Thread: MAARC LXXXVII: The Winners!

Alwyn's Avatar Frothy Goodness
    Content Director Patrician Citizen

Default MAARC LXXXVII: The Winners!

Creative Workshop Competitions - Check out our sister competitions here on TWC! << Picture of the Week | Tale of the Week | Writers' Study General Competitions | Graphics Workshop Monthly Competition >>

Image by cedric37.

MAARC LXXXVII

Congratulations to the winners!

In FIRST PLACE is Derc Plays Through World History by Derc. This consistently impressive AAR offers dry and dark humour, skilfully created images and well-played campaigns, as Derc takes us on a tour of Total War history. Houserules, historical details and humour keep readers entertained and informed. If you're looking for ideas for your next Total War game or campaign, or if you're looking for an enjoyable account of one, this AAR is highly recommended; also, Derc's development diary offers insights for those considering writing your own AAR. This win earns Derc three Writers' Study competition points, taking him a step closer to a gold Writers' Study Competition Medal.

In SECOND PLACE is Toutatis Favours the Brave by Welsh Dragon. Welsh Dragon's AAR draws me into the world of the Nervii with his compelling writing, right from the opening lines:

They come for me in the night. Two warriors, amongst my most brave and loyal. Each has sworn their lives to me in both blood and battle. Their conviction tested time and again, and never found wanting. I would trust these men with my life, and have done so many times. On a night such as this, I would entrust no one else with the difficult duty we face.
    This win earns Welsh Dragon two Writers' Study competition points, putting him just two points away from a gold medal.

As there were fewer than six entries, there is no award for third place.

Thanks to all who entered and those who voted, and many congratulations to our winners!

The submission thread is here, the original voting thread is here, and the tie-break thread is here.

Last edited by Alwyn; January 23, 2021 at 06:59 AM.

Default Re: MAARC LXXXVII: The Winners!

Well done, you two. Both of your AARs are super cool. Super different, and therefore hard to compare in even the most rough sort of manner, but both worthy of a win here. It is also lovely to see you both getting yourselves into the realm of the vaunted Writers' Study Gold Medal! You guys have earned it!
    | Community Creative Writing
    | My Library
    | My Mapping Resources
    | My Nabataean AAR for EBII
    | My Ongoing Creative Writing

Turkafinwë's Avatar The Sick Baby Jester
    Content Emeritus

I second Kilo's reply. Both very deserving of the win and that Gold medal. Congrats WD and Derc!

Thanks Alwyn for running the competitions

Campidoctor

Ack, I completely missed the revote. Thanks a lot people.

Welsh Dragon's Avatar Content Staff

Congrats Derc on a well deserved first place, and thank you everyone who voted and took part.

All the Best,

Welsh Dragon.