Thread: Divide and Conquer - Public Beta Release - Preview in post #3249 - page 163

Default Re: Divide and Conquer - Public Beta Release - Patch 2 Released 27/1/2014

Hello,
    I was playing as Rohan and I`ve done everything what was needed to destroy one ring(I have destroyed Mordor few times like this playing as Imladris for example).
    When the Mordor abandon all settlements my game got crushed. This is taking place when remnants of Mordor(three armies to the south of lake Nurnen??) should appear after deleting armies and leaving settlements.

When I was playing before for one time Mordor was completely destroyed and remnants orcs were rebels. Another time these armies belonged to Mordor(other few generals and Sauron`s Will regiments survived).

It is possible to fix this problem without giving up destroying the ring? When I manually use command(for testing) "surrender_regions england" game is also hung. But this have happend only during current game. Normally Mordor receives "wandering" armies and game is still playable.

Thx for help
    I will be greatful for answer
    You made a great work and playing this mode gave a lot of enjoyment. I really wait for new patch.
    Good day!

Cytek's Avatar Libertus

Default Re: Divide and Conquer - Public Beta Release - Patch 2 Released 27/1/2014

Can you add some bonus for player? Example such as these:

- Palantir and the Mirror
    - Iconic studio (evlen building Spechule~)
    - Merchant guild (it doesn't help at all for ND)

2 anciliaries or traits, should get deleted. The palantir ownership - causes mind traits and the Isengard Nails (it gives a very stupid bonus, totally sucks)

It would help a bit and make game more interesting

There is also, a quite common problem with "Troll Cages". You should take a closer look at each of the 3 steps of it's upgreades. 1st lv of cages is ok, but the 2nd and the 3rd have a wrong troll units values. It should be a bit faster, then "slower"... 1st lv has 0.05, 2nd has a 0.04 and the 3nd has also the 0.04... :/ Shouldn't it be like:
    1st - 0.04
    2nd - 0.05
    3rd - 0.07

Also the snow trolls and white hand orcs have the wrong ammount of time respawn. With each new lv, it goes slower
    Last edited by Cytek; February 21, 2014 at 11:17 AM.

There are some triggers in export_descr_ancillaries.txt where ancillaries that should be for Lorien (Ireland) are marked for Silvan Elves (Mongols):

Commander of the troops (troops_gala)
    King of Lorien (king_lorien)
    galadrim
    lord_elwe

Same goes for Gondor and Dol Amroth:

prince of dol amroth: (has factiontype sicily)

If I find more I will report them.
    Last edited by Red Viper; February 21, 2014 at 01:13 PM.

Gratzy2's Avatar Semisalis

Quote Originally Posted by Saitouakira View Post
    will the reunited kingdom be in the next patch? (<major love for arnor^^)
    that's still quite a while away if i remember that's what Arachir said

The remnant of the King's Men who survived in Middle-earth after the destruction of Númenor were called the Black Númenóreans since they worshipped Sauron and were "enamoured of evil knowledge". They worshipped Darkness, and believed that Melkor and Sauron were its most powerful servants. At the end of the Second Age two of their number, Herumor and Fuinur, became lords among the Haradrim, though what became of them is unknown.

is it possible to create this unit for the Woodland Realm ? https://scontent-a-lhr.xx.fbcdn.net/...75862792_n.jpg
    To the next patch or something ...

Is it really random which faction gets called an invasion on? In all my playthroughs imladris has been the city thats gotten an invasion called on it.
    Now in my imladris campaign in was first imladris then goblin town then gundabad and lastly imladris again, all provinces under my controll by the way

Oddly in every one I've done it's Dale that gets the chop. Wonder if it varies by installation...

Quote Originally Posted by GothSaruman View Post
    is it possible to create this unit for the Woodland Realm ? https://scontent-a-lhr.xx.fbcdn.net/...75862792_n.jpg
    To the next patch or something ...
    I second this post, this design is completely amazing. Where did you find this goth saruman?

Zarathos's Avatar Miles

I've been playing the Mordor campaign. So far a lot of fun, slaughtering the humans and supplying my hungry orcs with plenty of man flesh. Nom nom nom.

However, I have been having a couple of problems.
    One is, siege towers dont work on the walls of minas tirith, forcing a very long slog of a battle at the gateway.

Secondly, when I have two armies sieging a settlement. I attack with one, allow the other as AI reinforcements. However the AI army, with the exception of one or two archer bands, just sits and watches my main army fight it out whilst they sit there scratching their simulated bums. In order to win the battle of Minas Tirith without being able to use siege towers or help from additional units I had to take the 60 minute time limit off (basic units, before the 40 turns). I was winning with one army, but when the time ran out both armies retreat and can't attack agan that turn, meaning when I attacked again had the exact same number of enemies as to fight again.
    I tried checking and unchecking the boxes which come up pre-battle for re-enforcements in every way possible.

That being said, I did win the battle in the end. Once I took the limit off I was able to beat them with just the one army. But it would be nice to have AI reinforcements work as well, is there a setting I can change for this perhaps?

Oh, and the campaign map is epic, I just love how much bigger, more detailed and accurate this map is, and I cannot wait to explore it when playing as different factions. I waited until the release and the first couple of patches before trying this, so I hadn't seen the new map until today and I was kind of blown away by it.

Thank you to everyone involved for giving up your free time and effort to create something which is going to give me many hours of fun.

Quote Originally Posted by fatalfreefall View Post
    I've been playing the Mordor campaign. So far a lot of fun, slaughtering the humans and supplying my hungry orcs with plenty of man flesh. Nom nom nom.

However, I have been having a couple of problems.
    One is, siege towers dont work on the walls of minas tirith, forcing a very long slog of a battle at the gateway.

Secondly, when I have two armies sieging a settlement. I attack with one, allow the other as AI reinforcements. However the AI army, with the exception of one or two archer bands, just sits and watches my main army fight it out whilst they sit there scratching their simulated bums. In order to win the battle of Minas Tirith without being able to use siege towers or help from additional units I had to take the 60 minute time limit off (basic units, before the 40 turns). I was winning with one army, but when the time ran out both armies retreat and can't attack agan that turn, meaning when I attacked again had the exact same number of enemies as to fight again.
    I tried checking and unchecking the boxes which come up pre-battle for re-enforcements in every way possible.

That being said, I did win the battle in the end. Once I took the limit off I was able to beat them with just the one army. But it would be nice to have AI reinforcements work as well, is there a setting I can change for this perhaps?

Oh, and the campaign map is epic, I just love how much bigger, more detailed and accurate this map is, and I cannot wait to explore it when playing as different factions. I waited until the release and the first couple of patches before trying this, so I hadn't seen the new map until today and I was kind of blown away by it.

Thank you to everyone involved for giving up your free time and effort to create something which is going to give me many hours of fun.
    Minas Tirith is currently bugged. There seems to be 2 issues with this settlement :
    -you can't reach the second gate (and therefore the center which leads probably to the AI being so passive)
    -the walls can't be manned

Leo (the one who made most of these marvelous custom settlements) knows about these issues and is looking at it.
    Last edited by Pandarr; February 22, 2014 at 12:16 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Pandarr View Post
    -you can't reach the second gate (and therefore the center which leads probably to the AI being so passive)

Ahh yes, I had meant to mention that you can't move units to the town capture area.
    This makes perfect sense, I hadn't thought of that. Loving the mod anyway. I wonder if the attacking armies will be the same when trying to take Minas off me again.
    Thank you very much for getting back to me.

I've had a look at the last couple of pages of the thread and don't see anyone else having this issue.

But just in case it's not just my computer/graphics card.

Is anyone else having trouble with trying to fight battles with custom settlements as Gondor with patch 2? Specifically, Henneth Annun and East Osgiliath (unrepaired) in winter turns. When it's winter I crash every time I try to fight a battle on the battle map; there's no problem in summer. This issue was not present in patch 1 and I've had no similar issues with campaigns as the Northern Dunedain, Dale or Khazad-Dum while using patch 2.

Quote Originally Posted by orodreth2525 View Post
    I second this post, this design is completely amazing. Where did you find this goth saruman?
    Right ... in my case i found it in Thranduil's Facebook XD ... i'm not kidding

hello,

thanks for the awesome work! I wonder if there is a way to add the borderless feature in a way similar to SS mod, that let you alt tab in and out of the game to desktop, without the need for the reloading bar window

Playing as Umbar i noticed a probable error regarding recruitment requirements of camel riders (the spear ones)

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	camel.jpg 
Views:	38 
Size:	118.5 KB 
ID:	302462

i modified the export_descr_buildings.txt to switch the culture from middlemen to chatolic and was able to recruit the camel riders the following turn.

copy this file in /mods/Third_Age_3/data folder and yes to overwrite the old one (you may want to make a backup of it before, there should be no issues, but i didn't tested it long)

export_descr_buildings.txt

Quote Originally Posted by geppo20 View Post
    thanks for the awesome work! I wonder if there is a way to add the borderless feature in a way similar to SS mod, that let you alt tab in and out of the game to desktop, without the need for the reloading bar window
    Go to your medieval2.preference file located in your Medieval 2 folder. Under [video] add the lines:
    windowed = true
    borderless_window = true
    In it for the rep.

it worked great! tnx Wizad

No problem, glad it worked.
    In it for the rep.

Pls fix Dunedains.

Catapults requirement is 25 % middle men for Numenor faction.

Annuminas and Fornost population growth is almost stoped, even if I have low taxes, building for growth, there is only 23 and 11 people in both cities.

Lack of units for Arnor faction. Seriously, there is no spearmen units, no armored units, except Arthedain swordsmen, no similar units from Gondor.

Lanciarius, this mod is in the beta stage. They already completely remade the map in an awesome way (not that I didn't like the old map). I'm sure that they can do good work on the content concerning the factions. We just have to have patience.
    In it for the rep.