to find a picture I could post, because most showed the thing in its entirety and just googling "metal globe" would have been enough. "Metal globe north" would offer next to nothing but North Cape. Considering how vague the clues were in the picture I posted, I think you did a really good job in locating the place.

Patrician Artifex

Same mountain. Other side.

Since we are the most active participants in Guess Where, I feel obliged to tell you that my involvement at TWC has come to its end. Many, many thanks but no goodbyes. This stimulating practice that I do not feel entirely right to call a competition can continue on another platform if you so wish.

Patrician Artifex

Since we are the most active participants in Guess Where, I feel obliged to tell you that my involvement at TWC has come to its end. Many, many thanks but no goodbyes. This stimulating practice that I do not feel entirely right to call a competition can continue on another platform if you so wish.
    Sorry to hear it Sept! I may drop in on discord every once in a while.

This feels to me like somewhere in Tierra del Feugo. But that is a big area, and the exact spot I have not yet found.
    | Community Creative Writing
    | My Library
    | My Mapping Resources
    | My Nabataean AAR for EBII
    | My Ongoing Creative Writing