Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Far Have I Travelled (A Sauromatae AAR for EBII) [Updated: 23/02/2022]

McScottish's Avatar The Scribbling Scotsman

Default Re: Far Have I Travelled (A Sauromatae AAR for EBII) [Updated: 23/02/2022]

Quote Originally Posted by Alwyn View Post
    That is a great moment, when the Sarmatians join the dance - and also when Antibion arrives. Nantuas's night of peace and happiness seems all the more intense, considering what he expects to happen soon.

Thank you as always, the support means a lot. Although the Sarmatians did not join in with the dance, I can see how the writing did swing a little that way, so my bad there.

Quote Originally Posted by Kilo11 View Post
    I am loving the careful intertwining of plot and character development. You may be writing this as an AAR, but with each installment, I am seeing more and more a novel unfolding. A novel which, if it keeps this quality, could very well be published! Keep the good stuff coming, man!

Ach! Away with your flattery, sir.

Honestly, I can only thank you as I do Alwyn, both of you are always so kind even as I disagree and wouldn't call this anywhere near 'novel quality'.

That being said, I did make a promise to myself that I would publish something before my time on this planet came to an end, so who can say where the road may lead?

Default Re: Far Have I Travelled (A Sauromatae AAR for EBII) [Updated: 23/02/2022]

Quote Originally Posted by McScottish View Post

Honestly, I can only thank you as I do Alwyn, both of you are always so kind even as I disagree and wouldn't call this anywhere near 'novel quality'.

That being said, I did make a promise to myself that I would publish something before my time on this planet came to an end, so who can say where the road may lead?
    Well, as with all things, there would be room for tightening things, sharpening some presentation, and otherwise just polishing the work overall. But honestly, the pacing, the storyline, the characters... it's all already at the quality of many historical fiction novels I've seen. If you were to weave this against the backdrop of some larger more well known historical thing, to give it a broader appeal, I could totally imagine this being something of interest to a publisher! At any rate, I am doing my best to set myself down the author route, and if I have any success, I am going to come help you get something out as well!
    | Community Creative Writing
    | My Library
    | My Mapping Resources
    | My Nabataean AAR for EBII
    | My Ongoing Creative Writing

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12