Thread: Preview - with help from Zantorian and his Albion mod

Default Preview - with help from Zantorian and his Albion mod

You may have read that Zantorian has offered to let us to use assets from Albion Total War and has also volunteered to work on PKH!

The mods are quite similar in scope and map area etc, but unfortunately it's not as straightforward as taking the bits from both mods and combining them to make one releasable mod! Both mods have covered a lot of the same areas (strat models and map detail especially) with our own styles, and we're both missing some of the same stuff...

Anyway things have made a bit of a leap forward We had flags and symbols for the pkh factions which were rather bright and un-natural looking. Zantorian has already re-worked them for us - and it makes a huge difference to the look of the mod.

Shows some of the re-worked shield logos on a WIP menu background.

Is full screen view showing some of the shields and strat map flags in action, together with Zantorian's UI frame, buttons and radar-map fix.

Shows some more detail of flags - I've restructured them a bit so units and occupied cities have just the flag with a strip of ribbon showing the strength level. Empty settlement 'flag' has changed shape to include the illusion of a pole.

That pic also shows how some of the strat building models are combining. Foreground castle and Winchester are PKH original designs - I still need to do some re-scaling and brightening up work on those, but we have lots of unique/custom strat models! In between you can see some elements borrowed/adapted from Albion as ports/resources.

Our winter is currently full snow in Scotland/highland, partial covering in central areas, and autumn look with hard frost in the South. I'm contemplating moving the snow line a bit further into the North / high ground and having more areas staying with the Autumn look, but there will still be some snow and partial snow areas.

Shows revised town model and fishing village with a combo of Albion/PKH bits, that's also got some of my bracken instead of forest canopy which will be in use for some non-passable areas that shouldn't be that heavily forested...

Also PLEASE NOTE - all the Ports shown have Shadows! I've been struggling to get strat shadows working for everything, but a comprehensive sort-out of the faction_variants versus cultural default models has finally got us there In order not to lose them again strat residence and resource models will not be gaining much more detail!

Please extend some +rep to Zantorian for helping us out with this!
    If you're wondering where wilddog is, he's currently (literally as I type) launching a version of IWTE that will export/import to Blender... he's hoping to get back into PKH very soon!

Default Re: Preview - with help from Zantorian and his Albion mod

Really, really awesome! So great you're working together.

looks really interesting with all those noble houses
    getting older

Of all the mods in development on medieval 2 I'm looking forward to this one the most.

Love the factions too, finally thank you Christ!! Someone has decided to do a more realistic portrayal of the old noble families in a total war medieval game.

Thanks chaps

As a quick update resources have got a bit further - and about as far as they're going to at the moment!

There's a few village type ones, left to right Albion's Market Town with minor scaling changes and base > adaption of that for Textiles > Warehouse type thing to be associated with major port areas:

We're keeping some of our larger stand alone animal ones, included in pic are our horses (which have had a bit of a lod reduction but have bred), Albion's deer borrowed from their hunting ground (which have also mutated slightly), and some old pigs and sheep in the background:

Inspired by the village style stuff I've been off on a tangent with mines, from top left, Stone resource > Stone with 'quarry' > Iron deposit without mine > Iron with mine.

All looks great. I also hope you'll have a bunch of strat map elements from "Albion" and its 2d for buildings and portraits. What about Albion's agents system and province rulership, have you brainstormed about those too? It was quite unique as far as I remember from Zantorian's previews. Keep up the great job.

I never expected this to come back to life! Good luck, boys!

Hi any update? IS it ready ?