Page 160 of 165 FirstFirst ... 60110135150151152153154155156157158159160161162163164165 LastLast
Results 3,181 to 3,200 of 3294

Thread: Additional Units Mod - Empire (AUM-EMP) 3.7 - updated 14.3.18

Default Re: Additional Units Mod - Empire (AUM-EMP) 3.6 - updated 21.10.17

Quote Originally Posted by ariete View Post
    hi swiss
    i started a campaign as United Kingdom.
    in 1706 i upgraded the parliament in England and i can't yet recruit the 33rd on foot.
    moreover upgrading the governor building in Scotland i can't yet recruit the highlander line infantry.
    my question are:
    - why this happen for these regions above, meanwhile, for example, in Irealand i can continue to recruit the irish volunteers despite i already upgraded the governor building ?
    - what i have to do to re-recruit highlander line infantry in Scotland and 33rd on foot in England? do i have to change the monarchy regime or downgrade the governor building of these regions ?
    thank you in advance
    The 33rd Foot is a vanilla unit, but I can't remember the exact requirements and I'm away on a work trip, so I can't check it at home at the moment.

But here is a quick overview of all Scottish custom units and I added basically all needed buildings.
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Scottish Line Infantry

Internal database ID:
    scottish_line_infantry

region: scotland
    required technology: military_army_plug_bayonet

drill_school
    army_board
    military_academy
    army_staff_college
    minor_magistrate
    minor_governors_residence
    magistrate
    governors_residence

Highlander Warband

Internal database ID:
    highlander_warband

no required technology

drill_school
    army_board
    military_academy
    army_staff_college
    governors_residence
    magistrate
    minor_governors_residence
    minor_magistrate

Scottish Highland Independent Company

Internal database ID:
    ornamentum_infantry_british_highlanders_independent

required technology: military_army_plug_bayonet

drill_school
    army_board
    military_academy
    army_staff_college

Royal Highland Grenadiers

Internal database ID:
    ornamentum_infantry_scots_grenadiers

required technology: military_ordnance_improved_grenades

army_board
    army_staff_college
    military_academy

ariete's Avatar Foederatus

thank you swiss
    so, as far i understood, until in Scotlad there's a magistrate or governor residence i can recruit scottish line infantry, if i upgrade that building in government council i can't recruit no more that unit. right?
    about 33rd on foot in England, evidently i can't recruit no more that unit until i upgrade the gov building in parliament chamber.
    so, because basically i'm newbi, it isn't convenient burn the chance to recruit particular units in a specific region upgrading the gov building, so aiming to gain much money from incomes and taxes?! do i wrong? how forecast this, i mean not always is displayed correctly how much units i can't loose if i'm going to upgrade a certain type of buildng. anyway i would know what better strategy a pioneer of this game would use, if have the chance to recruit more type of units in that particular region or choose to gain much money and so have more repression values in that specific region.
    thank you again and sorry for the mistakes about that english i try to speak
    Last edited by ariete; February 04, 2018 at 06:47 AM.

thank you swiss
    so, as far i understood, until in Scotlad there's a magistrate or governor residence i can recruit scottish line infantry, if i upgrade that building in government council i can't recruit no more that unit. right?
    about 33rd on foot in England, evidently i can't recruit no more that unit until i upgrade the gov building in parliament chamber.
    so, because basically i'm newbi, it isn't convenient burn the chance to recruit particular units in a specific region upgrading the gov building, so aiming to gain much money from incomes and taxes?! do i wrong? how forecast this, i mean not always is displayed correctly how much units i can't loose if i'm going to upgrade a certain type of buildng. anyway i would know what better strategy a pioneer of this game would use, if have the chance to recruit more type of units in that particular region or choose to gain much money and so have more repression values in that specific region.
    thank you again and sorry for the mistakes about that english i try to speak
    Basically you should be able to recruit all my listed units above with the buildings which I listed there. I didn't removed a "later" building from my units if they were able for recruitment in an "earlier" building. So they should be recruitable all the way up from low to high buildings. And I didn't changed the recruitment in terms of "getting more taxes or income with a specific building, but removing units therefore".

About the vanilla units and the 33rd foot, I know that some of the vanilla building requirements are unfortunately bugged somehow.

I didn't removed a "later" building from my units if they were able for recruitment in an "earlier" building. So they should be recruitable all the way up from low to high buildings
    this is the point swiss, in Scotland if i'm going to upgrade the gov building i loose the highlanders line infantry in recruitment section. can someone check this?!
    thank you

this is the point swiss, in Scotland if i'm going to upgrade the gov building i loose the highlanders line infantry in recruitment section. can someone check this?! thank you
    Yes sure I understand your point. But as I wrote earlier, I'm away on a work trip, so I can't check this at the moment on my home PC. Please be calm, patiently and I'll look at this.

hah

no i can't wait ...

here below, the link to download the save file.
    you can check in the present turn, you can recruit highlanders in Scotland, and in the next turn, when the upgrade gov building is finished, it's no more possible
    http://www.mediafire.com/file/sv9rwo...05.empire_save

thank you Swiss and don't worry, i'm extremely calm and patience

thank you Swiss and don't worry, i'm extremely calm and patience
    I checked the recruitment now and I can fix it. Also for other units I need to do some adjustments so it takes a while to test all.

About the 33rd Foot, this vanilla unit is restricted to only one unit by the base game, so you can't recruit more than one unit.

Vanders's Avatar Civis

Quote Originally Posted by Swiss Halberdier View Post
    No I don't plan to release submods to my AUM-EMP.

But you could easily customize it that only the vanilla unlocked units will show up.

Download the "Pack File Manager" and with this tool you can edit all .pack files from mods:
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?759230

I wrote a tutorial how to customize all my AUM mods and check the section "How to remove custom units or unlocked vanilla units":
    http://www.twcenter.net/wiki/How_to_...Unit_Pack_Mods
    Thanks! Those tutorials look very helpful, I'll give that a go.

Maybe you could add an additional tutorial: I'm using your graphics mod and I'd like to revert only Austria's state flag back to the old one with the eagle. How can I do this?

Quote Originally Posted by Vanders View Post
    Thanks! Those tutorials look very helpful, I'll give that a go.
    Maybe you could add an additional tutorial: I'm using your graphics mod and I'd like to revert only Austria's state flag back to the old one with the eagle. How can I do this?
    Yes you can use the Pack File Manager and open the aum_emp_optional_graphics.pack.

open ui > flags
    right click on the austria folder and choose delete (do the same with the folder austria_republic).
    open File > and choose Save

Hello AUM-EMP players,

I decided to release a fixed pre-version of AUM-EMP 3.7 which contains several fixes of reported issues. This pre-version is fully save game compatible and you can play further in your current campaigns.

This public pre-version will be available for some weeks while I will do further tests. I will inform you here if I updated this pre-version again.

If all works as intented, then I will release the official new update.

Please report any issues you find.

Changelog:
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

- fully save game compatible
    - adjusted and enhanced several unit-to-buildings assignments of the custom AUM-EMP and ORNAMENTUM units in the campaigns
    - removed all custom and vanilla trading ships in the DARTHMOD version as it is intended for the DARTHMOD gameplay. All available warships have the trading ability in the DARTHMOD version. If you or the AI already built custom and/or vanilla trading ships, then these ships will be kept in your current save game. But they aren't anymore available if you start a new campaign.

https://www.mediafire.com/folder/v9a...7/AUM%20Empire

Enjoy AUM-EMP
    Swiss Halberdier

Hello AUM-EMP players,

I made further tests with the pre-version of AUM-EMP 3.7 and so far all works as intended.

I counted several downloads and no issues have been reported so far.

Please report any issues you find or also if all works good.

Prussian Jager's Avatar Laetus

Hello Swiss, amazing work thank you so much for all you do! I'm a longtime Empire player, but new to the Moding scene and I've recently discovered "Minor Factions Revenge" An overhall mod. I used it and loved it. I then discovered your mod and the two work together great! With one problem. The text for the new technologies, buildings and factions for MFR has vanished because of the UPC-EMP. It's not a huge deal and I can, and will play without it but I was wondering if there was anything I could do to fix this. Could I add the text files from MFR to the UPC-EMP? How would I go about that? Or maybe I'm doing somthing else wrong? I'm not sure this is new to me.

Thanks for any advice you can offer and I really appreciate the mod. (The Scottish units are just beautiful and it warms my Celtic heart to see them!)
    Cheers

BillyJohnson367's Avatar Laetus

Gotta say, best mod I've seen so far. I've heard of Darthmod and such, but those mods are big and usually change the whole game. All the mods I got right now is this one and Empire Total Factions (They work well together).

So far, this mod has no problems, although the men on horseback seem to be glitchy a little, coming off their horses, but this could be the ETF mod, or just me maybe?

I haven't even been through all the units. Was impressed by how much there was to play with. This mod makes countries like Prussia OP and broken to play. Just starting Prussia, I see all these units in East Prussia and all I can think is that I'm gonna F up Poland, SOOOOO HARRRRD. And it makes the minor nations fun to play, without the mod they were boring.

There so much to play with, I'm don't know which to use first! I might just reenact the Third Reich and conquer Russia the right way :3

Overall, great mod, definitely recommend.

BillyJohnson367's Avatar Laetus

I've noticed you had some issues and looking through the thread, I wasn't sure if your troubles were taken care of, so I took the liberty to look into the issues with more details.

You have two problems and two questions.

With your first problem,

It doesn't matter if you upgrade the government building in London to a higher level. If you have the necessary DLC from Steam, the unit should be there regardless. Mind you, you can only recruit one 33rd of Foot Infantry. Only one. But, it doesn't matter how far up the government building chain you go, the unit should be there.

With your second problem,

At the start of the Grand Campaign for Great Britain, you have a Governor's Residence (Level 2 Gov. Building) already placed in Scotland. With this building, you can recruit regular Militia, Clansmen, Highlander Warband, and Scottish Line Infantry.

I am not sure what unit of Scotland you're troubled with, as you called it the "Highlander Line Infantry". Are you referring to the Scottish Highlander Warband or the Scottish Line Infantry? Nevertheless, I'll check both.

To continue, when upgrading to a higher government building, such as the Government Council (Level 3) or the Government Chambers (Level 4), the units, except the regular Militia, are unavailable. However, after upgrading, the Highlander Warband and Scottish Line Infantry can be recruited by other means (except the Clansmen, they will be unavailable after upgrading from the Level 2 to the Level 3 government building).

To get the Highlander Warband and Scottish Line Infantry back, you need to research tech in order to get the Level 3 Barracks, the Drill School, in Scotland. After upgrading to the Level 3 Barracks, you can enjoy the two units further.

Please note, that the Scottish Line Infantry is only available after you have researched the Plug Bayonet. But to even get to the Level 3 Barracks, you would've already researched this tech and no problems should be shown (unless you decide to keep the Level 2 Gov Building instead of researching to the Level 3 Barracks, then at least research the Plug Bayonet to get the Scottish Line Infantry.

To answer your questions,

1. Ireland only gets one city and that's for government buildings. It might seems dumb to put the Highlander Warband and Scottish Line Infantry into a Level 2 Gov Building and then wipe them out until the Level 3 Barracks has been researched and obtained in Scotland if you have upgraded the Gov building, but nevertheless, you can still get the units.

2. I believe I already answered this. The 33rd Foot is available right at the start of the campaign and is available even after higher government buildings in London have been built. Only one can be deployed. Highlander Warband and Scottish Line Infantry can be obtained with the Level 2 Gov Building or Level 3 Barracks in Scotland (Scottish Line Infantry need Plug Bayonet researched before ever being deployed).

Hope this helps. If not, oh well, maybe it's useful to someone else having the same problem :3

This is for aretie, by the way.
    Last edited by Frunk; March 04, 2018 at 07:21 PM. Reason: Posts merged.

Quote Originally Posted by Prussian Jager View Post
    Hello Swiss, amazing work thank you so much for all you do! I'm a longtime Empire player, but new to the Moding scene and I've recently discovered "Minor Factions Revenge" An overhall mod. I used it and loved it. I then discovered your mod and the two work together great! With one problem. The text for the new technologies, buildings and factions for MFR has vanished because of the UPC-EMP. It's not a huge deal and I can, and will play without it but I was wondering if there was anything I could do to fix this. Could I add the text files from MFR to the UPC-EMP? How would I go about that? Or maybe I'm doing somthing else wrong? I'm not sure this is new to me.

Thanks for any advice you can offer and I really appreciate the mod. (The Scottish units are just beautiful and it warms my Celtic heart to see them!)
    Cheers
    Thanks a lot for your nice words!

Great that both mods work together and I don't know "Minor Factions Revenge". Yes normally big overhaul mods need their own UPC-like language file as they change lots of "vanilla" entries to their needs. So basically if I would integrate such big overhaul mods into the UPC-EMP, then all players who use the UPC-EMP would also see these changes. Even if they don't use this specific mod. So unfortunately I can't integrate mods that change "vanilla" entries.

But of course each modder is allowed to use UPC-EMP as a base and then he could add the needed changes to his own language file.

Probably you could ask this modder if he just copy/pastes my complete UPC-EMP below his entries and in this case his "changed" vanilla entries and other custom additions will for sure overwrite the UPC-EMP entries. And additionally all entries of the UPC-EMP will be visible too.

So yes as you asked for a merging-process of two language files. I try to describe the process here step by step:

Download and install the Pack File Manager.
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?759230

- open the menu "Options > Extract TSV file extension" and set it to TSV.

- open the UPC_English.pack and click on text/localisation.loc. In this file everything is stored.

- click on the button "Export TSV" and save the file as UPC_English.tsv.

- do the same export process with the other mod and save the file as MFR.tsv.

- open the UPC_English.tsv with Notepad ++

I highly recommend this awesome Text-Editor and I use it since years for all my modding needs related to text files. The reason is that the "normal Windows Text Editor" is not reliable if using very big text files like the UPC. And don't use Word or Excel for this as the syntax and layout could be changed too.

- open the MFR.tsv with Notepad ++

- copy/paste the whole content of the UPC_English.tsv to the bottom of the MFR.tsv.

- save the file with Notepad ++ to a new file UPC_MFR_merged.tsv.

- click on "Import TSV" in the UPC_English.pack and import this new merged file. Then click on "File > Save as" and create a new UPC_MFR_merged.pack.

This is the whole process to merge two language packs. Just take in mind that all entries which are above will always overwrite the same double entries which are below. But in your case it is wanted like this and just copy/paste the UPC content below the MFR content.

- Then remove the original UPC_English.pack and the other *.pack file from your data directory and just use the new created UPC_MFR_merged.pack.

Quote Originally Posted by BillyJohnson367 View Post
    Gotta say, best mod I've seen so far. I've heard of Darthmod and such, but those mods are big and usually change the whole game. All the mods I got right now is this one and Empire Total Factions (They work well together).

So far, this mod has no problems, although the men on horseback seem to be glitchy a little, coming off their horses, but this could be the ETF mod, or just me maybe?

I haven't even been through all the units. Was impressed by how much there was to play with. This mod makes countries like Prussia OP and broken to play. Just starting Prussia, I see all these units in East Prussia and all I can think is that I'm gonna F up Poland, SOOOOO HARRRRD. And it makes the minor nations fun to play, without the mod they were boring.

There so much to play with, I'm don't know which to use first! I might just reenact the Third Reich and conquer Russia the right way :3

Overall, great mod, definitely recommend.
    Thanks a lot for your nice words and cool to see that my mod is still beeing played after 9 years.

Yes lots of AUM-EMP units which aren't just for a special major faction are also available for the minor factions.

Quote Originally Posted by BillyJohnson367 View Post
    I've noticed you had some issues and looking through the thread, I wasn't sure if your troubles were taken care of, so I took the liberty to look into the issues with more details.

This is for aretie, by the way.
    Thanks for your detailed comments. I highly suggest to use my latest pre-version of AUM-EMP 3.7 and I fixed lots of buildings-to-units issues in there. So there shouldn't be anymore any "missing gaps" in the buildings. I also expanded for several units the recruitment a bit, that they are more available in different buildings.

So please read my post about the pre-version of AUM-EMP 3.7 above and install this version.

Prussian Jager's Avatar Laetus

You are a prince among men Swiss! Your step by step guide worked perfectly! It's all good! For a man whose never even opened PFM I made them work together on your instructions. Thank you very much for your help.

Quote Originally Posted by Prussian Jager View Post
    You are a prince among men Swiss! Your step by step guide worked perfectly! It's all good! For a man whose never even opened PFM I made them work together on your instructions. Thank you very much for your help.
    Great that my tutorial was helpful and thanks a lot! I made also another little tutorial here: http://www.twcenter.net/wiki/How_to_...Unit_Pack_Mods

So basically if you encounter another mod which isn't included in the UPC-EMP, then you could repeat this steps and just put the entries at the bottom.

Another side note is that I structurated all my UPC mods for all five supported games into "sections" for a better overview. The "line" means the line number if openend with Notepad ++.

line 1 "land_units_onscreen_name_UPC_Fixes" "------>>> UPC-EMP - ENGLISH - FIXES OF THE ORIGINAL LOC" "True"

This section contains fixes of the vanilla localisation if needed for a certain language.

line 5 "land_units_onscreen_name_UPC_Localisation_Original" "------>>> UPC-EMP - ENGLISH - ORIGINAL LOC" "True"

This section contains a plain copy/paste of the pure vanilla entries that these entries get loaded above all others.

line 34147 "land_units_onscreen_name_UPC" "------>>> START OF THE UPC" "True"

This section contains all custom added entries from the mods.

line 34148 "land_units_onscreen_name_MOD_AUM_EMP" "------>>> Additional Units Mod AUM-EMP by Swiss Halberdier" "True"

This is the start of my own AUM-EMP mod and below there are other "title sections" from other included mods.

Thanks to all in advance who reported these recruitment issues for their feedback if it works now good with the pre-version of AUM-EMP 3.7 above.

Vanders's Avatar Civis

Quote Originally Posted by Swiss Halberdier View Post
    Yes you can use the Pack File Manager and open the aum_emp_optional_graphics.pack.

open ui > flags
    right click on the austria folder and choose delete (do the same with the folder austria_republic).
    open File > and choose Save
    Thank you so much! I just have two more questions.

1. Will doing this also delete the new HRE eagle flag that the Austrian flag bearers wield?
    2. Can I edit something in this file to change Austria's faction name to Holy Roman Empire?

Quote Originally Posted by Vanders View Post
    Thank you so much! I just have two more questions.

1. Will doing this also delete the new HRE eagle flag that the Austrian flag bearers wield?
    2. Can I edit something in this file to change Austria's faction name to Holy Roman Empire?
    I recommend to creat first a backup of the aum_emp_optional_graphics.pack before you do any changes. So in case something goes wrong you don't need to download it again.

No I guess not and it should only revert the vanilla factions flags back to Austria.

No text changes would have to be made in my UPC-EMP language mod here.

1. you can open it with the PFM too
    2. open the file \text\localisation.loc
    3. click on the "Tag" column to sort all alphabetically
    4. search for this entry: "factions_screen_name_austria" "Austria"
    5. you can change the faction name how you like it.
    6. click on File > Save as and give a new name like UPC_Modified.pack
    7. remove the original UPC_*.pack away from the data folder that only your UPC_Modified.pack gets loaded by the game

As there are no new reports related to the fixed recruitment options and if I see that next week no issues will be reported with the pre-version AUM-EMP 3.7, then I will release it soon.