Thread: [TW Guide] RTW: Dacians

Garbarsardar's Avatar Et Slot i et slot
    Patrician Tribune Citizen Magistrate Administrator Emeritus

Default [TW Guide] RTW: Dacians

Author: King Socci III Of Ireland
    Original Thread: Not Available

RTW: Dacians Dacians

Building: When you start out in Dacia there is a good chance that your economy isnt doing all that great, well your can try the money cheat by pressing ~ on the campaign map and typing in give_money 200000, is as high as you can go. But when you do start out try and build Traders, Roads, Or markets that will help your income a little, try seeing you settle detail scroll in your city. After building your traders you have an option you can build a barracks for your troops or you can build farms for your city, i suggest building barracks or stables, because you really want some kind of better troop, because warband spearmen arent that great. Next you want to try and build your other option (ex: if you built the barracks next would be the farms or vice versa), then you want to try and build some kind of shrine, check your settlement scroll details to see what kind of shrine would be best for your people. After your first level of shrine you want to try and make armorers or blacksmiths, then you want to make either a 2nd level of trader (ex: if you built a trader the 2nd level would be a market), or a better kind of road. Once you have done both i suggest that you do another sort of military building either a practice range, some sort of barracks or stables, depeneding on what kind of person you are. In dacias case, calvary isnt there strong suite, and well you dont really need great archers right away, so i suggest the next close-combat military building. I would build another farm-based building, then i would build a sewage system of some type. After a while i would try and optimize on a wall of protection, now in this case you want to try and squeeze a wall in there somewhere before your 2nd level buildings. Then and there after you can build what ever you feel or you can follow these procedures again.

Units: Okay you start with very bad units, i mean spear Warband just arent that good, and quite frankly there calvary suffers tremendously. But once you upgrade your army to falxmen you'll see that dacia controlls very nifty troops and i would like to discuss them.

Infantry:

Peasants: like every faction peasants are always there, there nothing but sword fodder and arent really that great, i would make maybe 1 of these troops for each settlement, just for defense. I would have 1 in each settlement.

Warband: they're alright at the beginning and are dacia's and most of the celtic faction's only spear troop. i wouldnt make too much of them but would just use them for the beginning, until you get falxmen or naked fanatics, but you always get falxmen first. I think that 2 should be in each army.

Falxmen: These guys are pre-berserkers, and are pretty good in attack but lacks defense. They make a strong hold to the dacian army and are very fast and willing to fight but like all troops of the celtic tribes, arent very disiplined. Falxmen in my opinion should be in every dacian army either if its a non-commander army, a commander army, or even a settlement army i think atleast 4 groups of them should be in each army.

Naked Fanatics: Great attacks these are dacia's beserkers. they do have somewhat of a good defense for even being naked. They are great at the charge and can do the warcry which mostly every celtic troop can. I like these guys because they can bring down light calvary quickly and some heavy infantry down with ease, but arent too good at attacking phalanxes or spearmen for some reason. I would have atleast 5 in each of my armys.

Chosen Swordsmen: Dacia's best armoured and attacking troop, they have good speed and can take down mostly any heavy infantry and some light phalanxes. They are somewhat good at bringing down light-medium calvary, but still suffer from very heavy calvary like cataphracts. I think these are the backbone to every dacian and even celtic army. I think each army should yeild 6-8 groups of chosen swordsmen.

Archers: i think that these guys are good at the begining and thats it, just like the warband. i think that chosen archers really pass them up once you could recruit them. But i think in the begining, each army should yeild 1-2 archer groups.

Chosen Archers: I think that these guys are good in defense and well personally i dont like archers in my army but they add a nice touch. they can do flaming arrows and can actually shoot longer than the regular archers do. I think each army should yeild 2-3 groups of chosen archers.

Calvary: I have nothing to really say except just chose 2 calvary units per army, because i think that dacia has a weak calvary basis. Now warlords are pretty good so maybe put 3 in an army. Its your decison but i would just stick with infantry for dacia. Dacia also had warhounds personally, i would have 1 per siege army, only because they are great in chasing guys down in citys or villages, whatever you seiging.

Note: Dacia is not a playable faction you can download Luvian's completed factions Mod at http://www.twcenter.net/downloads/db/?act=search&s ub=02. If you want all the factions in one which i think is good because it doesnt crash when you install it. Or you can go to my computer, local disk (c, program files, activison, rome-total war, then go to data, then world, then open the maps folder, then campaign. the open the imperial campaign folder and go to descr_strat.txt. Then open that up and it should have all the playable factions and the non-playable ones, and in between is the unlockables which means if you conquer them in the game they will become allowed in the imperial campaign. Dacia is not an unlockable so you have to go down and once you see dacia, highlight it then copy it, go up to playable factions and put it under the last playable faction, then paste it. Once thats down go over in front of END and click enter so it looks the same, dont forget to delete the dacia in the unplayable section. then close it out and say you want to save it. Then it should work but sometimes it doest crash so my advice is to do 1 at a time or just download the whole thing easily no questions asked.

Thanks For Reading my Article,

Sincerly
    King Socci Of Ireland
    Last edited by Saint Nicholas; January 21, 2011 at 09:15 PM. Reason: updated