Page 32 of 106 FirstFirst ... 72223242526272829303132333435363738394041425782 ... LastLast

Thread: Stainless Steel 6.3 & 6.4 Suggestions

Meneth's Avatar I mod, therefore I am

Default Re: Stainless Steel 6.3 & 6.4 Suggestions

It's called the Roman Empire in MSC. It never was in vanilla SS (though it was called that in the Fixes)

newt's Avatar Primicerius

Quote Originally Posted by Gnostiko View Post
    update the Roman unit names to the more accurate ones that are used by RR/RC.
    Aren't they both from this?
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=266318

Gnostiko's Avatar Campidoctor

Quote Originally Posted by Meneth View Post
    It's called the Roman Empire in MSC. It never was in vanilla SS (though it was called that in the Fixes)
    Good shout, Meneth, but I've just updated to 6.4 and I can see the anger-inducing 'Byzantine Empire'.

Quote Originally Posted by newt View Post
    It was originally, but as CBUR's go-to guy for the RR/RC compilation I'd updated the names with a more consistent spelling convention and tweaked a couple of unit names to be more accurate.

Quote Originally Posted by newt View Post
    In descr_strat change this number higher. If you use 999 you'll probably never see any.

It requires a new game, so testing new numbers to find a spawn rate you like can be tricky and time consuming.

Ok I dont see descr_strat in my files but I found descr_rebel_factions and there is a huge list with various numbers. Is this what you mean and do I have to go through the whole list. I wanna start my campaign over at turn 50 cuz Im getting knocked around by freakin Greeks, Frenchmen, Danes as Im cowing to the Cumans. The last thing I need are TOO many rebels....sheesh but thanks...

At the moment with my games at least, the rebels and independents don't do anything but sit on a road and to make it worse the AI totally ignores them. In fact they totally ignore each other i have seen many times when there has been a huge rebel or independent army sitting right outside a AI controlled settlement with one general inside defending it. Even if the rebels were lead by a goat they would still attack a defenseless settlement like that

newt's Avatar Primicerius

Quote Originally Posted by MikeNice808 View Post
    Ok I dont see descr_strat in my files but I found descr_rebel_factions and there is a huge list with various numbers. Is this what you mean and do I have to go through the whole list. I wanna start my campaign over at turn 50 cuz Im getting knocked around by freakin Greeks, Frenchmen, Danes as Im cowing to the Cumans. The last thing I need are TOO many rebels....sheesh but thanks...

\data\world\maps\campaign\imperial_campaign\descr_strat.txt

brigand_spawn_value 40
    pirate_spawn_value 80
    You can change pirates too.

Campidoctor

First of all I must say that Armenian Cavalry is my favorite mercenary. I usually play as the ERE and I think it is strange that the Armenians have a Muslim banner and not an Orthodox one. It would be nice if you changed the standard into a cross or into something more 'Cilician'.

Fred Putz's Avatar Ordinarius

The imperial_regions_and_settlements.txt files (in the text folder) are both the same for early and late campaign. Perhaps it´s enough to include only one file for both campaigns. For me I´ve reintroduced "Königsberg" and "Mystras" for the late campaign in the german translation.

update the Roman unit names to the more accurate ones that are used by RR/RC.
    Yes i saw that too - already did that for the translation too.

Edit: to the region names: "East-Azerbaijan" is the correct name for the actual Province in Iran. But it´s located south of Azerbaijan - so perhaps "South-Azerbaijan" would be less confusing. (Already renamed it blablabla...)
    Last edited by Fred Putz; January 23, 2011 at 02:46 AM.
    German Translation for Stainless Steel
    6.2 RR/RC; 6.3, 6.4
    Projects / Submods
    Alternative AI-Economy (money script) StSt 6.2 RR/RC; StSt 6.3, 6.4; TATW; CoW; Resource for Your Mod
    Alternative Recruitment StSt 6.4
    Suggestions
    An apple a day keeps the doctor away!

Don´t forget to check out these Mods sooner or later:
    Shizoku no Senso - 1648 - Conquer the World

Rock´n´Roll!

Babri's Avatar Miles

Quote Originally Posted by Gnostiko View Post
    Rename the 'Byzantine' empire back to the rightful 'Roman Empire' and update the Roman unit names to the more accurate ones that are used by RR/RC.
    To me Byzantines suits them better. Roman Empire without Rome doesn't make much sense.

Caesar Clivus's Avatar SS Forum Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by Babri View Post
    To me Byzantines suits them better. Roman Empire without Rome doesn't make much sense.
    There is already a huge thread on the subject. Lets not open that can of worms yet again.

BftB2 UPDATED 22nd DECEMBER. Member of the Complete Byzantine Unit Roster team

Quote Originally Posted by Caesar Clivus View Post
    There is already a huge thread on the subject. Lets not open that can of worms yet again.
    Aye.

Tiro

Well why i am getting 4 priests with the antipope trait when i am not even excommunicated ????

Quote Originally Posted by neha123 View Post
    Well why i am getting 4 priests with the antipope trait when i am not even excommunicated ????
    A better question is why are you posting that in the suggestions thread and not the Bug Reports forum...

mattebubben's Avatar Senator

could u perhaps do a later campaign? 1450? or eaven better 30 years war => i like the Firearms and Matchlocks in Mediveal but hardly ever see them other then in custombattles

Any way to make AI hold atleast minimum supported garrison in all their cities/castles? It kills immersion a bit when you fight bloody war and barely survive, just to see enemy's army you just annihilated, left their cities defenceless with 1 unit in em and then just steamroll those.

Getting the AI to defend properly while still attacking properly is the holy grail. You can pretty much either set the AI to defend (but it wont attack) or you can set it to attack (but it wont defend). It's one of the flawed ways that CA set up the AI.

Suggestion: Some way to transfer populations from one place to another. It was not difficult for medieval kings to displace populations, his own or his enemies. In RTW you could do this a bit by recruiting units one place and disbanding them somewhere else, although it was a lame way of doing it. A way to do this would add a whole new dimension to the game, allowing strategic decisions to grow and decrease populations. f.eg, you might want to create an economic powerhouse, or draw population to help make a castle stronger faster. Obviously this ability would automatically be limited by growing squalor. Ideally it would also cause added discontent immediately after the population transfer, similar to when taking new cities.

But my guess is, "hardcoded"...

Yep hardcoded.

Lord Minotaur's Avatar Biarchus

Quote Originally Posted by Ishan View Post
    Aye.
    i wanted to ask you this a long time ago : FROM WHERE YOU GET THE COOL SMILES ? and did you agreed with my suggestion that i made in the past>

at the moment i think I'm right in thinking you can only recruit general in fortresses and citadels and they are all militarily minded yes? why not allow them to be recruited in large city's but have them admin minded and maybe with some chivalry. At the moment I'm always searching about to find the best administrator for the places i need/want to grow, far to much micro management for my liking.